Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet Virginia [Nok]

Fiolette Fortan

F
[member="Nok-Krah-Nin"]

If, Fiolette had had any reservations about working with this particular mercenary they were long gone. She could hardly manage to give an opinion without meeting him firstly, secondly. The former grand admiral was in no position to say otherwise. Especially given her current collection of business partners, and so she waited at Zoronhed's main spaceport for the lone merc. Behind her, a pair of Pathfinders who had given her the lead to begin with. Fiolette stood in a simple blaster vest that hung over her long sleeve dark green shirt, matched only by dark green combat pants and black boots.

An F-11D fit snug at the small of her back, her CSM-10 pistol in its holster, her blonde hair was pulled back and she was looking at her chrono for the moment. This expedition was to take a few days and the result of it was the hope of finding a suitable location to either break ground on a new base or to restore one. Pathfinders whispered of a place but had no real hard location just a general idea of where it could be. Wherever this magical Skyhold may be, Fiolette didn't care. What she cared about was giving the Coalition, a stand-your-ground odds should either the Galactic Empire or First Order come knocking.

For the time being she was on a no-radio communication. Which admittedly was perhaps harder for her than say, Petrovsky. "I think he's here," one of the two Pathfinders, Evalia Benker whispered. Fiolette turned her head and spotted the merc. She gave a smile and tried her best to keep her Ssi-Ruuvi flashbacks at bay, all the while making a mental note that she was not the Imperial prude that she had thought herself to be.

Zonju V was not a planet Nok would normally have intended to visit. Harsh desert climate combined with next to nothing to do aside from roasting in the heat meant the merc would've normally stayed away. Today, however, that wasn't the case. Today he'd been called to the planet for work. Seemed like the ORC was intending to set up a base on this dustball, and the expedition to find a location for it needed some extra help. Given the planet's reputation for its inhabitants being just as inhospitable as it's climate, the Tiss'shar didn't exactly blame them for wanting some security.

Landing his freighter at one of the starport's pads, Nok retrieved his rifle, pistol, and other gear from his onboard armory, securing each item to his armor before heading down the ramp and into the port proper. It took a moment of looking around from the base of his ship's ramp, but Nok managed to spot his contact and approached her with what passed as a smile for him on his face. Reaching Fiolette, he extended a clawed hand in greeting, giving her a curt nod.

"Miss Yvarro, pleased to meet you. I'm Nok-Krah-Nin, or simply Nok if you prefer. Are we ready to head out?"

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
She was a lot of things, rude was not one of them, not today anyway. "A pleasure," she said with about as much of a smile as she could muster under the circumstances."Nok it is then and yes, yes I am the sooner we do this the better." Fiolette didn't like being out in the open but she supposed this would have to do, setting a small little holographic chip on her belt it changed the image of her shirt to something more desert-like. "At least I'll blend in with the sand before I let myself keel over." A bit of self-depreciating humor, "so I heard there was something of a hollow base already outside of Zoronhed..."

Evalia stepped forward and spoke, "it's down this way I believe but I couldn't be sure if that's what I saw or if the heat was messing with me."

Oh well, that gave Fiolette all the confidence. "Brilliant."

"Either that or it was a mountain and either way it should work for a base." Evalia returned and sighed as she showed [member="Nok-Krah-Nin"] the holo of her map and where she had marked the location out, "Pathfinder Evalia Benker and that over there is my partner Sarun Marishikna. We're pretty familiar with Zonju V already."

And when they find my corpse the ledger of my death shall read; between a rock and a hard place she found peace with the ever brilliant Pathfinders.

A bout of hiss-filled laughter escaped the Tiss'shar's lips as Fiolette spoke, laughter that devolved into a bit of snickering at the banter between Fiolette and the Pathfinder. When Evalia introduced herself and her partner, Nok silenced himself and gave her a respectful nod.

"Nice to meet you, Evalia. I've heard about the Pathfinders, should be interesting to see what you're capable of in the field. Now lets get going, day isn't getting any longer and I'd rather not get caught in the open at night."

Turning, Nok began to make his way towards the starport's exit, his tail gently swishing side-to-side as the excitement of heading out on a mission filled him. Looking over his shoulder, Nok tilted his head to the side inquisitively as he looked at Fiolette."Why are we setting up a full blown base on this dustball anyways? Don't get me wrong, the ORC having a more permanent presence here makes complete sense, but why expend resources to build an entire compound on a planet where basic necessities are hard to come by?"

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Because basic necessities are hard to come by," Fiolette answered and Evalia just stopped, "there's a joint project happening. This place will be somewhere, where people can get foodstuffs, water, medical attention. Not just a military base, it's a civilian one as well." And [member="Nok-Krah-Nin"] was right they didn't wanna be caught out in the open at night. Zonju V was not the most friendly of places during the day let alone at night. The group headed out with two pathfinders, an admiral and a Tiss'shar. For her part the admiral only smiled as she kept a simple reminder that he was not a mindless Ssi-Ruuvi and so they tread forward leaving Zoronhed behind them and the dustball before them.

"There was no way we could make a full blow military base without the civilian part, people need stability," she added and looked over at Evalia and then Sarun.

The two pathfinders didn't say much except, "thank you Nok, can I call you Nok?" Evalia asked just to clarify, "we're looking at a few clicks this way, pretty sure there's gonna be plenty of nasties to clear out, hope you're up for it."

Nok gave a thoughtful smile as Fiolette gave her response. The more he interacted with the people of the ORC, the more he grew to like and respect the way they did things. Many folks out in the Rim were a tough and gritty sort, really only looking out for themselves and not giving a second thought about others unless paid to. It was incredibly refreshing to find so many of those same sort of people working together for the good of others.

"That's actually a pretty damn good idea. Certainly going to improve the ORC's rep around here.."

When Evalia spoke up, Nok gave a simple nod in response to her first question, then let out an amused hiss when she asked her second. Patting his rifle, which was currently attached to the front of his armor by a tactical sling, he gave the Pathfinder a very enthusiastic and predatory grin.

"Oh, I'm always ready for that sort of thing.

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Good," Evalia acknowledged.

A click out and Fiolette already recalled why she chose the Navy over the Army. "I should hope so, Nok." She responded with her hand over her eyes shielding them from the blinding sun, "and now I recall why it was I chose the Navy over the Army."

Evalia chuckled.

"Yes, yes the prissy Galidraan noble who couldn't stand the heat," although an engine room could be quite as chaotic as any desert, jungle or tundra she imagined. "I am so glad to be of service." The former grand admiral's sardonic tone didn't go unnoticed by the other pathfinder. Zonju V wasn't kind outside of Zoronhed, but this was to be expected and as they followed the trail she noticed something over the horizon. "Right then, about those nasties."

"Party time," Sarun who if one could see beyond the cover of his helmet was grinning with delight, "come to papa."

Fiolette rolled her eyes, then crouched and looked down her sights, "ready when you are, Nok."

[member="Nok-Krah-Nin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom