Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master Vote

So it has come around for promotion time, this lucky victim is [member="Seras Goto"]. SG is a hard worker, and very active member in the Black Rose. She is also a people person, need someone to do a thread with; she's your gal.

Since the time of the Black Rose's formation, she has been a very intricate part in it's growth. So I believe she has earned the right to have a vote put forth to have her moved to Master.

This is her Thread Tracker. Please feel free to sneak a peak before making your final decision. As per tradition, only Master ranks can vote. If you vote no, please state in a constructive way as to why you chose that answer.

So without further ado, I'll start the vote.

I vote yes.

No.

I checked Seras' master tracker thread. The amount of invasions, dominions and personal threads that she has participated in is incredible, which has probably helped Seras as a character to develop. From her flaws to strengths and so on. This is good for character development.

But there is only one training thread on that list. I don't know if there are more that simply wasn't added in. The thread itself only had sixteen posts. It took me roughly sixty seven to call myself of the seven lightsaber techniques, for example.

I also have to criticize Seras' posting quality. Not everyone can type out a post that reads like a novel. That isn't what I am saying because that's unfair. But by the few posts she has made in the Demonsgate dominion, as well as checking some of her old posts from her tracker (I read one going back to early 2014) there has been no consistent improvement in her quality of post.

Master level characters on Chaos tend to have a writer who is capable of paragraphing their posts, so the reader can understand what they are saying. Their posts normally read as a story, that has a consistent beginning, middle and end too it. Whilst Seras' posts are understandable, they don't come across as a master level post.

My criticism of Seras' writing quality is just a niche. Really, the only thing that counts against Seras for my vote is her lack of training. Master level characters normally have a specific Force power or skill that they have mastered. What has Seras mastered since she became a Sith Knight?

[member="Darth Ayra"]

To counter the training.

A lot of training now a days are done in dominions and the like. Simply put, training threads mean nothing in amount given the experience to be earned in other threads.

And to counter the quality. I don't think people should be held responsible to make big posts. To me, her posts are good, if small, but they cover the detail needed.

So yes from me.

For what it's worth I'll cast a vote.

Yes.

If I could offer a bit of criticism to [member="Seras Goto"], your writing has great potential. I have read through a number of your posts and threads and find two things that could stand to be worked on.

Re-read your posts after your done. Slow yourself and actively read what you put on the page. I have the issue of inputting words I intend to be there instead of what I actually wrote. Slowing down and reading over your post is going to help you notice spelling errors and incorrect words. Correcting them will greatly improve the quality of your writing.

Second, and I didn't notice many large posts for this to matter much, spaces between thoughts and actions can go a long way. Try to create paragraphs as opposed to one continuous post.

well as a recommendation and from being in several of these. you want to tag a couple of them cause not all pay attention all the time.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] if this isn't already up there can you please

[member="Tefka"], I know it isn't done often but tagging others seems to get no feedback. Can you confirm this is up there please.

Apologies. That tag never went through on my end and I never saw this thread. Thank you for tagging in an Admin to get it taken care of. In the future I reccomend sending a PM to RPJs as we are aware that @mentions can be glitchy but the PM system is reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom