Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet the Clan

So this was interesting Nolan’s family had spotted her when she arrived on Mandalore and now they were all very curious. It did make her feel a bit odd but she understood the needs of the family, and this would give her a chance to learn more about mandalorian custom and clan life as compared to emberlene custom and clan life.

So, here she stood in every day clothing something that fit her and yet was comfortable. Satine had chosen the spot to meet simply because she was not sure where else to go. She did not know where any of Nolan’s family lived here.

She did her best to keep a brave face on though, and she wondered what would his family want to know?

[member="Briika Detta"] [member="Kable Detta"] [member="Nolan Detta"] @any other member I missed

Nolan turned the corner to see Satine standing, waiting for him and the others. It was meet and greet time, and it was gonna be interesting. The Detta's were growing and maybe, just maybe, grow some more.

He hide the flowers behind his back and tried to sneak up behind Satine. He skirted the building until he got right up behind her. Then, swooped his arms under hers, holding the flowers out and the other arm wrapped around her waist in a backwards embrace. "Got ya."

He was wearing pants and a long sleeve button up. For once.

[member="Satine D'ulin"] [member="Briika Detta"] [member="Kable Detta"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Ralize Tor"]

Satine laughed, "yes you did" She looked over at the flowers, "Oh are those for me?" She gave him a little you should not have grin. She slipped out of his embrace for a moment to look him over, "Well well Nolan you look rather handsome like this" He looked more relaxed than before. She was wearing something simple and comfortable.

She moved back into his arms, "I like this" She nuzzled his neck for a moment, "So." she reached over and touched the flowers, "should I be worried about meeting your clan?"

[member="Nolan Detta"]

Of course these are for you, and might I say, you look as beautiful as ever.

Nolan hugged Satine tight, he cracked a wry smile as she asked about his family. He looked out at the civilians passing by, contemplating the right words.

My family is...excitable. Briika in particular. Harmless mind you, but be ready for lots of questions.

[member="Satine D'ulin"] [member="Briika Detta"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Ralize Tor"]

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
"Excitable, me? Come now, Nol'ika. I prefer to call it just being engaged in life," Bree quipped playfully as she came up behind the dirty blonde Detta brother, wanting to smack her brother-in-law in the arm for good measure, but chose not to as there was a pretty female in his arms. Someone she knew was special to [member="Nolan Detta"] from the looks of how he was embracing the young woman and the bouquet of flowers in her hand. Oooo... Now this is something to get excited about. Nolan has a girlfriend, Nolan has a girlfriend, she thought amusingly.

Briika was dressed casually in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt that had a vision chart on it, not her usual silver armor, as the baar'ur had been working the morning shift at the medical clinic's outreach stall located along Chortav Meshurkaane as it was market day in Keldabe. Ever since her baby daughter's birth, wearing full beskar'gam had made breastfeeding on-deman difficult. So when not in a combat situation or at other Mando'ade specific events, the field medic wore comfortable clothing. It wasn't exactly following the Resol'nare, but it was a practical solution to her early motherhood difficulties at the moment.

Holding Mesh'la in her arms, Briika grabbed the six month old's cubby hand and waved it at the couple. "Su cuy'gar! Who is your cyare, ner vod'ika? An introduction would be greatly appreciated," the golden blonde said with a knowing twinkle in her azure eyes, flashing a friendly smile at [member="Satine D'ulin"] as she waited.

[member="Kable Detta"], [member="Kad Tor"], [member="Ralize Tor"]

Nolan flinched as Bri spoke, expecting a retaliation. He released Satine, and walked to the littlest Detta. He put out his arms to grab Mesh'la.

This is Satine, of the Emberlene System Clans. My cyare, and a great warrior. Satine this is Briika, my brother's riduur.

He stepped back with Mesh'la, letting her hold his finger as he bounced her, a slight giggle escaped her tiny face. She was adorable. Had Briika's eyes and Kable's mouth.

[member="Satine D'ulin"] [member="Briika Detta"] [member="Ralize Tor"] [member="Kad Tor"]

"Excitable," Kad questioned at the sound of the word. "Says the man who who crashes into everything. You've almost died how many times now?"

Kad clapped [member="Nolan Detta"] on the shoulder as he looked to his niece. The youngest of the Tor siblings the infant made Kad want one of his own, something he and [member="Ralize Tor"] had discussed. It was part of the Resol'nare, Kad lived by it fully. There was one secret he had kept from his sister, however, one Nolan would sense right away. While on Nar Shaddaa visiting Ral's family Kad had discovered he was Force Sensitive, and nearly lost his life again. [member="Briika Detta"] could not know how it happened as it would be devastating to think about the loss of another brother.

The sandy haired Mando'ad listened to the introductions and waited for an appropriate time to chime in.

"Su'cuy, I'm Kad, Briika's vod'ika," Kad said to [member="Satine D'ulin"].

[member="Kable Detta"]

Briika Munin

Briika gladly let Mesh'la's ba'vodu take her. For a guy that said he didn't care much for kids, [member="Nolan Detta"] really had a sweet way with his little niece. Someday when the dirty blonde Detta brother was ready, he'd be a good buir just like kaysh vod, [member="Kable Detta"].

"Olarom to Mandalore, Satine," she smiled warmly at the offworlder, then turned to give her younger brother a sideways hug, who had joined them in the meantime.

"Su'cuy, Kad'ika. How goes it today?"

​[member="Satine D'ulin"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Ralize Tor"]

[SIZE=12pt]Okay so this was the sister in law, and she had a baby. A girl at that, well fortune favored the union by opening with the birth of a girl Satine smiled, and then as she watched Nolan take the child she saw another aspect of him. Course she also tucked away that Nolan had called her beloved. Why did it tickle her so for him to do that. Such oddities emotions could be.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Before Satine could greet her, another joined them. Crashes into everything ah yes the mandalorian tool, war machine goes where told and does what is needed. Yes she remembered this.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Satine remembered, “Su’cuy Kad, and Briika” Ok that wasn’t so bad only two names so far.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ok now what was going to prove to be some challenge was knowing all the words they were using and calling on knowledge she had not used in some time except for when speaking with Nolan lately.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Satine took a breath, “I am pleased to meet you both, and the baby” Satine smiled at the baby.[/SIZE]

[member="Briika Detta"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Nolan Detta"]

"Kad my man!! You look different. New hair cut?" He could sense the aura of Kad had shifted, he looked like Ralize inside. He gave him a nudge with his elbow.

"Say hi to your second favorite uncle Mesh'la." Nolan waved the infants hand at Kad.

He flashed a smile at Satine, and winked.

"Hey, I crash by choice, and I worked. Every time."

[member="Satine D'ulin"] [member="Briika Detta"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Ralize Tor"]

Briika Munin

Briika quirked a blondish-brown eyebrow at [member="Nolan Detta"]'s comment, then gazed up at her younger brother. To Bree the sandy blonde Tor looked just the same. If anything maybe [member="Kad Tor"] needed a hair cut, but she knew her sister-in-law [member="Ralize Tor"] liked it longer; more for the Nar Shaddaa spit fire to run her fingers through.

"So when are [member="Kable Detta"] and I going to be bavodu'e, hmm? Mesh'la needs a cousin to grow up with," she nudged teasingly, her blue gaze going to the two young men, then turned her attention back to [member="Satine D'ulin"], who had definitely caught Nolan's eye, and heart it seemed. Could this be another riduurok in the making for their small yet growing aliit?

"I've never been to Emberlene. I'm curious as to what it is like there and how the clans work within your society, Satine?"

"You could say that Nolan," Kad said with a smirk then pressed to his mind, //"You know what it is I think."//

Kad would find the right time to tell [member="Briika Detta"] what was going on, but now was not that time. This meeteing was about Nolan's new intersest, and seemingly from the way the two looked at each other, this one was a keeper. Kad couldn't remember a time since he had met Nolan that he had brought any woman home to meet the family. Her uniqness did not surprise Kad either. It would take a unique woman to keep Nolan's attention. Not that it was a bad thing. This woman, if she managed to get him to settle down, was exactly what Nolan needed. Though Briika pressing the issue of making some more babies for the clan, even if it was healthy ribbing, was not something Kad needed.

There were somethings which had just changed for Kad, and he was dealing with them. First there was the fact Kad was force sensitve. The only Tor in recent history as far as he knew. Secondly there was the fact that Briika may not be having to wait too long for news about more ade running around. [member="Ralize Tor"] was on edge about something, and Kad had a hunch, but until the two actually sat down and talked about it, Kad couldn't be too sure. Rather than say something though, he just nodded to Briika's comment.

"One thing at a time ner vod'ika," Kad said returning his sister's side hug. "Things are well, and until the time I have my own ade, I am content to practice with Meshl'a."

Kad leaned in to Briika and whispered for just her to hear.

"I do have something I need to tell you later though," he said just before [member="Satine D'ulin"] could answer Briika's question.

Ralize Darkfeather

R
"[member="Nolan Detta"], I have saved your sorry shebs more times than I can count. It's about time you found someone to take that onerous duty over from me." Emerald eyes bright with merriment, Ralize sauntered up to the group where they stood. Dressed casually as she'd only just managed to close down her shop, she hadn't wanted to miss the opportunity of the initial introductions.

She spared a moment to lean up on her toes to kiss her riduur Kad, before gently taking his hand and turning to face [member="Satine D'ulin"]. "Welcome to our insanity...that one..." she winked at Nolan and gently nudged him with their usual mental greeting "...is a handful. But the best ones are, and entirely worth it."

Emerald eyes looked from [member="Kad Tor"] to [member="Briika Detta"], and it the words tumbled out of her mouth before she could stop them. "Mesh'la will have two cousins, in about seven months...give or take. Twins are unpredictable in my family." Ralize winced and pressed her free hand to her face. This wasn't the right moment, but the Force, it seemed, was determined to have things its own way - she only hoped everyone would forgive her inelegant lack of proper timing.

Nolan stepped back in surprise to Rali's announcement, he looked to Kad for confirmation. Little Mesh'la giggled happily, as if she knew what was said.

I guess I dodged a bullet there, Satine and I have not even performed riduurok yet, and I do not know about kids either. Can you imagine a mini-me running around. Mini-Wrecking Ball. He laughed at the thought, then patted Kad on the back.

Nolan looked back to Satine, wondering what she thought of all of this...madness. She was everything Nolan was looking for, but what was she looking for?

[member="Kad Tor"] [member="Ralize Tor"] [member="Briika Detta"]

Satine had to sit and think for a moment bavodu'e Aunt or Uncle she wasn't quite sure but she felt she had a good idea. This meant they were looking at her and Nolan as having children someday, but not tomorrow. She laughed though, it was clear that the Mandalorian way of life was well represented here.

"Emberlene" Satine had barely got the word out of her mouth Kad spoke, she listened to the words and noticed that there was more the way his body was tense when he leaned something he wanted to say but didn't know...what.

Satine was quiet now just listening the family banter back and forth then another joined them ahh Kad's wife before Satine could utter a greeting she was being told what a handful Nolan was, if they only knew. And then another announcement, a birth to come twins how wonderful Satine thought.

They were all very family oriented and into one another's lives.

Nolan was looking at her, and she back at him. No they had not performed nor spoken of marriage, and children.

Ok how to handle all of this, "Nolan and I have not really discussed marriage, or children right now" She continued to look at him, "Since our families are of such importance to us it was important to know they approve before we did anything else" Satine smiled, he was more than she had hoped for but could he handle the way things were on Emberlene.

"I am an only child, but my Aunt she and my cousins within my Clan would want to meet him, and since I am Clan Leader whomever I bring into the Clan well they would expect to meet him" Marriage was sacred, having children was not just a duty.

[member="Briika Detta"] [member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Ralize Tor"]

"Wait we're what!?"

Kad was excited and shocked all at the same time. The two hadn't been trying, but they hadn't been preventing either. Allit was important to Mando'ade and Kad was more than agreeable to seeing this new clan grow. The Tors and Dettas had been brought together by the riduurok of Kable and Briika, and now it was time to grow it. Still, twins.

Kad didn't really hear anything else that was said or asked at this point. The timing may have been off, but it was already out there. That's why he leaned down and pressed a kiss to his riduur. The spitfire was going to make a wonderful buir. Their newfound connection allowed him to nudge her mind and express his excitement to her without having to interrupt the meeting any longer. It was time to celebrate what Nolan had finally found in a woman, and now the news Ralize had given them.

"Well isn't this all exciting. I'm buying the first round, well Ral doesn't get any thing but water, but still, it's on me!"

[member="Ralize Tor"] [member="Briika Detta"] [member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Satine D'ulin"]

Marriage, he...he...not quite no, we have not spoken of THAT yet. But hey, congrats Rali, Kad. Twins means there's gonna be the makings of two more chances for Rali's sensitivity to be transferred. He gave Kad a quick wink. Yes he knew.

But hey, Kad's buying, let's not stand around here.

He adjusted Mesh'la and turned towards Satine to lean in and give her a kiss.

[member="Kad Tor"] [member="Satine D'ulin"] [member="Ralize Tor"] [member="Briika Detta"]

Ralize Darkfeather

R
She couldn't help but smile, though her cheeks were flushed with warmth at the pleasure found in light of the news. It was not as if she had expected a poor reception, but she hadn't wanted to interrupt the introductions either. But it seemed everything had been smoothed over, a fact for which Ral was quite grateful.

Tugging Kad's arm over her shoulder, she tucked herself into her riduur's side and motioned for everyone to head down to the Oyu'baat, which was relatively close by. Emerald eyes flicked from Nolan to Satine with a great deal of interest, though she politely kept her mind to herself. It would have been quite rude to pry, and against the code she held to with her abilities. There was nothing but warmth and honest affection between them, and she didn't even need the Force to see that. It did her soul good to see Nolan truly happy.

"I've never had the opportunity to travel to Emberlene, I'm afraid I know little about it. What's your homeworld like, Satine?" Ral asked warmly, canting her head to look up at the taller woman.

~ [member="Satine D'ulin"] ~ [member="Nolan Detta"] ~ [member="Kad Tor"] ~ [member="Briika Detta"] ~​

Briika Munin

Briika squealed in delight at the twin baby news, then stepped forward to hug her petite sister-in-law. "Oh I am so happy for you, Ral'ika!" the blonde medic beamed, then slugged her younger brother's arm, hard.

"Way to go, ner vod'ika! Have you told cuun buire yet? They will be excited for more bu'ade."

Well, well… Lots of good news happening for the Tor's and Detta's it seemed. Now only if Kable wasn't such a work-a-holic… Bree mused, missing her riduur's presence as he was yet on another job, then the older Tor sibling followed along behind Nolan, who had Mesh'la snug in his protective arms, as the ever growing aliit moved towards the Oyu'baat; where she used to work part-time as a waitress before getting married and meeting [member="Strider Garon"], or Stri'buir as she affectionately called the older Field Marshal now much to his chagrin, for the first time after the Enceri-born moved to Keldabe. He'd always wished for her to call him cyar'ika, but Strider alway wanted the young women to call him that. After all, the grizzled Mando'ad wasn't called the Hound Dog of Keldabe for nothing.

[member="Kable Detta"], [member="Nolan Detta"], [member="Satine D'ulin"], [member="Ralize Tor"], [member="Kad Tor"]

Ok let's see if she could get this out.

"Emberlene is lovely, much has changed since days long ago, but the one thing that stays consistent is the people. You might find it different there" She looked from Ralize to Briika. She knew that they could be be leaders on Mandalore, but they could be leaders on Emberlene too, and be unopposed. "Perhaps one day you will all come to Emberlene" This was something that Satine had not thought about if she and Nolan were to marry would he live on Emberlene, or would he prefer Mandalore.

So many questions that arose when dealing with different cultures and ways of life. She smiled, "Congratulations on your news" to be pregnant nine months of waddling, eating, and swelling misery. Yes she had seen the women and just as soon as that baby arrived they cried about how it was all worth it. Satine giggled, and then looked again to Nolan holding the baby girl. A girl to continue the line, to play tricks with...to..........oh geez she wasn't going to get wander lust over a baby.

Satine tilted her head toward Nolan as he planted his kiss she whispered to where no one but he could hear, "love you, don't stress" and then she smiled.

[member="Briika Detta"] [member="Ralize Tor"] [member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Kad Tor"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom