Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet the Parents

K R O V A R
Ungoth Valley

Last time I had gone somewhere for more personal business, I kind of left everyone out on the loop. I made a few people mad at me for making some decisions of mine. However, I made up for it. The House of the Rising Sun drifted down to the surface of the planet. Sahna currently sitting in the co-pilot seat. Lucem was hovering right in between us with his little white body and his blue eye. Still, he continued to ask questions of various things, for various reasons.

"So why is the Togruta with us?"
"Her name is Sahna, and she is coming to visit my family."
"Why would she want to come? You are annoying enough as is."
"She asked, I obliged."
"Why do you need to see your family anyways? Didn't you leave them?"
"I did, but I promised to return. And I need to speak to my mother about my birth father."
"We already know you want to go after Nickolas."
"Nick is not my true father. Morna Imura is."
"So how did-"
"If you listened to me the first time, we wouldn't be talking, and I need to land this ship so stop sending your frequencies in the air."

There was some electrical sound that could only be explained as a distaste for my desire for this thing to shut up already. Sahna was next to me. Looking over to her, I mouthed "Sorry" for the shards actions. Shaking my head, I brought the ship down to land. For the first time in quite a while, I was wearing robes. Coming back with my normal attire may not change the minds of the Fire Clan. Plus, I wanted to show that I had matured much since they had last seen me.

Luckily, Caleo and Kinta would be there. Ever since my mother got sick, they had left to take care of her and tend to her needs. Caleo was also helping with running the clan in my absence. Landing the vessel down, I looked over to the woman who I was... for a lack of better words, Falling with, and simply asked a question.

"Ready?"

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Ignis was wearing robes.

I couldn't believe it. He looked really good in them, even after I'd stopped openly gawking, I had stolen several glances at him, as subtly as I could. I was grateful to the young Imura for obliging with my request and letting me come with him. I knew a lot was riding on this visit back to his home, to his family. On the one hand, I was excited to see a glimpse into the world that had crafted him. In a way, Kro Var was as much a part of Ignis as any of his other traits, I wanted to see it, perhaps to deepen my understanding of him. On the other hand, he was going here to make an impression, and I wanted to support him as best I could.

I was sitting in the co-pilot seat, my gaze torn from Ignis to the view of Kro Var as we descended towards the planet. Between us hovered the little one I'd come to know as "Lucem". His barrage of questions hadn't let up at all, however, Ignis patiently answered each of them.

I let out a soft chuckle as he mouthed sorry to me. With soft shrug, I simply smiled in reply, letting him know it didn't bother me in the slightest. After a little while longer, the craft landed, and Ignis again turned to me, asking this time if I was ready. I slowly drew in a deep breath, taking a moment to slow my pounding heart and stifle the butterflies in my stomach. I let it out in as subtle a sigh as I could, but it did little to calm my nerves. After a moment's thought, I reached out through the force to Ignis, even though he was right in front of me, I figured feeling his presence through the force would help a little.

"As I'll ever be." Came my slightly shaky reply.

I pulled myself up from the co-pilot seat, leaning in towards Lucem as I passed him,

"You'll watch the ship for us, won't you?" I asked, turning to Ignis "unless... he's coming with us?"

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Sahna's smile and acceptance of my mouthed apology was followed with a shrug. She didn't seem to mind. While I knew Lucem could get on my nerves, it didn't seem to be affecting her the same way. I rolled my eyes as she began to ask lucem about if he was going to be watching the ship. I smiled and shook my head. About to answer her when Lucem piped up himself.

"I am not a watcher of ships lass. I follow dumbass over here and act as an information hub for him. Other times, just as a second set of eyes."
"Where we will be landing the ship, there will be no reason for someone to watch the ship. In fact, its likely safer if no one was watching it."

I had spoken up about the landing of the ship. While she didn't know about the huge place that was the Fire Tribes underground system, I did know of it, and while she would never be able to speak of such a place to anyone, ever, I trusted her for her to hold that information. Bringing us down towards the Ungoth valley, there was still an active volcano in the center. One that as I pressed a few buttons on the dash, opened up a huge hole in the side of the volcano. What would be considered blast doors, opened up to a rather large hangar bay. There were only two for the facility large enough for this vessel. Other ships would land and be slowly brought through at the base of the volcano.

Bringing the ship slowly into the large opening, We were barely small enough to fit. As I began to power down the ship, the landing gears hit the ground with a thud as the engines shut down. The bay doors closed behind us with a loud bang as the flood lights activated. Standing up in the cockpit, I held out out a hand to Sahna to indicate for her to get out of the seat, as well as to follow with me.

Walking her towards the ramp of the ship, It was opening as one man slid in through the crack of the opening upon the side. He held a device in his hands that would be for me. Handing it to me, I pressed my hand upon the surface. It then spoke up.

"Welcome Ignatius Imura."
"Woah? You are Ignis?"
"Yes. make sure that she is fueled up, and that no one else enters the ship."
"Yes Demon Prince."
"Don't call me that."

The man simply smiled as I told him not to call me that. He knew that would garner a reaction from me. However, his smile faded as I didn't do anything else. He was attempting to egg me into a fight. Walking down the finished ramp, I led Sahna along and shook my head while looking at her. An indication to not ask about it at the moment. However, before she could really respond with anything, I heard my name yelled out from across the distance of the hangar bay.

"Ignis!"

Turning to see my sister Caleo, she walked over with a bright smile upon her face. Walking over to give me a hug, she then looked Sahna up and down. Getting an idea of her. Before she could speak with any kind of sarcastic remark about "father" not liking the girl I brought home, I spoke.

"Sahna, this is Caleo, my step-sister."
"When did I become step?"
"I have found information that named me as the only son of Morna. I will explain more when we talk to mother, and the rest of the Fire Clan."
"You won't like this..."
"Don't tell me..."
"Yes. They are already attempting to remove Lexa and myself. So unless you can do something..."
"Chit. I thought it would be later."

A shaking of her head was my only response. Turning to Sahna, I explained.

"My family is the head of the Fire Clan. However, we have had enemies try to usurp our power before. They haven't done it when Nick was in power. However, since he has gone missing, They are trying to do it again. I guess we will be here longer than expected, and for more than you meeting the family."

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

The little droid answered me, calling Ignis a dumbass and mentioning that he was meant to help him. I chuckled, biting back a response of my own as I smirked at him, raising an eyebrow as he mentioned that it would be safer to leave the ship empty. As I turned to watch through the cockpit, I saw why.

The first thing I saw was the active volcano, magma glowing and bubbling within. My heart skipped a beat as we seemed to be heading directly towards it. However, as I watched on in silent awe, the volcano revealed huge mechanical jaws that yawn open, leaving a safe opening for us to land. I was still hushed with surprise as the ship shuddered to a halt and Ignis held out a hand to me. Turning to him, I smothered my look of pure wonder and pulled myself out of my seat, following him down the ramp of the ship.

This was Ignis’s territory. It was his family we were greeting, his clan, his reputation likely at stake. All at once all that shyness I’d been overcoming on Aurum seemed to come rushing back and as a man approached us, holding out a device he handed to Ignis. Ignis himself seemed wholly unimpressed with the man’s recognition of him. I didn’t know all that much about his family or station amongst the clan here, but it was apparently high enough that he had earned the title ‘Prince’.

I met his eyes as he shook his head at me, indicating that he didn’t want me to ask about it right now. I held onto his arm with one hand and gave it a soft squeeze, speaking directly to him through the force as I kept my head down,

Don’t worry, I—

Before I could send anything more, we heard his name proclaimed from the across the hangar. We both spun around to see a beautiful young woman about Ignis’s age walking towards us. She gave Ignis a hug as I stepped quietly to one side to give them room. I was the visitor here, after all. Everyone else in this place likely had known him longer than me. As ever, my head was tilted down, although I watched her with an uncomfortable pang of envy. Apart from those killer curves, she had long, silky black hair that seemed to suit her perfectly. I moved one hand to stroke my montrals, partially out of a sense of inadequacy, partly out of nervous habit.

Ignis spoke, introducing the woman as his step-sister. She seemed confused, until he explained what he’d learned about his father and uncle. The woman called ‘Caleo’ seemed to have some news of her own. I was relieved as Ignis turned to explain to me what was going on. I listened, before nodding at Caleo,

“It’s a pleasure to meet you,” I said quietly, studying her much more subtly than she’d studied me.

I then addressed both of them together,

“If there’s anything I can do, just say so.”

My gaze lingered on Ignis for just a few moments as I spoke before I dropped my gaze again. I wanted to make sure he knew that I was sincere, that if there was anything I could offer, that he need only ask. My thoughts drifted to Shaak Ti’s lightsaber, now mine, clipped to the belt of my robes beneath my outer cloak. I hoped against hope that I wouldn’t need it, but nevertheless, I was glad it was there.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

"I am surprised Ignis brought you. Not many will look upon you with an apathetic eye."
"She is who I have chosen. We will deal with that later. And thank you Sahna. However, I do not think it would be wise for you to interject into anything at the moment. To be in any form of politics here, you need to have a name recognized by the Clan."

I reached down and grabbed her hand. Squeezing it a bit to let her know that it was alright. While my sister may have a blunt outlook upon life, and in general, she held me in her heart. She was looking out for our family, and with my own attempts to keep our family clean from the Sins of my surrogate father, She too, was attempting to do the same. Turning around, She started to walk inwards to the mountain. Leading through passageways that were lit by various torches that were always active and never seemed to burn out. Quickly during this time, I gave her a rundown of what was going on.

"Each clan has various families. These families are all, for the lack of a better word, Royalty. Each family has a right to the Throne of Flame. In the past, it was decided by combat for who was right to lead the clan. And at any time, they could be challenged by anyone of other Families. However, outright murder was not allowed. They have to be challenged. However now, It is done by vote, and should there be a tie, or indecisive conclusion, Those who are going to become one of the leaders will seek out to perform a task or Rite of passage. Whoever completes their challenge, and then voted on again, will become the rightful leader. Only once since this process did we have to go back to a fight, and in that case, it is until the opponent yields, or perishes."

Caleo then decided to chime in.

"There have been no official female leaders of the clan. However, the mate of the residing leader has just as much say as he does. In past cases, the mate will aid the leader-to-be in his trials. However, in combat, the mate is not allowed to interfere unless to preserve the life of the man should she consider a fatal blow be dealt. This is to prevent unnecessary deaths."

Nodding my thanks to her, I then went on to explain further on what was happening currently. As well as why it seemed like our visit was going to be lasting well longer than she may have thought.

"Nickolas is currently missing. As I have been hunting him down, he gone into hiding it seems. Since he was the residing leader, and he has not been here, many are wanting to challenge him to the claim, and wait for the Celestials to claim his forfeit, and thus have a right to the throne. And added, Celestials are essentially our Family heads that formed into a council. They do most of the day to day tasks for the clan. The Leader, whatever title he claims, is also at this table, and mostly takes care of Higher priority Clan problems."

Looking over to Caleo, the questionable face she gave me was wanting so badly to know if I was really going to push for this. If I was up for this kind of challenge. I simply nodded my head. We both knew well before hand that this may end up unlike normal turnovers. While there has been no turnovers in my life time, Nickolas had stated in the past that they normally took a couple days and were scheduled ahead of time. Now, it is spur of the moment.

"I will hate to say this, but Sahna, I will be participating in this. To clear my surrogate fathers name, my families name, and keep our control over the clan, I am not related to Nickolas by Blood, and thus not terminated from the challenge. Learning that I am the son of another man, only means that I will have a chance to become the Clan Leader."

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Caleo spoke to me, saying that she was surprised Ignis had brought me. I honestly wasn’t sure if this was some sort of warning on her part or merely a passing observation. Before I could think too much about it, however, Ignis replied, iterating that he had chosen me, and that it would be wise to leave the politics to them for now.

Not a problem.

I let out a tiny sigh of relief, feeling the reassurance from him as he squeezed my hand. Subtly returning the gesture, I stood next to him as Caleo turned away from us and began towards the mountain. As we walked, Ignis gave me the rundown of how things around here worked, his sister—half-sister—chiming in. It was not like any system of government I’d heard about, but it sounded as if it had worked for them for a long time, who was I to come in and judge it? At the mention of combat, my heart skipped a beat and my hand around Ignis’s tightened a little. Yes, I was here to support him in whatever he had to do, and support him I would. But I still quietly hoped it wouldn’t come to that.

I kept quiet as Ignis continued, mentioning why there was likely unrest due to his uncle’s actions. My breaths quickened a little, as if sensing what was coming. He and Caleo shared a glance and he nodded. I knew what it meant before he spoke, explaining that he would be participating. Even though I’d been expecting this, a tiny sharp gasp escaped my lips when he said so.

After a moment to gather my thoughts, I drew in a long, deep breath.

“I understand, Ignis.” I replied quietly, “just show me where I’m expected to go, what I’m meant to do… and…”

I trailed off. I was going to say please try not to get yourself killed. But honestly, what kind of sentiment was that? Of course he would try not to get himself killed. I wasn’t about to say something so demeaning,

“… and make the Imuras proud.” I finished.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

"Good luck with that."
"She doesn't know the whole story. Caleo, just shut it. Sahna is allowed here just as much as you are."
"Not yet."
"You know I will change that."
"Yes."
"So do as I have asked please."
"Fine."

At Sahna's words of making the Imura's proud as well as doing all she could, Caleo and I both knew that her usage would be limited. Even at the table tonight, Sahna would be unable to really do anything. While that could change very easily, I kind of doubted it. Either way, Our continued walking deeper into these chambers brought us to a large room. Looking to Sahna, I expressed myself.

"Thank you for your support. I knew you would be here."

Looking around the familiar place, it still felt off. The large table. The leader or head would sit at the very end. And all of the Celestials would be down the length of the table. Looking around, Caleo then walked off. Likely to tell Lexa and Kinta that I was here. As well as Sahna. While I didn't care for that, I moved down the length of the table. Resting my hand just above the leaders chair, I pulled my hand back.

I didn't want this power. I didn't want this responsibility. I hated the idea of having to take the throne from my surrogate father. I just wanted to return to the Je'daii and train some more. Or spend time with Sahna somewhere else. or even go relic hunting. I would rather face Sithspawn than take this position of power. I feared what I would do, and what I would fail to do. Looking at my hand, I clenched my fist. Just standing there.

I needed to be better than Nick. That was the only thing I had to do. But more so, I needed to fill the shoes that had been left by Morna. My father. He trusted this to me. He wanted me to become better. While he did state that he was proud of the man I had become, we both knew that I still had much a ways to go.

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Divider.png

Caleo didn’t seem to have much faith in me.

She and Ignis had a little back and forth as I stood to the side, waiting quietly. My cheeks burned. He was right, I didn’t know the full story. The woman seemed reluctant to co-operate, something that made me feel as if I was a burden; an unwanted child here as an inconvenience and little more. I pursed my lips, vowing to listen intently to everything that went on and make myself as quiet and useful as possible.

As we entered something of a large room, Ignis turned to me, thanking me for being here. I returned to him a soft, apologetic smile.

Always. I replied silently through the force, giving his hand a soft squeeze.

I turned to watch as Caleo left, saying nothing as she sauntered out of the room. Ignis then once again drew my attention back to him. He seemed… ill at ease. Something was weighing heavily upon his shoulders so much I could almost see it pressing down on him. He walked down the length of the table as I stood alone, observing him. He rested his hand upon the chair at the head of the table before retracting it.

I could feel something swelling in my chest. A heavy crown was to be placed upon his troubled brow. As I watched, I felt a sense of longing; longing to leave all this behind and return to the Je’daii, forget about it all and enjoy the simple pleasures of Aurum. It took me a few moments to realise that it was not my own longing I was feeling, but Ignis’s. Now that we had trained together a little, I was beginning to get a handle on the empathy for which I apparently had an affinity.

His hand curled into a fist, and I felt my own at my side do the same.

Forcing my own hand to relax, I closed my eyes. If there were any words that could have been said to comfort him, I didn’t know them. However, I closed my eyes for a moment and reached out through the force. Seeking his force signature, my intention was to simply send a feeling of comfort, something like a soothing embrace from a parent or lover… just to let him know that while I couldn’t remove this burden of his, I could stand beside him and help him carry it.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

I could feel the burden lift off of my shoulders ever so slightly. I let my hand relax as I turned around to see Sahna with her eye's closed. I smiled, but just barely as the woman was more than willing to aid me. Even if it was this. However, the smile faded. I looked down again. I always felt responsible for the problems presented to me. It was as though I felt like I had to do all of this on my own. While I knew Sahna was there to help me, I didn't ask that of her. I felt like I was just using her. Taking a step forward, I spoke soft and clear. Letting everything known right now. this was the first, and only warning for her.

"I am going to be claiming this throne. I will become the ruler of a nation, and possibly more. My status within the Sith Empire means I have much to uphold, and my stature within the Je'daii is growing every day it seems. You have given me support, love, and aid in every step you have taken. I thank you, and owe you much for that. However, I will not ask it of you. Ever. If you choose to follow me, to be at my side, it will not be easy. It will not be quick. There will be trials and challenges before us that will press harder than before. If you do not want that, I understand, and will not fault you for it. This is your last chance to back out. I won't think any less of you."

I could feel the pit growing within my chest and stomach. The painful feeling of guilt and sorrow as it hit me. I didn't want Sahna to be forced into this. Nor did I want her to feel like she had to do this for me, or with me. Taking a step closer to her, I pressed my forehead against her own. My hands softly holding her arms. I breathed in slowly. Hating whatever response may come from her. The task of being by my side will not be an easy one, or the choice of leaving. Both would hurt me, and both I would accept without hate, or ill will towards her, or anyone in her position.

After her response, I heard the door behind us open. In walked Caleo. Walking beside her with the familiar Zabrak of Kinta. Her face was smiling for the first time I had ever seen her. Behind them, walked in my mother, Lexa. Her frame much older than I remember. Her body was slightly frail, and her skin slowly getting pale through a lack of sunlight. I smiled and raised my head to them. Closing the distance. I grabbed both of my mothers outstretched hands and kissed them. A sad smile on my face.

"It has been forever."
"Yes it has. I hear you learned the truth then?"
"Indeed."
"Then I will have you know, you look almost exactly like Morna in his younger years."
"Thank you. Are the rest of the council coming?"
"Shortly. They are being gathered. Speaking of gathering, it seems you have gotten yourself quite the brothel."
"Mother!"
"Oh hush you child. I know that Sahna here is not a slag. Nor is your sister or Kinta. It just seems like most of your friends are female."

She smiled brightly before walking away from me with a dumbfounded look upon my face. Caleo brightly looking to me like she had won in an argument. I knew that look all too well from our childhood. Kinta came over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. Letting me know she had my back. However, Lexa took this time to move over to Sahna. Eyeing her up and down then smiling towards her. Grabbing her hands and speaking in her normal soft tone.

"I assume you are the woman who I should thank for keeping Ignatius alive thus far? Pah. Like that would be difficult with how childish he can be sometimes. And please don't tell me that he used the line of being a Prince of Kro Var as a way to earn your hand?"

[member="Sahna Te"]

Valgærd

Ignis stepped towards me, I sensed the weight of his words before he spoke. He was going to take the throne. He had status here; power, family, responsibility, now it called him back. This was my out. I knew that no matter what I said, my answer would add to the weight upon him. This was the only time the door would be opened, and I allowed to walk through it. If I chose to stay, it was for the long haul. If I said I was going to stand by him, I would be accepting the yoke alongside him.

I drew in a deep breath. I didn’t want to rush into my answer. I wanted to make sure that it would be real, sincere, and not simply me saying something spur of the moment to fill the silence.

After a few moments, I reached out and took one of his hands in mine. Without being entirely sure what drove me, I moved his hand to my chest, pressing it against my sternum where he’d be able to feel my heart beating as I spoke,

“Ignis Imura.” I began, “This belongs to you. From the moment I first saw you, in the city that day with Asha and her tea, when the city was still being built, it has been yours. Even if it wasn’t, I can think of nowhere I’d rather be than by your side. Whatever I have, I give to you, because I know you will use it and turn it into something amazing. Yes, I’m a little unsettled, fearful even. But I am not backing out. I’m with you, to see this through.”

As I finished speaking, I released his hand, right as the door behind us opened. I turned to see Caleo and the Zabrak Kinta. My heart fluttered just a little, why did Ignis have to surround himself with such beautiful women?

I stepped aside as Ignis stepped out to embrace the slightly older woman behind them. The tell-tale signs of a life long-lived marred her face, but she moved with grace and elegance. I liked to imagine that if my mother had lived, she would have similar grace and dignity.

They spoke, his mother’s comment about the gathering brothel drawing a surprised gasp from my lips, followed by a snicker and a blush. Otherwise I kept quiet until the woman turned to me. While her gaze studied me, I kept my own respectfully lowered, allowing her to take my hands as she spoke. I returned a warm smile as I replied, flicking Ignis the tiniest of smirks as I opened my mouth to speak.

“A prince?” I repeated, shaking my head, “No, I had no idea. He won me over the usual way; sarcasm, quick wit, and generally being insufferable.”

[member="Ignis Imura"]

I was dumbfounded when my own mother seemed to be making fun of me, and taking jabs at me with my... girlfriend? Not sure to call her that. However, I just stood there. Letting it happen. Just deciding to fold my arms, I smiled. Thinking back onto what Sahna had said before we were interrupted by my family, I could only feel my heart flutter, but also want to stop at the same time. Her words were heartwarming, but also pierced me. She knew my skills and talents, and trusted me with so much of her life, and what she could do as well. I am not sure how I garnered this trust from her in the short time we had been together, but I felt good to know that she would be staying with me.

As Sahna then began to return my mother's snide comments and picking at me, with her own, I stepped forward.

"Apparently I get it from Morna. Seems like you and my mother have a lot in common."

I then acted suprised and rubbed my chin as though there were a beard. Facing my mother and then deciding to go into one of her stories.

"Oh if I recall, your first date with Morna was on Mustafar, and you two went skinny dipping into the lakes of magma?"

My face brightened into a smile as my mother then sent a scowl my way. Retorting back at me with a distaste.

"Your father had such whiles upon me. What do you expect a woman to do with a man who was literally and figuratively hot?"
"Lexa, I don't want to think of my uncle in that kind of light."
"Nor would I."
"Oh please tell us Mother. I think everyone should know how you and Morna had your snuggle sessions on Hoth and he would use one liners to cuddle up with you."
"How did you?!"
"I spoke to Morna."
"Damn Morna and his Ghost blood ties."
"Now, shall we get to the matter at hand, or continue to talk about the sexual deviations of you and Morna?"
"Call in the Celestials."

Kinta and Caleo quickly turned around and left the large room as soon as mother gave the command to grab them. Turning to Sahna, I smiled and held my head high. I ended up on the top of this argument. While these women I knew would never admit that I had won, we all knew I did. Still, I moved over towards the head of the table. I sat on the right side of the throne seat. Lexa moved after me and sat down in said seat. Looking over to Sahna, I motioned for her to sit on my right. It would be allowed since I knew Lexa would be bringing her up in this. Caleo then came in a few moments later and then came to sit on the left side of my mother. All the others then started to file in.

Every one of them gave a curious look to Sahna. Ever member here was human. While there were various shades of skin tones, they were near-human. They judged her silently. I saw this. I would not allow it. Standing up from my seat, I saw a few faces turn into smiles, and a couple become scowls. I held my own Pazzak face. Moving to stand behind Sahna and motioned for them to sit.

I was clearly taking the room's control from here on out.

"Sit, and we will discuss the challenges against Nickolas. Speak of anything else, and these talks will not be warm to your hearts."

My voice almost seemed to deepen with the threat I made towards them. Considering I was the Surrogate son of the Demon Prince, and nearly a master of various force abilities, they knew well that I was powerful enough to follow through with the words. Placing a hand on Sahna's shoulder, I was claiming her as mine. A sign that she was with me, and she was more than welcome at the table. I also saw others who joined us. My age, or even younger. these were likely the challengers to the throne. They too, had their mates with them. Hence why the table was filling up very fast.

I won't lie, some of the men look daunting. Their size and stature was well over mine. Sure, most of the fire clan stood a little over the average height of most humans. However, when some of them looked more like a mountain of flesh, than just a toned individual, one had to think what their mother was feeding them. Once everyone was in, Kinta closed the doors and stood next to them. Lexa then stood up,

"Let the Council of the Demon Prince speak."

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

I caught Ignis’s eye as his mother and I spoke.

He was clearly ruffled by his mother’s taunts. But there was something in his eye, a warmth almost. I smiled at him, a tiny gesture as I shared this in this family moment with him. There was just a hint of a smirk, letting him know that I highly approved of his mother’s ability to ruffle his feathers.

“Then you’re in good hands then, aren’t you?” I asked him in response.

It was a playful response to being compared to his mother, but I meant it. The woman was elegant, graceful, dignified, but she was able to wrangle her son with seemingly no effort. I admired that. I watched the back and forth between the family, barely trying to smother the chuckles that erupted from my lips.

I stepped aside, allowing the women of the Imura family to take their seats. My heart began to pound in my chest. The Celestials? Why did they have to sound like some divine council? My smile faded as Ignis moved to one of the chairs, motioning for me to sit on his right. This was where my words to him became action. This was where I proved myself.

I slid into the seat, sitting with my back straight and my chin tucked in, eyes downcast. Others soon began to enter the room. They were… all near human. My cheeks burned and I pursed my lips, hyper-aware of my montrals and horns. I looked different. I was different. But even as I felt their gazes on me, I stole a sideways glance at Ignis before he moved out of my peripheral vision. This was what I agreed to do. I drew in a deep breath, closing my eyes for a moment.

Let them stare. I wasn’t here for them. I was here for Ignis.

As if feeling my determination, Ignis placed a hand on my shoulder. All at once I felt the stares melt away. He was the only thing that mattered. I kept my gaze low, I had the least claim to this seat, after all, but my hand moved to lay overtop of his.

Kinta closed the doors, and Ignis’s mother stood, opening the floor for the council to speak. As she did, my heart fluttered in my chest.

So, it begins.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

I held my hand upon Sahna's shoulder as everyone then sat down. While my mother stood up, she started the proceedings. I continued to stand because I was going to speak secondly. Revealing much to the group. My mother looked down the length of the table and finally resting her eyes upon me. I simply nod my head once to indicate what my intentions were. For that, She decided to speak slightly differently than normal.

"It has been brought to my attention of the challenges. Nickolas is missing, and has not answered any of your challenges. Thus, the throne would be abdicated to all of the challengers. Nick's children are not viable to be challengers, and thus Damien Imura, the son of Nickolas is not here."
"Isn't Ignis also disqualified?"
"Ignis, you may speak."

Turning to my mother to thank her for not speaking on my behalf, I let go of Sahna. Using the same hand to pull out a holocron. One that belonged to Morna Imura. Moving it to the center of the table, I placed it down and barely let go when the image of my father flashed to life. The man had a stubble of a beard from his age before passing, yet, we looked almost alike in many ways. I was clearly the spitting image of him. I then spoke to the young man who was clearly one of the challengers. Ventus last I recall.

"I grew up in the household of Nickolas Imura. Every one of you has used the term, Demon-son to deligate me as the fruit of his loins. This holocron, states otherwise."

Waving my hand, the image fluttered from Morna. Shrinking him down into a tree. One that was representing of our entire family tree. However, it only zoomed out for the two generations that were necessary. Directly below Nickolas and Lexa, was my name. While no image had been entered as I have not tampered with it, Many voices spring up all at once.

"LIAR!"
"How is this possible?"
"But Morna is dead."
"You have decieved us!"
"Where did you get this?

"SILENCE!"

The sudden calling of my voice breaking over the top of every other voice in the room sent it into a deafening silence. Looking around, I then picked up the holocron and pressed it into the hands of the man nearest me. It so happened to be the same man. Ventus. His eyes widened as he could feel it. The power, the signature of the force. Turning around with the holocron still in his hands, he slowly stood up.

"I sense no tampering with this. The artifact was created by Morna. Its... completely clear."

Ventus' mate reached over and touched the relic. Feeling it herself, she gasped and pulled her hand away as though she had burned herself upon a flame. Ventus then looked at me and indicated for him to pass it around. And so it was. As it was doing this, I looked over to my mother. She nodded to me and then reached into her own robes. Speaking up.

"Should you question the relation to Morna, We do have a test ready to provide you."

Pulling out a longhandled lightsaber, she presented it to me. Indicating for me to take it. With the force, I drew it from her hand into mine. Holding it. At first it may not seem like anything, but this was the real test. The real determining factor of the ability to use this weapon. Breathing in, I thumbed the lightsaber switch. The familiar snap of the volatile orange bladed lightsaber came to life.

"That, Celestials, is the Magmasaber. The weapon that was attuned only to Morna, and those directly related to him. Even Nick could not use the weapon. Ignatius, is the son of Morna Imura. Thus, he is not disqualified from the challengers tournament. He has no relation to Nick, other than Uncle."

Holding the lightsaber in my hand, I felt energy coursing through my veins. I could feel a burden lifted from my chest, while also slamming back down upon me seconds later. It was a feeling unlike any other. Twirling the lightsaber by my side for a moment, I then turned the weapon off. Holding it firmly in my hand, I looked over to see Ventus passing me back the Holocron I had handed out.

"I, Ignatius Nathaniel Morna Imura submit my name as the last challenger of Nickolas Imura of his abdication of the Throne. I, Ignatius, choose Sahna Te as my mate for these challenges, and to be by my side should I complete them."

Turning to the woman who I was falling for, turning to the one person in this entire room I would trust with everything that I had, and was, I offered her my hand. I knew that she would be shy. I knew that she would be scared and nervous. However, I knew that this was the final straw for our connection. I gathered the force within my hand as I extended it to her. The force was flowing through me. and was attempting to bond with her. To create a connection between ourselves so that she could feel the resolve, the determination, the same strength that I felt. Our bond would only strengthen us.

I hadn't said it yet, I hadn't spoken the words of my people, or the three words that would mean everything to a relationship, but I could feel it. I wanted her to know that I felt this way for her, and to have her by my side as I took the throne from my uncle, to fight with me.

I loved her.

[member="Sahna Te"]

Valgærd

I stayed quiet as the council of Celestials began to speak. I kept my head down, my back straight, my chin into my chest and my hands clasped in my lap. All the while, my heart raced so powerful and so loud in my chest, I couldn’t help but wonder… could the others around me not it? It was pounding in my ears, threatening to drown out the squabbling as the Celestials barked at Ignis’s claim.

I drew in a deep, shuddering breath, as quietly and subtly as I could.

The talks went on, until finally the room as quiet as Ignis spoke. He declared his full name, his intention… and then… that he chose me as his mate. At the sound of my name, I turned to face him. All at once my heart renewed its battering against my ribs. My chest ached from the strain. Blood pounded in my ears.

I reached out with one hand to accept his offered gesture, my other hand moving to stroke my montrals nervously. I could feel my breaths as they dragged, ragged and broken, in and out of my throat.

Keeping my eyes on him for the moment, I rose to my feet. All at once I felt him reaching out through the force. His presence filled my mind, soothing the raging fear like water over a fire. I met his eyes, my own softening as I sought to send him a message through the force, through the connection he’d made,

Thank you, Ignis.

Then, squaring my jaw, I turned to face the council. I didn’t have any titles. I didn’t have a long, beautiful name to drape over the room as likely many of these men and women did. I didn’t have a history here, or a claim to anything other than the man beside me. My hand was still in his, and I gave it a squeeze as I drew in a breath to speak.

“I, Sahna Te, accept Ignis’s choice. Throughout these challenges and trials, I will stand by him. He has my unyielding support.”

I turned to face him, not entirely sure what was driving me. My voice, that had somehow miraculously managed to carry throughout the entire room, dropped a little. My eyes met his.

“… Because I love him.”

[member="Ignis Imura"]

My hand had been extended. Part of me doubted that Sahna would actually stay with me. To continue this tradition within my family. Yet, I remembered a saying my mother used to tell to me all the time when I felt down, and doubted myself as a child. "Doubt your doubts, before yourself." To never allow your mind to think you are less than able to do it. Half of the battle of any process you take part in, is in the mind alone. With that thought, I smiled as she accepted my offer in front of everyone. More over, she then said words that I would never forget. She loved me. I smiled brightly and squeezed her hand. She knew I felt the same way.

Lexa interrupted before I could return the words back to her.

"Very well. Ignis. You are the last contestant. And I will now begin the trials."
"He is your son. He is disqualified."
"Last I remember Odesisys, The Father's son was what was important. I cannot hold this position of power as I am female. Nickolas holds it. I only have the ability to speak before you because I am married to him, and thus have the same power as he. I matter not in these games. As such, I speak on behalf of Nick. Ignis is not Nick's son. He is the son of Morna."
"He is still related to you!"
"And you are related to your two brothers who are also challenging Nickolas' throne. You three could be working together for all we know."
"We-"
"Unless you can provide evidence that Ignis is falsifying his lineage, and also prove that you and your siblings have not in any shape or form colluded together against the throne this instant, then Ignis shall pass as one of the challengers."

I smiled brightly as my own mother seemed to have done rather well in politics. I looked over to the man who was attempting to end this. I just shook my head as this continued. Yet, the man fell silent as he could prove neither were false. For that, Lexa nodded her head once at him, then continued once more.

"Does anyone else have any problems with Ignis?"
"His choice of mate is not a human."
"Who delegated that a mate has to be human?"
"It is tradi-"
"Tradition yes. However, we used to have traditionally where everyone would fight to the death. And well well know who would win in that fight if we were to hold it here and now. We also had a tradition where the men had to clean themselves up and fight in the nude. Or for women to be nothing more than eye candy with no power whatsoever. So, Mate of Herritian, I suggest that we forego tradition of the past, and accept that the world and the galaxy will always be changing."
"You neglect to mention that you are part Zeltron. Or do you dye your hair purple? Should anyone have the right to call Sahna out for her species, it would not be you."

The woman's eyes widened up as I spoke. Realizing that I had found out her species. While most of us just chalked it up to her dying her hair, we all knew she was part zeltron. Now that I had voiced it, Many were finding a respect for me, and others found hate.

"Mother, I thank you for speaking up on my behalf, however, I am a challenger, and we cannot show biased towards anyone. I will defend myself, and Sahna should anyone feel it necessary to bring anything else up. Now, Is there any other problems about my challenge of my uncle's power?"

Silence fell across the room. Nodding my head, I looked over to my mother. She then nodded in kind.

"You trials are simple. You must find, create, fabricate, or engineer something for the aid of the people of Kro Var. There is a secondary task should you fail the first. Find one of the illusive creatures across the surface of Kro Var, and bring it to me alive. Dead creatures will disqualify you."

All of the heads around the table were nodding in acceptance of the trial. For that, I smiled. Knowing exactly what I would be looking for. I would not be creating something. I would find something. Lexa then waved her hand and then opened the doors to the room with the force.

"The trials begin tomorrow at the Sun's first rising. Begone."

[member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Even as the words left my mouth, I felt as if I might crumble.

This was everything I was not. I had always been private, quiet, tucked away, never one to draw attention to myself. And yet here I was, declaring the deepest and most desperate truth of my heart, baring myself completely, in front of strangers in whose presence I was unwelcome. Even as I stood, taking a shuddering breath, I felt everything beginning to crash back in on me.

Then I felt Ignis’s hand squeeze mine.

I looked into his eyes. He was smiling. In that moment, it seemed that my fears were instantly numbed. With the softest of sighs, I returned his smile, more grateful than he might ever know that he was here.

Our attention was drawn from one another to Lexa as she spoke, intending to begin the trials. Once again, opposition was raised. I squeezed Ignis’s hand back, gritting my teeth quietly. Already, arguments had been raised and put to rest. Yet, some at the table felt the need to grasp at whatever straws they could to keep the man at my side from these trials.

Lexa was a strong woman. It was easy to see where Ignis had inherited not only his stubbornness, but that undeniable fiery streak he had. I blushed deeply as my quite obvious status as an alien species was brought up to be used against him. But again, not only did Lexa turn her wicked tongue to my defence, Ignis himself spoke up as well. I couldn’t help but beam with pride. If this was the family of which I was to become part… I could think of no safer place.

Finally, the meeting was adjourned with a wave of the matriarch’s hand and the doors opened. I did my best to hide my sigh of relief, subtly tucking myself into Ignis’s side.

“Is it always like this?” I asked softly, keeping my voice a whisper.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom