Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maws!

{1}​
Objective: Figure Out What in the Hell is Going On​
Allies: All Non-Space Monsters​

Alema had been sent to the remote system to add a little oomph to the Empire’s efforts to crush the spice trade that still, mockingly, made use of the spacedock. It turned out that order didn’t immediately follow in the wake of conquest. Order, like so many other things, was not a naturally occurring phenomena. It was artificial. It had to be imported to new systems. Established, and carefully maintained. The Inquisitors knew well that Alema carried a special place in her heart for rooting out spice smugglers, traffickers, and the otherwise vile criminal scum which lurked in the reaches of space. It had been this devotion to the implementation of order far from the traditionally civilized regions of space that had drawn the young Twi’lek to the Empire.

“I’m am sorry to hear that,” she responded to the man locked in the force cage before her. While the administrative sector further up were nice and plush, and the civilian sectors of the station were crowded and lively, the small prison complex- used mostly to hold suspected smugglers or stowaways found on the incoming or departing vessels. Occasionally the cells would also be used to hold a particularly troublesome element from the surface that was awaiting execution. The man who currently was pleading her case to the blue woman was a smuggler she had caught after convincing his supplier to flip on him. “You should have considered the potential repercussions for your son when you took up this line of work. You destroy lives. You rip families apart. Not directly, maybe, but your distance doesn’t make you any less responsible. Don’t worry, after your execution, I’m sure that the Empire will take good care of your children. We’re in the business of building, not destroying.” Her voice was stern but not entirely unsympathetic. People were naturally inclined to disorder, but his punishment would teach countless others that, at least in Imperial space, actions had consequences.

He had opened his mouth to respond when the entire station shook violently, were it not for her finely honed reflexes, she would have been knocked to the ground like the man and other prisoners had been. Elsewhere in the station, she could hear the terrible groaning of metal being torn. She exhaled slowly, trying to center herself. Torn metal meant breaches, and breaches meant the vacuum of space. The sound seemed to be coming from the civilian portions of the station and that meant terrible, terrible loss of life. If the integrity of the station was in danger, she needed to get the vulnerable- the civilians- to the protected inner portions of the station. She moved quickly towards the blast doors, relying on her access codes to open them into the civilian promenade only to be almost immediately assaulted by massive flying creatures. Alema jumped back in shock and ignited her saber, with a push, she sent herself jumping over the strange creature, her blue blade slicing through its head and down its spine as she landed. It fell dead, severed at her feet as he turned her attention back to the civilian corridors.

“This way, come on,” she shouted to the people being assailed by the flying creatures. Those not currently under attack sprinted towards the open door and she launched herself towards those who were cowering, defending from attacks by the winged creatures. She moved with rapid speed, making simple slices against the distracted beasts’ wings and leaving them to crawl wildly on the floor, grabbing those she could and forcing them towards the blast doors and yanking those out of her grasp with the Force to direct them to the same. She had no idea what had transpired or where these beasts had come from but she didn’t have time to reflect on that. She rescued a few more stragglers before being forced to retreat and seal the blast door behind her. It had only just closed when the station lurched again and primary power went out, alarms began to wail suggesting the station was hurling towards the planet. “Never a boring day,” she grumbled to herself, she turned to the civilians, “stay here, it’s the safest place for you. Don’t release the prisoners, they’re dangerous men.” She spotted the brown uniform of a custom official and pointed to him, “he’s in command here, follow his lead and you’ll make it out of this alright. I’m going to go figure out what, precisely, is going on here.” She left and sprinted further into the inner corridors of the station, leaving the prison block and emerging in the red carpeted luxury of the administrative sectors, with the power outage, everything was bathed in a gentle blue light being cast off of her saber. Now to see if someone knew what was happening here.

Iturizu Yuvie

Be carfule what you wish for
To say the Twi'lek doctor was mentally unstable was an underestimation, that look in their eyes was that of pure psychopath, she could only imagine what sort of twisted past they had to endure if the resulting personality was this. Though it seemed to only come to light during extremely stressful circumstances she never want someone capable of such action near her ever, for now though the group had to keep pressing forwards to save the ever descending station before they too were goners.

Things didn't get easier once the light went out, "Ill keep the light source active and watch for more of those things, you more important people search for the terminals". This was partially true, she was one of the few people who was capable of predicting when the monster would ram or other attack, as such keeping on guard was the most beneficial way to help the progression of the mission, though that was not the whole reason. With this little breather from combat she could feel the presences of another force user, this one being a grey user, not dark though slightly light, a person who could be compassionate.

Said force signature was not to far away, an was on the move, were they coming to their location or just trying to accomplish their own goals, wither way it was another thing to keep track of. Looking around it appeared as though everyone was fanning out in search of a way to restore backup power.

[member="Alema Valla"]
[member="Labkahip Mordulla"]
[member="Frevik Margos"]

{2}​
Objective: Figure Out What in the Hell is Going On​
Allies: All Non-Space Monsters​

She continued down the corridors, her saber providing her all the light she would receive. She had encountered a few people, officers mostly- more accustomed to logistics than to battle. She had inquired as to what, precisely, was going on but they claimed that the station was under attack by some sort of ‘monster’ which made no sense at all. She hadn’t believed in monsters since she was a little girl, and even then her father had assured her there was no such thing. She concluded they were simply breaking in the face of a large attack, and directed them to the prison block to keep order among the civilians she had allowed in. In the back of her mind she felt… something. She wasn’t certain what, the Force seemed only to speak to her in frustrating whispers, but she got the sense that someone or something was nearby, whatever it was it was powerful.

“Probably more rebels,” she sighed, slowing down her pace. She had hoped she’d bump into someone useful by now and she didn’t have the stamina to sprint forever, especially not after that last engagement. There were few things she disliked more than fighting multiple opponents simultaneously, and while these winged creatures lacked the intellect to surround her strategically, her fighting style was too acrobatic to be sustainable when faced with multiple opponents. Something she still needed to work on, “but we’ll handle that after these rebels.”

She rounded a corner and stopped suddenly at the sight before her. A woman, with pale green skin, no older than Alema was herself judging by appearances, stood before her. But that was not what had made the Twi’lek stop, instead, it was the crimson glow and gentle hum of the woman’s lightsaber that had startled her. She didn’t know of any other Inquisitors on the station, and she didn’t recognize this woman regardless. There was a clash of blue and red light as their two light sources clashed on the walls and floor, the red and blue light doing battle as the two women regarded each other.

“Woah there,” she said quietly, disengaging her own weapon in an effort to ensure that there were no misunderstandings of intentions. “Alema Valla,” her voice was guarded but polite as her mind raced through the possibilities. Perhaps it was not the rebels who were assailing them here, but one of the Sith factions. That was conceivable, the Sith were blinded by their ambition and could be just as bad as any rebellion. “I’m an Imperial Inquisitor,” she checked the room and noticed the woman’s companion. One was another of her own kind, a rare sight in Imperial space, though her lab coat was splattered with blood and she, herself, seemed like she’d seen better days. The attack must have been taking its toll. Also present was a man who she barely recognized as an Imperial, she’d seen his photograph when being briefed about her assignment here, but his name and occupation escaped her now. With such an odd trio, it seemed as though they were likely as lost as she was, her thoughts transitioned back to the Rebellion as the most likely attackers here. She spoke again to her fellow Force user only a short distance away. “I was hoping someone around here could tell me what is happening on this station. I walked outside a corridor and was nearly killed by some ugly flying creatures. Is it the Rebellion? Vengeance for Scarif and Bothawui?”

@Iturizu Yuvie
@Labkahip Mordulla
@ Frevik Margos

Prepare for your... examination.
Upon entering the room the adrenaline rush started to subside, added with the now dark room and quietness her senses started to come back, leaning up against the wall she proceeded to do some breathing experiences to calm down, slowly but surely the psychotic tendencies subsided. Regaining a proper bearing, her normal more friendly a educated demeanor came back, rubbing a hand on her head she silently muttered to herself, "that was not a pretty sight". With the power off most of the stabilizes holding the ship up were most likely down, reducing the already slim time frame a bit more, if the miners horror decided to make another ram they could pretty much kiss their lives goodby.

Bringing up her scanner she proceeded looked around the area fro any terminals, the heads up display detailing different things about the surroundings, observing the area her attention was brought to a new addition to the group. A Twi'lek wiling a blue light-saber came around the corner, stopping suddenly at the sight of the Mirilan woman, most likely due to the red blade, it was common knowledge that most force users didn't get along. The prospect of a fight breaking out slightly subsided when the introduced them-self as an Imperial Inquisitor. Though not being readily experience dealing with force uses, the choice of the Twi'leks blade seemed a bit off, didn't those serving the Empire using crimson blade like the Sith?, or was this one an infiltrator, one that tried to get into Jedi controlled areas?

She decided to not interfere for now, the Mirilan woman seemed to be a fairly reasonable person, so the chances of the two getting into a fight were low, in the mean time she continued to scan the area for a terminal capable of resting power, but kept a eye out just in case thing went south. That was until they asked what was going on, being the most familiar with the creature attacking she though it necessary to answer said question. "The station is currently being eaten and ripped apart by a 'miners horror', a space beast the size of a capital ship, it appears to be in a feeding frenzy going straight to the core of the station", "Its last ram knocked the station into a collision course for the planet surface, we need to restore main power and fire the orbital thruster's to get it back in a stable orbit, think you can help"?

(OOC to tag other user type @person name, or clilck the @mention icon below the prof pic)
[member="Alema Valla"]
[member="Iturizu Yuvie"]

Iturizu Yuvie

The tingle in the force indication the person approach became more prominent, as such she decided to wait for them, but being ready just in-case said person was some sort of Jedi lapdog. As they turned the comer a female Twi'lek breaing a blue saber came into view, from the look on their face it was probably safe to assume she was shocked by Iturizu's presence, in preparation for combat she brought her saber to the side taking a slight form 2 stance, but lowered her gauged when the Twi'lek disengaged their saber.

Maybe they didn't want to fight and were just trying to get out alive same as them, fortunately any misunderstanding's were cleared up when the saber wielding Twi'lek they introduced themselves as an Imperial Inquisitor. Not having anything to really respond with, she allowed the woman to keep talking. It was a bit surprising that the did not know what was happening to the station, the force signature from the massive beast was very prominent, though the 'inquisitor' might have been to busy to actually take notice of it yet. The Twi'lek doctor, which thankfully able to regain popper scene of themselves, explained the situation. Before the Twi'lek could respond she approached her, a bit curious of their back-ground, "I'm Iturizu, a follower of Sith teaching, but tell me, since when did the Empire start recruiting Jedi into their ranks, and an inquisitor non the less".

Though having a slight distant for Jedi and some Sith, if they were a force user dedicated to keeping control no matter the cost and making sure criminals got what they deserved, it didn't matter what side of the force they associated with.

[member="Alema Valla"]

{3}
Objective: Confront Whatever the Hell This Thing Is
Allies: All Non-Space Monsters

Alema’s heart hastened as the other Force user raised her saber and prepared for combat, making it all the more pressing that she communicate her intentions quickly. She disengaged her saber and was pleased to see that the woman across the small space seemed to be just as relieved. Especially after she introduced herself as an Inquisitor. She was amazed at how effectively that title seemed to help her navigate Imperial space. Say you’re an Inquisitor and doors just seemed to open. With the thread of combat no longer imminent she was able to reach out with the Force and discovered that the woman before her, to her surprise was not the presence she felt. Of course, the Force seemed to speak more in whispers than in words, it was cloudy, hazy, and all she could be certain of was that there was someone or something present nearby. She listened to the woman’s statements with narrowed eyes, she wasn’t certain if the woman was trying to provoke her into a conflict or was just asking a genuine question.

"I'm Iturizu, a follower of Sith teaching, but tell me, since when did the Empire start recruiting Jedi into their ranks, and an Inquisitor non-the-less.”

“I’m afraid I can’t answer that question very well,” she responded, deciding to give a good faith answer even though the woman’s intentions were unclear. “I’m no Jedi and I wasn’t recruited. I volunteered. Also, I’m not in Inquisitorial Recruitment, though if you’re looking to sign on, I’m sure I can put you in touch with the right people.” She nodded, as if concluding an argument in her own mind she added, “you should consider signing on. The Empire stands for justice, peace, and order. Those are ideals that unite all life. Or at least, they should be.” She turned her attention to her fellow Twi’lek, it was always good to see someone from the old planet.

"The station is currently being eaten and ripped apart by a 'miners’ horror,' a space beast the size of a capital ship, it appears to be in a feeding frenzy going straight to the core of the station. Its last ram knocked the station into a collision course for the planet surface, we need to restore main power and fire the orbital thrusters to get it back in a stable orbit, think you can help?"

“You have got to be kidding me.” She sighed, she wasn’t much of a scientist, nor was she a spacefarer- in fact, space travel had a tendency to make her feel a little queasy if she was in a tiny vessel. Part of the reason she wasn’t a pilot, plus, traveling in the Imperial Star Destroyers was a much better way to look stylish. “Okay,” she said as she finished processing the Twi’lek’s words. “Miners’ Horror, huh?” That made more sense than she cared to admit, the presence she could sense had a distinct hunger about it. “It’s after the metal, the minerals, right?” She sighed. “Okay…” she paused. “It doesn’t take four people to turn on the lights,” she stated matter-of-factly, “stopping the station is important, but it’s a secondary objective. Who knows how much this monster will destroy before it’s stopped. Hundreds, thousands of lives are at risk- the Empire’s first devotion is to its citizens.”

She pondered for a moment, there was a ship in the hanger full of refined Exonium- it was on the verge of being dispatched to fuel the Imperial war machine when she had detained it. It was being used to smuggle spice right under the Empire’s nose on the side. “I’m going to go kill that thing.” She turned to the Executive, “I’m sorry we have to meet under these circumstances, sir, I’m Inquisitor Valla. I recognize you from my mission dispatch, you clearly know the station- if we’re going to keep it in orbit, you’ll be critical.” She turned next to the Sith, “and if he’s critical that means he’ll need protection and given that you have a lightsaber you seem like a good choice.”

She then turned to the white-coat, “I’m going to take that beast out- you clearly know the most about it and I think you’d be a big help if you’d care to come along- us Twi’lek girls have got to stay together, right?” She waited only a minute before she added, “It’s not a suicide mission, I have a plan. I don’t have time to expand now- are you coming?”

Iturizu Yuvie

“I’m afraid I can’t answer that question very well,” “I’m no Jedi and I wasn’t recruited. I volunteered. Also, I’m not in Inquisitorial Recruitment, though if you’re looking to sign on, I’m sure I can put you in touch with the right people.” “you should consider signing on. The Empire stands for justice, peace, and order. Those are ideals that unite all life. Or at least, they should be.

It made sense that she wasn't a Jedi from their force signature, though someone not being a dark-sider and at the same time being part of an empire that was, from her knolwdge bases of the Old Sith empire was slightly amusing and ironic. She would consider here offer seriously. The Empire valued law for the whole galaxy, and unlike the Sith faction cared about its subjects and those not gifted with the force had the ability to achieve greatness for themselves, something that strengthen the regime and allowed for greater diversity in the government. "That is a generous offer, when we get out of this mess ill make sure to hold you to that.

Standing to the side she allowed the scientist to speak their mind, before listening to the inquisitors slightly erratic answering, but decided not to speak for the time being, allowing the scientist to add her own response, though even without a huge amount biology knowledge the monster would probably try and eat the entire ship given the time. “I’m going to go kill that thing.”. This got a slightly shocked look from her, what possible method could she have for killing such a monster, but then again the Twi'lek probably had a extensive knowledge of the station and probably had a plan, and she got a sneaking supiion it might involve blowing something up, if memory sever correctly the station doubled as a mining station, 'dammit what type of mineral was volatile again'.

Her attention was brought back to the inquisitor at her order/request, "you can count on me, if it means saving the station ill do what ever is required, just don't get yourself killed with this 'plan' of yours", It wasn't that she doubted the plan, it was just probably very dangerous. Looking at the director she gave a nod awaiting his instructions, by now his guards should have located a back up terminal, and if it was damaged she had good technical skill.

[member="Alema Valla"]

"Unfortunately I am not, jokes have never really been a strong suit of mine", The look on the Twi'leks face indicated a lack on knowledge on the current topic, or perhaps they were just trying to take in all the information she sort of spat out all of a sudden, then again time wasn't really a commodity they could spar, getting all the information across and acting was the main priority.

"The 'miner horror' is a deep space creature that can hibernate for hundreds of year", she answer they questions, or more statement posed the Twi'lek, the more she knew the better. "Yes it would be after richer metals, ores and power sources of any kind". Each answer she gave seemed to induced exasperated action from the other Twi'lek, "If given enough time the monster would most likely eat. destroy the entire station and any ships close enough, but at this rate we will burn up in the atmosphere before that happens".

Despite the last comment the inquisitors resolve didn't falter, and they seemed rather stoked to put a plan into motion, while they talked with the other member she grabbed the several item from the container in hand, placing them all in a secure location on the belt and in the coat, moving fast would be a priority. I’m going to take that beast out- you clearly know the most about it and I think you’d be a big help if you’d care to come along- us Twi’lek girls have got to stay together, right?” She waited only a minute before she added, “It’s not a suicide mission, I have a plan. I don’t have time to expand now- are you coming?”.

She wasn't sure if to be amused by the Twi'leks comment or just quizzical, for some one who was not sure on the situation, they sure had done a 180 in the personality department. "I'm ready when you are, and if need be i am an able pilot, i think i have an idea of what you might be planning" from certain examples in the environment such a creature was only vulnerable from the inside, and as such that would be its one week point, if a something with immerse power could reach an important organ on the inside, causing massive internal damage could hypothetically kill the beast, or keep it away from the station long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

[member="Iturizu Yuvie"]
[member="Alema Valla"]

[SIZE=11pt]{4}[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Location[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]: Rishi Aurek[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Objective: Get to the Armory[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Allies: [/SIZE]Iturizu Yuvie, Labkahip Mordulla
[SIZE=11pt]"You can count on me, if it means saving the station I’ll do whatever is required, just don't get yourself killed with this 'plan' of yours.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I’m only an Initiate myself,” [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]she admitted, there was a gleam of determination in the Twi’lek’s eyes, [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]“but if you help save this station, I’ll put in a good word for you with my Instructor.” [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]She turned to the Twi’lek and gestured for the woman to join her. There wasn’t time to be wasted, the station’s shaking became a little more intense as it was pulled ever faster towards the planet. She smiled at the woman’s cautionary advice and shrugged, [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]“the life of an Inquisitor is a life of sacrifice. Keep the executive alive, and try not to let yourself be eaten by whatever those things in the hall were.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]She began moving quickly back towards the corridor she had entered from, taking the Twi’lek with her and listening to what the woman was saying- the information would prove invaluable. Suddenly, she realized that there was another opportunity to be exploited and turned back to the executive and Sith, [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]“also, you can use the main generator to stabilize the orbit, but after that, switch to secondary power. We’re going to dump the main power core.” [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]With that she departed, able to turn her full focus on the Twi’lek following in her. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]“You can fly? Well then, we’re going to get along just fine then. And here I was afraid that I was going to have to take the helm,” [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]she shook her head at the thought of it. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]“I’d probably do more damage than the monster.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Alema, as a Force User, enjoyed certain advantages- namely, she could refresh herself of stamina more rapidly than one could hope to naturally. She also had a relatively good grasp on the layout of the station, allowing her to take corners rapidly and never having to slow down. However, she needed her new associate alongside her and thus was having to slow herself to ensure the woman didn’t get behind. She needed to move to the armory aboard the station, but that was several levels up. A thought occurred to her suddenly and she turned, igniting her saber and thrusting it into the wall beside them and beginning the slow process of cutting through the durasteel wall. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“I don’t think I asked your name,”[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] she added as she put her strength behind the hilt, moving slowly through the wall, “I’m Alema. I wish we could have met under better circumstances. It’s good to see another Twi’lek,” she turned her eyes back to the task at hand. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]“Now you’re obviously the smart one here so I’ll run by what I’ve concocted thus far. First, we need to get to the armory, it’s a few levels above us in the barracks section of the station. Once we’re there, we’ll need to gather some supplies; a detonator, some explosives, and a telemetry droid. It seems that, at the moment, the creature’s first objective is to eat the power core. We’ll eject it with the telemetry droid. Hopefully the big fish goes for the bait and we can use the droid’s data to map the creature’s interior which will give us a working knowledge of things like where its critical organs are likely to be.” [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]She retrieved her saber and delivered a kick to the wall which caused a portion of the wall the size and rough shape of a door to fall far down into a pitch-black void before an eventual clang could be heard as it hit the bottom. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]“This is going to go a lot faster if we go directly, but with the power out, the lifts are down. So, let’s climb. You wouldn’t happen to have any gadgets to make this easier, would you?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And with that she jumped into the black void, reaching out and grasping the cabals utilized by the station lifts which allowed more rapid transit between levels. The blue blade of her saber hummed to life, providing both women a better view of the shaft. She plunged her saber into the cable above her and continued to climb, careful not to make too large of a cut and sent them both plummeting to their deaths. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]“If you fall, I’ll catch you.” [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]She said to assure the Twi’lek in case she was suffering doubts. [/SIZE]

As the inquisitor addressed the other's and responded to the Sith lady she made certain all her tools were in working order, and proceeded to activate the radar on her scanner. The probability of running into the Mynock hybrids was high, and splitting up drastically reduced their combat capability drastically, though if they could stay in the undamaged section, such an issue would be nullified. She gave a slight snigger at the inquisitor at their comment about flying, though such a comment was a bit surprising "I would have assumed that a prerequisite skills for being an inquisitor would include being able to pilot a ship"? though to be honest the new empire was still in its early days compared to the other faction around, so maybe they were recruiting for numbers to bolster the imperial ranks.

As the pair continued deeper into the station it was clear that her, physical fitness was lacking a bit more than she had originally though. The inquisitor was trying to slow down allowing her to catch up, but the rate at which they ran was still tiring, “Got to start excising more”. In the brief time, nothing was attacking them, the inquisitor as they were making another, entrance, asked for her name. “Hu oh my name, I’m Labkahip Mordulla, I know my names a slight pun, but I think it reflects my intellect”.

Watching the Twi’lek they continued their incision into the wall she contemplated the plan, “It is sound hypothesis, the only intangible is if the best does not ram the station again, and yes I do have a gadget for such, circumstances”. Raising her arm, she fired off a grappling cable from one of Mandalorian wrist blaster the cable reaching the a few levels up, becoming tight before pulling the reasonable light scientist up. If you don’t have the skills, make an alternative”, a slight smirk ran across her face as she passed the inquisitor before reaching her goal aiming for another ledge on which to grapple to. “How many levels are we to climb before reaching our location”?

[member="Alema Valla"]

[SIZE=9pt]“Ha,” [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]she scoffed at the assumption, [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“I think the folks who go through the Academy do receive some training in piloting, but I never enrolled in the Academy and thus, skipped the piloting lessons.”[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] They continued to move through the halls and another sentiment slipped into her mind, [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“also, I’m not exactly considered an excellent Inquisitor.”[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] She considered for a moment the doctor’s bloodied lab coat and generally disheveled appearance, though under the circumstances it seemed reasonable. Still, she could feel through the Force something… unusual. But for the most part she was distracted by the Force presence of the massive beast circling the station. [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“Nice to meet you Labkahip,”[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] she said with a soft smile on her face- surprised by the woman’s self-assurance. [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“If this isn’t an opportunity to show that intellect of yours, I’m not sure what is,”[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] her voice carried a well humored tone in spite of the circumstances. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“Right,” [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]she said, [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“well it seems the creature is attacking the station in an effort to reach the core, my hope is that by ejecting it, we’ll at least encourage him to stop ramming the station and hopefully he’ll go after the core rather than continuing to slam into populated areas.” [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]She smiled as the woman moved up the shaft, obviously she had come well prepared and she certainly was adept at finding creative solutions. [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“The armory is about twelve levels up, but we’re going to have to climb back down to get to the core. When everything is said and done, you’ll have completed a nice little work out today.”[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] she shouted up to the woman who, at this point, was moving far more quickly she was. Unfortunately, they encountered a stopped lift, forcing the scientist to wait while Alema arrived and cut through the floor and then forced upon the lift hatch, allowing them to continue their climb. [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]“So tell me, how is it that you’ve come to find yourself here of all places? Are you looking to join the Empire’s medical division?” [/SIZE]

Her assurance of skill was more of a joke then boasting, but jokes were never really her thing, it seemed as though the inquisitor had taken what she acutaly meant as a serious question, about the fight school, and had interpreted that as a joke instead, 'I must get a better understanding of arcasim and joke making'.

"Well maybe it would be easier to show my skills in a more practical scene then doing things that are usually outside my area of expertise, but i guess it does not hurt to add more skills to my resume". The climbing was quick and effective, and lab was able to make several note during he assent upwards, not really having anything to add in. Once they had stopped at the suck elevator she took in the propitiation made by Valla while answering her posed questions.

"I am a traveling doctor of sorts, I lend my services to those willing to pay, I get a decent amount of work as I'm not for profit and subsequently do not charge as much as other doctors, while still retaining the same skill level, I was on the station attending to a merchant wanting a quick detox from some elicit substances." Mabye the mentioning of drugs was not the best thing to say around the inquisitor, she'd probably respond with 'why didn't you turn him in and so fourth, but she had been promised a rather large 'donation'.

"As for joining the Empire, it seems like a good opportunity and although I know 'this' empire is different from the last, I'm personally not a fan of Sith and the 'other' methods used by the empire to keep order, as well as some reports on slaver, but I'm not sure if those are correct". The last peaces of metal melted away and soon a nice manhole was made for the two.

"Though I will keep your offer in mind if i ever think of settling down".

[member="Alema Valla"]

[SIZE=11.5pt]“A traveling doctor,” Alema commented, impressed. “That’s a very noble profession,” [/SIZE]she said as she offered the woman a hand to help pull her out from the roof of the elevator. “And not attempting to turn a profit either? Quite the humanitarian,” she glanced up. “Not much further now,” and resumed her climb. She laughed as the woman mentioned her purpose on the station, “I bet you wish you had stayed home,” she responded, humored. “Hopefully the merchant has learned that spice doesn’t pay, you know what they say; spice- not even once,” her voice was a little more serious, though not confrontational. Her thoughts drifted back to the nightmare that recovery from addiction was. It nearly made her shiver. Terrible process, that. “There’s a couple of addicts in the holding cells right now actually,” she said as she continued her climb. “If you’ve got anything you could give them to ease their withdrawal, I’m sure I can see to it that you’re compensated.”

[SIZE=11.5pt]Alema came to a halt in her climb, looking from the central rail over to the wall where a heavy door was closed. She took a deep breath and steadied herself, here we go, and then- propelled by the Force, leapt from the central beam towards the door. Her lightsaber sang as it came to life and was plunged into the top of the small crevice between the two doors, her weight and gravity bringing the blade through, slicing the doors open as their metal was reduced to liquid. Through the Force, she willed the doors open and pulled herself into the corridor behind it. She turned back to the doc and motioned for her to join along. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]“I couldn’t agree more,” the woman said in response to the Twi’lek’s comments about the Sith after she was safely in the hallway beside her. “The Sith are more interested in butchering their way through the galaxy in a delusional quest for power than they are in protecting the people.”[/SIZE] She was moving quickly through the corridor, it looked different in the dim, red emergency lighting as main power was offline. “The Empire isn’t the cartoonish hive of villainy that groups like the Galactic Alliance would have you believe. I mean, sure, some Inquisitors summon the so-called Dark Side to fuel their power, but there’s nothing inherently evil with one Force ability as opposed to another. That’s just Jedi propaganda.” Her thoughts drifted back to the Galactic Alliance, the supposed beacon of democracy in the galaxy. She’d heard they’d fired on aid workers from the First Order all in the name of freedom. Freedom didn’t look like shooting down ships full of civilians, at least it didn’t to Alema. “And the Empire hasn’t gotten around to quashing slavery, but it’s not used by the Empire directly and if I ever get the opportunity to talk to the Grand Moff, I’m sure he’d agree that the entire institution is a horror that must be eliminated. Sure, the Empire isn’t perfect, but it is the best place right now, where the natural depravity of people is best contained.”

[SIZE=11.5pt]She forced open a blast door that separated them from the military quarter of the station. As the door opened, countless of the winged beasts appeared, thrilled at the concept of release, startling Alema as she fell back, bringing her saber to bear against them. There were dozens, easily, flooding around like a living tornado. “We need to get to the third door to the right,” she called out, slashing at the beasts, attempting to protect both herself and the doctor. [/SIZE]

Reaching their destination Lab grabbed onto the base of the door as Alema motioned, for her to come up, "I may be able to help with the detox problems you are facing, if said people are still alive after this incident, and come to think of it my skill may be more useful caring for those injured in this attack".

The duo had climbed quite a bit, Labs wrist grappling hook really coming in handy, being rather glad she had bought them even if fighting did not seem like a future occurrence. The inquisitor blade, illuminating and giving the scientist a nice show, the aspect of the force and how it works was always something slightly unfathomable, but the again viewing everything from a scientific stand point tended to do that.

The hall had a scary fell to it, looking like something out of a horror holo film, the two Twi'leks continuing towards their location, still discussing political topics. "I myself have never viewed the empire as bad, in fact they seem much more humain and loving than the Siths ruled empire, even the FO, though I am slightly confused with the empire siding and allying them selves with such people, though I guess compromises must be made to get the empire back up on its feet".

"Though behind all propaganda there is some truth, the Empire would not have such a reputation with the core worlds if it was as lighthearted as you make it to be, but then again in war honesty is the first casualty" Their conversation came to a halt ad a blast door was open, more winged creatures coming out, Alema was quick to dispatched few while Lab used her scanner to effectively target and shoot a few, she was not really a good shot without help.

"We need a rout of lest displacement and resistance from other elements, preferably one still sealed off from other section, but with few blast doors and other security measurements".

[member="Alema Valla"]

“Oh really,” Alema shouted over her blade and the blaster fire and the cries of dying and attacking beasts, “yeah,” she said clipping one of the creature’s wings. “Yeah, sealed off would be real nice right about now, unfortunately,” she lunged forward to impale one of the creatures, missing, her blade slid down its back, turning its spine into molten bone. “I think I’m a little preoccupied,” she turned and willed three creatures down, pinning them to the ground with the Force while she threw her saber, it speared each before mystically returning to her. It seemed the attack had been pushed back, at least for now. Which was good, her Force reserves were rapidly depleting. “Okay, the armory is right…” she took a step forward and saw a massive swarm of the creatures lurking further down the corridor. “I’m guessing that isn’t exactly what you had in mind by ‘security measurements’ is it?” She said with a nervous chuckle. The beasts seemed to finally take notice of her saber and it was as if the entire corridor came to life as scores upon scores of the beasts came rushing at the two women. “Never would have thought I’d go out like this,” she said with grim mirth, taking a fighting stance.

Abruptly, a quiet humming came to life in the station, growing louder and louder until it could be heard over the giant mynocks, and over the lightsaber, and over the blaster pistol. It was the sound of the main power being reinitialized. It would take some time before it fully reinitialized, but as the twin Twi’leks were currently in the military quarter of the station, they took priority. Lights came on, temporarily blinding both Alema and her flying foes. But then, with a pleasant whirl, ceiling tiles lowered to reveal automated turrets which locked on to the flying beasts and began firing. Through the section, and elsewhere where power had been restored, a loud, artificial voice rang out; “Unidentified Intruder Aboard, Please Proceed to the Nearest Designated Safe Area and Await Further Instructions.” The turrets fired until they smoked, and Alema assisted them, swinging and chopping at the handful of creatures that managed to make it past the automated station defenses. Rapidly, the creatures decided that this was not worth their efforts and retreated to find other prey.

“Talk about just in the nick of time,” Alema said, exhausted but upbeat. “I’m going to have to keep you around, good luck charm,” she said with a pleased smile on her face as she disengaged her blade. With overhead lights restored it was no longer useful, “guess they got the power back on. Now,” she said turning her attention to the hallway, “the armory should be…” despite her only just conclude work out, she jogged several meters down the corridor before stopping, “here.” She placed her hand on a sensor and it analyzed for a moment before responding in the same automated voice blaring overhead, “Welcome Inquisitor Valla.” The blast door turned and opened in recognition of her authority and revealed a considerable armory given the small size of the station. “The Empire’s finest munitions,” she said waving her hands to the inventory, “provided at a reasonable fee for all your space monster necessities.”

Imperial Security Bureau Agent Aldrenek Valen, and his team were refueling on the imperial station overlooking Rishi. While looking out into space the young agent saw a massive monstrosity approaching the station. He thought to himself Do my eyes deceive me? The rest of his team saw the huge beast approaching and braced themselves for impact. The agent fell back as the beast collided with the station sending him spiraling. When he awoke he saw his fellow agents slowly standing up, and shaking themselves off. The entire hangar was illuminated by astromech droid lights.

"Agent Valen are you alright sir," a brunette female agent said helping her lieutenant to his feet.

"I'm fine Agent Tess, how is the rest of the team."

"Fine sir, it seems the station has lost power, it appears our shuttle is out of commission."

The sound of blaster fire could be heard as stormtroopers fired into the dark void.

"What's going on over there?"

"Giant mynochs sir, they seem to have entered the station."

"Is that all agent?"

"We are slowly falling towards the planet sir?"

"Great, well we need to move to the weapon's locker, I don't think our blaster pistols will be enough to fend off these wretched creatures?"

Agent Valen kneeled to retrieve his EC-17 hold-out blaster pistol from his right boot holster. He also retrieved a small flashlight from his coat pocket and proceeded towards the hangar doors.

"They're locked sir, we are waiting for the station to restore the power so we can get out of here."

"I guess all there is to do is wait and hope those mynochs don't come any closer."

After what seemed like an eternity the main lights came back on and the hangar door opened revealing the war torn halls of the station. Dozens of bodies littered the floor. A mynoch was chewing on a crewman's head. Aldrenek aimed his pistol and blasted the creature in the head, killing it instantly. The flying beast fell to the cold steel floor, a giant burning hole sizzled in its cranium.

"Keep moving, the supply room is on the upper level, I don't want to risk another power outage so we will take the stairs." He said leading an entourage of ISB agents and stormtroopers.

The makeshift platoon soon found themselves on the upper level approaching the weapons locker.

KHbAXSm.jpg

"I am not sure if you are being sarcastic at the moment" she shot another blaster bolt into a mutant mynock head, the body falling to the ground, hitting another of its brethren along the way, which was dealt a quick blow to the head from her surgical saw. The fighting continued as more and more of the beast came out, blood any bodies everywhere, dead, so much death all again. "There are just soooooooooo many speciment ready for dicection", she bore a wicked smile as more came flooding in down the corridor as they made their way to the armory, but such a chance to real slaughter was cut of my the automated defenses.

"That was some nifty defense mechanism" She could think of several ways to use such tools for more precise work, though it seemed as though they had found the direction of the armory, and finally able to continue on there merry way, the station had a limited life expectancy which they had to keep in mind. Soon they reached to armory, stack and stack of munitions, probably several megatons of ordnance right here, enough to destroy almost anything, "ohh, this will do nicely". She started to look over the different munition and which ones would be more suited for the task at hand, proton weapons were high on the list.

Before she could make recommendation on what explosive to use her scanner came to life with approaching life signs, though theses were not the mynock, they appeared to be human, was it station security coming to load up on weapons to deal with the small creatures. "we have company, I think you may know how they are".

[member="Aldrenek Valen"] / [member="Alema Valla"]

[SIZE=11pt]{8}[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Location[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]: Rishi Aurek[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Objective: Incorporate New Arrivals[/SIZE]

“I’m sorry Doctor, what did you say,” Alema asked the woman after the swarm of mynocks had been mowed down by the powerful on-station defense mechanisms. The Twi’lek looked across the weapon’s locker to her counterpart, a stern expression on her face. “Listen, Doc,” her voice was heavy with skepticism and more than a small dose of confusion, “I don’t know if you’ve forgotten the situation, but we’re kind of in the middle of an alien assault on the station. We don’t, exactly, have time for dissections. Also, could you cut back on… um… that look?” She could feel strange senses coming from the woman, a faint whisper through the Force. If she was more skilled, perhaps she could have delved deeper into the woman’s emotions, but alas.

“Hey Doc,” she said, lifting her voice a little once the woman ran off into the armory, eager to examine the weapons, “listen, I need to know you’re in the right state of mind for this mission. You’re my pilot, but I understand if all this is a bit much for you. I’d rather find another pilot then have the one I’ve got suffer a mental breakdown half way through the mission. Why don’t you sit down over there and relax, take a few deep breaths? We’re safe with the automated security system online.”

Besides, she needed a few minutes to get the telemetry droid ready for launch. She went over to retrieve one of the droids, the locker requested an additional security clearance and so she ignited her saber and cut her way in. It only took a moment before she had the small droid in her hand, waking it up and downloading simple instructions into it. She picked up a mobile receptor to ensure that they’d be able to receive telemetry even after it had entered the monster. Of course, there were still several objectives before they got to the point of killing the ugly creature. “Doc, are you feeling better? I need a recommendation on which explosive to take. I think we’ll have to cart them down; I’d rather have too much than too little.” However, rather than answer the inquiry, she offered unsolicited information instead.

“We have company, I think you may know who they are.”

“Um… well, honestly Doc, that’s not what I’d worry about,” came the alien’s cautious reply. There was a detention block not too far away, and while the automated security system was active, it was not programed to target the detained. After all, they most were drunk and disorderly or import violations- not exactly hardened criminals. But that didn’t mean there weren’t dangerous men among them also. She deactivated her blade to avoid drawing too much attention and peered out, and then she spotted them. She’d recognize them anywhere, the short haircuts, the pristinely pressed black uniforms, the overly serious expression permanently chiseled on their faces, that thick air of arrogance which clung to them like generously applied cologne. The ISB.

She ducked back into the room, sighing heavily and rolling her eyes. Why couldn’t they be Stormtroopers? Why can’t it ever just be Stormtroopers? She turned back to the doctor, “I know them,” she confirmed, and signaled for the doctor to examine the explosives. She showed her hand before exiting the room into the hallway shouting “friendly” as she did so to ensure they didn’t blast her. “I’m Inquisitor Alema Valla,” she said to the gentlemen, rapidly identifying the commanding officer. What was it about ISB and working in groups? They must get lonely, she mused.

“Seems like you’ve brought quite the little gang, Special Agent. Good, we’re going to need to split up if we’ve any intention of getting off this station alive. Two of you should go figure out how to keep the station from crashing into the planet and restore our orbit, two of you need to take this droid I’ve been working with and get to the nearest hanger to shoot it off, three of you can stick with us and provide cover fire, and you,” she turned her attention to the Stormtroopers the man had brought with him along with the piolets, as she addressed them they came to attention, “sweep the station. With the automated defense system back online, you shouldn’t have too much trouble handling the last of these creatures, see to the civilian population. They’re your top priority. Oh, and you” she stopped and pointed at one of the piolets, “you can stay with us, we may need a backup pilot.” Her attention returned to the Special Agent, “and who do I have the pleasure of addressing?”

Labkahip Mordulla

Aldrenek Valen

"Special Agent Aldrenek Valen, " The human said with a sincere smile.

"You must be Inquisitor Initiate Amela, i've read about you in my date files. Please excuse my large entourage, we were trapped in a hangar for most of the attack. Let them gather weapons and ammunition, and they will be on their way. Agent Tess, and Pilot Cassius will remain with us."

The stormtroopers gathered weapons, and ammunition in a quick haste, and headed out. The other ISB agents followed suit, though they procured more specialized weapon such as E-22 blaster rifles, far more powerful than the standard E-11 carried by stormtroopers. The pilots picked out DLT-20As, the survival rifle stored in most TIE Fighters, and bombers. Cassius inspected the scope on his particular rifle. He tweaked a knob on the left side of the weapon to adjust the sight to his liking. He then reshouldered the blaster and saw it was to his liking; before inserting a blaster cell into the weapon, and charging the rifle.

ujm6f4w.jpg

The female agent like her counterparts picked out an E-22 double barreled blaster rifle. She fit a powercell into the rifle, and charged the weapon, and procured a handful of spare power cells. She had become familiar with the rifle while serving on Scarif alongside the colloquially called Shoretroopers. It was a lot easier to say than Coastal defender stormtrooper. She inspected the sight, and saw it fit her criteria, and looked over to her commanding officer.

LJz5rIt.jpg

"I hope its to your liking Tess." The Special Agent remarked with a smirk.

"Very much so sir," Tess replied with a flirtatious smirk of her own.

Aldrenek was no stranger to blasters, he was proficient in every projectile weapon in the room. His eyes scanned for a familiar tool he had made use of in the past. His eyes finally glanced over behind Alema to find a DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle. He walked to it trying to conceal his excitement, very much like a toddler. The Special Agent picked up the heavy blaster, and shouldered the four foot monstrosity. He finally let a smile form as he aimed down the sights. Finally, Aldrenek collected a dozen power cells, and inserted one into the side of the weapon, pulled back the charging handle, and tipped the barrel downward, with the stock pressed against his right shoulder at an angle.

zwGtO5U.jpg

"Well Inquisitor I believe we will make a very fine team." He said grinning.

Slowly but surely her stat of mind started to settle at the other Twi'leks request to sit down and take a beak, brething in and out trying to flush any bad thoughts out of her mind, 'berth in..... breath out....'. Such behavior from her was common any time she was very violent act or large amounts of death, it was a problem from being a student or a teacher who did horrible things in the so called name of science. 'i really need to see a therapist, hehe, a doctor having to see a therapist, ironic'.

Once called now enough she started to look though the explosive present, a proton war head was capable of taking out a star destroyer from the inside, though the best would most likely require more then one, and if so also be far enough away from the station to not cause any more collateral damage. She turned around to address the inquisitor but was cut short when several people entered the room, from their looks and what [member="Alema Valla"] said they must have been ISB agents.

She proceeded to give them orders while Lab kept sorting though the munitions, ignoring them as they took weapons and other equipment from the shelves, soon she came across several proton war head, perfect though maybe a nit overkill depending on the Miners Horrors insides. "I recommend two proton war heads, they have enough ordinance to destroy a star destroyer when well placed, even if one is enough to kill that monster we should bring two just in-cas".

"Now who were we going again and which ship were we taking", her brief moment of insanity made her almost forget the plan, she knew it involved dropping the main core out and letting the ship run on backup power, then flying a scanning probe inside followed by a hip rigged with explosive. But the methods of getting there still eluded her.

[member="Aldrenek Valen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom