Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Medicine Isn't Endless

Current Outfit

A good doctor, some called her, but she never used the same term on herself. Just as well. Though confident, overconfidence made one lose focus. Dr. Jayrenel Metrum. That’s her name. Came with a title. She tried to live up to it within her profession but, well, the truth is Jay simply tended to make…mistakes.
She woke up in the cockpit of her ship, Hawthorn, a 3-Z light freighter whose space permitted a retrofit. It was outfitted with amenities and equipment specific to any given doctor’s needs when it came to a mobile base of operations and medical facility on wings. Okay, the ship didn’t have wings per se, but what the hey.

“Great… Maybe… Brave…” Jay spoke but can’t hear herself speak at the moment. “No…not…not the lemon cake…” Twitches a bit. “WAIT NO PLEASE I WANTED THE ONION RINGS Oh.” Finally Jay blinks herself awake.

“O…Okay…” Looks around her cockpit. Musta fallen asleep. It happens. But what the hell was that dream? Jayrenel just can’t tell. Oh well. She checked her viewscreen. “Okay. Cool. On my way. Good timing. Should be arriving…any second. Dig it.”

Click this button. Tap that key. “Need coffee...” Great. Left the stereo on. Suddenly aware of the music in her cockpit. Electronic-something-ish. “Uhhh…what?” Click. Tap. “Why can’t I turn it off?” Tries again. Nope. Why not?
Click that. Tap this. Suddenly nothing is working in the cockpit of her ship. Chit. Got no time for this. I gotta deliver this medicine. Jay also had a meeting with the space station in the distance for further trade. Coming closer. No longer on viewscreen. Its doors are now outside her viewport. “Chit.” She blinks.

“Um…what the hell happened to my ship?” She asks nobody. Looks between empty seats. “Crap.” Ship continues to drift in. Hawthorn along a course toward Aurora Station’s docking doors. Her ship doesn’t slow down for this though. It speeds up.
“Hey uhhhhh I seem to be having a slight ship malfunction...coming in too hot here…” Jay frantically attempts to communicate over to the station. “My ship isn’t responding. Like. Nothin'.” She clears her throat, swallowing a lump of fear. “I got nothin’. Um. So. Yeah. Uh. Hello?”

Laphisto Laphisto

High Commander of the Lilaste Order
Laphisto was in his office when he heard the commotion of the unknown ship rushing into the commercial district of the hanger bay, causing him to grumble in slight annoyance. Raising a brow and lifting from his seat, he made his way over to the station CIC, eyes narrowing out to the vast blackness of space. Some ships had exited hyperspace and were not responding to hail. By the looks of things, it was on a collision course in the background he heard the voice of Owen Gisk "Activate the tractor beams and bring the ship to the docking bay. Get a full team of guards down there as well "

curiosity took hold and so Laphisto quickly found himself Taking the turbo lift down, he soon found his way marching crossed the hull of the commercial district of dock 4, the bustling make shift market being one of the leading financial revenues of the order. Makeshift markets were set up in a way that they could be quickly taken down at the end of the day, with landing pads lining the outer section. the medical ship piloted by Jayrenel Metrum Jayrenel Metrum - if you could really call what had happened piloting that is - was carefully brought aboard the station, and all attempts to radio the ship were ineffective and so he waited outside with the dozen or so guards at what he presumed was the boarding ramp

Well, this was a bigger problem than Jayrenel had thought. Not only did the station fail to respond to her comms but as she entered the dock from the tractor beam it was easy to spot the guards (armed?) waiting for her in turn. The meeting that was being set up for a delivery of medical supplies and for further trade was prearranged so surely they would register Hawthorn as Dr. Metrum’s ship, right?

Then again, under the circumstances, they couldn’t be sure whether her ship was hijacked by pirates so that much did make sense. Great. It was all Jay could think as she sat stupidly in her seat. This is really really not a great way to make a first impression with station authority.
However, she was a doctor, not a pirate or even a pilot by profession. Whatever had happened to her ship it needed her attention as much as medicine needed to be delivered.

One plus out of all this was the music in her ship had finally shut up.

The freighter’s ramp lowered and out came a lone figure who walked down with her arms raised in surrender. Please don’t shoot me. It’s been a really long journey and my shower broke ‘cause everything suddenly decided to stop working and—

“Uhhh, hey!”
The good doctor looked left, looked right, counted about a dozen or so guards with her arms still held high, and paused her walk at the bottom of the ramp. “I’m Jayrenel Metrum. Ahem. Dr. Jayrenel Metrum. Sorry about that. I dunno what the crap happened."

Laphisto Laphisto

laphisto raised a brow as the women introduced themselves, a hand reaching out and lowering as he signaled the guards that had gathered to lower their weapons, his gaze flicking back over towards the girl and giving a soft nod, clearing his throat light as he spoke a hand outstretched to help the woman down from the ramp. Standing at seven foot eight and wearing his Customized Set of LO-56A MKII, his Broad Saber mag locked to the belt of his armor set. " my apologies, Dr. Jayrenel, we had been expecting your arrival, but when your ship had failed to identify we were unsure if you had been hi jacked or if this ship was even you. Ill have a maintenance team swing by and get her back to full working order as condolences for such a hostile first impression on our part."

He dipped a fist to his chest into a half bow." Where are my manners? High commander Laphisto of the Lilaste order at your service, I believe we spoke on the holo-com about setting the order up with shipments of medical supplies, no?" he spoke in a soft cordial tone trying to sound friendly even if his face bore a constant glair - or perhaps he was squinting? - as he looked at the girl his eyes flashed a teal blue before peering into them through the force and prodding at their alignment

Jayrenel Metrum Jayrenel Metrum

Phew. It was all she could do to breathe a sigh of relief at the sight of blasters being lowered. That in turn made Jay lower her own arms as alarms gave way to the outstretched hand of a gentleman. Jay accepted said hand with grace. Compared to this man, she was smaller and a whole lot less armed or armored. She had a pistol at her hip, naturally for protection, and a backpack on her back, but no broad saber and no lightsaber for that matter.

The guy apologized. He wasn’t recognized. Though he spoke complete sentences and was completely logically. As she had expected, her ship’s lack of identification, even if it was identified in name, made Jay suspect as a pilot like she might actually be a pirate or something. Hijackings happened all the time.

Jay might have said something, interrupting him mid-sentence, but she instead just listened and took the moment to study the man’s countenance. He introduced himself as High Commander Laphisto of the Lilaste Order, at her service. She hadn’t witnessed his visage until this moment but he was definitely the person she had come to meet with.

He looked to be in his late twenties or early thirties maybe. His eyes were green one moment then blue the next. Though his expression was determined there was no indignation in his tone. He asked where his manners were. Well-mannered. Nice. Hopefully he would in turn see the morality of a good doctor in Jayrenel Metrum’s contrarily only blue eyes. Good doctor? Well, I’m all right.

“Totally. Don’t worry.” She smiled gently. Sincerely. “Like I said, no clue what’s been happening in my ship. Maybe somebody tampered with it. Maybe she’s just fed up with her pilot. Heheh!” She blinked upon seeing there wasn’t really anything amusing.Ahem. Yeah. Yes. Dr. Jayrenl Metrum at your service. I’ve got medicine and other things in my ship if your team can help me ferry it. Then I guess we can discuss further business like a supply line and information exchange between your order and the RTL.”

Despite her smile what Jayrenel failed to tell was how famished she was. And damn do I need that shower. Hell.

Laphisto Laphisto

nodding gently, laphisto motioned for Jayrenel Metrum Jayrenel Metrum to follow him a soft nod following suit as he began to speak " its a pleasure to make your acquaintance. with our ongoing conflict with the Dusate Pirates a Medicinal supply line is more than needed. especially for our broader ambitions "

stepping through the commercial district the soldiers that had once gathered now made thier way back to thier stations talking amongst themselves and soon falling back into the background " so tell me more about your company. how many units of your product can we expect to receive and how soon?"

as the pair walked away from her ship several technicians got to work, unbolting pannels and getting into the nitty gritty spaces in between running a full diagnostic and replacing parts in a hurry. if the girl paid close attention she would soon notice that not a single droid was stationed on board. or if there was they were far far from public view

Laphisto led and Jayrenel followed. Seemed like a good arrangement already. However, talk of pirates only served to remind her of the previous moment where she had almost been mistaken as, eheh, a pirate. I really need to figure out what the hell happened to my ship. Fortunately it would be getting serviced while she dealt in medical business with him.

“Pleasure’s all pie. Ahem. Mine.” She quickly added and corrected, clearly thinking with her stomach, but her interjection wasn’t an interruption as Laphisto spoke and Jayrenel listened. She carried a backpack over her shoulders, wasn’t struggling to keep up or anything, it wasn’t heavy, but she was presently busy taking in the views of her surroundings. The doctor could be as curious as a cat in a maze or…something like that anyway.

“RTL, short for Rimward Trade League— actually read this, Vision & Goals section." She held up her datapad with a brief description. "I’m not a high level member or anything to be honest but I can promise enough units to match your specific needs at least. I’ve brought samples in my bag, more than bandages, and more supplies in my ship on the house. No, sorry, not my 'ship on the house' but my 'ship, on the house'. Now, my company—well not my company eheh—ahem—is all about helping out so sooner the better.”

Jay hoped she made sense. Though, in the end, what made most sense to her was a scalpel in one hand and a glass of chardonnay in the other. Just…not at the same time anyway and not in that order..?

Laphisto Laphisto

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom