Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Mark IV "Alpha" Katarn-Class Commando Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
oVzawAk.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: [SIZE=10pt]Alterra Arms & Armour[/SIZE]
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: Mark IV Katarn-Class Commando Armour
  • Modularity: Yes, kamas, antennae(Like on Captain Rex's helmet) rebreather, nightvision goggles, pauldrons, ammo belts, ammo pouches, equipment holsters(Grenades, slicing kits, etc), Backpack (to carry extra ammo, become a bacta dispenser, long range communications, oxygen tank, etc)
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Beskar, technological parts (Helmet, Backpack [if used as a long range comm system])
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Resistances
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Very High
- Kinetic: Average
- Lightsabers: High
- Other:
- Slug throwers and melee blades: Average
- Extreme Temperatures: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Heads Up Display
  • Comm-Pack
  • Build In Life Support
  • Retractable knife in the knuckleplates on either fist
DESCRIPTION
The Mark IV "Alpha" variant was designed as an upgraded version of the Mark III Katarn-Class of Commando Armour used by the Republic Commandos of old. It was a request from Alpha Squad, ex-Republic Commandos who'd been frozen and preserved in Bacta. Upon their awakening, they were greeted by raiders, and realised their armour was outdated. Despite their victory in the battle, they still needed a more updated version of the armour. So they went to Alterra Weapons and Armour, their CEO, Caesar Kenway, was interested in the Clone Wars, and once Alpha Squad proved their identities, and gave the CEO a briefing of what they needed. He started creating it, the first set, containing ten sets, was given to Alpha Squad, with more free sets if they needed it. Alpha Squad, having eight members, while still large for Clone Commandos, were still left with two sets to give to those who they believed deserved it.

The armour features a slightly upgraded version of the original Mark III Katarn-Class HUD, the main difference being the more accurate read outs. The armour was thinner than the previous versions, but it makes up for it with it's Beskar composition. Keeping the average weight of the Katarn-Class, as reinforced duraplast could be notably heavy. It was designed to feel as close as possible to the old Mark III for the Clone Commandos, so their training was not obsolete.

Strengths:
  • Blaster Resistant
  • Vacuum Proof (For 20 minutes when fully sealed)
  • Lightsaber Resistant
  • Modifiable - The armour could be modified to fit any environment; Aquatic, Space, Extreme Heat, Extreme Cold, marshlands, etc. It could also be modified to any troopers specific needs, for example, two blade sheaths could be mounted on it for melee troopers, or extra grenade and detonator storage for EOD units.
Weaknesses:
  • Vulnerable to Slugthrowers
  • Vulnerable to blades in joints of armor
  • When sealed, the suit only has enough oxygen to survive for 20 minutes.
  • Pricing, much like it's Mark III predecessor, the armour is meant for governments and military forces, not regular people. Thus, it is not on the open market, and the only way for regular people to get it is via the Black Market, with it's pricing standing at 200,000 credits, double that of it's predecessors.

[member="Sarge"]

Hi,

This is a really nicely put together submission. I just have one question for you.

Sarge said:
Production: Limited

As per the template, 'Limited' is defined as Only one small group of characters. IE: Small task force, not entire factions. So, who is this armour for/limited to?

[member=John Locke]

Hey John, can I call you that? Thanks for the compliment, been meaning to do some of this stuff for a while. Now, I think I originally had that as 'Semi-Unique' on the max of 10 characters, due to only ten sets being made. I probably changed this when I was going back through and editing it before I posted it. I'll change it to a Semi-Unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom