Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Denied Mask of Desolation

Status
Not open for further replies.
b82fbbd2aa448a673958c39d926737b3.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • | Classification | Mask
  • | Weight | Very Light
  • | Resistances |
| Blasters | Very High
| Kinetic | Very High
| Lightsabers | Extreme
| Sonic | None
| EMP/Ion | None

SPECIAL FEATURES

Strengths |
  • | Null | The Mask of Desolation protects the one who wears it from the influences and powers of the Force as the Void Stone embedded into it makes it immensely difficult for any Force User to effectively use their powers on the wearer. This protective field has roughly a ten-meter radius, with Force power usage becoming increasingly difficult the closer one gets to the wearer.
  • | Void | The Mask of Desolation is an interesting creation of Sith Alchemy as it completely hides the Force alignment of the individual who wears it. Even the most extreme ends of the Force spectrum will appear as a neutral entity to those who use the Force to sense affinity.
  • | One Mind | A particularly unique trait of the Mask is its ability to telepathically link the minds of the wearer to those who have worn the mask before (Assuming that the previous wearer(s) are still alive)
Weaknesses |
  • | Inhibition | While the Mask conceals one's Force alignment while being worn as well as protects them from the Force, it also inhibits their usage of the Force entirely while being worn.
  • | Voices of the Past | The Mask appears to carry residual thoughts and memories of all those who have worn it prior, seeming to absorb the essence and minds of those who would put it on. This inadvertently makes the mask something akin to a sentient entity and a bridge that links the minds of all who have worn it. This has the potential to drive the mentally weak insane which in turn can result in the increased potential to drive the next wearer to madness.

DESCRIPTION

The Mask of Desolation is derived from the designs of an old Anzat clan, and has a similar structure and aesthetic to the old helmet Kor Vexen used to wear. The mask was originally obtained on Anzat. It is bone white in color, with a single circle on one side and three curved slits on the other where the eyes would be with a slightly jutting extension where the chin is. The mask itself is constructed from two different masks, half being taken from each and then reforged together to create an asymmetrical design, with Sith Alchemy being used to strengthen and imbue it with particular properties. Though originally constructed solely from armorplast, the modifications and enhancement with Sith Alchemy have made the mask nigh indestructible. A circular void stone is embedded into the right side of the mask, much like a glowing eye.
The mask was imbued with a particular ability to 'neutralize' the Force alignment of any who wear it; even the most insidious Sith or Jedi paragons would appear as a neutral entity in the Force. The mask also protects the wearer from the influences of the Force as well as any abilities that may harm the wearer, similar to the force neutralizing bubbles produced by Ysalamir; this is a double-edged blade however as the wearer will also be unable to use the Force as long as they wear the mask. Another interesting trait of the mask is its ability to telepathically link the minds of all those who have worn it, while also being able to emulate the consciousness and thoughts of deceased wearers of the mask.
Since there is only one of it, the effects and nature or the entire existence of the mask are known only to Kor Vexen and anyone else who may have put on the mask.

tumblr_nl4liy3hH71s22704o4_r1_250.gif

Last edited:
Darth Bellum Darth Bellum Just a couple things I'd like to talk to before I can push this sub forward with an approval:

| Image Source | Source / Source
Please be sure to link to page image can be found on so that proper credit can be given. Both of these link take you directly to image and not the source of the image.

| Resistances |

| Blasters | High
| Kinetic | Low
| Lightsabers | Extreme

| Sonic | None
| EMP/Ion | None
If you designed it's resistance this way intentionally, that's great, but I just wanted to point at that this item, for being a "unique" is pretty underpowered. You have about 5 points here to play with if you want to.

Strengths |
  • | Null | The Mask of Desolation protects the one who wears it from the influences and powers of the Force, similar to the properties of a Ysalamir or Void Stone. The mask creates a field that varies in size to the wearer in order to ensure full protection.
  • | Void | The Mask of Desolation is an interesting creation of Sith Alchemy as it completely hides the Force alignment of the individual who wears it. Even the most extreme ends of the Force spectrum will appear as a neutral entity to those who use the Force to sense affinity.
  • | One Mind | A particularly unique trait of the Mask is its ability to telepathically link the minds of the wearer to those who have worn the mask before (Assuming that the previous wearer(s) are still alive)
So I like what you're trying to do here, however, the Force Nullification effect should/would counteract the Sith Alchemy augmentation present. Its effects would not be felt, nor would they be present as that in itself is a product of the Force. It, too, would likely sever the telepathy as it, in itself, could be linked to the Force as well.

Please be sure to tag me with any changes made to the sub and/or clarifications needed

Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi
  • Changed the Source to a wiki page for the character + series the gif's are derived from. Unless you want me to be linking to a site with the exact episode they are from, I believe this should suffice.
  • The Ratings are there simply for a little extra. It's not intended to be something you'd use for defensive protection. It's simply a mask. I've raised a few of them to reflect and emphasize that Sith Alchemy has made it nigh unbreakable.
  • To my understanding Sith Alchemy permanently alters the properties of whatever it is applied to. By this logic I just expected it would be an irreversible process and a potential way of producing the results. I can't really think of anything that would result in a similar outcome unless I came up with some odd alternative like being able to extract Ysalamir fluids and apply it to the mask without actually needing a live Ysalamir. If you find that the method in which I have is insufficient, then please advise on how you'd suggest it. A potential alternative would be making it a sentient/parasitic entity produced as a result of the alchemy that actively negates Force influences as a Ysalamir would.
  • As for the telepathy aspect; I pulled from this source with the following excerpt.

Darth Bellum Darth Bellum , first of all, thanks for making the changes you have made already.

Looking further into the little bit about the Force Void and the Sith Alchemy combination, I think I might have a solution for you. If instead of replicating the Force Void of a Ysalamir or Void Stone, you find a way to apply a version of Dampen Force, you could have the desired effect you want, without cutting off your own use of it. But as it stands right now, a replication of the effect of a Void Stone or Ysalamir, would actually nullify the effect you are going for.

Also, thanks for the little bit on Telepathy; we all miss things from time to time.

I've been doing an extensive dive to find an adequate alternative to what I was looking for. Unfortunately, I did not short of making an entirely different submission so I have resorted to simply using a Void Stone. Since from what I can gather, Void Stones only affect a person attempting to actively use it, so it shouldn't affect an alchemized mask since it would have been permanently altered. I could be wrong, but based off of the context from the articles, I think it should technically work. If not, the only alternative I can really think of is creating a material submission that applies the desired effect without nullifying the alchemized object.

Darth Bellum Darth Bellum

That concept, more or less, seems to work. However, I would like to point out here is that the Void Stone will still play an effect on the alchemic nature of the mask as it would make its use unstable or unreliable. If you can add this as a weaknesses, I can give this one final read through and see about slapping an approval on this

Sorry for the delayed response. Again my reasoning for how it is, is that alchemy permanently alters an object. I don't think the effects of a void stone or something like Ysalamir will severely hinder something that has been permanently altered like Sithspawn which are alchemized creatures of the Dark side. The mask was made along similar lines. Based on context, Void Stones inhibit active use of the Force while the nature of the mask is passive. If this still is not acceptable, then I'll ask that the submission be archived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom