Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Market Mischief

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Aris Noble Aris Noble Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png
Lantern Lane sits in the peaceful and green world of Chandrila, in a quiet part of Hanna City. The area is known for its beautiful parks and gardens. Chandrila is a central planet famous for its peaceful views and "important senators". The market, was welcoming with a traditional style, decorated with glowing lanterns at the entrance. It's loved by the locals for its unique spices, textiles, and handmade items. This made it a great place for Braze to bring a fellow Padawan and a civilian friend to experience the galaxy's simpler joys.

Braze lead the pair through the small quiet market. They stopped in front of a quaint shop nestled at a cozy corner, its sign reading "Silk & Spice" in elegant, flowing script, illuminated by the soft, warm glow of nearby lanterns.

" This one's one of my favorites. They have a lot of stuff to look at too. "
The door opened with a chiming sound as bells tingled over head.

Inside, they were greeted by a mix of wonderful smells from spices and silks. Soft instrumental music played, making the shop feel even more welcoming.

The shop was filled with colorful silk robes, spice jars of all colors, incense, decorative weapons, artistic crafted goods, and other items from far-off places. There were also unique finds like carved figurines, painted teacups, and small, complex boxes.

"I get a lot of my decorative tops and robes here... But they have some martial arts work out attire up stairs in the back. They have some good slippers too. "

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

LE8GzNt.png

Interacting with: Braze Braze Aris Noble Aris Noble

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya was practically dancing.

As they strolled through the bustling streets, Zaiya's energy was infectious. She would skip ahead, her hand slipping from her friends' grasp, only to twirl back to them in a whirl of giddy excitement. The array of pretty stores and their glittering wares was a constant source of distraction, causing her to flit between window stalls and her companions.

By the time they reached the store Braze had picked, Zaiya was literally glowing, her skin shimmering in a rosy gold pearly luminescence with her mottles spots and whorls an ombre of golden flecked cerulean hues in joy, excitement, and wonder. The natural bioluminescence along her patterns would shimmer and ripple, dancing with every delighted rush of excitement that went through her. It caused more than a few double-takes from other patrons as they walked by, but Zaiya didn't care. She was too happy to be out shopping with her friends.

"Oh, oh!!! Look at all the pretty fabrics!" Zaiya cried out, instantly grabbing Aris's hand to tug him along after Braze. The awesome scent of spices and incense, everything was just so wonderful!

"Where should we start first?!" That was the problem. Her attention was everywhere, and like an excitable bird, she fluttered, unsure of where to begin.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

Shopping, with friends.

Aris smiled softly as he looked about the marketplace. In truth he'd never gone shopping with his friends, at least not like this. Him and Zaiya had gone through the marketplace together to find a drink, but exploring a mall like this was a first. It was beautiful here. A beauty that had his focus almost completely. He was constantly looking around, studying the architecture with the eyes of someone who long appreciated art.

He only looked up when Zaiya let go of his hand to run off, mostly so he could see what had her attention. He nodded with a wider smile as she pulled him along after Braze. It was good to see her shining as bright as she was. She was really excited for this, wasn't she? Once inside he was immediately glancing towards the weaponry. They were beautiful. Though he couldn't say they looked particularly useful.

Were weapons that couldn't be used really made?

"Clothing. I'd like to get more outfits myself." If Braze was going to offer the choice, and Zaiya was too, then he'd certainly make it himself. "Where's the section with the clothing you usually get, Braze?"

Braze Braze | Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

"Well, if I want something for working out, it's upstairs. Some sections down here are more formal, with nice silks I would wear on a date," he said, moving toward the back middle of the store where there was a section of vibrantly colored silks. The fabrics were long, with options that included ribbons, sheer materials, embroidery, and beading. They offered a lot, mainly statement pieces. The tops were designed to stand out, and some came with matching pants, while others were statement pants on their own.

Some featured intricate designs or patterns, others had gradient colors. There was a wide variety of styles, some playful, some intense. Braze sifted through a section filled with blacks and whites, finding the clothing sorted by color made it easier to choose based on his mood. "You two and I share a similar natural color palette, which is fortunate since white and silver go well with most things, being so neutral," he explained, selecting a dark navy blue and silver outfit. He offered the hanfu-style robes to Aris.

"I usually prefer darker colors since they contrast well. Wearing lighter colors can wash you out," he explained, turning to look at Zaiya. He picked up something in pure white with glossy, iridescent beadwork over it and offered that to her. "You, on the other hand, would do well with more subtle color and work with brighter whites and creams to let everything jive."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Interacting with: Braze Braze | Aris Noble Aris Noble

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya's curiosity was piqued as they passed by the beautiful fabrics. Are those what Braze wears on dates with Loomi Loomi ? she wondered, marveling at the concept of dating. The idea intrigued her, and she found herself admiring the intricate designs. If wearing such pretty things is part of dating, maybe it's not so bad after all, she mused to herself.

Her attention snapped back to Braze when he mentioned which hues and colors suited them best. Zaiya's eyes widened as she watched him select an outfit for Aris. "Oh, that looks so-o pretty!" she exclaimed, eagerly holding up one of the dark navy sleeves against Aris. "Oh yeah, this will definitely look great you, Aris!"

But the real excitement came when Braze handed her a pure white garment adorned with glossy, iridescent beadwork. Zaiya gasped in delight, her hands flying to cover her mouth.

"This is absolutely gorgeous!" she exclaimed, holding it against herself and marveling at the prismatic colors of the beads. A radiant glow of delight washed over her once again. She wanted to try it on immediately -- but had a question first.

"Oh, do we try these on now or get some more and then do a cool little fashion show to see which ones to get?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

Aris wordlessly took the hanfu and lifted it up to spread and inspect the cloth. He did so with a rather serious expression no less, his eyes scrutinizing every detail. Or at least that's what it might've looked like. In reality, he was mesmerized by the design. Simple as it was, the stitching, the coloring choices, every little part had him enthralled with the beauty it had.

Zaiya seemed to think the same he did. He would look great in this.

He looked to her, tilting his head at the dress she was given. Then nodded. Yes, she would look great in that too. "A fashion show.. That would be fun. There are a lot of outfits here. And I'd like to see what you choose too, Braze."

"Pick out a bunch of things you guys like, and we can try them on one at a time and even score them," Braze said, smirking slightly. "I'm sure you both have your own fashion sense and an eye for what you might like to pair with others. They have longer pants and skirt-like bottoms here. I prefer the shorter, tapered hakamas since they offer an extra thick layer of protection, useful if I need to dash through the wilderness unexpectedly," he implied casually. "The changing rooms are along the right wall over there, and they've got this nice spot with a pedestal-like stand where you can see yourself in like four mirrors at once," Braze explained.

"I'm not sure what I might like to get... I already have quite a few styles and colors. I'm not sure if I'm missing anything particularly nice... Though, I might be inclined towards something with a more vibrant color. I think maybe I'll try and get a gift for some one instead... "

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

TddmRqj.png
-

Hearing the praise from Braze and Aris was enough to have Zaiya shimmer in her hues and give off a small glow. Aris and she were going to get new clothes while Braze would look for a gift. "Ooo, maybe for Loomi?" Zaiya called out, flashing Braze a grin.

"Yay, okay! Let me get a few to try on first!" Zaiya exclaimed, her eyes twin cerulean opals beaming with excitement. She began to go around in a flutter, selecting a few different pieces. Some because she liked the patterns and colors of the fabric, while others were chosen to remember the practicality Braze told her regarding practicing martial training. Pants! I need to make sure I have pants!

As she browsed through the racks of clothing, her eyes landed on a garment that instantly brought Aris to mind. Unable to resist, she reached out and plucked it from the hanger. It was a hanfu-style robe, reminiscent of Corellian fashion, dyed in a striking Cornflower blue hue with intricate gold embroidery gracing the hem. The fabric boasted an array of stunning gold, red, and citrine flowers, adding a touch of elegance. Paired with sleek black pants, the ensemble offered the option to showcase his arms and shoulders, should he choose to do so.

"Aris, try this on!" She guessed his size based on his height and weight. Hopefully, it will fit! "I think that would make you look extra pretty!"

A giggle and an earnest flash of pearly white teeth, "Artistic strength and all!"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

Aris tilted his head, but he didn't argue. If Braze didn't want to get himself clothing, that was his choice ultimately. And Aris was big on letting people make their own choices. He looked about the different clothing options then, mostly studying and thinking what might look best. What suited him the most. Fashion was important, especially back home, but the Epicanthix wore much more simple robes.

Function and beauty. So long as they could freely move, they could make it as beautiful as possible.

Even these seemed too constricting, but that was in comparison to what amounted to a toga styled outfit. He paused his perusing as Zaiya picked out an outfit to show him. He blinked, looking it over. Then nodded once. Almost eagerly so.

"Yes."

Was his only response before he looked to Braze. This was as good a time as any,

"Fashion show. Let's make it happen now? You can be the judge, if you don't want to try anything on."

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Aris Noble Aris Noble Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

"Loomi? No, I was thinking about someone else for this. Someone who hates to wear sleeves," Braze offered. He picked out some dark greens and blues that were rather larger than himself or than Loomi. He draped his selections over one arm and watched what the others had selected. He knew that Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el really didn't venture out in to other clothing styles very often or much other than a jumpsuit. He wondered if it was even possible to get his Master to try something else. He nodded at Aris. "Alright, that works fine for me. How should I judge the fits—on flair, style, or on how well everything matches?"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

TddmRqj.png
-

Aris liked it. He might have only given a quick nod, but Zaiya could sense that he liked it.

With a clap of her fingers, Zaiya gave an excited squeal, once again shining in all the pretty colors and a faint glow as she turned from Aris over to Braze. Ooo, so he was going to get something for his mentor? They had talked about how Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el was the closest one Braze felt was his family. The Lovalla's heart immediately melted.

"I am sure he would love that!" Zaiya cried out, being the perfect enabler of shopping for pretty clothing, she could be. Now, as for what to judge...

"Why not select what is not only pretty but suits the need that we are selecting it for? Like... I need to find something for my practice sessions, right?" This reminded her that she needed to ask Aris if he could be her partner when she came to visit him and did some practicing. Maybe he could also teach her some things.

"What are the typical categories of clothing you have to wear? Daily wear, training, and maybe something fancy for an event?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

"Daily wear, training, formal. Combat, dueling, relaxation."

There was a difference between combat and dueling, though he didn't think that'd be the kind of clothing they'd find here. Maybe they should just stick to the three Zaiya said. He tilted his head in thought, glancing again down at the outfit she'd given him, and the one Braze had given him. And he smiled. One from each wasn't a bad idea. He could pick a third.

Which meant-

He looked about the store again, head tilted as he tried to think on what would actually work for Zaiya. She wasn't a warrior like he or Braze were, so maybe.. He unhooked a dress this time. It shimmered in the light, almost, with different colors. Lightweight and easy to move in, while still looking very nice. Very typical for the Epicanthix that he was.

"Three pieces of clothing. We each picked one. We can see which of our choices looks best?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti | Braze Braze

Braze assured with a nod as he peered curiously at a few decorative weapons behind a glass display case, "Yes, those are pretty typical."

He then glanced over to Aris. "Ah, three sounds like a good number for each of you. A training outfit, formal attire, and something nice to relax in are all great categories we can probably find here," he stated, turning his attention back to browsing through various items in the men's section, specifically looking for sleeveless ensembles.

"I don't know if he'd appreciate it; I've never see him wear anything supper nice... I think the nicest think I've seen him wear is a red shirt with flowers that buttons up. "

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

TddmRqj.png
-

"Ohh, that is so-o beautiful!" Zaiya exclaimed at the selection Aris picked out for her. So very, very pretty. It was hard to pull her gaze from it before returning her attention to Aris and Braze. Okay, so they settled on three areas.

"Training, relaxation, and formal!" the Lovalla gave a little shimmy and an excited bounce, the decorative hairsticks in her hair swaying joyfully to the beat.

"Okay, let's do that then," turning towards Braze Zaiya, Zaiya added, "Well, just do it anyway. I'm sure he'll appreciate it. And then maybe we can invite him to go to a festival with us and wear our formal attire? Eat some street food and watch fireworks?" Oh, she'd love to do that just like she saw on the animated holo-series with friends, going to food festivals and watching the parades, eating street food, and watching the fireworks at night together!

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

"The clothing looks nice, why wouldn't he like it?" Aris tilted his head as he glanced to Braze. He didn't know much about Jasper, sure, but for him who wouldn't like nice clothing? He did glance over to Zaiya, nodding in agreement with her. He didn't think Jasper would turn down the clothing offered, though.

"But also, fashion show. .. How does that work exactly?"

"It might work, but he just wore his jumpsuit to the gala... I don't think he cares much about appearances overall," Braze trailed off. "Jasper seemingly has a distaste for sleeves... I think he prefers to have full range of movement, and sleeves are hot and constricting," Braze theorized. "Veridia has such festivals from what I've learned. Maybe I can keep an eye out for one there?" he suggested.

Braze found a little bench-like chest that had mirrors on it for trying on shoes and gingerly took a seat outside the fitting rooms. "Well, you try on an outfit... then you runway walk and show it off with a bit of flair to show off the pretty fabrics," he offered to Aris.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

TddmRqj.png
-

"It looks like a lot of fun, at least on the holo shows I've seen," she said. It was a really nice way to showcase what they picked out.

"Oh! We can't forget accessories!" she added, giving a little bounce, "Like hair sticks, belts, shoes... " Her iridescent blue gaze glanced over Braze Braze and Aris Noble Aris Noble .

"Or, like, what you use to clip your lightsabers on your belt, right?" she wasn't sure if they could find those things here, but it was a thought. Then she paused, musing to herself, should I get something that could hold a small knife? " I'll need help on what would be best for a training outfit, though."

With everything that happened, Zaiya started to consider whether she should also have something to protect herself with. However, the thought of a festival that Braze knew about drew her immediate attention.

"Oh yes, then let's do that, too. Get Jasper something flowy and sleeveless, then. That's kind of the same style Lovalla tends to wear since we need to keep our arms and shoulders bare to show off our color-shifting so others can see them." It was part of how they also communicated with other Lovalla.

"Maybe I can help you find something for him too?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

Accessorize?

Aris glanced about, seeming to again really think on it. For him, they seemed almost useless depending on what they were. Unless they helped him in some way with combat, they seemed almost useless. But.. If the point was showing off, then, were they good? Epicanthix beauty wasn't the only form, he knew that much. "For a training outfit less is more. You don't want something that will hinder your movement or get in the way some how. They can look good, but don't worry too much about what else to put on them."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti | Braze Braze

Braze carefully set his stack down on a nearby bench and wandered off to find a few hair slides with long, needle-like sections. After rummaging through the selection, he found one that resembled a straight-edged dagger and selected it with a sense of purpose.

Next, he fetched a weapon from one of the displays, a sleek bladed fan with a sharp metal edge on one side. With both items in hand, he returned to where Zaiya and Aris were waiting.

"Here," he said, offering the blade hairpin to Zaiya with a smile, admiring how it complemented her appearance. Then, with a flick of his wrist, he opened the metal fan, flourishing it with a practiced motion before effortlessly catching it again. Passing Aris a smirk, Braze closed the fan and handed it to him.

"These should be more your speed and can come in handy,"
he remarked, his eyes sparkling with excitement as he prepared to teach them how to wield their new accessories with skill and finesse.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya took Aris's recommendations regarding training and keeping things simple and functional. It made sense; the last thing she needed was an earring to get stuck in her hair and accidentally ripped off.

"Okay, so simple and functional,"
the Lovalla teen nodded. At least she could still pick pretty fabrics and would hold up to doing rolls and anything else that required physical movement.

Hearing Braze call her, Zaiya turned to face him, only to be surprised as he held out some pretty hair stick that looked like a thin dagger to her.

"Whoa!" she exclaimed, her voice breathy as she took them in hand to study them closely, "Wow, this is pretty. Thank you, Braze!"

She then noticed with avid interest the Half-Echani flourish the fan with its sharp edges towards Aris. Bright orange shades of enthralled curiousity bloomed over her patterns as her opal blue eyes went wide.

"Oh that is so cool!"
It made Zaiya wonder how one would use that in combat. So much so that she asked, "How would you use that to defend yourself?"

After all, it was a fan. Could it be just as effective as a dagger or sword?

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom