Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melia - 5 months in review

Melia Siari

M
It's been about 5 months, give or take a few days, since I made Melia Siari, and I've been trying a bit harder to be more of an over-the-top villain, a la Claude Frollo, with her. From recordings of screams to making her as much of a(n actual) sociopath as possible, Melia is possibly my only successful non-force user (as in the only one to last longer than 10-20 posts).

Have I been successful in my aim of making her an early disney-tier villain, or is she just another lisbot-insert? Also curious if she's as interested to read as she is to write.

I haven't written with your other characters so I can't say anything about "another lisbot-insert" but I can say that its refreshing to see a NFU dedicated to not only being an ACTUAL VILLAIN in the Sith Empire and also a Naval Commander as so many people see space and just fall back on ground one on one duel rp.

You've been a joy to fleet with.

EDIT:

Time for the criticism though. Like I said, I haven't RPd with any of your other characters and I have to say the first time I REALY paid attention to the character was during our first engagement. In that thread I got the sense that she was a "Do anything for the Empire" and in that she was a serious threat and cold, subdued villain. I have to say the playing of the screams came a little out of left field for me and I don't know if the Sith NEEDS more people that do weird evil things that seem just for the sake of being weird and evil. So maybe that's what you meant by "lisbot-insert"?

Melia Siari

M
Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce you wound me, we've written together before </3

edit: no, I mean a character that reads like I'm just using a different avatar and name but acting the same. The whole scream thing was just a demoralizing agent, she didn't find any satisfaction in doing it beyond knowing that it was be a temporary tool with some degree of effectiveness in more than one way. She isn't, like, doing this in her free time. There was a theme the sith empire and its navy and legion were supposed to fill to throw the defenders off of their game, so she was playing the part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Melia Siari Haven't rp'd with you yet [sadboy insert here] but i've read alot more of Melia's content than I have of Alekto's as of recent. I think she's a great villain, dope aesthetic and definitely someone i'd like to cross paths with in my starfighter sooner than later.

As far as criticisms go, the only one I can really think of is perhaps wondering where you want to go with her tone-wise? Like-- are you aiming for her to be sadistic like the Sith, or more-so be a cold and calculating type of character- like more of an Imperial moff/admiral?

If it's the former, I think you're hitting those notes more or less. I'd love to see her hit more of the latter tone though, to provide a solid contrast to the sadistic evilness that is THE Hailyn Hailyn .

So yeah, thats muh two cents :]

Melia Siari

M
Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku I am trying to find a middle ground, leaning towards the latter on the surface and towards the former underneath. Alekto is (spoilers) going to go the way of the do-do, so she's not going to be around for me to flaunt my, uh, actually I don't really know what with her. Shrewdness? Either way, Melia is a bit of a different direction for me, I wanted her to give off the first impression of being cold and uncaring, but on the inside take pleasure in putting herself above others. She's a career military woman, not really a politician, so I think perhaps less Tarkin and more Isard.

The Inexhaustible
Melia Siari

Pretty good.

and I am not saying this because she outranks me

I've been reading a lot of your content under this char and it's really good. And really, I have no criticism

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom