Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meeting On A Planet Of Scrap

Raxus Prime

The Slight Of Hand slowly lowered herself down through the atmosphere of Raxus Prime. The planet was barely nothing more than a scrap pile after generations and generations of old starship parts, datapads and more being dumped on it until piles of the metal reached beyond the horizon and the ecosystem was almost fully destroyed, corrupted at least. Raxus Prime, the planet know as the place droids go die.

At the helm of The Slight Of Hand was a blond, messy haired pirate who's eyes scanned the land bellow his screeching ship. His purple pupils, which differed in shade, flickered from side to side, looking for a place that would be safe to set down the ship. His left sclera was covered with a film of black that his the whiteness of his eye, caused by his Nervus of Ota birthmark. Between his lips, a lit cigarette hung, the smoke of which curled around his features.

Finally finding a relatively clear area to land, the pilot, a former nobleman named Ydrin, settle the Slight down. As he did so, a large, red droid behind him stirred, the optical processors flickering for a moment before settling on a steady yellow light,

"Addressee: Master. Question: Am I to take it that we have arrived at our destination?" Shutting down the systems of his ship, Ydrin didn't answer for a moment until he was standing next to Y8-S1, the droid.

"No, Y8, we've just arrived at some other scrap covered planet." The sarcasm as he spoke seemed to drip from his every word. His chuckles soon rang out the ship as he heard his companion' reply. "Confused Comment: I can not find any other planet that bears such an environment as the one outside. Concerned Inquiry: Is the Master malfunctioning and is unable to process information?"

Pulling on his duster coat and shouldering his rifle, Ydrin stepped out from his ship and onto the planet of Raxus Prime.

[member="Terys Rocabel"]

Terys Rocabel

The Mechanically-Inclined Medic
[member="Ydrin"]

"Shiny, do you think they're gone?" Terys tried to peek out from behind the pile of junk she and her droid were hiding behind, lifting her gas mask in order to get a better look.

"Negative, Sir. I--"

"Shiny! Lower your voice modulator!"

If the droid could have sighed, he would've. Nonetheless, Shiny continued on in a quieter voice, "Negative, Sir. I believe they are waiting there."

"Great. Just great." Terys sat back down grumpily, clutching her bag of spare parts. It was that time of year again when she and her Grandma would usually come to Raxus Prime to collect spare parts, but today it was just the blonde and her droid. As she was near the planet anyway, she offered to go in her grandma's place.

Now, though, as she was trying to avoid being gutted by scavengers and having Shiny dismembered, Terys was seriously reconsidering her plan. Her grandma, old and short as she was, would've taught those guys a thing or two. Nana Rocabel had been a fearsome woman in her prime, and many folks who'd frequented Raxus Prime knew not to mess with her.

When Terys tried to instill the same fear, she was laughed at. And then promptly chased when she threw a broken motivator at them in anger.

Her gun was no use, either. A civilian blaster pistol, it didn't hold enough shots to take care of the seven or eight pickers, who were a mix of Jawas, humans, and Rodians.

"Shiny, is your transmitter working? Do we have a signal?"

"I don't know, I haven't used it yet."

Terys whacked her forehead with her palm. "Why not?!"

"Because you didn't ask me, Sir."

"Shiny!"

"Sir, I suggest you lower your voi--"

"Gah!" Terys threw her hands up in the air slightly. "Look, use your transmitter and try to get someone to help us. Maybe they'll be nice if we give them some of our stuff." With that, she pulled her mask back down and looking through her peephole.

"Roger, Roger." Shiny meanwhile fired up his transmitter and began to scan through the frequencies, sending the text:

«Immediate help requested. Pinned down by scavengers. Lat: 63°24'22" Long: 111°21'26". Payment negotiable after saving.»

Ydrin was currently bent over, sorting through a pile of scrap looking for a CPU chip that would be compatible with Y8-S1's systems and one that would have a higher enough storage space that a full assassination protocol and behaviour information could be uploaded. As he did so, Y8 was sorting through another pile, his optical processors scanning every item he picked up and comparing it to the list of items that Ydrin had and provided to him. Suddenly, the red droid stood and titled his head.

"Addressee: Master Ydrin. Comment: Master, I am picking up a request for assistance in a nearby location on Frequency 280GHz. Payment is being promised. Inquiry: Are we to lend our assistance?"

Ydrin paused in his own search while thinking over if he should react or not before, with a sigh, he straightened up, his back cracking he did so. Grabbing his slugthrower rifle from where it rested he turned to Y8 and cocked an eyebrow.

"Well, are you going to lead the way or not?"

"Addressee: Master Ydrin. Confused Statement: But, Master, you have not yet answered my inquiry. Inquiry: Are we to lend our assistance?"

Ydrin sighed at his droid's answer, reaching up to massage hie forehead. While he enjoyed confusing Y8 with sarcasm at time, his droid's obliviousness to the point of inability to not process if an action could be taken without an order that at least hinted at it was annoying at times.

"Yes, Y8, we are. Now, will you please lead the way to the coordinates?"

"Addressee: Master Ydrin. Comment: Yes Master. Follow me."

-------------------

It surprised Ydrin when Y8 stopped him only a kilometre after they had started running, telling him that the coordinates lead to a location over the top of the current scrap pile before them. Signally with his hands, Ydrin instructed Y8 to hold his position before pulling his rifle from his shoulders and jogging up the hill until he reached the crest and could look down onto the scene bellow him. A fellow blond, though this one was female, and a droid were currently pinned down beneath a rather flimsy and small pile of junk by a group of eight, comprised of two Rodians, two Jawas and three humans.

Laying down into a rest position, Ydrin soon had his scopes trained on the head of one Rodian and was loading a magazine of seven rounds. "May the Gods guide my aim. Nilra Omvro, serve me well."

After his bid to his Gods and order to his rifle, Ydrin compressed the trigger of the rifle causing a 14.5mm round to tear through the air before slamming into the skull of the Rodian, dropping it to the ground in a spray of red mist. The silencer on the end of the barrel suppressed the bark of the rifle greatly while completely reducing the flash to nothing. As such, Ydrin managed to drop the other Rodian and one humans before the scavengers turned on his position, the weapons firing blindly at the top of the scrap pile, seeking for his position.

Keeping calm, Ydrin managed to drop one final scavenger, a Jawa, before the rain of blaster fire forced him to retreat, taking his rifle with him, as his last shot gave a way his position. Pulling out his Revolver from its holster, he waited to see if any of the remaining scavengers would come after him.

[member="Terys Rocabel"]

Terys Rocabel

[member="Ydrin"]

"Anything yet, Shiny?"

"Negative, Sir. There has been no indication of anybody receiving our message."

Terys sighed. What she wouldn't give for a grenade right now... Ordinarily, she didn't like to take lives, but on Raxus Prime it was different. Unless you knew people, or made a deal with someone, it was a dog eat dog world. And even then, there were chances of betrayal.

Besides, they were wasting time right now. The two were almost done with collecting her grandma's list, but those scavengers were giving her a headache. And any time she stood up, they shot at her -- and the white handkerchief she'd tried raising.

Gas mask still on, the woman peeked out of the peep hole again...and let out a shriek as she fell back.

"What is it, Sir?"

"Th-that Rodian! His head exploded!" She crawled back up, watching as two more were dropped before the rest began to run away.

"Shiny! That must be someone who's here to help!" The remaining four scavengers began to run towards a different pile, shooting at it.

"What should we do?"

Terys jumped up, reaching under her mask to wipe away a thin layer of sweat from her forehead. Gun in her hand, she looked at the droid. "Go get a gun from one of the bodies. We are going to go help our saviour! Now, run!"

She and the droid began to move as fast as they could, though Shiny fell behind. As he grabbed one of the blasters Terys continued to move closer to the remaining scavengers. Once she was in range, she began to shoot. "Shiny, shoot those four scavengers!" Her own aim was terrible, but at least they'd left the battle programming in the old droid.

"Roger, Roger."

His head titled slightly, Ydrin listened to the activity on the other side of the pile of scrap, thanking the Gods for his highly sensitive hearing (a sign of his less than pure human heritage). From what he could tell the scavengers were attempting to flee while the girl and her droid were now preparing to attack. He held a small amount of concern for the woman, the shriek she had let out could indicate that she didn't have it in her to end a life and send the soul into the Void, placing her in danger. And he hadn't wasted his efforts for the woman he had saved to die.

'Besides, she owes me a kiss before her death.'

Chuffing at his mentally uttered joke, mainly at how bad it was, with a smirk, Ydrin re-holstered his revolver, rolled to his knees before grabbing his rifle and leaping to his feet, breaking into a run and easily clearing the peak of the mound of junk. At the same time he signalled for Y8 to follow after him, but chose not to signal him to follow his combat programming.

Casting a quick eye over the scene as he ran towards it, Ydrin felt rather proud about the fact that his guess about events based on what he was hearing was correct. The four remaining scavengers were indeed fleeing and the woman, droid in tow, was sprinting towards the group. In the back of his mind, Ydrin spared an admiring thought to the appearance of the blond before paying it no mind and refocussing.

Seeing the woman begin to fire at the scavengers, her droid, Shiny he believed she had called it, soon joining her in raining blaster fire on the group, Ydrin increased his pace while bringing his rifle to bear, stock pressing into his shoulder, as he lined up the shot. He was mindful of the fact that only three rounds remained in the magazine and the fact that he was running, his shots were limited and aim compromised.

The first shot missed one of the humans, a scruffy looking female with black hair that reached down to the middle of her back dressing in leather clothing. The second clipped her shoulder, sending her spinning to the ground from the force generated within the large caliber round. The third shot was a lucky one as it landed on the head of the woman, reducing the scavengers numbers to three - one Jawa and two humans.

At that point, Ydrin had drawn equal to the blond he had rescued and 'Shiny' and Y8 had caught up with his sprint, the droid's hydraulic limbs faster than his own, his blaster pistol barking and bucking in the droid's hands as it rained fire down on the now sheltering scavengers.

Slinging his rifle over his shoulder, Ydrin removed his revolver once again, taking aim at the hiding place of the Jawa. He didn't have a large amount of bullets available to him and knew that every shot ahd to count. So he waited, waited for the Jawa to lean out to take a shot.

[member="Terys Rocabel"]

Terys Rocabel

[member="Ydrin"]

Another scavenger fell under the rain of fire, leaving two other humans and a Jawa. Between Shiny's aim and the aim of the other droid -- was that a Y8 series? -- the other two humans fell as well. Terys had yet to actually hit anything, but she didn't feel too bothered by that.

In any case, the only one left was the Jawa, who was currently hiding. By now, the person who'd come to her call for help was standing next to the three. Terys neglected introductions for now -- that could wait. Instead, her masked face watching the hiding spot, she waved Shiny forward. As the pair walked forward, she said, "He's the only one left. Perhaps we can reason--"

A sudden cry filled the air, and the Jawa leapt out, his weapon aimed at them. Before he could manage a shot, though, Shiny had already blasted him in the head. Incredulous, the young woman dropped her gun and whipped around, eyes wide underneath her goggles. "Sir, all scavengers have been shot," Shiny said blandly. "The mission is completed."

"Yeah...right." Shaking her head, she made her way back to the two strangers. Walking up to the blond, Terys pulled off her gas mask and stuck out a hand. "My name's Terys, and my droid is Shiny. I can't thank you enough for saving us. What do I owe you two?" She tried very hard not to stare at his eyes; the young woman had seen many things, but she'd yet to come across eyes quite like his.

As the blond made to move forwards, mentioning something about reasoning with the remaining scavenger, the Jawa Ydrin had his sights trained on, he shook his head slightly. Unless the reason that she had been pinned down was because she accidentally insulted their mothers while talking, then the scavengers were mostly likely after her life and her droid, causing all attempts of reasoning to fall through.

When the Jawa popped his head out where he was hiding, warbling a war cry, Ydrin's finger curled around the trigger to fire. However, he was beaten to the point as the droid, Shiny, brought his blaster rifle to bear and dropped the Jawa with a shot to the head.

Chuckling at what had happened, Ydrin holstered his revolver before turning to Y8, ordering him to stand down. Much like Ydrin, Y8 holstered his blaster pistol however his holster was the inside of his right thigh as the armouring there slid out revealing a chamber with the droid's thigh.

Turning back to the blond and her droid, Ydrin cast his eyes over her body as she removed her gas mask. She had a rather lithe body with obvious muscles on her arms while she was only slightly shorter than he was, smaller by what he guess to be around two inches only. Her outfit was relatively simple, showing no signs of high end material, hinting that while she got by her family, or herself, weren't exactly rich. Like him, she had blond hair, however hers was a more clean blond and her hair was much thicker. Over all, a rather beautiful woman who knew how to pull her weight.

"Terys? I am Ydrin. A pleasure my lady." Ignoring her question of price for his help, Ydrin clasper her offered hand in one of his own, subtly caressing the pads of her fingers, feeling the callouses there, confirming his theory that he pulled her own weight and often worked with her hands, most likely with relatively heavy items if the muscles along her arms were to be believed.

Bending at the waist, his other hand drifting to be held against the small of his back, Ydrin bowed over Terys' outstretched hand, barely brushing his lips across her knuckles. Straightening out of the bow, releasing her hand as he did so, Ydrin titled his head forwards in an action that was a mix of a bow of his head and a nod. A small smirk pulled at his lips as he stared into her eyes, speaking as he did so.

"Charmed, I assure you." As he spoke, the slightest hints of an accent brushed beneath his voice, a hint to his time amongst the nobles at court. "As for what you owe, I would ask for nothing more than a kiss." A mischievous glint flared within his mismatched eyes at that. He loved to push people, to send them to their limits, to disorientate them, to see the true person beneath. In his experience, such comments often served the part. There was also the fact that Terys was rather beautiful, so if she agreed, he certainly wouldn't oppose.

[member="Terys Rocabel"]

OOC Note:
As I've said before, he can be a bit of a flirt and attempted womaniser.

Terys Rocabel

[member="Ydrin"]

Well then. Terys was certainly not expecting a stranger on Raxus Prime to act like that. It rendered her speechless, partly because her brain was too busy processing the behaviour.

When her brain finally caught up, words just sort of tumbled out of her mouth. "Ydrin? Nice name." No last name, but what did she expect? She didn't give him one. "And I'm certainly not classy enough to earn the 'my lady' bit, but you won't see me complaining!" Her own accent still held enough of the drawl from her home planet to make her origins clear: I.e., not from aristocracy.

"Wait. A kiss?" She laughed, her brain now going with the rhythm. "You're too funny! That's a good one! Seriously, what do I owe you?" Terys wiped her one eye, still laughing a bit. At least...until she noticed how Ydrin was standing.

"Aw, hell. You weren't kidding, were you?" Still trying to make light of the situation, she gave him a lopsided grin. "I don't think your droid would like that too much."

When Terys mentioned his droid, the easy going smirk on Ydrin's face was gone, his lips twisting into a fierce frown and his features becoming frosted over with anger and indignation. It was only the glint of humour in his eyes and the fact that his eyebrows didn't furrow in anger as they usually would that broke the façade and revealed the joke.

"My lady, I have no idea what type of relationship you are suggesting I share with my droid, but I would ask you not to insult me in such a manner. Especially after I have just pulled your ass out of the fire."

The lines were delivered with such a dramatic flare that Ydrin couldn't stop the faintest of twitched pulling at the corners of his lips. Soon, the frosted look melted into a mischievous smirk as Ydrin leered at Terys in an exaggerated manner.

"And what a fine one it is at that." Chuckling huskily, Ydrin allowed himself to continue the joke for a few moments while before returning to being serious. "Now, as for payment. You joining me on my ship with a bottle of Correlian Whiskey to share. I am interested to see if you are someone who can provide me with ... intelligent conversation that does not cause me to drift off."

[member="Terys Rocabel"]
OOC Message:
I wasn't too sure where to take this thread that would allow Ydrin and Terys to get to know one another. Sorry about this if you're unhappy with it.

Terys Rocabel

[member="Ydrin"]

No worries :) it takes a lot for me to be unhappy with a post. I also just realised Terys shouldn't recognize Y8, since I missed the part about him being the only one of his kind in the sub. Sorry about that!

She pulled away slightly, not expecting such a dramatic change in mood. And especially over something so tiny! Aw, hell. Where was a wrench when you needed one?

But then his words and his manners clued Terys in on what he was really doing, and he laughed. Not those stupid, dainty little laughs those wussy girls did. Hers was a hearty laugh only those who did hard work with their hands would know, and have.

Ignoring the crack about her posterior (he was a guy, and in her experience most guys, no matter how sweet, were almost all alike) she planted her hands on her hips, this time her turn to exaggerate. Overly scrunching her nose, as if deeply in thought, Terys turned to Shiny and asked, "Hmm. I don't know. Hey Shiny, do we have any other plans today?"

Without hesitation, Shiny replied, "Sir, we have not yet finished collecting parts for Elder Rocabel." Terys choked down a snicker. She had programmed Shiny to call her grandma that...And Grandma hated it. "We still need a--"

"Ah, we have enough. She'll understand; the other parts we can buy for not-too-expensive prices."

"But sir, there are also safety concerns. This individual is a stranger who we have encountered on a planet filled with dangerous individuals."

Her blue eyes darted to the other blonde, a slight smirk on her face. "Oh, he doesn't look that dangerous. I mean, just lock at that face!" There -- payback for the leering and aforementioned remark.

"Er..." If droids were capable of looking embarrassed, Shiny would have nailed it down pat. Meanwhile, Terys's mind had already been made up. Yes, he was a stranger. And yes, this was Raxus Prime. But if he tried any funny business, well...She could handle herself no problem. Perks of being friends with a male blacksmith's daughter in a town of immature boys.

Besides, she was rather curious about the droid. She'd never seen anything like it before, though her grandma might've. Nonetheless, the best source of information was the original source, her Nana always said.

Dropping the charade, the young woman turned and looked at Ydrin No-last-name. "I'd be more than happy to have a drink with ya. I don't get too many opportunities to have one, anyway." She gave him a half-hearted grin. "No promises on the intelligent conversation, though. Can't say I've had many adventures worth telling."

Ydrin rocked back onto his heels, raising an eyebrow at the exchange between Terys and her droid, Shiny. It was rather easy to match said droid to an image that Ydrin had seen of a B-1 Battle Droid that he had come across during his studies as a child, cooped up in the gilded cage of his family's estates. The droids had been under the control of the Separatist Army, programmed to be more aggressive than the behavior so far exhibited by Shiny. This fact alone hinted that either Terys or this "Elder Rocabel" were highly skilled in slicing and programming, maybe even both of them. Either way, Ydrin signaled discreetly to Y8-S1 to lock down his ship's systems as tight as possible, he wouldn't risk his operations nor information around anyone.

Refocusing on the duo before him, Ydrin smirked at the comment about his face. While a sarcastic comment was on the tip of his tongue, he refrained from vocalizing said thought. Instead, he let a smirk tug at his lips and would allow his fellow blond to draw whatever conclusion she so wished.

At Terys' acceptance of his offer, Ydrin swept himself into a bow, one that he had been forced to learn as a child when learning how to operate within the Noble courts. Bending at the waist and lowering his torso until it was parallel with the scrap covered ground beneath his boots, Ydrin held his right arm across his chest and his left arm against the small of his back. His left leg and been pushed backwards, scraping along the mounds of metal beneath the leather soles while his right leg had bent at the knee. Raising out of his bow, Ydrin offered his left elbow to Terys.

"Shall we, M'lady."

Even as he addressed his fellow Blond, Ydrin acknowledged the feint murmur of, "Addressee: Master. Statement: Hostile at 5." Without removing his eyes from Terys, one eyebrow raised and a small smile on his lips, Ydrin removed his Revolver from its holster and fired a single shot behind and to the right of him. The result of which was a human, who had been charging down the slope of rusted metal, falling down into a tumble as his left knee exploded in a show of red mist. Whispering out of the corner of his mouth for his droid to take care of the fallen human, Ydrin nonchalantly holstering the slugthrower as if nothing had happened, his expression never once shifting the entire time.

[member="Terys Rocabel"]

Sorry about the delay in posting. Also, I hope you don't mind what I had happen at the end of the post. It was a random idea that came to me while I was writing this.

Terys Rocabel

[member="Ydrin"]

Terys tried not to roll her eyes at the bow, but when he offered her his elbow, she gave it a slightly perplexed look. He was clearly expecting her to do something, but...What? On her home planet, there was no bowing or anything like that. Oh, they had good manners and all, but it was of the "shake hands" variety -- and there were certainly no "M'ladies" walking about.

Movement distracted her, and the girl's blue eyes travelled upwards to meet a figure running at them. "There--!" But it seemed her warning was unnecessary. Without even turning, Ydrin incapacitated the person with a single, well-placed shot. "This one's interesting," she whispered to Shiny, who said nothing.

As the Y8 droid walked off towards the body, Terys gave a little clap. "That was way impressive, Ydrin," she told him, her voice sincere. "Where did you learn to shoot like that, anyway? And which direction is your ship?"

Ydrin sighed slightly at the confused look Terys had sent at his offered arm. It always frustrated him when he came across those of a lower upbringing that his own. That was not to say that he looked down upon those of the lower upbringing. His annoyance was born from the fact that he had had to experience a more privileged life, one of easy living and splendor, than other in the Galaxy. That was what frustrated him, that he was the one who was given a better than life from nothing more than the DNA in his body.

Lowering his offered arm, making a quick mental note to rein in his more nobility based behavior as it would pass by Terys unnoticed, Ydrin swept an arm to his left, palm open, as a silent gesture in answer to Terys' question about the location of his ship. Turning sharply, leather duster flaring behind him, Ydrin strode off in the direction he had just gestured. Stopping after only a few steps, Ydrin twisted his head around to stare at Terys and cocked an eyebrow, waiting for her to follow.

After silence had fallen between the two beings and two droids for a short while, broken only by the sound of their feet on the mounds of mental beneath their feet, Ydrin turned his head to look at his fellow blonde and spoke.

"My apologies, I seem to have mislaid my manners and not answered one of your questions. It was where had I learnt to shoot, correct?" Without waiting for an answer, proving the question to be a rhetorical one, Ydrin continued to speak. "I learnt how to shoot back on Naboo - my home planet. It was a required lesson, or so my dotkohu of a Farther said." His voice changed, raising in pitch slightly and adopting a much more pronounced accent, when he next spoke. "'Every son of noble blood should know how to hunt. And no son of mine will be the exception.'" His voice returned to its normal sound. "I just took those lessons and practiced, pushed myself to seek perfection, training myself on how to shoot with a variety of weapons; rifles, pistols, blasters, slugthrowers, as many as I could. All in a verity of ways; shadow shooting, quickdraw, blind. What you saw was the result of hundreds of hours of practice and training. Does that answer your question?"

[member="Terys Rocabel"]
Note:
The last two paragraphs are written after a short time skip, when Ydrin, Terys, Shiny and Y8 are heading towards Ydrin's ship. Hope that's okay.

Terys Rocabel

[member="Ydrin"]

Lol if something bothers or irks me, I'll let you know. Otherwise, don't worry about it :)

Terys hurried after Ydrin, shooting a glance over her shoulder to make sure Shiny was following. He was.

The next few moments were filled with silence, during which the girl took the opportunity to think. Though all intergalactic travel they went on took place on a crowded shuttle, it was still very odd to be travelling with anyone like this who was not Shiny. Or her grandma, for that matter.

His accent, too, niggled at the back of her mind. Not the sound itself, exactly, but just...the way he said things, and his manners. It was very odd. Certainly nothing she'd come across in excess -- most, if not all, of the folks she rubbed elbows with were from the lower echelons of society, and thus tended to have more rugged manners.

Speaking of, the sound of his voice drew her back to reality, and Terys had to listen closely for a second before she realised he was answering her question.

Noble blood... ​That explained his peculiar mannerisms, as well as his accent. But it also raised more questions.

"More than, actually. What's a Naboobian noble doing all the way out here? And don't just say it was to rescue me. I'm not that airheaded."

She did a little jog until she was ahead of him, then turned around and began to walk backwards. Studying him closely, Terys added, "Did something happen to your family? Were you exiled? Framed? Is that why you didn't offer your last name?" Perhaps he had done something to be exiled? Something bad? The thought made the blonde somewhat queasy just thinking about it. She was beginning to like Ydrin, too.

Well, perhaps she could still like him. The Ydrin of the past was unlikely to be the same as the Ydrin of right now. He did, after all, save a stranger's skin.

Realising that her questions had begun to sound somewhat accusatory, Terys gave him an apologetic smile. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. It's not my place to judge you, either way."

Ydrin smirked throughout the quick barrage of question, keeping his silence while waiting for the blonde to quite and allow him to answer her questions. When the apologetic smile crossed Terys's face, Ydrin softened his smirk into a kind smile and inclined his head slightly, accepting her apology for what it was. Reaching into one of the inside pockets of the duster, Ydrin removed two items. The first was a sliver, blank case, the second item was a second silver case - one much ticker and also smaller.

Opening the first case, Ydrin removed a single, rolled cigarette and placed it between his lips before replacing the case he had removed the cigarette from. Flicking open the second case, it was revealed to be a zippo lighter. Rolling the wheel in an easy and practiced move, Ydrin held the produced flame to the end of the cigarette for a few second. Flicking the lighter back shut, it to was soon replaced. Each action was purposely slowed, in an attempt to raise the tension between he and Terys for nothing more than teasing.

Inhaling deeply, Ydrin removed the cigarette and let it hang from between two of his finger. Exhaling a ling stream of smoke, Ydrin spoke.

"Inquisitive little beauty, ain't you?" He chuckled briefly. "Now, in the order you asked. No. Yes. No. And no." Chuckling slightly, Ydrin took another deep breathe of smoke and nicotine from the cigarette before continuing. "To explain. No, nothing happened to my family - beyond my actions. Yes, I was exiled - but from my family and by my own violation. And, the reason why I don't offer my last name is due to legacy. I wish to build my own legacy, built upon my own name, not the name of my kin."

At that point, the group crested a mound of scrap and, bellow them, was Ydrin's ship. Ydrin turned to Terys with a smirk on lips once more and his arms crossed across his chest. "I guess that you want to know the details about my self-imposed exile? Shall we do so over a drink?"

[member="Terys Rocabel"]

Terys Rocabel

[member="Ydrin"]

"You guess right," Terys replied, thinking, And more. Even with the answer he'd given her, Ydrin had still left more questions than answers. "Of course, I must warn you. I don't really drink a lot of alcoholic beverages...if ever. Mostly because the majority of places won't accept me." Her face deepened into a scowl. "Apparently I'm too...young looking. And it's not like I have a habit of carrying ID cards around, so...needless to say, it's not often I get a nip of ale or whiskey."

"The Mistress also attempts to fight the bouncers, further inhibiting her ability to enter."

"I do not!" Then, in a softer voice, she added, "Not all the time..."

They finally arrived at his ship, but the blonde merely gave it a once-over. While most people drooled over ships, she merely saw them as tools; so long as it got her to where she needed to go without falling apart in the process, she was good.

In any case, Terys turned to look at Ydrin. "Can I at least know your last name? I realise you want to be free of your family's shadow, but...I can promise you I probably don't know them." She held up two fingers and smiled. "Scout's honour. I'll even tell you mine."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom