Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maynerd Traycawlt

Been writing the boy for just over a year now (WHAT??) and he quickly became one of my favorite stories to explore BUT, NATURALLY, I am curious what the take on him is. Where is he interesting, where is he not, etc, etc certainly as he's risen in INFAMY as a NEW JEDI WAR CRIMINAL. Thoughts???

710947647003033719.png

Maynard is solid, no cap. Great overall development so far, and he's got room for so much more growth thanks to your dope writing and the solid cast of folks to help him grow even more. My only gripe is the fact that him and Luc aren't BEST FRIENDS yet.

But ya, imo he's probably my fav character you write for sure. Homie is a true king and I'll keep follow the boy's story till he finally gets retired.

:racecar: :anakin: :blonde_hair_woman: :dash: :dash:

Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Maynard has definitely seen a lot of development from post one to now. Considering you initially created him to write starfighter RP from an X-Wing, his transitioning into a full-blown Jedi General was definitely an excellent line of growth. He has fundamental, tangible weaknesses that play into his character, which is also super cool. His shift from a lone wolf figure to someone who relies on his family, only to fall back into the weaker point of where he started once the thing he loved most was taken away, is also very cool. It plays to said character's weaknesses and makes a believable human. I love that sort of thing in a character, given how boring the STANDARD_TEMPLATE_JEDI actually is to read. He experiences his emotions and often fails to work through them, as someone with real, tangible trauma would do.

I think Maynard's biggest "weakness" as a character stems from the writer. You have a specific range you write—war general. There's nothing wrong with that. I mean, we're writing in Star Wars. I think if you challenge that range and try and push Maynard in a direction that's focused less on the theme of WAR_GENERAL, and maybe somewhere else, you'll discover more about the character and round him out. It doesn't have to be a Jedi. It could be a family man arc or something. By sticking to your norm, I believe Maynard remains a static character, someone who acts as a foil to people like Ryv, who see more dynamic growth in their personal stories. I believe Maynard is a character who should be DYNAMIC. There is a lot of room for this character to flourish beyond the typical, and I'd like to see that happen.

Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom