Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mapping Drone?

4d685f10.jpg

Imge credit: Google and Ridley Scott

Intent: To create a drone capable of mapping an entire area following quick deployment in uncharted territory. For use within the Fel Imperium.

Development Thread: Would this need one?

Manufacturer: What technology developers/manufacturers does the Fel have contracts with?

Model: A-PXC 3402 Cartographic Drone

Affiliation: Fel Imperium (primarily), sold to private buyers? (dependant on manufacturer)

Modularity: Would such a thing need modification?

Production: Probably mass-produced

Material: Carbo-plas, agrinium

Description: The Cartographic Drone is designed for densely-packed structures where mapping would be otherwise laborious and time-consuming. It has multiple sensor arrays (to collect various forms of data such as atmospheric conditions, gaseous compounds in the air and structural integrity) and a small amount of repulsor-technology to assist in its movement through caverns, caves or hallways while being able to collect data. The allow agrinium allows the drone to be resistant to unknown pockets of radiation to provide a continual live-feed of the map to both programmed terminals and on-hand holographic projectors. Such a drone is best deployed in small groups to achieve a complete map within minutes. Because it is composed of simple electronics and plastics, with a thin layer of the radiation-resistant agrinium, it is relatively cheap to produce and disposable if need be.

Obviously I'd like some help filling this out and as my first factory subsmission I think a simple thing such as this would be useful. I'm not sure if something like it has been done before, but I thought that it might help us perform reconnaissance and scouting trips in invasions/dominions or other threads.

Yay! I might create a company to deal with technology such as this instead of trrying to work out which companies the Fel have contracts with.

@[member="Xander Carrick"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom