Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Matters Of The Mirilian Kind (Acaadi)

Caedyn Arenais

C
Qy8wqbt.png

Kashyyyk, The Silver Rest.
Attn: Acaadi Acaadi

Er6tw3E.png

The responsibilities of a Jedi Knight were many, and while much of Caedyn's time had been filled with the mentoring of Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , it was through these times that he was not only reminded of his obligations to other students, but had been given a good deal of incentive to target one particular Mirilian, calling for Acaadi Tam via his commlink and requesting they meet together in the cafeteria over a cup of Caf (and whatever Acaadi preferred) so that they could better get to know one another and discuss a number of matters both personal and Jedi related.

As he seemed to be making a habit lately, Caedyn had arrived early and ordered himself a hot cup of stim-caf while he would await the Padawan's arrival. To pass the time, he held his Datapad in his right hand and figured it couldn't hurt to look over some documentation, taking some effort to ignore his curiosity over what Acaadi's personal file might tell of him. After that one particular morning incident, it was difficult for the Jedi Knight not to feel a certain amount of responsibility and obligation, perhaps even going so far as to admit that he had become a little protective of his Padawan (an aspect that he had to acknowledge as a Jedi). Even still, Caedyn didn't like to base first impressions off of anything but a face to face meeting and so as he had with Kyra, he had restrained himself from the lad's file.

On the other hand, there was plenty to busy himself with while he waited. There were a number of happenings across the Galaxy that left the Jedi Knight with a sour taste in his mouth. Not literally, the Caf was rather good...-The attacks against neighboring governments and the civil war between the Sith Imperialists however had more than sparked his interest. Ever moving, and ever chaotic was the nature of the Galaxy they lived within. Ever needing the presence of mature and responsible Jedi.

After several confusing conversations with Kyra this was a meeting that he wasn't looking forward to. He hoped, he hoped a very great deal, that it was to do with his training and absolutely nothing else.

Of the group of padawans that had started moving through the academy he has always thought he was one of the most robust. The last few months had highlighted a degree of his own overconfidence that had shattered in the face of some truly horrific events. He had been trapped in rubble with a ravenous pack of sith spawn, then kicked half to death by a group of dark side cultists.

It was as if the Force had decided he needed to be shown his limits. And then throw him hurtling past them.

As Acaadi stepped into the cafe he offered a nod and then made his way to the table.

" Caedyn Arenais ," he offered with a deferential nod.

Caedyn Arenais

C
As Acaadi Acaadi approached the table, the movement caught Caedyn's attention and he moved to stand in response, a gesture of welcome to the Padawan before extending a hand to the seat opposite his own; "Acaadi, thank you for coming" he smiled, relieved that the Mirilian had agreed to participate where as he had his suspicions Kyra Perl may have otherwise tried to talk him out of it.

"Perhaps you'd like to order yourself a drink?" Caedyn sought to double-check his own now empty cup and frowned, "Mine could certainly use a refill" he raised a hand to gesture to one of the service droids assisting the kitchen staff. Once they'd ordered their drinks, and perhaps some food if Acaadi so desired, Caedyn would await the droid's leave before turning his attention back on the Padawan himself.

"So..." He began, a pause quickly followed as though he hadn't properly considered how to begin. It didn't take him long to recover, however the feeling of the Padawan were a weighing factor on his mind only emphasized more-so through his experiences with Kyra herself. "I hope you don't mind but I felt it'd be good to get to know each other a little better. After the social that we held, I had wanted to speak with you more...-Though it didn't seem appropriate with so many others around us".

"How have things been going for you lately?" He asked, genuinely curiously; "Have you recovered fully since your run in with that occult?".

The panic was fairly apparent in his eyes at this line of questioning. Acaadi could have ordered his usual of a milkshake and an enormous slice of cake. In an effort to seem slightly more grown up he ordered a fruit juice.

"Doing well," he said, smoothing over the truth. "It's frustrating. When it's not as...quick as you would like."

He lowered his eyes, placing one hand over the other on the table in front of himself. The physical side was long passed. A young body and a lot of bacta had seen to that. Pushing himself back the debilitating anxiety that came with it was harder.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn nodded, looking to the rest of the room, the vast Cafeteria occupied in greater number by students than by those of Knights or Masters. "It has been noticeable, the shift in the atmosphere about the Silver Rest with the current on-goings of the Galaxy" Caedyn remarked somewhat somberly. More and more Jedi Knights were being drafted out into the Galaxy through a greater need of service and subsequently draining the tuition of students within their facilities whom relied on their experience for training and mentorship.

"Kyra did mention something about being left behind..." Caedyn added, glancing back to Acaadi Acaadi . Something about the look that he offered the Padawan hinted at an underlying meaning, more than words alone expressed. His Padawan's trust was not something Caedyn wished to lose, however he had quickly come to realize...-Or been forced into the revelation of how close the two of them were and if Acaadi was in a position to better assure her, then there was method to his madness. So to speak.

"Speaking of which, I suppose we should get the bantha in the room out of the way" he slowly leaned back into his chair, almost in resignation of the sentiment. "Obviously I found myself in something of an awkward position some weeks back. You understand what I'm talking about" Caedyn spoke with less confidence within his words than he'd have liked. "I'd be a hypocrite if I were to judge either of you. Most around here know more I'm involved with someone else...-You have nothing to worry about" he hoped the words would be somewhat reassuring.

"Just look after each other, and know you yourself can come to me if you need anything" he concluded, more effort being required in the choosing of his words, not wishing to upset Acaadi in any means, nor compromise whatever place he held in Kyra Perl Kyra Perl 's life.

Acaadi shrank really very small within his seat, tucking his elbows in close to his side. He had always been a rational thinker; he knew what Caedyn was saying was coming from a good place. It just made his toes curl into his boots so tightly he was certain they would poke through the soles.

"And maybe set alarms," he offered meekly. The corner of his mouth threatened to form a smile, but ultimately failed to follow through with the attempt at humour.

"How is Kyra getting on? As a student?" he asked suddenly, trying to deflect back away from himself, if only briefly. "She seems more...settled on being a jedi recently."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn snickered in response, Acaadi Acaadi 's attempt to sway the moment with humor not going amiss and rather something the Jedi Knight could appreciate. It wasn't a comfortable subject for either of the two and so he simply responded with a nod, leaving it there and instead focusing on the subject of his apprenticeship with Kyra.

"In most cases I probably wouldn't share details with a student, but you being close with her and striking me as a pretty responsible sort...-I suppose it couldn't hurt" Caedyn replied thoughtfully. Talking about someone else behind their back wasn't a habit he liked to play it, yet Acaadi and Caedyn both cared for Kyra Perl Kyra Perl and he knew there was no need to be concerned with the Lad.

"It was an interesting start, for both of us. Taking on a student is always bound to be a learning curve both for the Master and the Padawan, yet I'd never trained an Empath before and Kyra has a knack for taking everything I say and somehow turning it around on me if I'm not careful" he laughed softly despite the sentiment, Caedyn genuinely feeling enthused on the subject of his Padawan.

"She has great potential and eventually we seemed to have found a way that works for us as a team. She's bright and passionate, and I've got to say I'm thankful to have her as my Padawan" Caedyn smiled, glancing back to Acaadi.

"Feel free to give me some pointers though, if there's anything you can think of that I might need to know".

"Hah!" went Acaadi. As if he had any secrets to convincing Kyra of anything.

"I think maybe, sometimes I don't understand her as well as I'd like," he said. Acaadi looked down. That admission was straying into territory he didn't want to cover with her new master.

"But it's good. That she has a teacher. "I don't want her giving up on the Jedi and getting hurt."

There were so many sith out there. Going it alone didn't seem wise. Then again, he supposed her sisters were fine and he didn't think they had become jedi. Or had they? He didn't really ask about her family much.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn laughed softly, nodding in agreement with Acaadi Acaadi 's remark; "Kyra and I have managed to insult or frustrate each other more times than we've meant to...-Some times just trying to encourage her has ended up in her feeling insulted, hurt and yelling at me" he grinned, shaking his head and giving a roll of his eyes.

"I will say this, it hasn't been boring at all" he added, putting a positive spin on it. Things had changed for the better after-all since then. "Like I said, we had an interesting time getting to know one another, but I have no doubt in my mind she'll make a great Jedi Knight one day if she keeps at it".

"You can trust me when I say that I'm doing everything I can to support her" Caedyn offered Acaadi the sentiment, genuine truth in his desire and intent to see Kyra succeed in her career as a prospective Jedi Knight; "Of course, as a Jedi Knight myself I support all of our Students but Kyra being my direct responsibilities these days, I'm obviously going to be going the extra mile to do right by her".

"You're being there to support her makes all the difference too, Acaadi" Caedyn added, glancing back to him with a faint smile. "Anything I can do to support you, I'll do my best should you ask".

People found themselves swept up in her wake, he found. Caedyn probably would be too. She was a force of energy and he was just glad she had someone to help her direct it.

"I think she'll make a great jedi too," Acaadi agreed. He sat a little straighter in his chair. He didn't look quite like such a cornered animal.

"I'm...okay. I just need time." Acaadi grimaced. Admitting this to himself had been hard enough, let alone others.

"Accepting that my body was fine but that I still needed more time to recover was kind of like the start?"

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn nodded, offering Acaadi Acaadi something of a sympathetic half smile in acknowledgement of the progress he was making despite the serious nature of the attack he had suffered at the hands of the Sith Cultists he and Kyra had run into.

"You've been through a lot recently from what I understand...-I do hope you're not putting more pressure on yourself than is needed" he replied out of concern for the Milirian Padawan, feeling that sometimes the best way to recover was to do nothing and let time pass of it's own accord.

"Is there anything I can do for you at all?" He continued, "In terms of training or helping you to step into a specific area of focus? I am very aware that we have a large Student to Mentor ratio, it's important to me that no one is left behind.." Caedyn didn't outright say it but there was also the advantage of Acaadi being a trusted friend of Kyra's.

He wished to see the Mirilian looked after for the friendship and support that he offered his Padawan. Not in the sense of repaying a debt, but out of care for the two's relationship and his desire to support them both.

"I mean...I definitely was putting too much pressure on myself. That was the problem."

Acaadi wasn't certain it had stopped being the problem. At least it was a known problem. That was better than bashing against the invisible wall.

"If you had the time, I could do with some one to one lessons with the saber. That's if you had the time? It's just the group lessons..."

Acaadi had been ahead of the pack and now the group lessons felt more like helping the others than learning anything new for himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom