Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet the Clan

Nolan walked alongside Satine and Bri, placing Mesh'la on his shoulder while holding her hands for balance. She bounced along, giggling.

His eyes widened at Satine's words. Had he heard correctly? Love? He slowed a spell. Keeping two paces back as he looked at the others. They'd found love in all this chaos. He never figured he would, and now he actually may have. He didn't say anything immediately, but a few breaths later he leaned in behind Satine, into her ear, "Kar'taylir darasuum, Satine."

[member="Satine D'ulin"][member="Briika Detta"][member="Ralize Tor"][member="Kad Tor"]

[member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Briika Detta"] [member="Ralize Tor"] [member="Kad Tor"]

She smiled and winked at him, and made the assumption that what he said was he loved her too. He was going to have to help her with the language, she knew enough to get by, but not enough to hold a converation like the others did.

Kad knew the tavern well. He used to live with [member="Briika Detta"] above it before they found a house to rent, the one Kad lived in now with his riduur, [member="Ralize Tor"]. The drinks were always good, and service more than excellent. A hearty amount of alcohol was consumed here, and was about to be. Kad did have to address Briika's question though.

"Our buire do not know yet, because I just found out too. I've had a hunch, but we heard it for the first time at the same time."

Kad held the door so everyone could get in, patting Ral on the back as she walked passed. His hand rest on her back as they walked to an open table and sat down. When the server came along he motioned for a round for everyone already forgetting Ralize couldn't drink.

[member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Satine D'ulin"]

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
"Well I won't spoil it for you, vod'ika, though I would like to be a fly on the wall when you do tell them," Briika said, flashing a knowing grin [member="Kad Tor"]'s way as he held the door for her. Her younger brother had turned out okay! And, his riduur was a keeper as well.

Everyone was seated, then the ordering of drinks begun. Bree just shook her head at how men were. [member="Ralize Tor"] was pregnant and she was still breastfeeding. "I'll have a cider instead of an ale, gedet'ye," the blonde medic smiled friendly-like to the waitress, who was new since she'd left the tavern, then glanced over to the others.

"Anyone else for something sweet rather than stout?"

Briika would have to feed Mesh'la soon, though as long as the little blondie was happy with her ba'vodu she wouldn't push it. Sometimes it was just plain nice to be free for a few moments of mommy obligations, especially since daddy wasn't around much these days.

[member="Satine D'ulin"] [member="Nolan Detta"]

Ralize Darkfeather

R
"Bri'ika, that's a wonderful idea..." Ralize smiled, perching between her riduur and her sister-in-law. She gave it a moment's thought and briefly fussed with her sweater. She had adored growing up with her brothers, but a sister was something she'd always wanted, so Briika was doubly special to the young woman who'd been surrounded by men for most of her life. Absently reaching over to squeeze Briika's hand, she nodded at the waitress. "...I'll have a cider as well."

Wonderful...she was wool-gathering and getting maudlin already, at barely a month along.

The polite thing to do in that moment would be to inquire about Satine's family, but she had trouble, for a short while, in making the words come out of her mouth. The grief was still too fresh for the question to come with ease, though it was tempered with the joy of Satine's presence in Nolan's life and the tiny lives she harbored within herself.

"Tell us about your family, Satine...and life on Emberlene...what's it like?" Ralize finally asked softly, head tilting to the side as she absently blew a curl out of her eyes.

~ [member="Satine D'ulin"] ~ [member="Briika Detta"] ~ [member="Kad Tor"] ~ [member="Nolan Detta"] ~​

"Right, my bad... I'll adjust," Kad said when both [member="Briika Detta"] and [member="Ralize Tor"] ordered cider instead of anything with alcohol in it.

This was going to be a learning curve for the youngest Tor. He had not ever been around babies much until Mesh'la came around. While he adored her, he was always intrigued at how he could see her as someone so fragile. That was not how a Mando'ad should think, but he did. The protective intstincts of a loving uncle he was certain.

"Well if Ral can't drink, then I won't either. Make mine a cider too."

He had to earn some good riduur points somehow.

"What are you having Nolan, Satine? I'm buying so drink up!"

[member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Satine D'ulin"]

Nolan sat with Mesh'la in his arms. He was playing with her when Kad asked for his order.

"I'll have an ale and for the little miss here", gesturing at the baby, "a glass of juice with a straw, make it a double."

He them looked to Satine for her order. Seeing how his family had taken so quickly to Satine, made it all the more apparent, he needed to make her one of them.

[member="Kad Tor"] [member="Ralize Tor"][member="Briika Detta"][member="Satine D'ulin"]

Satine was under no such dietary restrictions and she felt a cause for some celebration, "I will try the stout it is not often I have the opportunity to do so" She looked at Nolan as she turned to look at Ralize, Briika, and Kad.

She thought how to answer the question about home. "My family." Well there were no secrets, "My mother was killed when I was young, my Aunt raised me with my cousin Erela, you'd all like her she's very reserved quiet, and i think soon to be married. My other cousin Mya is currently pregnant and mated to an Admiral. I am very close to them both. I work very hard to make sure my clan is taken care of, negotiating weapons deals, and at times work." Satine smiled.

"It was work that actually brought Nolan and I together, some Hutt wanted us to compete over a contract. Nolan made sure the dragon was disabled, and I did the kill shot so we share the contract and the credits" She kept smiling remembering what Nolan looked like snapping that dragons' jaws.

"Life on Emberlene is probably very much like life here, we have cities, and clans, a Council to make decisions. The landscapes can be beautiful, the mountains are heavenly." Satine wasn't really sure exactly what they wanted, "We are very family oriented, we train together from when we are young, and the biggest different is our men are in a more supportive role rather than leadership. What is it like to live here?"

[member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Ralize Tor"] [member="Briika Detta"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom