Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Masaru's sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To give Masaru a personal weapon that fits his proficiency.
Image Source: Link
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Locke and Key Mechanics
Affiliation: Masaru Varga
Model: N/A
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Phrik

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Sword
Size: Average
Weight: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES
A sword that has a mono-molecular edge and is best use when the user is performing quick strikes. Can be used effectively in narrow spaces if need be.

Strengths:
  • Is able to take strikes from a lightsaber.

Weaknesses:
  • Since the sword has an open grip and doesn't have a guard to protect the wielders hands, the weapon is more suited for offensive use.

DESCRIPTION
While Masaru can use a variety of weapons, he always preferred using a sword over any other. He feels as though a sword is where his true skills lie, utilizing his strength, agility, and instincts to best an opponent. The blade going through the mono-molecular edge process, the sword is a deadly and effective weapon. This weapon fits his preferences and will be used to improve his skills and face the future opponents that will challenge him.

[member="Masaru Varga"],

Hey there! Really simple submission. However, not so much on the weaknesses portion.

Masaru Varga said:
The sword is a straight forward weapon. A person can easily see the strengths and weaknesses in the weapon.
This is extremely vague into the weaknesses. Now if you are saying that the weapon "has no extras and is just a Phrik sword" that is one thing. However, the second portion of this, I don't see a need to keep it on.

Masaru Varga said:
The sword isn’t the best weapon to defend with. Parrying can be especially difficult.
Secondly, why does this sword find it difficult to defend with? In fact, A Katana styled weapon is normally seen easily parrying other weapons. In fact, that is what it excels at! Sure, defending a full blow in the belly of the blade could cause it to slide or deflect your own, but Katana's were built for parrying. That is why you see so many Samurai not carry shields.

If you would like, I recommend to change the weakness to something along the lines of "due to a lack of a large guard, as well as an open grip, the weapon would be best served as an offensive tool, rather than a defensive one."

I have made the changes [member="Auberon"], hopefully they are ample enough for the weaknesses section.

Looking back now, I see that putting that second weakness was pointless. Also, I thought that I had done ample research on Katana swords before making the submission but it seems as though I most definitely did not, haha! Thanks for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom