Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masque of Red Death (Saeldar/Daxton)

Everything seemed to slow down, noise reduced to a faint buzz safe for the unceasing sound of metal pounding metal. Sparks flew with each blow, the metal glowing a bright orange glow under her ministrations. Then just as quickly as it begun it was time to quench the metal in the blood.

As she inserted her creation into the vat of black-red fluid, the heat made the surface come to a boil. Iron rich acridic fumes invaded their nostrils as the blood cooled the metal surface to a more reasonable temperature.

Finally, he took the creation and applied a light dusting of powdered diamond and silicate fragments before eying it carefully in the low light. Handing it to his companion he said, "Are you pleased with the result?"

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

Everything seemed to slow down, noise reduced to a faint buzz safe for the unceasing sound of metal pounding metal. Sparks flew with each blow, the metal glowing a bright orange glow under her ministrations. Then just as quickly as it begun it was time to quench the metal in the blood.

As she inserted her creation into the vat of black-red fluid, the heat made the surface come to a boil. Iron rich acridic fumes invaded their nostrils as the blood cooled the metal surface to a more reasonable temperature.

Finally, he took the creation and applied a light dusting of powdered diamond and silicate fragments before eying it carefully in the low light. Handing it to his companion he said, "Are you pleased with the result?"

On and on she pounded at the metal until no more perspiration could leave her skin and her eyes no longer had to remain averted - it had been hours since she had begun, at least it felt that way if it were not so, and every muscle in her body ached. When the final count was made she settled the hammer aside on the anvil and took up the tongues, which she then used to pick up the still-hot metal mask.

Finally she prepared it by dunking it into the vat of blood, a satisfying hiss permeating the air as it boiled and then slowly began to cool down. She turned it over while keeping it in the blood, and then pulled it out, allowing the excess to drip back into the vat itself. The result was beautiful.

At this point she allowed him to resume control of its construction, albeit begrudgingly after so long at the forge. She decided that it was time to reveal who she was... But not right now, once they were done with the mask it would be time. So she took it from him with a tiny inclination of her head. "I am, and I thank you for your assistance." Turning it over in her hand she studied it from all angles, watching the light reflect and refract from the crystaline powder he had dusted it with.

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

After inspecting the mask from all angles for the smallest of flaws, he nodded and then turned and handed it back to her. "An excellent beginning, my dear. I so look forward to seeing you complete the rest of its brothers and sisters. There is power in names, you should give it a name, for it is the product of your heart, your soul and the Force. What name will you give it, Kara?"

When she reacted to his revelation that he knew her little secret, he shrugged and explained, "Did you really think there were secrets between Master and Apprentice, my dear? You have made much progress since we last met and yet there is still potential for even more. I most pleased with you."

"But since we are sharing secrets, I will let you in on one of mine." Before her eyes his features began to melt and reshape themselves until the Daxton standing before her was the one she remembered from long ago. "We all wear masks, my dear. And now you have made one of your own and know one of mine."

So he knew she would be making more, that was good; now that she had at least a basic understanding all she required was supplies and a forge of her own. Truth be told, despite her rather frail form, the young girl had taken to and was enjoying the process as it stood. Turning the mask over in her hand she was satisfied with the end result; she could find no imperfections, although her eyes were not as trained or acute when searching for such, not in comparison to the likes of Daxton who had experience.

Yet when he spoke her name her heartbeat raced, before she laughed - not at him, but to herself. Of course, the bond which she had used to find him was in turn felt by him. Truth be told she had been meaning to tell him the truth anyway, this just hastened the process. "Ah, I wondered how long it would take you, Master." Inclining her head, she showed him the respect she had lacked on their first meeting. When he revealed his true self she could only smile - of course she had known all along. But back to the matter at hand; a name.

"I shall call it Lurendrejare" With a ponderous frown she tilted her head to one side and said; "There is one other thing I would ask of you with regards to this - would you be able to teach me how to fuse it to my face at will, but so that I can remove it when I desire and repeat the process where necessary?" When it was on, she wanted no one to be able to remove it save herself or one very adverse to Alchemy. It would be more than aesthetic, and Kara had plans where the ultimate subterfuge were required.

[This is roughly what it'll look like by the way, when she's completely finished adorning it: The Mask]

"I could if that is your desire. Wait here." He instructed her and he left her alone, only to return minutes later carrying with him a large brown stone jar. Taking off the lid he revealed it contained a thick sticky ointment. "Apply this adhesive before you wear the mask. Nothing short of a point blank lightning blast will separate the metal from your flesh. Mind you though, if someone were to rip the mask with enough force, it is possible to tear off your flesh as well."

"When you desire to remove it, you need only to shed a tear. I have altered the properties so that the saline in your tears would act as the counter to the solution. There is enough for a month's use, if you use it every day, more if you use it sparingly. Should you need more, you could always come back here."

"It is, thank you." She waited patiently when her former Master left her and instead found herself glancing around the Forge in intrigue. She had to find herself one of these, maybe one day when she had her own planet to govern she would have one constructed. Of course she always had the explosive firepower of her secret Apprentice to draw upon.

When he returned she listened to each instruction he gave carefully. Typical of Daxton to make the 'antidote' something she would struggle to come by. Kära did not cry, so this would take time to perfect and become used to. It would require Mastery over her body in order to induce the response she needed. "Thank you, Master" she finally said without thinking. He was still her Master, after all, even if not officially, even if she had been claimed by the Emperor. "I will not forget this, and I will return. Although perhaps one day you might bless me with the knowledge of how to make this" Finally she inclined her head and waited to see if he had anything more to say or anything else to teach her.

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"Perhaps if there is time, Kara." Daxton replied in a rare gesture of fondness, bordering on affection. Such a feeling was rarely offered and those who were gifted with it often struggled and plotted to be the sole object of his affection, whether they realized it or not. "Or perhaps I will seek you out when it is time for you to attain the next step in your progression. I have my eyes on you childe and I am most pleased. You are truly my shaper of the cosmos, truly a worker of mysteries."

In a another time and age, he would have wanted his child to be like her, both a willing tool at the same time a fiery conduit. An enigma wrapped in a mystery. Yet with still so much promise.

"For now rest, and stay with me for awhile. I will teach you what you need to know to create the armor you deserve to wear."

Despite the years which had passed, despite the circumstances which led to the end of her Apprenticeship with him, Daxton Bane was still willing to teach her it seemed. This was something she was certainly grateful for, and as he spoke she absentmindedly ran her finger down across the mask, a thing of beauty if ever there was one. "Then that is something to be seen to and talked of if such a time arises." For a moment she pondered turning to leave, that is until she was urged to do otherwise. It seemed he was not done with her yet, and so his teaching could resume.

"Very well, I shall remain with you until you deem me ready to leave." She still trusted the judgement of this particular Master; he had done the most for her, after all, even if the beginning of their Apprenticeship together had been rocky to say the least. The notion of creating armour brought a ghostly smile upon her lips. How had she forgotten about the construction of such?

[I'd call and end to this thread @[member="Daxton Bane"] and we can create a new one?]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom