Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mastery Discussion on Vaudin Miir (IC)

OOC/ A good chunk of Vaud's threads were lost in the Crash a year and a half ago; most of the rest are found here.

IC/

It was that time again -- he'd asked the Masters to join him in the Red Shift Cantina aboard Rebellion Actual. Maybe some of them would have to call in by holocomm; Force knew they were a well-scattered bunch. He'd passed the word as to the subject of their discussion, and now he nursed his mug of lum in the corner booth.

Vaudin Miir had been his student for years; Jorus had knighted him when the One Sith were barely a gleam in Apparine's eye. He'd served as Senator of Iktotch for a long time, and secretly as custodian of the Baas holocron for almost as long. Was he ready to be called a Master? Jorus honestly didn't know. Vaud was a Forcer in what might be called Jorus' tradition, skilled with instinctive astrogation and associated skills, and private about what he could and couldn't do.

[member="Aaralyn Gyndar"] [member="Vaudin Miir"] [member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Chloe Blake"] [member="Kian Karr"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Xander Carrick"]

The blue shifting image of myself was visible in the bar. I sat in a chair from where I was at on Mandalore for my training to follow in the footsteps of my father.

As I sat here, I took a few sips of some water, and waited for the others to join in. I knew the man who was here was very respected among the Underground people. Seeing as how he had a personal relationship with the big man Jorus Merrill, I had to trust him already. However, I wanted to know more on how he thought and his processes on what he would likely do in situations according to the powers and abilities he has.

Sitting there, I simply waited as I sipped on my water.

Veino sat quietly at the corner of the table, having not yet departed again for parts unknown. This would be the first assignment as a Master, and it was odd. How could he tell if someone was ready for a promotion he only recently received? He would do his best, however, and bring what thoughts he could to the discussion.

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
[member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Veino Garn"] [member="Aaralyn Gyndar"] [member="Mia Monroe"] [member="Chloe Blake"] [member="Kian Karr"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

The sounds of the engines cooling down was a bitter sweet thing for the Iktotchi pilot. More and more often when he thought of a port for anything more than to fill his water, fuel and food storage he felt reluctant. Maybe it was his age, maybe the years of wild behavior and week long parties had lost its luster or maybe teaching Khaleel had taught him a thing or two as well, who could say. He ran his hand along the bulkhead as he walked off his ship the dull durasteel, chipped paint and scuffs, he knew every one of them. He had thought of an overhaul, maybe a remodel but after so long together he couldn't bare it.

His old calf high boots scuffed on the deck plates amd the rattle of their loose edges were more than just clanging to his ears. The sounds was a "be safe" when he left and a "welcome home" when he came back. His grey eyes were a lot less bloodshot than when he hooked up with the vagrant fleet years ago and they tended to wander less too.

He tossed a credit chip to the officer of the day and gave a lop sided grin as he made his way to meet one of his oldest friends. It was funny to think about now but most of his other associates were either dead or on the other side of the coin, so to speak. He made the expected smile and wink at the young lady waiting tables as he walked into the cantina, but if he was honest with himself he say he wasn't all that interested. He had been through hell...literally and after seeing the vong galaxy, Corellia break, and being enthralled to a pubescent drama queen...twice, well he felt he had a right to stick to freighters. He toss up a hand at Jorus and the folks sitting with him and walked over to straddle a chair before the barkeep sent over a tall glass of something dark and frothy.

"Good ta see ya Jor, gents." He gave a nod his horns nearly brushing his shoulders, "Sorry I'm late."

Kian arrived at the cantina for the second one of these meetings but it wasn't until Kian arrived that he knew who they were meeting to discuss. When he entered he walked over to the table that Veino sat at and settled in.

"Veino." Kian said bowing his head in a friendly manner and then scanned the others. [member="Vaudin Miir"] stood not far from him speaking with [member="Jorus Merrill"] and it occurred to Kian that this was likely who they were meeting to discuss. Kian couldn't say he knew the man particularly well, but he had seen some action with him on Manaan when the One Sith had struck the planet in a surprise invasion.

Glancing around some more, Kian saw [member="Xander Carrick"], who he only knew from the last one of these meetings. Kian nodded to him in greeting and sat back to see how things would proceed.

Chloe would come shuffling in, well worn and weary from her most recent trip out onto Esk. With a tired swagger, her soft but cheerful smile would shine on through the Underworlders to bring a warmth to faces she'd hadn't seen in a few weeks to months.

"Howdy, there," came her greeting, plopping herself down on a barstool and ordering a Juma Juice.

No whiskey this time around. Just something to quench the thirst and wet her whistle.

A glance went over to @Vaudin Mirr, and that smile grew wider. "How's it goin Vee?"

"Reckon you know what this is all about no?"

[member="Kian Karr"] [member="Vaudin Miir"] [member="Veino Garn"] [member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Xander Carrick"]

"Oh, and by the way," said Jorus, "in case any of us need talking points..."

He reached under the table and removed the sort of long flat hardcase you use for transporting a gun. He slid it onto the table and cracked the locks.

"Figured you should all get a chance to at least see'em, spend some time with'em if you want."

The case opened, revealing three large many-sided holocrons and assorted cubic ones. "The Great Holocron, Tionne's holocron -- the equivalent from Luke Skywalker's era -- and the Codex of Tython are the three most comprehensive and important holocrons in Jedi history. Here they are. This little one is Yoda's holocron, and there's some others here, as you can see, mostly minor or specialized. Those of you with Jedi Order Library Card headsets might have noticed that they've been offline for a day or two. This is temporary, but as of right now, I'm the only one with the keys," apart from Eyal M'ti, the Neti Headmaster of the Jedi Academy, though that was a secret, "and I think I've sweat enough blood protecting these to make the call this once. This is every major holocron owned by the whole Jedi Order, and holocrons can't be duplicated except with minute-by-minute recordings, so the buck stops here. These things are hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of years old. Take some time with the holocrons once we're done here, just don't take'em off Rebellion Actual, and I need'em all back tonight. Same goes for this one." He took out a spherical, metal-shelled holocron. "Star map."

He glanced at Kian, who'd been his pick for Jedi Council member to be trusted with a new set of codes. So far as he'd heard, though, the Council hadn't made a final decision and thus Jorus hadn't released the codes or the new quantum comms to go with them. Not yet, anyway.

"And no Codex for you, Gyndar," he said with a chuckle; the others would know she'd been its guardian for quite a while. "We've all got to have the chance to take a turn."

[member="Aaralyn Gyndar"] [member="Veino Garn"] [member="Vaudin Miir"] [member="Chloe Blake"] [member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Kian Karr"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Mia Monroe"]

"Per Uhl Kalahira ai Sai!" «By the Kalahira's grace!» Came Chloe's sudden exclamation of surprise under her breath.

"Jorus..." being a member of the Order of Selab and an explorer and lorekeeper of ancient knowledge, this was a aurodium mine. The last time anything of this extent had been between her and her fellow Warden was back on the Aurora after [member="Jorus Merrill"] had saved her life.

Ever so carefully, with as much care as someone who had clearly had some experience handling such delicate artifacts, Chloe would pick up Tionne's holocron.

And immediately the most whimsical and full of wonder expression would bathe her glowing face.

"Valle devas preni nin Al Ihn Guerfel ai lok, Jorus. Far nin kreti ni Bey sonti... " «You will take us to a fool's paradise, Jorus. Make us believe we are dreaming...»

Mia slipped quietly into the cantina, weaving her way through the small crowd to reach Jorus and his companions. It was a rare occurance for her to show her face these days, so absorbed in her own work, but the time had called for her to step away and see old friends.

She gave a small smile as she passed Jorus, clapping a hand on his shoulder breifly before taking a seat to admire the holocrons he'd laid before them all. "You never fail to surprise me, Jorus." She picked up the Great holocron, turning it over in her hands slowly.

[member="Chloe Blake"] [member="Jorus Merrill"]

Veino gave a nod in greeting as Kian arrived, but stayed quiet still. This was as much a learning opportunity as anything else. As far as he could discern, Vaudin had been a knight even longer than Veino had been. So he wasn't really sure it was his place to pass judgement, except to say that if he had been promoted, Vaudin should as well.

Those holocrons were impressive though. He had to admit. At least one of them predated the Jensaarai existence completely, so they were far older than anything they had on Susefvi. The knowledge of millenniums resided in those crystals. Honestly, it was humbling to be in their presence. At least a little, anyways, as he was no historian.

[member="Mia Monroe"], [member="Veino Garn"], [member="Jorus Merrill"], [member="Chloe Blake"], [member="Vaudin Miir"]

It was at this point that Siobhan entered the cantina, slipping into it with little fanfare as she made her way through the crowd before she found Jorus and company. Suffice to say Siobhan had been otherwise occupied, but she had found the time to attend. She was not looking particularly well though, as the strong limp with which she moved and the cane she was forced to tightly hold on to showed. However, despite the signs of stress written upon her features and her obvious impairment, she still tried to carry herself as proud and indomitable as she liked to to appear.

She gave Jorus a nod and Mia a thin, slightly tired but genuine smile. "What a nice crowd we have here," she said dryly. Her eyes fell upon the holocron that the Liberator had picked up, the Great Holocron, then upon the other artefacts that were lying on the table. "Is that what I think it is? Don't think I ever got to look at those as a Jedi. Then again, back then folks broke into the archives every two weeks." It had not always been her fault! In any case she pulled up a chair and sat down.

Sipping on the glass of water once again, I just watched as others have come from many different walks of life to talk about a single man. To see if he was worthy of being called a Master. Sitting there in the little apartment, I looked around to the others. Watching as introductions were thrown, as well as Jorus handing out a little bit of information for us to look over if we wanted to. However, I chose not to.

I just sat there silent while the little shifting image of my body sat in the booth turning it's head back and forth much like mine did.

"I believe this is all that will be coming?"

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], [member="Veino Garn"], [member="Mia Monroe"], [member="Jorus Merrill"], [member="Chloe Blake"], [member="Kian Karr"], [member="Vaudin Miir"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom