Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marauders and Guardians (Solo Thread)

O D E S S E N

A planet covered in forests, lakes, rivers, and beings who found solstice away from the major cities of the galaxy. Old ruins of a once powerful force that took down an empire barely stood against the test of time. It was here that I was crouched, digging through the rubble with my bare hands. Beside me was the ghost of Gale as she watched me. She couldn't help me physically, but she was more focused on actually looking for anything we could find while I was moving the rubble, and digging. Most of the walls had survived the years of erosion, and weathering. The ceiling had fallen through. The blue and grey sky hung overhead.

"Woah! Stop! What's that there?"

I stopped digging for a moment when she pointed out something that reflected in the star's rays. I removed some of the rubble to expose an older blaster rifle that I couldn't even identify. Gale got so excited, and then deflated when I showed her what it was. I stayed silent and just shrugged my shoulders. Continuing to work. Gale would keep talking though. Asking me questions.

"So what exactly are you searching so much for?"

Taking a pause in my work, I moved to sit down on some rubble that I had been piling up. Groaning a little from the physical labor, my hand reached out with a canteen smacking into my hand. As I was taking the lid off, I answered.

"You know I have been researching a lot about the old Republic wars. I found that right after the war against the Revanites, there was another. An Infinite Empire that attacked the galaxy, and took over almost half of it in the span of five years."
"Really? That must be really fast. Okay, so what is it that you are looking for from that era?"
"A holocron."

I was taking a few sips of water between my words as she asked the question, and took another now as she looked at her feet that were dangling from the old counter she sat on.

"Do you know what it has?"
"It could be anything from the Holocron of Darth Nox, to any of the Sith or Jedi that were in this encampment when they formed the rebellion together. I just want more information."
"Isley really trained you to read up and study didn't he?"
"Actually, that's of my own doing."

She looked at me like I was a weirdo. I shook my head with a smile. Closing the lid, I threw it to the side and got down from the pile. I patted off my rear from the dirt, when it wasn't really necessary, and started to pick up some more rubble.

"Let's keep looking."
"Alright Boss."

It was another hour of moving rubble and trying to find anything. A few more blasters. Some old containers filled with really dated rations, and even a broken lightsaber hilt. Gale was so fascinated by how I could do so much work in such little time. She was surprised with how young I looked, around the same age she was, yet I could move an entire roof's worth of rubble to try and find one little item that may or may not be there. She said so many times. I would respond with replies about how I was still in my prime years, and even how I had the aid of a robotic limb, and the force to aid me. Eventually I just stopped answering her. She found it necessary to go and start playing with the animals. While she couldn't react with them, she was giving them names, and acting like she was training them.

I found it... humbling to notice this. I was so focused about an item, and she was enjoying herself with nature. Trying to have fun in any form that she could have. I smiled a little and shook my head. Continuing to work. After a few more hours I had gone through the entire rubble that was set here. So much of it, and I got nothing. The best I had were a few star maps of old compounds of the Infinite Empire on planets that were forever a ways from here. It was in one of these maps, I found one of Odessen. Looking it over for a moment, I called Gale over.

"Hey, look at this."

After she came over and stopped playing with the animals, she walked over to my side and hovered over my shoulder, literally, and looked over the holo projection of the area. It showed a foot path coming from the compound to the south. One that lead deep into the forest. Looking up at her, she smiled.

"I guess this is where we have to go then, right?"
​"Yes. Follow the breadcrumbs."

Activating my HDSS on my left arm, I synced up the information on the datapad to the systems on my wrist. Displaying it, I then looked at blueprints of the area to see if there were any ways to get down, and elevator or anything. It took a few moments, and I found one in the west corner of the building. From where I was standing, it was just in the other room. Walking to that area, I stumbled over a little bit of rubble, but caught myself. And looked down the shaft. Seeing the elevator was no longer working. I smiled a little.

"You're not seriously going to-"

I jumped down the shaft.

​"You and your antics."

Pulling out my lightsaber, I ignited the blade with the emitter shoved into the wall that I was falling so hastily down. THe blade cut into the wall and slowed me down significantly from the drop, and as I pulled onto the blade, I exploded with a force push aimed down to bring myself almost to a stop right above the ground. I then landed on my feet. Smiling as I flourished my lightsaber over to my right, I then deactivated the weapon. Sliding it into the holster on my right thigh. Gale showing up to my side shaking her head without a word.

"You would do it too if you could fall."

I got a roll of the eyes and a scoff before she disappeared. She may not be visible to me, but I knew she could still see me. Walking forward, the door to the shaft was barely open. Using the force to aid my strength, I pushed back the doors into the walls. Opening a route for me. Taking a step off of the elevator floor, and into the room that was leading to the openness of the forest, I grined.

The smile slowly came off as I now began to walk forward and look for this possible holocron. Honestly, I didn't care who it belonged to, just as long as I had something that I could study and learn from. I was much like my former Master Jericho. He sought after relics of the past to know more. He was a Knowledge seeker. I am the same. Activating my HDSS again, I looked over the map as the trail was long moved over with trees, and fauna. Moving south, I projected where I might end up at, however, as I was about to reach the stream that was in front of me, My vision pulsed. A loud boom erupted in my ears.

Falling to the ground to cover myself from the immense pain I felt, I looked up to see a shimmering personage before me. The figure was male from the size and stature. I could feel the force radiating from him like heat from the stars. It was so powerful. I couldn't stand it. He spoke one word to me before vanishing, with his power slowly leaving me to what I once was.

"Follow."

Looking around me, I was standing up, Looking around me to see if he was looking over me. Instead, I called out for Gale.

"Gale.... Gale.... Can you hear me?"

No response.

"Gale this isn't funny.... Galliea!"

Even if she was playing a trick, I could call out her real name and she would get angry at me and start yelling for calling her that... but she didn't. I was alone. Looking to the ground now, there was clearly a trail. And my HDSS was off line. Grabbing a hold of my lightsaber, I did the only thing I could do.

Follow.

Walking down the path, It was clear that this was much different from the run down place I had looked at just a moment ago. This being that had commanded me to follow was clearly wanting me for some reason. He was also the one who was causing me to have this dream or altered reality. Looking around as I walked, I could see the shadows move. They formed and shaped into many things. Some that I have not seen before. People I have never seen. I held my lightsaber in my right hand. Ready to activate it at a moment's notice. As I was moving, I heard a shuffle in the bushes.

It seemed like there was a straight line that these fauna made. Hiding whatever was behind them like a stage curtain. Out of it walked a black apparition. Wielding a sword that was curved towards the top. He stood there for a moment, before a shrieking sound filled my ears. Bringing my hands to my ears, It rushed me.

Quickly I activated my lightsaber. The large black and red blade snapped to life as it met headlong with the black sword. We clashed our weapons. Taking my left hand, I sent a force push under our locked blades to send him flying. Hitting a tree, his body melted into a black shadow that faded from me. Hearing foot steps, I turned around to see a second man. A spear in his hands. He stabbed at me from a long range. My blade flicked down. Sending the head of the spear into the ground as I stepped forward and sent a spartan kick into his chest. Aided with the force, he too was sent flying.

It then stopped. Nobody else attacked me. It was clear, I was being tested. Moving on, I now walked, but I heard a voice. It sounded familiar, yet different. Calling for something... my name?

"Zephyr!"

Why was my name being called? I couldn't tell. Turning the lightsaber off, I began to run down the path. Maybe speeding up this process will help me. It was then the boom occurred again, and he stood before me.

"You are strong with a blade, and the force. That doesn't prove you are strong of heart or mind."

"What do you want with me?"

"Follow."

And so I did again. Walking down the path. Following.

The man faded once more. Leaving me to the forest. I scoffed and moved forward. Each step I took seemed to make me heavier. My movements became more sluggish. I was limited. I was being held down. Almost as though I was walking in thick mud. One that I could not escape from. I pushed as hard as I could. Trying to move my limbs, I realized, I needed to do something else. Instead of forcing my way through, I stopped. Slowly began to move my limbs, but they were deliberate.

Slowly the restrictions were lifted. Looking ahead, I was moving down a hill that lead in between a gap of two large rock formations. The river had cut a path between them. Moving towards it, there was a bend in the path. Leading to my left. Staying cautious, I moved forward with my lightsaber in my hand. Lax, and yet on edge. I came around the corner to see a child being held by it's mother. Over the top of her, was a man with a rifle of some kind. Ready to blow her brains out. Rushing forward, I flung the force at him. Projecting my force push like a cone. Aimed right for his chest. It sent him flying. He exploded into shadows as the child and mother looked up.

They thanked me for a moment as the mother then drew a knife on me. I... I didn't know what to do. Using my hilt as a weapon, I smacked the knife out of her hand, then grabbed her other with my own hand. I pushed her down to the ground and tried to subdue her while the child began to yell at me to not hurt his mommy. She then gave up for a moment, and I was about to ask if she was done when she vanished.

I didn't know what was happening. Moving further into the forest, I could see a hut up ahead. One that had a campfire, and a cloaked figure. One that felt powerful within the force, yet oddly familiar. Walking up, I made myself known.

"Uh, Do you mind telling me what is this place?"

The person turned around to be Gale.

Drawing on a lightsaber from her cloak, the crimson blade was slung at me, and I reacted with a block from my own.

She came at me with her saber. Cleaving at me. Our sabers clashed once again. Her face was contorted with anger, and hate. She wanted to kill me. Flinging her saber back away from me, I used a force push to send her sliding. She charged again. Smacking the saber away from hitting me, I used the hilt as my weapon to slam her in the chest. She buffed back and growled at me.

A third time she charged, and I sent a strike to fling her saber away again, however as she came to throw a force push at me, I moved to the side, and used my own hand to grab onto her wrist, and push it away from me. The boom was sent away harmlessly, and I then used my saber and precisely cut the bottom portion of it. The saber of her shut off, and she tried to hit me with it. Reeling back, I tried to find a way not to fight her. I didn't want to. Instead, I let her hit me. Her fist slamming hard into my face, She then tackled, and landed on top of me. Slamming her fist into my face three more times before she stopped.

Instead, she placed a warm hand against my cheek. Leaning down, her face came really close to mine. So close I could almost taste her. Slowly, she started to melt away. Whispering two words as she left, and the pain was leaving me.

"Thank you."

It was her voice. I really could hear it. Standing up, I then turned around as I saw the man once again, only this time, he stood in full armor. Sith. Turning towards him, lightsaber ready should I need to use it, HIs voice was strong, filled with authority, yet calm, and collected.

"You are strong, you control yourself, yet you have the taint of the Darkness within your heart."
"The force is the force. The Dark and the Light are just forms of one being. Just as a sword is a tool for peace, as it is for war."

The man stood there. Waving his hand, my saber shut off. Looking down, and then back at him, it was clear he didn't want to fight. His voice rang out again.

"My name has vanished from the galaxy. It has been ages since I have spoken to someone. I thank you for that. However, I feel something within you that reminds me of a young man. A man I once was. Filled with the force, and it's potential. You are powerful, but you control it. So much so, the force almost bends to your will. I have seen very few who can do this."

"Okay, so then why are you making me go through this? Why did you bring me here?"

​"Because you are not who you think you are, You are something different from anyone else. I want to give you knowledge that you seek. I can feel it within your very core. Zephyr Carrick, Son of Xander, descender of Zayne. I am giving you my will."

"And who are you?"

"Darth Marr."

His person began to crack and break apart. Light shone through his body, and the power of the force filled me. I could feel myself become deeper within the connection of the force. So much so, the light became everything that I could see, and then darkness.

"Zephyr! God damn you idiot. Wake up!"

The voice. I could hear it again. Calling my name. I felt the world shaking around me. My bones hurt, my mind was pulsing, and my body was in pain, yet felt strong and empowered all the same. Looking up, I opened my eyes to see Gale close to my face. She was very close. Her hand on my cheek, but I couldn't feel her. She was trying to wake me up. She looked relieved when I came too. Standing up, I phased through her a bit. Bringing my hand to my forehead, I rubbed it. Gale was sitting next to me.

"Are you okay? You just fell to the ground and passed out as soon as you walked out of the elevator."
"You are not going to believe me."

--------------------------------------------------​

About ten minutes later, after explaining all of this to her, her face changed many times from disbelief to concern, to wonder, and even to acceptance. Even more so when I mentioned Darth Marr and his "will." She then looked at me, and then stood up.

"Look at this."

Leading me over a few feet, there was a holocron. Flashing in red and blue colors slowly. It was square in shape, and rather smaller than what I had thought. Looking it over, I picked up the artifact. Pulsing in my hand. She looked me over, Pocketing it, I started to walk towards the elevator again.

"Wait, where are you going?"
"To the ship."
"Why?"
"Do you want me to fall on the ground again, or be in a safer environment?"
"Good idea."
"See, I am not an idiot."
"... you heard that..."

Leaving her with no comment answered her question well enough. I made my way towards the ship. Not stopping for anything.

Once inside the Templar-class freighter, I went into the training room, and sat the holocron on the floor in the center. Moving back, I stood there. Gale was somewhere else. Asking her earlier to leave me alone so I could learn from this. She respected my wishes, but wanted me to tell her everything about it. Agreed upon, I was alone. Standing for a moment, I then reached out with the force towards the holocron. Slowly feeling it for it's activation. Finally finding it, the gatekeeper activated.

Darth Marr stood before me.

He was clad in the same armor I saw him him only 15 minutes ago. Standing before me, He then spoke.

"I am Darth Marr. You have gained access to my Holocron. Within is information that I have recorded over my time as part of the Sith Empire, as well as aid by a Jedi for what came after my death. I feel upon you a connection to the force. One that is eerily familiar. Impart your name upon me, and how, and why you have my holocron."

Standing before him, I was slightly taken back, but I kept my calm. Answering the man, and giving more.

​"My name is Zephyr Carrick, Son of Xander, and descender of Zayne. I am on the planet of Odessen where an old rebel alliance was formed. Within the ruins I encountered a shadow personage. Giving me tests of Strength, of Mind, and of Heart, I passed. The figure revealed himself to be a Sith Lord of old who had died, and imparted me his will. This man would be your Force Ghost."

It took a moment. The man stood there. Arms locked behind his back as he then turned to the side, giving me another question.

"Why would I give you such a thing?"

I smiled a little and he could see it. Opening myself to the force, I simply reached out, and prodded him. In an instant, I could feel my mind assaulted. Dark, but not completely, Empowering, yet not overbearing. As fast as he broke into my mind. He retreated.

"I see who you are, and I see why. My tests passed upon you clearly. I accept. Ask any questions you may have, and I will bestow any knowledge I may have on the subject."

I had to think for a moment, Wondering what to ask such a question. I had never heard of a Dark Lord with the name of Marr. As such, I answered the simplest, yet most extensive question,

"Who is Darth Marr?"

It had been hours later.

I was exhausted with all the information about the rise and fall of this man. Darth Marr was a honorable, dedicated, yet controlled Sith Lord. Sure, he was a Sith, but he fought for a Cause that he believed in. One that he did so well for, and didn't do it for power alone, or just for the promotion of himself. He fought for the betterment of the Empire as a whole. He commanded the entire Sith army before the attack of the new Empire. He was a man that was very much like Isley, but with a different force usage. It reminded me a lot of him. I smiled at that though. Darth Marr standing there tireless as the gatekeeper of his own holocron. I was amazed with him becoming part of the counsel at the same age I was. Hell, My father did the same for the Silver Jedi.

"Do you have any more questions Zephyr?"
"Not now. I need to go over everything you have told me thus far. Time to gather my thoughts if you will."
"A good Idea. May the force serve you young one."

With that, his image flickered and faded. The holocron went dark. Stretching out my hand, the holocron few to it. Holding it, I could feel it pulsating within my grasp. I felt... different. Not stronger, but knowledgeable. I felt good. Sure, I was light sided, but I also used the Dark as an Ally. The force was a tool, as much as it was a companion. Darth Marr made sure to mention that in the little teachings of the force he gave.

Walking out into the other room, Gale was asleep. I smiled a little. I wanted to take a blanket and rest it over her, but that wouldn't help. Taking off my jacket, I set it on the chair next to her, letting her know I was out of the room, and headed for bed. I was tired, and wanted to think a little before I rested. Tomorrow I would be returning to the estate where I could reveal this to my Master. Maybe he could help me find some more info about it.

Waking up to a clicking sound, I rolled over in my bed. The creaking of the mattress was due to how old the ship was. I was awake now, but I wanted to sleep more. unable to do so, I sat up. Looking over, I saw Gale in the corner of the room. Staring at me. I then realized that I was not completely dressed. Covering myself with the blanket, I yelled at her.

"WHAT THE HELL!"

She smiled at me as she stood up. Walking over. Sitting down on the bed next to me, her chuckles made me a little more angry.

"You are fine. I was in here watching you sleep because you look very calm. A lot of the time you always seem so... tense and on edge. When you sleep? Its like you are dreaming. Sorry if I scared you, or embarrassed you. That wasn't my intention."

I breathed in a little and moved the blanket around me a little to cover my under garments that I was wearing. She was clearly someone who told the truth when you asked. Nodding my head, I stood up and walked towards the closet. She has already seen me, so it doesn't matter. Putting on a clean pair of pants, and pulling on my socks with boots on as I spoke to her.

"Well, we are done here for now. We need to be heading back to the estate and report to Isley."
"You going to tell me about what happened right?
"I said I would wouldn't I? Now follow me and lets get out of here."
"Okay Boss."
"You know I hate it when you do that."
"But its funny Zeph!"
"Sure. Come on."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom