Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Melkaroth's Life Support Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
CpkcTcol.jpg

http://pusiaty.deviantart.com/art/Sith-Lord-257765073
Intent: To allow Melkaroth to survive and continue to function in combat, while giving him some measure of armor protection.
Dev Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Mirage Cybernetics
Model: Full armorweave/durasteel Body Suit, cybernetic limb replacements.
Affiliation: Personal
Modularity: None
Production: Unique
Material: Full Armorweave suit augmented by Durasteel plates
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 100kg
Quality: Class 9
Features: Full life support system, several cybernetic limb replacements.
Description: After he was crippled and mortally wounded in a duel, a personal life support system was created for the young Sith in order to preserve his life and allow him to continue to fulfill his combat role. The suit comprises of several replaceable limbs which are interfaced directly with his brain, allowing him to control his body as he normally would. This frame is encased with a full suit armorweave, with additional durasteel plates protecting key areas of the body. All of this equipment is of course very heavy and ungainly. This leaves him incapable of running for anything more than short bursts and severely inhibits his range of motion. This lack of agility has forced Melkaroth to completely change his fighting style, and can leave him vulnerable when faced with more agile opponents. In addition, the heaviness of the suit makes it almost impossible for the Sith to go anywhere quietly, especially on a metal floor.
However, the robotic suit does have some advantages as well. The suit gives Melkaroth around twice the strength of a normal human which compensates somewhat for his lack of mobility. The suit was also designed to turn the young Sith into a walking, talking arsenal. His left wrist is equipped with a retractable electrified blade for surprise attacks, as well as a high-powered hidden blaster attachment. This weapon is single-shot, taking several seconds to recharge, and is again designed for surprise. Both of these weapons are also interfaced directly with the Sith's mind, allowing him to control them as he would any other part of his body.
The combination of the thick durasteel plates and the armorweave means that Melkaroth is able to take several blaster hits to vital areas and survive, however, the armor cannot deflect blaster bolts entirely, and has no special resistance to lightsabers. Additionally, the face remains unprotected and is the Sith's weakest point. The suit does have some insulation to protect from electrical damage (primarily from the use of force lightning) but it is only a crude measure designed mainly to prevent the use of force lightning from simply shorting out Melkaroth's life support, and it will provide no protection from a powerful and sustained blast of force lightning as practiced by a skilled user.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Melakoth Tyrin "]- Two points. 100kg is an awful lot - I'd slash that, a lot. Other thing is, can you give me a multiplier for the 'superhuman strength', or at least some more detail? Sorry this has taken so long; I've had basically no internet for a week or two here.

It's no problem man. I'm basing the 100 kg on the weight of Vader's suit according to wookiepedia--120. I've got no problem slashing it though. Also, as for the strength modifier, does 2* sound good?

[member="Rasho the Hutt"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom