Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MC140/C Scythe-type Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
MC140/C SCYTHE-TYPE CRUISER
782Oo3T.jpg
avfS5RR.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create an updated MC140 for the Resistance
Image Source: Here
Canon Link: MC140 Scythe-class Main Battle Cruiser
Restricted Missions: Not Applicable
Primary Source: Not Applicable
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: The Resistance | Free Dac Volunteers Engineering Corps (Design)
Model: MC140/C
Modularity:

• Aesthetics
Affiliation: Closed Market
Production: Limited

Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Assault Cruiser
Length: 500 Meters
Width: 211.4 Meters
Height: 385.7 Meters
Armament: Moderate
[Very High Full Power to Weapons]
Defenses: Average
[High Full Power to Shields]
  • Redundant Deflector Shields
  • Flares
Hangar: Average
  • Squadrons (2)
  • Dropships, Light Freighters, Shuttles, Transports (4)
Minimum Crew: 820
Optimum Crew: 3,240

Passenger Capacity: 600
Cargo Capacity: 3,000 Metric Tons
Consumables: 1 Year
Maneuverability Rating: Low
Speed Rating: Average
[High Full Power to Engines]
Hyperdrive Class: 1.0
Backup Hyperdrive Class: 8.0

STANDARD FEATURES
The MC140/C is a modernized version of its ancient and aging counterparts, featuring updated systems and sensors, standard computer systems and securities, as well as allowing for these to be regularly updated to meet current technological standards.

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
Miscellaneous
  • Power Converter
  • Advanced Targeting Computers
Strengths:
  • Power Converter: The new models now include Power Converters and a small reserve Power Generator, which allows them to boost one of their combat systems in battle, or assist with a rapid startup sequence.
  • Cross of Fire: Most of the vessel’s weapons are mounted on its signature forward prow, allowing them to minimize the area struck by its weapons, thus maximizing its weapons’ effectiveness against hull and shields. Rumors of MC140/C’s sawing Star Destroyers in half with concentrated and sustained fire have been heard because of this feature.
Weaknesses:
  • Unassigned Energy: In combat, the reserve power must be assigned by the crew or droid or it is not utilized or directed. This means when ambushed by enemy craft, the vessel is not able to perform at its full potential for a time.
  • One System at a Time: The corvette’s power converter can only direct its reserve power to a single combat system at a time, taking several moments to stop the flow of energy to one system, redirect it, and begin the flow of energy to the next system.
  • Single Fire Arc: Almost all of the ship’s weapons are only able to fire in front of it, making its sides, top, bottom difficult for it to defend against enemy assaults, and its rear almost defenseless.
DESCRIPTION
The MC140 Scythe was once the mainstay vessel of the Galactic Alliance and Galactic Federation Triumvirate before the Gulag plague and has been one of the more successful classifications of ships since the end of the four hundred year darkness. Having seen several variants and operational overhauls, the MC140 has been the pride of Mon Calamari design for decades if not centuries.

The MC140/C is the Free Dac Volunteers Engineering Corps take on the vessel designed for and built by the Resistance to provide the founding military force with a frontline cruiser to be produced and deployed in small numbers. The class’s size has been scaled down roughly one fourth, its weaponry altered to fit with a more versatile role as both a brawler and artillery cruiser, and its systems, computers, communications, and sensors updated to technological standard with easily updated banks to keep them in line with modern cruisers.

Offensively, the MC140/C is outfitted with four triplet turbolaser turrets capable of long range fire on either side of its signature Prow Blade, three long range Ion cannons with similar range and accuracy, and four dual heavy turbolasers for close range combat. Given its power converter and energy diversion systems it is able to use the most effective weapon at any given range and funnel its energy through that weapon, giving it a static offensive capability regardless of range. Four assault warhead launchers normally meant to launch assault proton rockets or intruder missiles at close range enemy craft. For assisting long range and extreme range artillery strikes the MC140/C is equipped with four Energy Torpedo projectors, a new addition to the class’s armament left over from a Mon Calamari Shipyard design.

Defensive weaponry provides overlapping fields of fire, however like previous models the class suffers from having its weapons fixated on a single point. It has limited firing arcs, with all of its primary weapons only able to fire in the forward, dorsal, and ventral arcs. It has a handful of Light Turbolasers spread across its hull to ward off enemy corvettes and defensive weaponry to protect from starfighters and missiles, however it still struggles when combating much quicker enemy ships it is unable to realign itself to focus its firepower against.

Overlapping redundant shield deflectors like other mon calamari designs, matrix armor hull with interior defenses and layered armor like any other MC ship has been limited and scaled down on the MC140 to make space for its extensive offensive weaponry and hangar space.
[SIZE=10.5pt]Original Section(s):[/SIZE]
Length: 750 Meters
Width: 321.5 Meters
Height: 562.5 Meters
[SIZE=10.5pt]New Section(s):[/SIZE]
Length: 500 Meters
Width: 211.4 Meters
Height: 385.7 Meters
[SIZE=10.5pt]
[/SIZE]

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

IF you would not mind clarifying something for me. When the power is transferred to one system in order to increase its abilities, like with the Very High Rating that is given to weapons in such occasions, does that decrease the effectiveness of the other systems or not? Furthermore would the systems remain prioritized for until you decide to remove that funneling of power, or is there a limit to the time that such can be done?

[member="Edric Vanyan"]

• One System at a Time: The corvette’s power converter can only direct its reserve power to a single combat system at a time, taking several moments to stop the flow of energy to one system, redirect it, and begin the flow of energy to the next system.
So it only increases one system at a time, moving whichever its assigned to to the "Full Power" mention just below the normal rating but doesn't lower anything else.

I found it easier to write as having all the ratings normally lower than would otherwise be found on a ship holding the extra in reserve, and include that option than having certain ones Decreased because that would end up looking like
Armament: High [Average when boosting Engines or Shields]
Defenses: Average [High with Shield boost]
etc
and gave it the additional trade off that if jumped or ambushed it is not fully effective for a while compared to any other Limited Production ship.

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

That was the only thing that was a tad unclear to me, thank you for explaining it out to me.

Given the interesting choice for a single arc of fire, and its productivity, I do not see anything terribly wrong with this. It is interesting and I wish you luck on its use.

Laira Darkhold said:
Squadrons (3)
The average for a 750 meter vessel is 2, setting this at 3 puts your hangar rating at High. If not for the full-power settings on various ratings, this would still be perfectly balanced, but because you add 1 to various ratings at a time for the full-power settings it throws your ship out of balance. I would suggest simply lowering the squadrons it can carry to 2, or otherwise increasing the size of the ship to 900 or more meters (at which point 3 would be the average hangar size). There is a blurb about this at the top of the Starship template, which elaborates specifically on cruisers. I'll throw in a screenshot of that for reference purposes:
59210b9b8fac6b25bc4aa02ba4684d67.png

[member="Nadja Keto"]

Sorry, when I plugged it into the Ship Guide Excel sheet and this guide i had to pick 800 or 700. I just rounded it to 800 because math, which spat the stats saying 3 was average.

Edited to 2 squadrons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom