Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meeting of the Guard

Jaster was in his office in the central building of the Conglomerate Trade Plaza where he was filling out paperwork for the new development of the Phrik Mine that was to be commissioned soon. The only problem was that his already thin security force was already maxed to the limit and couldn't spar the men to guard the new mine. He would have to come to a decision to either loose his personal guard and send them to the construction site, or wait till a new recruited to fill the spots needed.

It was still an difficult decision as he needed his guard to fill the spot as he was now wanted by a few other nations for the current rumor that was spreading.

With enemies creeping from the shadows, he needed a better securit force them just the rookie ones he was using. They were of course nothing more then glorified security officers, they were trained better the time he average militia, but against a bounty hunter, they were nothing. As such he figured he would need a new group of higjly trained individuals to protect him.

As he though if this, he remembered that a request form had just passed his desk from his Exsecutive Chairwomen about her company.

He sampled around his desk and fumbled through the nearly mountain of datapads that needed his signature, but currently he just couldn't make a dent in the work. He was buried in the request forms from all the new alliances, new projects, and even the new species that wished to join the conglomerate. It was like every time he finished one form a Driod brought in three more right after another.

There it is. He found it, it was under the request form for the set up of a colony of a planet in the Unknown, something for another day. He read through it, and it was bold was if was, but then again, that was why he hired the women. It would seem the women wanted to commission a elit guard for the protection of the more notable within the membership. It was a fine idea, but could he pay for such a endever, he throught, after all, the lavishness they were doing currently was beginning to make a dent in their earnings. Not by much, but just enough for Jaster to think he needed to worry.

Maybe I should ask for her to tell me if we can make the cost, I mean she did gather a new member base.

He opened up a intercom to speak with his assistant, Dar'Taiar, "Dar'Taiar, this is Jaster, can you ask [member="Xenia Nastassia"] to meet me as soon as she's available?"

She checked back with a click of the it intercom and proceeded to contacted the Chairwomen.

As he waited for the Chairwomen to take up his call, he reviewed the schematics of the droids she wished to use. [x2] NN-2 Battle Droids, [x3] NN-Disco Droids.
, [x20] NH-Knight Droids, [x2] NK-Infiltration Droids, [x1] NN-Prophet Droid. Some very high tech equipment, and some where just beyond what he could pay for.

It was however a point of security, so it would eventually pay for itself, and with the new memberships that were climbing on board, he couldn't say no. He would have to budget something, and of course that would mean the speeding process of the Phrik Mine. This was something Jaster couldn't build without the Goverments permission, as such, he would have to promise them stuff he would have to deliver later.

Great, more paperwork.

Finally while Jaster was reading through the request he received from the Val'hala center all goverment.[member="Xenia Nastassia"] finally replied to Jasters request for an audience to speak with her about seeing a demonstration of these droids and their cohesion together. Jaster didn't like humans very much, so the idea of a droid taking care of the protection made him feel safer. The only problem was that he had to make promises that he would have to complete to the central government, that it take over the city. Jaster smiled at the idea.

"Hello, Miss. Nastassia, about your request, I would like a demonstration of what your droids can do, I do understand your buys, so just sending some techs along with the droids them selfs would be suffice to conduct a proper tutorial, will that be acceptable?"

Xenia didn't seem to lose focus, not even for a moment. That said, she wasn't one to buckle down for the lesser tasks in life. While she had an adamant drive, it burned not for signing flimsier or wavers in their various forms. During the restating of NastassTech she had been forced to sign, write and edit more drafts and documents than she had ever intended. Instead Jaster and her droids took up such labor, Detox had no opinion on scribing highly intelligible material to other trade outposts, long off worlds and their leaders. Jaster seemed only slightly less complacent than the droid, certainly never complaining to her directly. A thin smile lined her lips, her legs propelling Xenia down a long stylish corridor, built in the underlit, modern edged style of the conglomerate. She was headed towards the communications array, not seven doors down, where apparently the viceroy required her. Requested her, more like. It had taken three attempts from the generic protocol unit to promt Xenia's reply, but it did finally come.

Once inside Xenia was lined with rows of information banks and long or short ranged comms, as differentiated by their orange verse yellow-gold coloring. <<Lady Directorate,>> another, more slim and shined droid rang clear in some muddlement of shock and excitement. She didn't make appearances here often, much to the programmed dismay of most mechanical bipedals. <<How can I be of service?>> it continued, following Xenia even when she gave no indication of wanting the added company. After thinking about it and scanning the room, she decided on which terminal she'd use and gravitated towards it freely, obviously one of the newer, cleaner looking installments. The yellow rimming round her terminal denoted it's shorter range, seeing as she meant only to broadcast into extra-planetary space as she was on Val'hala already. "Open up a feed to the viceroy's personal chamber, and make it quick." The droid nearly broke into movement, an automated 'yes m'lady' before out rigging her for holographic projection. Stepping into the proper boundary so as to have her image carry through properly, Xenia waited a moment, then activated her smile. As soon as the channel connected Jaster's voice carried over, requesting that she validate her droids to him. Each droid had been individually proven, though he wanted to test the over all cohesion of multiple units?

"Of course," and she tipped her head out of respect. It was important to maintain that she was in no way inferior to her conversational partner, while also giving him the respect he needed in order to continue his work. "Though I think you'll find they work well beyond whatever else money might buy you. I have a complete shipment coming in from Naboo's branch, it should arrive within the hour." She was excited to show her droids to the viceroy. Meant he'd be able to see their splendor for himself-- more fully than their already stellar work on worlds like Iskeria and Sullust. Taking pause, she seemed to change the course of her thoughts and redirect a second look towards Jaster.

"Our phrik mines have reported a 120% yield rate to what numbers we had come up with, though Val'hala's government seems to be just as surprised as we are. Already Dingo Corps," a local Val'hala mining outrigger company, "are setting up their own operations and we don't have the proper claims to disband them. They're trying to dig away as much of our prophet as they can. I warned you of this," then she paused again. "With everything in place here, and with the growing interest in our phrik, it's time we start expanding and look elsewhere for that same material. Somewhere only we know of, and somewhere only we have the privedge of owning." She didn't like fighting with a planet's government over resources when it could be avoided, and Val'hala was beginning to feel a little cramped.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

[member="Xenia Nastassia"]

Jaster knew well enough that relations between the goverment and the Trade Conglomerate were becoming very strenuous. Jaster didn't believe in their claims, and even mines Phrik from the world without their permission. Buisness was buisness, and now his organization was forced to purchase Phrik from other companies transporting the metal off the planet. He was slowly chipping away at the religious faction, even recruiting larger numbers who wished to defect to conglomerate and leave their religious culture behind. Jaster was even forced to replace some Val'halan figures with other species because of new religious tensions.

This of course didn't matter, Jaster had many of planets to fall back to, Val'hala was not the only planet. A new more prosperous planet was now in his path, he had been spending billions on preparing it, and it was nearing it completion and ability to open trade. He had informed only the nearest of the higher up of the new planet, and soon it would be complete, "I understand your situration and I to believe we must find a new world to work out of, soon the CP will be complete and we will once again get back on track, I will speak with you later about the details, good day Miss. Nastassia."

Jaster now just needed to await the delivery of droids where he would test their compatibly.

Several days later, Jaster recieved word that the new droids had arrived and were being set up. He still had quite a lot of work to finish, but would later meet up with other employees to watch the demonstration.

Once he was finished, Jaster sent an email to the rest of the robotics division to notify them of his arrival. Along with himself, leaders of the Security Division, as well as the Director of the Execution Division were to arrive. They all say close to each other to watch the new demonstration, and for some, their jobs be given to droids.

Members of the Honor Guard, the squads that protected the high ranking officals, were also in attendance where they were to watch and comment. These were very loyal guards, picked from all divisions of the company and trained to protect with their life's, die if need by. It would be difficult for a droid to do the same and sacrifice itself, if it didn't even know what sacrifice was. Jaster was interested in seeing how this would work out, especially in Nastassias favor.

Jaster along with the command Directors of each division of the security councils were onlooking to see what would happen in the demonstration. Jaster wanted to mix it up a bit, and brought in two squads of Honor Guards to try and infiltrate the office of a diplomat. Weapons were put on stun, but droids were programmed to be lethal, so it was optional to aproch near the units. Jaster and the Directors looked over the scene through a holographic display of the diplomats room, the two hallways and then the other optional entry points. All Guards were to pass this same test before becoming Diplomatic Honor Guards. This was to see if the droids could work together and break the current record. The record was held by Jasters personal guards, he always picked the best and the most cohesive to protect him.

The mission started and the droids were standing in the area outside the room. Once the alarms went off, they responded quickly, having the diplomat take cover under the later proof desk, a common protection ground within protocol. Once don't the Knights guarded the doors while the rest of the droids took posistion in the room, two even trained their weapons on the air vents that weren't connected to anything, something the Guards rarely did.

The Knights went on the offensive and began to scan the corridors and hallways actively searching for enemies. It would seem the programming Nastassia wrote was working quite compatible with one another, they worked in unison without saying a word. He continued to watch as the droids made their way to the first enemy team. They were guns crossing as the two teams were around the corner from one another, without moving a step, the droids stopped inches from being seen. They continued to wait until the enemy team stuck their head out to see around the corner where they were subdued and detained. The rest of the enemy team was disposed of and surprised when the following droids shot them.

Jaster hand realized until now, but the second droid team had taken the other enemy team down as well, almost in unison to the other droid Knights. He was surprisingly impressed, even as he looked at the time of the completed test. They had ended the demonstration with only 1 lost in half the time of his best guards. This was also not even with the most elite droids who were still protecting the diplomat in the office.

Jaster nodded at the accomplishment.

The day was coming to an end and Jaster was still reviewing the data about the demonstration that he witnessed. Well trained guards were made to look like rookie rent-a-cops. With this knowlage and continued pressure to secure facilities for Comglomerate usage, Jaster would have to notify [member="Xenia Nastassia"] of the status of her request.

"Hello Miss. Nastassia, I have contacted you to notify you and your company that as Viceroy of the Military and Corperate sectors, I will be authorizing our finachal department to finance your creation of the Dirctor Guard, along with complement units for other delegates that will require their protection, I wish to thank you for your loyalty and support to the Conglomerate and its allies, I wish you a good rest of your day."

He sent the Halo-Recording to the Chairwomen, the cost would disrupt Jasters finachal plans, but as the old saying went, 'Gata spend money to make money.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom