Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship MARINER IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
MARINER IV

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Classification: Small Corvette transport/freighter.
  • Length: 50 meters
  • Width: 27 meters
  • Height: 12 meters
  • Weapons: None
  • Armament: Low
  • Defenses: Very Low
  • Hangar: 3 speeder-bikes in hangar
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive Class: 0.5
STANDARD FEATURES :
  • 6 x 2 person escape pods
  • 1 fully equip Med Bay
  • 2 airlocks on opposite sides
  • 1 astro mech droid RU TK1213
  • Long range interstellar communications
  • Reserve fuel cells for extended range
Advance Systems:
  • High capacitance electrical dischargeto hull exterior
Strengths:
  • High maneuverability
  • Good agility
  • Extended range by addition of reserve fuel cells
  • Exterior hull high electrical discharge
  • Optimal hyper-drive system
Weaknesses:
  • No offensive weapons
  • No defensive weapons
  • Average light armor
  • Exterior hull electrical discharge is non-lethal and can only be used when ship not flying, as it will reboot on board system too.
  • Exterior hull electrical discharge also affects people inside that are touching walls, but not floors (non-slip rubberized floors).
Description:
A previously owned Loronar E-9 Explorer craft in pristine condition was acquired by House DeVoe to have it undergo modifications to meet the requirements of a small sole piloted freighter/transporter. It was bought exclusively for Marina DeVoe; second daughter to Duke Kyle DeVoe.
Ship was commissioned to be stripped of offensive and defensive weapons as per Marina DeVoe's request. The Mariner IV is primarily used to explore and see the galaxy by Marina DeVoe while she earns credits to do so by working as a small shipper and transporting passengers to their destinations as pilot for hire. The Mariner IV is equipped with 2 airlocks, a medical bay and support equip that can perform limited rescue and medical assistance/transportation.

o9EVqZu.jpg

Ship has two main cabins forward, each with private head/shower and escape pods behind couches.
Each pod on the Mariner can accommodate 2 people in emergency conditions.
There are 4 more 2 person pods located around center hallway for crew and passengers.
The smaller 5 crew/passenger cabins, share a common head located in main hallway.
Mariner also has a Med Bay, Jacuzzi, and full galley.

sEB4esJ.jpg

Note center hub. Cannon turrets have been deleted which were located there.
It has been transformed to a full droid service bay.
Currently the Mariner IV has only one RU...TK-1213 astro mech droid.

Gau85Vu.jpg

The Mariner houses 3 personal speeder bikes in its lower bay.

t0iYeFd.jpg

3-D parts printer

It's purpose is to manufacture spare parts. Also, printer can be used to make equipment such as skis, snowboards, boots etc that enable character to use on adventures.If said equipment is specifically used in RP, it will be noted in the post that it is being printed before equipment is used in story.

Mod request 9.3.18
Original Section(s):
Adding thing to description
New Section(s):

t0iYeFd.jpg
3-D parts printer

It's purpose is to manufacture spare parts. Also, printer can be used to make equipment such as skis, snowboards, boots etc that enable character to use on adventures.If said equipment is specifically used in RP, it will be noted in the post that it is being printed before equipment is used in story.

Mod request 27.3.18
Original Section(s):
  • Hyperdrive Class: 0.9
  • Speed Rating: Moderate
Advance Systems:
N/A

New Section(s):
  • Hyperdrive Class: 0.5
  • Speed Rating: High

Standard Features:

• Reserve fuel cells for extended range
Advance Systems:
  • High capacitance electrical dischargeto hull exterior
Strengths:
  • Exterior hull high electrical discharge
  • Optimal hyper-drive system
Weaknesses:
  • Exterior hull electrical discharge is non-lethal and can only be used when ship not flying, as it will reboot on board system too.
  • Exterior hull electrical discharge also affects people inside that are touching walls, but not floors (non-slip rubberized floors).

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Please make sure you're conforming to the template as seen here. You've got the basic template down but some of the fields are vague or filled out incorrectly.

Marina DeVoe said:
I'm requesting to have my character ship the Mariner IV approved. The base model for the Mariner IV comes from a SW canon (wiki) Loronar E-9 Explorer craft. Aprox 40 meters in length. Commonly it is put in corvette class. I have modified it's design to eliminate all armaments. The Mariner IV has no defensive or offensive weapons. It's hyperdrives are efficient but nothing special.
This bit is not necessary. It can be removed entirely or added in to 'Description' as appropriate.

Marina DeVoe said:
Image Source:Google Image Search of Loronar E-9 Explorer craft. https://www.pinteres...284526348470077
The originals source for your main image is here. https://adamkop.deviantart.com/art/Star-Wars-E-9-Loronar-Explorer-605529098 Simply hyperlink that.

Marina DeVoe said:
Restricted Missions: It is not armed and will not be engaged in battles, other than rescue and aid medical ships.
This refers specifically to restricted materials as per the Factory rules, and is unrelated to IC usage. Putting 'N/A' would be fine.

Marina DeVoe said:
Primary Source: Not modifying other than removing all armaments, both offensive and defensive.
This refers to any 'Chaos Canon' tech and such. As there nothing relevant, just put 'N/A.'

Marina DeVoe said:
Manufacturer: Loronar ship yards. Canon.
The proper name would 'Loronar Corporation' as seen here. No need to mention it's canon, but please hyperlink to the wookie page (or the Chaos Canon company).

Marina DeVoe said:
Model: Was acquired as a armed scout ship, but was stripped of all armament and outfitted for passenger class only.
This refers to the model of the ship, if any. In this case it is an 'E-9 Explorer.'

Marina DeVoe said:
Affiliation: Registered under House DeVoe on Alderaan.
This refers specifically to who is allowed to use this vessel, in a sort of IC/OOC sense. Since this is a personal vessel simply putting your character and hyperlinking to their profile would be appropriate. The extra info can all go into the description.

Marina DeVoe said:
Production: No specific numbers. It was produced initially for the Republic to be used as scout ships.
No need to worry about the canon E-9, as this is a personal vessel the correct entry would be 'Unique'

Marina DeVoe said:
Defenses: None ...only skin armor that was originally designed for this craft.
Even thin skin armor is going to give a vessel 'Very Low,' especially a starship.

Marina DeVoe said:
Safety: Also has been outfitted with 6 -2person escape pods for passengers and crew. See drawing below.
This is not part of the template and should be omitted from the upper portion. It can be freely added to 'Description' or mentioned under 'Standard Features.

Marina DeVoe said:
SPECIAL FEATURES : Has been modified from scout ship to civilian use. No weapons. It can be used as a rescue ship and aid a medical ship. Has 1 fully equip medical bay.
Please change this to a bullet list and keep it specific to only special features. For example, the first two bits can be moved to the description, and the entry should look more like as follows.

STANDARD FEATURES:
  • 6 x Two Person Escape Pods
  • 1 Fully Equipped Medical Bay

Marina DeVoe said:
Weaknesses: No weapons. No offensive, nor defensive weapons. No cloaking device.
Please make this a list.

For the 'Description' feel free to elaborate on some of the above mention points in here, including any fluff on the history and background of the ship and how your character acquired it. None of this is explicitly required, of course. Typically for pictures a general one (such as the first you have there) is placed at the top of the submission, above the 'OOC Information' section.

That's enough for now. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Marina DeVoe

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"] , thanks for your time and detailed effort you put into helping me correct my template.
I'll certainly go over all and every detail to hopefully get a lot closer to a finished request than what I initially submitted.

I only know of a very few people who have ever taken their time to help others the way you have just helped me. Thank you.
I'll get to working on the changes as soon as I can. :)

Marina DeVoe

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"] , Okies...got my fingers crossed that I don't take up any more of your time. Again, you've been a Saint and have indeed steered me in the right direction. I admit it even looks way better now by far than what I attempted on my own.

Thank you again and hope I don't disappoint you.

:)

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe said:
Armament: Light
All the ratings use the same terminology, so this should read either 'Very Low' or 'Low.'

Marina DeVoe said:
Defenses: None
This still needs to be changed to 'Very Low.'

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
(Provide all of your submission's advanced systems, including non-combat items and special weapons, here in a list. Please link to all Factory Submissions used. Stealth technology and other advanced systems may require other weaknesses or reduced ratings for balance. Ensure significant capabilities from systems are included in the Strengths and Weaknesses lists. Examples include: Stealth systems, Advanced ECM systems, Crystal gravfield traps, HIMS, Molecular shields. Links: Starship Weapons, Approved Technology, Shields, Engines)
Make sure you add this section in, even if there's nothing to put. It would look something like this.

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • N/A
This should go in between 'Standard Features' and 'Strengths.'

You also have 'no cloaking device' under weaknesses but the lack of a rare and specialized system isn't really a weakness. That line can simply be removed, the weakness you have are fine.

And no problem on the help, the Factory can be a little daunting at first.

Marina DeVoe

Ok, I think I got it all. *crosses fingers again*

And no problem at all. I've had similar trials with my Bio over at EPICS...and it were worth the effort and time to get it right. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom