Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship MC180 Progenitor-class Supercarrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sieb Tevv

S
BJFP1bJ.png
Mon_Cal_logo.svg.png
The_Rebel_Fleet-TCG_Core_Set.jpg
Image Source: TCG Rebel Fleet, Star Wars Wikia
Affiliation: Galactic Alliance
Manufacturer: Mon Calamari Shipyards
Model: MC180 Progenitor-class Supercarrier
Modularity: Mon Calamari Shipyard sensor and comm upgrades
Production: Limited (1 per PC)
Material: FCMC Starship Frame System, Neualuquad Ablative Armor Plating
Classification: Supercarrier, Commandship

Length: 2500 meters
Width: 500 meters
Height: 200 meters

Armament Rating: 2
20/20/690
175 Repeating Point Defense Laser Cannons
20 B1-TM3 Countermeasures Packages (counts as 50 turbolaser cannons)
12 Laser Defense Batteries
10 Countermeasure Defense Batteries
50 Point Defense Composite Beam Blisters (replaces 50 turbolaser cannons)
10 Heavy Ion Cannons
20 Light Missile Launchers (replaces 20 turbolaser cannons)
40 Anti-Torpedo Nano-Missile Launchers

Defense Rating: 20
40 Tractor Beams
MC101 Delphus.4-class Shield System
FCMC Starship Frame System
Neualuquad Ablative Armor Plating

Hangar:
2 Carrier Wings (20 Squadrons)
25 Gunships
20 Shuttles/Dropships

Special Features:
MC1005 Dolfin-class Communications Array
MC1003 Tetra-class targeting/tracking system
MC1002 Oracle-class Sensor Suite
MC1004 OPAL-class Communication Laser Projectors

QQ-1453 DR-1 Solid Fuel/Ration Converter
Aegis Shield Transfer Array

Maneuverability Rating: 18
Speed Rating: 17
Hyperdrive Class: 1

Strengths:
  • Point Defense Weaponry: The numerous point defense systems afford the MC180 ample countermeasures to eliminate small enemy craft such as bombers and starfighters, as well as enemy torpedoes and missiles.
  • Shielding: The quadruple redundant shield systems allow the supercarrier to soak up a significant amount of damage.
  • Hull: And even should the shields be pierced, the enormously robust hull of the ship will hold up to all but the worst sort of punishment.
Weaknesses:
  • Ship-to-Ship combat: Even moderately well-armed frigates would be able to outgun the supercarrier in a one-on-one naval engagement.
  • Support Ship Reliance: However, if the supercarrier found itself in a ship-to-ship engagement then its numerous support vessels would have already failed their jobs. The supercarrier is not meant to operate independently, but to serve as the spinal column for the Alliance’s new carrier strike groups.
  • Target: Because of its purpose, elimination of the supercarrier will almost always be the primary goal of enemy commanders. It is large, it houses the vast majority of the strike group’s fighters, and is the strike group command vessel. Thus, it is a high value target.
Description:
The soft, curving lines of the MC180 Progenitor-class supercarrier are a far cry from the harsh edges of Imperial star destroyers. As with all Mon Calamari ships, no two Progenitors are shaped exactly alike due to the individual construction and design of the many bubble projections and overall form of the vessel. However, what they do share is an indomitable defensive system incorporating a robust hull, redundant shields, and hundreds of point defense weaponry.

All of this comes at the sacrifice of a heavy capital-ship grade offensive arsenal. The only offensive weapons the MC180 is equipped with are ten heavy ion cannons, making the supercarrier woefully under armed, even compared to some heavy corvettes.

Ideally, however, the supercarrier would never come into direct, prolonged engagement with other capital ships, but instead relies on support frigates and fighter screens.

The MC180 has twenty hangars installed on the hull, along with four larger hangars for assault shuttles and gunships. The lack of one central hangar enables the squadrons to deploy on separate flight lanes all at once, allowing for faster deployment in combat. Additionally, this system facilitates a more intimate knowledge and familiarity between the mechanic crews and the squadrons designated to each hangar, enabling more efficient refuelling and maintenance.

Cargo Capacity: 50,000 tons
Crew: 30,000
Troops: 3,500

Development Thread: GA Fund Raiser Gala
Intent: To provide the Galactic Alliance with a centerpiece command carrier for the new carrier strike groups.
Who Can Use This: Galactic Alliance Carrier Strike Group Commanders

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Sieb Tevv"], you do need to talk to people before you use their company and their technology, especially if that technology is "closed market" or otherwise restricted. That being said, I have now talked to the owner of MCS and many of those technology submissions ([member="Reshmar"]), who has tentatively agreed to let both his company and his technologies be used for this submission.

Do not do this again.

Sieb Tevv said:
Development Thread: GA Fund Raiser Gala
I am aware of this thread within the GA faction forums, but I do not see the blessing of the faction owner in that thread. Given the original intent of that thread as using it for a flagship, and given the sheer amount of work put into it by the other members of the faction, I would like to see the faction owner bless off the use of that thread for this ship. Please have the faction owner do so in that thread.

Sieb Tevv said:
Hangar: 3 Carrier Wings (27 Squadrons) 25 Gunships 20 Shuttles/Dropships
This will probably need to be lowered. Given the exceptional amount of work put into it, I do expect that the hangar count will be above that the supercarrier template example, but as a personal opinion, I do not likely see it being much over 20 starfighter squadrons. But given that this is relatively uncharted territory, I will talk to other factory staff members and judges about this before I make a formal recommendation.

Sieb Tevv

S
[member="Gir Quee"], Reshmar actually helped me to make this in a google doc last year, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Here is a specific comment from Reshmar on the google doc allowing permission on April 23, 2016 at 1:24pm

"Hangar:
2 Carrier Wings (18 Squadrons) I would make it 3km so you can get all these fighter squadrons
I have to do a few things here but you can link me on chaos once you get it done if you like"

Gir Quee said:
I am aware of this thread within the GA faction forums, but I do not see the blessing of the faction owner in that thread. Given the original intent of that thread as using it for a flagship, and given the sheer amount of work put into it by the other members of the faction, I would like to see the faction owner bless off the use of that thread for this ship. Please have the faction owner do so in that thread.
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/99927-faction-supercarrier/#entry1479491

Here's the stamp of approval.

Sieb Tevv said:
Here is a specific comment from Reshmar on the google doc allowing permission on April 23, 2016 at 1:24pm "Hangar: 2 Carrier Wings (18 Squadrons) I would make it 3km so you can get all these fighter squadrons I have to do a few things here but you can link me on chaos once you get it done if you like"
Cool. He apparently didn't remember talking about this before, but it looks like this conversation was a while ago, which may be a contributing factor to it.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Sieb Tevv"], apparently my edit didn't go through for this last post when I was having connectivity issues last week, so I apologize about the wait.

Sieb Tevv said:
3 Carrier Wings (27 Squadrons) 25 Gunships 20 Shuttles/Dropships
Upon conferring with others, I think that the most that we can do is 20 squadrons for limited production. We could do loadout this if the ship was unique.

Given the power of this ship, I'd like to see some way to prevent it from being spammed in engagements. How you would like to go about that, I leave it up to you. An easy way option would be to limit this to one ship per PC character, but if you have other ideas, I'm open to them.

Sieb Tevv

S
[member="Gir Quee"]. Edits made.

Limited to 1 PC works for me. This is supposed to be a carrier that is basically the centerpiece of a system fleet. While there might be multiple carriers in existence, each would be attached to a different fleet. Absolutely no one should be waltzing around throwing three of these into an engagement. If more than one shows up in a fleet engagement it should only be because the battle is truly massive and the Alliance is in serious trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom