Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass Saber Training Discussion

Hey everyone,

There are quite a few members within the Jen'ari that are still growing in terms of rank, power, skill, and character development. There are also quite a few members within the Jen'ari that are still searching for a teacher, or who recently found a teacher. I've thought about taking on a student from the Jen'ari for awhile, but I've come to the realization that a majority of those who have been seeking teachers have been seeking what I could not teach. Sorcery mainly, with other force abilities that do not necessarily fit in with my character's teaching style, as a warrior.

So I've come to a conclusion, one that could actually help everyone willing within the faction, new members, veterans, and those who are simply seeking some knowledge in sorcery. A large training in saber combat. Instead of doing one on one lessons, which are usually more favorable for those who focus on the path of a warrior, a large saber lesson that can include anyone who wants to join, would be much better for the Jen'ari. Like I said, a majority of members are interested in sorceries and force mastery, which is one hundred percent alright. But no matter how good a sorcerer you are, it's not always going to be enough. Which is why I'm thinking of doing something like this.

The lesson would be very simple. Everyone who signs up will go through the same courses, together, possibly even teaming up to accomplish goals or missions. The style taught would be Shii-choi, as it'a style that melds offense and defense, while giving the user a good chance against fighting and holding off multiple opponents.

If this idea is generally accepted/popular within the faction, we can have a series of threads with various missions, classes, and at the end, we can do a simple graduation/celebration where there could be some sort of reward or metal for those who complete it entirely. Give a little incentive to stick around. It could be like a Medal of Honor within the faction. I intend on speaking to [member="Darth Vyrassu"] to get his thoughts on this, but I'm sure he'd be more than willing to help out.

Please feel free to comment your thoughts and opinions.

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor
I feel this is a great idea. Yes alot of people focus on sorcerery but what people don't understand is what you said is sometimes it's not enough, take it from me, im a master sorcerer, Alchemist, scholar and yet that only helps so much in intense combat situations. And here is something else not is not said that much and it needs to be....

The Sith Warriors are actually the backbone force of the sorcerers, the warriors fight the front lines while the Sorcerers age in the back casting their spend and rituals. But in order for the sorcerers to do their job the warriors must defend the sorcerers. So warriors are very important.

Anyways I agree combat lessons and Classes could go on, and I actually will make this class of [member=Vaulkhar]'s official. And if you graduate the class you will recover a ribbon,

Combat Instruction Class ribbon

And it can only be attained by actually participating in the class and ALL missions and events the class holds and when Vaulkhar thinks your ready for graduation.

So again yes I 100% support this, so please sign up for the class here.

I'm game for this, I've been trying to expand my repertoire of skills and only force skills will simply make the other skills stagnate and rot if not practiced and put to use CX [member="Darth Vyrassu"] [member="Vaulkhar"]

I'll write up a thread either tomorrow or Saturday, depending on how bad work is. Will be seeing you all soon.

[member="Darth Rapax"] | [member="Darth Vyrassu"] | [member="Amethyst"] | [member="Darth Erebos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom