Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meanwhile, On the Tops of Mountains

PICT0478-723450.JPG

Haruun Kal

Kneeling down near one of the many metal eating planets of this planet she pulled out her notebook and pen from her bag. She had tried dusting her electronics with portaak amber however the plants still ate her gear. They seemed to be much smarter than anyone gave them credit for. Sitting right behind her was a pack of four adult Akka dogs and two little pups. She had befriend the pack after they had first tried to attack her. She had not only stood her ground but Kat was able to understand them in a way nobody else could. The fact that they were Force Sensitive only made it that much easier to bond with. They protected her while she worked just like she protected them.

The young Jedi Master was used to living in a world full of electronics so there was most definitely a learning curve to living a more primitive lifestyle. She had come here to live and study the planet life as not many other biologists would dare step foot on this planet however she was learning so much more. In the short two months she had been here Katrina had learned how to make a fire, build a shelter, and hunt using a spear or her makeshift bow and arrow. It still took her quite a few times to get the fire lit or actually hit something but she was getting there. It was all a work in progress and Katrina was really enjoying the experience of living out here. In a few months she would be a pro at hitting objects.

Being out here was like nowhere else. It was peaceful and quite unlike the bustle of city life. On this planet she felt that she was free to relax and be herself. It was less noisy in her head which was nice and gave her a chance just relax. She could do her work in peace which was exactly what Kat wanted.

@[member="CC-308 Maverick"]

Haruun Kal was a world famous for two reasons, in the clone's book. One, it was the birthplace of one of the most powerful individuals that the Jedi Order had ever produced. Two, it was home to a species of semi-sentient beast that could munch through a Sith like nothing else in the Galaxy. It was due to the latter of these reasons that Maverick had elected to utilize the small sum of downtime he had available to venture to this world; for he was determined to find, tame, and bring home one of the famed Akk Wolves. These beasts were supposedly huge when fully grown and had plates that could reflect a lightsaber and blaster with minimal effort. To have one of those at the disposal of the Dread Guard would be a phenomenal tactical advantage over any Force-wielding enemy...and the prospect of seeing Calico freak out over another animal in the barracks was an opportunity Maverick just could not pass up.

As such, he found himself wandering about the forests of Haruun Kal, only about a mile out from where he had landed. Normally, it was the Akk Dogs and Wolves who found the prey; but they had very minimal means of tracking the clone. They sniffed out those sensitive to the Force, first and foremost, before relying upon their other senses...well, Maverick was not sensitive in the Force. In fact, he was quite opposite. He was dead to the Force. Due to this, the roles were reversed and it was the clone doing the hunting this day. Garbed from head to toe in his Phase IV Confederate Trooper Armor, and armed with a Czerka Arms slugthrower, he felt as though he was adequately prepared for anything and everything he might find in the forest; but he was mistaken.

Stepping upon a stick in his path caused a rather loud "snap" which echoed about the trees, summoning the attention of one of the Akk Puppies in the care of the Jedi Master. It growled, sniffed, and broke off from the pack, which then drew the attention of its parents. They began to wander away from the Jedi Master, headed towards the sound; a fact which caused Maverick to duck into a bush in order to conceal himself. One Akk Dog he could handle, a whole pack? Nope. Nope. Nope.

@[member="Katrina Garnier"].

Kat's head spun not as she heard the stick break but when her little pup began growling and running towards the sound. There were many sounds out here but not many warranted the attention of a Akk pack. The pup she knew would growl and play with everything and anything. The adults were another story which was why she paused. Carefully and quietly she placed her notebook back into her bag and stood up. She had previously encountered a few of the locals of these mountains but she thought they had come to an understanding. She would leave them alone if they left her alone. Katrina had no desire to conquer this land or destroy their homes she was just here to study the wildlife and the animals.

Slowly she crept along to were the pack was careful not to make any sudden movements. The pack would protect her if need be but she didn't want it to come to that nor did she want to fight herself. Being a Jedi Master Katrina had many different tricks up her sleeve but she was more peaceful than anything else. Stopping next to an adult Akka she glanced at her surroundings and saw nothing. The strangest thing though was she couldn't sense anything either because as far as she knew the natives were Force Sensitive as well.

"Who is there," she yelled into the forest. Kat left her makeshift bow was in the bag slung across her shoulder. Pulling out a weapon would be like asked for trouble and that was the last thing she wanted. "Show yourself. I'm not going to hurt you." She would also make sure her pack didn't hurt them but that wasn't something they needed to know just yet.

While living in the forest here Katrina had adopted the garb in the area and had fashioned herself a brown dress which helped camouflage her against the trees. The dress she found surprisingly comfortable and easy to move in which was exactly what she needed. Kat had pulled her long curly hair pulled back in a pony tail in order keep it out of her face. Lightly she tapped her foot on the ground hoping that someone or something would just come out to show itself.

Maverick remained within the relative safety of the bushes, holding at the ready his CZ-836 Assault Rifle. It's chamber was loaded with BANG slugs that, he hoped, would work against the ridiculously strong hides of the Akk Dogs. He did not make any motion to attack however, for engaging an entire pack was a quick way to lose one's head, limbs, and life to rows of razor-sharp fangs and deadly claws. As such, the clone remained hidden amongst the vegetation, silently moving as quickly and as quietly away from the incoming pack. However, he stopped in his tracks when he heard a voice. This was enough to cause Maverick to turn around and face the direction of the pack, who all seemed to have...stopped moving beside a woman garbed in a brown dress. She held a now in her hands and had that rough, "I've been out here hiking for a bit" look to her; the sort of look that the clone liked actually. Of course, the fact that she was surrounded by Akk Dogs that didn't eat her on sight spoke volumes and he recalled the stories of the natives being able to tame the beasts.

And it seemed as though this woman had accomplished this.

As such, the Clone shouldered his Slugthrower and slung it over his shoulder by it's strap before rising out of the bushes, slowly. His hands were raised in a non-threatening manner and he took two cautious steps into the open. "Pardon the intrusion, ma'am." He said in his typical, militant manner. "My name is Maverick, member of the 117th Clone Legion. I mean you no harm." He hoped that his introduction and willingness to step out into the open was enough for her not to order her Akk Dogs to utterly decimate him.

"What are you doing out here," she questioned as she folded her arms across her chest. Kat figured that if there was one than there was more and they were probably looking to conquer this planet. If not that, she knew it was still no good to come out of this. The military was nothing but trouble in her opinion as they did nothing but kill without looking deeper at things. She had seen them kill countless creatures and wildlife. It broke her heart and she wasn't even getting to yet he cries of people being murdered. Even with all of that, she would still be nice.

"I'm Jedi Master Katrina Garnier and this is my pack." She motioned to the Akk pack on either side. She wasn't planning on turning them on him but she wanted to remind him she could if she really wished to. The young woman wanted no funny business here just straight talk and answers to her questions. She was sure that he got the picture.

Reaching over she picked up one of the pups and cradled it in her arms as she would a baby as she awaited an answer.

Upon hearing that the woman was a member of the Jedi Order, a wave of relaxation washed over him like a mighy tide. An ally in the middle of nowhere, who had a firm grasp upon the Akk Dogs? This was good. This was very good. Lowering his hands, Maverick then folded them behind his back and assumed the "rest" stance. It was uncalled for at this moment, but it was such a habit by now that whenever he was idle, it simply happened. "A pleasure to meet you, Master Garnier," he began, inclining his head out of respect, "I am here on a...personal quest of sorts. I've heard stories about how Akk Dogs can be trained and utilized against force sensitives, and so I came to Haruun Kal in hopes of finding and taming one. Honestly, aside from their famous traits, I simply'd like a pet of my own; as Galaar's Strill is stinking up the place constantly...Erm..ah..."

He then looked at the Akk pupp and, despite its budding fangs and overall intimidating appearance, he could see the "adorableness". "Cute little bugger when they're small," he commented, giving her a nod before asking, "In this time of war, what is a Jedi Master doing all the way out here in the woods?"

"They are, aren't they?" She smiled at the little pup in her arms. Kat at the moment had decided to believe him that he was here on a personal mission to get himself a pet. "I don't consider them my pets really. They are more like family to me. I know that sounds silly but.." she sighed and set the squirming pup down.

Katrina could help him find one if he really wanted but she wasn't giving him one of her pack members. He could have fun with one of the ones roaming around these parts if he could handle it. These dogs were not to be taken lightly but she doubted he would. He looked like he could handle himself.

"Oh, I'm not with Republic and even if I was I'm not much of a fighter. I'm more of a biologist." Kat was underestimating herself but honestly she wouldn't know that. She didn't do much fighting. "If you would like help, I could. It's not often I get visitors."

The Clone Trooper simply shook his head when she implied that her regarding of the Akk Dogs was strange. To other beings outside of the Dread Guard, that particular attachment might have very well come off as a little out of the ordinary; but for one who was grown, born, and trained alongside a pack of his own...well, Maverick understood more than she realized. "No ma'am," he said in his most respectful tone, "that doesn't sound silly at all. In fact, I completely understand." His eyebrow raised when she said that she was not apart of the Galactic Republic, a fact that surprised him immensely in fact. This was due to the reality that the Jedi Order had officially become apart of the Republic government; meaning that affiliation with the Jedi meant affiliation with the Republic. Of course, some people may not recognize this as true...and he decided not to press the issue of semantics.

"A biologist you say?" he said, momentarily folding his arms across his chest. "Ma'am, forgive me if I am being forward, but...on the subject of help, I think you could assist me in more than just the seeking of Akk Dogs. Scientists are in short supply these days, and there are good men and women who could benefit from your loving care. If you can befriend and cherish a pack of Akk Dogs, then I'm sure you'd have no problem house training my brothers in the Dread Guard. What I'm saying is...Would you consider, possibly, coming to the Confederacy with me? We could use your help so much and I would personally be eternally grateful."

He paused, placing his hands behind his back. "A-And if not, I completely understand. I would, however, like your assistance very much in finding an Akk Dog. You know the terrain and this species more than I ever will, I'd wager."

She considered herself a Jedi Master even though she had left the order long ago. There wasn't any reason for it really, she just didn't feel like she belonged or fit in really. There was also that little thing of being an empath which even though she had control of kept her away from others.

"Please call me Kat. That's a lovely offer really and I have always wanted to go and do more with my skills perhaps work in a lab or such. It's just I can't leave my pack and I'm not sure I would do well in a city." Sighing she looked away for a moment to the pack sitting now next to her before continuing. Even if she worked with the clones whom she seemingly couldn't read she couldn't leave the pack. "I'm an empathy as well so I can feel and hear many things. Others emotions and feelings of course I don't pry but sometimes I can't help it and the noise drives me nuts. I can't get anything off you though, your blank which is a
breath of fresh air. I'll help you though and think about it."

Kat at the moment couldn't give him an infinitive yes or no to his question as she herself was very unsure as to what she wished to ultimately do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom