Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ME-23 Duel Particle Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Codex_ME2_-_Thanix_Cannon.png
Image Source: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140823080600/masseffect/images/0/05/Codex_ME2_-_Thanix_Cannon.png

Intent: Canons for Trade Conglomerate and open market

Development Thread: If Needed

Manufacturer: Umbrella Interest

Model: ME-23

Affiliation: Trade Conglomerate and Open Market

Modularity: None

Production: Production: Mass-Production

Material: Durasteel, Laminasteel, Agrinium, Particle Cannon Componentd

Classification: Ship Cannon

Size: Ship Based

Length: 25 m
Weight: 75 Mt

Ammunition Type: Charged Particle Shells

Ammunition Capacity: Single

Effective Range: 15,000 meters

Rate of Fire: Single action

Special Features: Splash Damage,

Description: The beam, usually a pale yellow bolt, differed from a normal particle bolt emitted from Turbo-lasers, in that a particle beam utilized particles that were not as densely packed, but were much more energized; resulting in a bolt that was both unstable, but very powerful. Due to their unstable nature, particle beams acted like blaster bolts when fired, but upon contact with an energy field or solid object, would explode violently. This utilized their unstable nature against capital ship, as they are perfect weapons to eat away at a ships shields. Providing double damage to sheilds of a space based vessels, but it was not build to penetrate armor and only does about half the damage of a normal TurboLaser.

This weapon is mainly used as a offensive support weapon. It's not the greatest at destroying armor on a ship, nor is it great against fighter/bomber starships. It's only advantage is that it destroys shields much quicker then average turbo-lasers. This weapon was designed after the ground based particle cannon used to destroy vehicles shielding.

Primary Source: None

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]
So to be clear, extra damage against shields, less damage against armor?

And it can't be made Heavy or Long Range (I am assuming it is a capital ship weapon based off its size)?

Answer and clarify these two questions and you should be good.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

The weapons is anti-sheild weaponry, it does have less damage against armor as well. As for modification, No, it's range is locked at its effective range, though it of course can go farther. However it is able to be placed on other vessels, but for smaller starships, it can only be a primary.

(IE: Pirate vessels that wish to drain vessel sheilds then hit with boarding teams, that kinda thing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom