Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Mangrove Mischief

Objective: Help locals
Tag: Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

00_001.doric.png
I hadn't intended to come to this planet, but I was glad I did. The distress signal had come from a small community on this backwater planet, they were not technologically advanced and had had to trek hundreds of miles through swamps just to find a Galactic range transmitter. They couldn't tell what was happening, but the river that fed the mangrove swamp they called home had suddenly dried up and everything was dying, the trees, their crops, their people.

It hurt me to see this, because villagers reminded me of the moorchild villages back home, and I felt like I had seen this kind of activity before. I had done a little digging and a new company had appeared and undertaken a massive construction project somewhere in the jungles. If I liked to bet, they built a dam, this company would build the dam, kill off the swamp and then file for bankruptcy when any environmental fines came their way, if they did at all on a planet like this. Then in comes another company, and there is no reason to deny lucrative logging rights to the already dead but valuable trees. They did it to my people on Chaldea, they will do it again.

I shook my head clearing out the anger which was blurring my concentration as we bounced across the terrain on a very unsafe looking contraption which was essentially no more than a sheet of metal with a powerful fan on the back. I had offered to fly up here alone to investigate, but it was hard to find and they were concerned I might get lost, so here I was, skimming inches across the drying river bed on this death trap.

The fun thing about these off the books construction sites, if there even was one, I was still guessing after all; Was that off the books meant they were less likely to report any incidents, and less consequences for someone like me snooping around, except they might kill me, there was always that. I wasn't planning to hurt anyone, that wasn't my style, but if I could delay the process just long enough for the government to intervene before everything died, I might just be able to save the people here.

"We're here Gwen, this is as far as the boat can go, you OK on your own? It's a few miles up river we think."

I nodded at the man "Yeah, thanks, I'm going to head on in then. See you later" I climbed up onto a branch and shifted into my preffered hawk form. Following the river for a few miles to find what should by now be a fairly sizable body of water should be easy, I hoped as I took to the wing and the river craft disappeared beneath me. I did wonder if doing this alone was a little reckless, but if I was to head off to get more help, who knew how long it would be before the problem was resolved.​

Equipment: Nightsister energy bow | Lightsaber
Companion: Grisial
Outfit: Casual Attire
Tags: Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

"Grisial, come on, we need to work on a mission together. It can't always be playing around with younglings and raiding the temple kitchens." Dreidi pointed out to a very grumpy and huffy Vulptex.

She rolled her eyes as he telepathically communicated his dislike since he was wanting food and to run around, especially since this ship was more than a little cramped for his style. Dreidi sighed as she listened to his endless list of problems, issues and inconveniences. "Sounds like you are living such a terrible inconvenient life, but you know if I go on missions then you gotta come with. Especially since I'm the only one who knows how to care for you at the moment."

Dreidi hadn't gotten around to telling anyone else the way to take care of Grisial and his requirements, sure there was going to be a requirement for a Force User since he would be able to communicate with them then but it was the issue of Grisial wasn't the most honest of Vulptexes and Dreidi had her doubts that he would be given the strict regime that she applies if she left with just trusting Grisial to communicate everything. He was a very foxy and sly being when he wanted to be. "Yes, I know that I should make a list of your needs but have you thought about the fact I would be too anxious without you since this is still very early on?" Dreidi mentioned honestly and Grisial fell silent, her response had been unexpected and she could tell he was touched by her concern.

"Look, we are going to try doing something that is low risk for fighting and go somewhere that will be fun to explore for you." Dreidi stated, offering the Vulptex the anticipation of a job that suited his speed more.

Scrolling through the list of assignments, there were something that she evaluated as too risky but then noticed a distress signal had been triggered in a jungle area with the inhabitants struggling with a drying river. "Look, exploration, investigation and some fun with low chances of fighting people." Dreidi pointed out the Grisial who sent curious and intrigued vibes to Dreidi. Highlighting his interest in the job.

Setting the ship to the coordinates of the mission, Dreidi made sure they were safely secured and activated the hyperdrive.

"We are not lost Grisial. That isn't the same tree from an hour ago, it isn't even the same colour!" Dreidi called out with an exasperated sigh, the Vulptex was still grumpy since he wasn't keen on getting mucky, though Dreidi wasn't too concerned herself so she was surprised that the Vulptex would be concerned. "Look, I can shower you once we get back to the ship, there's a hose there so stop fretting that your crystals will get dirty." Dreidi stressed, she didn't realise how vain Grisial could be.

Teleporting to a thick tree branch, Dreidi scouted the area out. Looking around, she had been informed that another was doing the mission as well and heading out this way but she wasn't sure who it would be. All she knew was that there was suspicious it could be a dam made by a company illegally. Which would be curious and fun the break. Some minor vigilante justice wouldn't be a terrible thing, Dreidi figured.

"Keep an eye out for anyone on the mission. And potential threats." Dreidi warned Grisial as she teleported to another thick branch to support her weight.

00_001.doric.png
The flight was easy enough, I soared on thermals over the jungle and glided gently down. A few miles ahead I could now see the distinct shimmering sunlight on water. Trees still loomed out of the new floodplain so it was difficult to see the extent of the flooding, but there was clearly a small lake further upstream.

I felt a strange feeling in the air as is dipped low over some trees, it was the force... maybe? This place was very isolated so even small disturbances in the force could be felt. Was there someone down there? I tried to look closer but the dense foliage made it hard to see the ground and the breeze in the canopy made the ground look like it was moving anyway. Before making my final approach to the lake I did a couple of orbits over the area where I felt the use of the force. It bothered me that if someone was down there they could probably see me through gaps in the canopy, but I couldn't see them. There was little I could do though right now, landing and exploring could waste time for nothing.

As I turned back to the lake I sent out a thought for anyone that might be force sensitive to here, it wasn't words as that would require more specific knowledge of the target, more a sensation, an invitation to come find me, so they knew they weren't alone. The lake was now in front of me again and it only took me around thirty seconds to come in to land where the forest gave way to the cleared area.

It was a damn, it stretched a few dozen metres across a narrow valley in the hills that the water had cut through. It looked brand new, but quite shoddily built with twisted steel reinforcement bars sticking out from places in the fresh concretes. I wanted to scout a little further so a shifted again into a less conspicuous creature, one of the small monkey like creatures that inhabited the woods. I wasn't familiar with the species so it was a very crude version, I didn't even know if I had the right amount of fingers or toes. But it would allow me to get a little closer and check the place out.

Scampering through the long grass, I couldn't help but feel a presence in the force out there behind me but I had to let it go and concentrate. There didn't seem to be many people around, I saw a guy in a dark green jump suit holding a holopad, and there were several security droids. This wasn't all that surprising really, we were in the middle of nowhere, who were they expecting to visit all the way out here. The lake itself, now I could see it came up a few metres from the original level of the river but was still a way below the level of the dam.

<<Oh hey you!>> I spoke telepathically to another small primate that had come alongside me at the perimeter fence and was currently fiddling with my fur. <<groom?>> was the impression I got back from my companion as it began to rummage through my fur looking for insects. <<Sure, why not?>> It wouldn't find any... I could feel its disappointment but it continued to groom me in the hope of a tasty treat, it kind of felt relaxing.​

There was a familiar presence in the Force calling out to Dreidi. Someone was seeking to meet her, to speak with her. It was strange way to approach since it was only a feeling, and not someone reaching out, she was puzzled by who it could have been and assumed that they mustn't have seen her due to the fact it wasn't a direct message. Looking down at Grisial, Dreidi communicated mentality to him that they needed to check out the location of the meet up but that he would need to scout around and let her know if anything sounded out of place.

Arriving at the location, Dreidi remained high in the trees. She wanted to keep herself hidden and protected from whoever it might be since she was aware that this could be an obvious trap. Grisial was sniffing around the area, making sure that the intentions and vibrations through the Force were not anything that Dreidi needed to worry about. She could tell that there wasn't anything that Grisial could assess as a threat, the only things that she could sense from him was the normal animals around. Monkeys grooming each other.

Dreidi teleported into the middle of the area. She inhaled deeply and could sense the presence of someone else. Someone that she felt familiar with but also had only briefly encountered. Kashyyyk. After she visited her father's grave. Dreidi looked around as she attempted to see where Gwen might be, but it was hard, if she recalled the other woman could transform into different animals so she doubted she would just see her.

"Hey Gwen, you called out to me?" Dreidi called out, it was only getting this close that Dreidi could tell who it was now.

00_001.doric.png
I felt the sensation in the force as the other woman teleported and yet it still made me jump when she called out to me, more than that it made my furry friend jump and he scampered howling into the nearby trees. I turned, still in my primate form and looked at Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic , putting my lips to my fingers to keep her from calling out any more. I lay myself down on the floor and shifted into my devaronian form and gestured that the woman lay down next to me to enjoy both the vantage point, and the cover of the long grass.

"Of all the people" I laughed and lifted myself onto my elbows so i could point out what we were looking at. "Let me fill you in. This dam is blocking the water down stream, its an illegal construction and its not finished yet. My friend that you scared off told me there is a "big shiny bird that drops off the white monkeys that scare me" which I am guessing is some kind of soldier. What do you think?... oh yeah, the dam isnt even close to being full yet."

I put my fingers in front of my face, crudely triangulating the distances between buildings, and trying to work out a plan. I was quite relieved to have company. "How have you been?" I asked the white haired witch next to me, nudging her with my shoulder in a friendly manner. As we watched a security droid went on his patrol route nearby our fence, he didn't appear to have noticed us, and went about his duty. He was barely even scanning his surroundings so I suspected he wasn't really up to much. "He comes back about every fifteen minutes"

I wondered how the Jedi side of Dreidi would interact with some of the activities that I might call environmental activism, but the corpos might call eco-terrorism. A wry smile appeared on my lips as different plans formed in my mind, I guessed I would find out the persuasions of the Jedi Witch soon enough.

Dreidi followed Gwen to her position and shifted in close, Grisial relaxed a lot more since Dreidi's aura was calmer and she knew who this stranger was so he kept close by but ensuring they were protected as he guarded them.

"Does make the galaxy feel like a small place to bump into you of all people here." Dreidi offered a small chuckle, "the natives told me of the dam. They said that another person had come to help them deal with it. I am guessing that you are the other person?" Dreidi looked to the shape shifter for confirmation before looking at the dam and thinking about what was the best way to deal with it. If it was illegal then there were a few ways that she could think.

The knowledge of troops and ships deploying them didn't sound ideal but also curious. If the dam was illegal then she could only presume that their presence on the world would also be equally illegal.

"Blowing up the dam sounds like the best way to go about things. If it is truly illegal then there is nothing they can do to prevent that or object to it since there would have been legal means that they could have gone for the construction," Dreidi mentioned, if it had been a legal dam, then Dreidi would have had a trickier time since it would have been reflecting the Jedi poorly to circumvent the law, however, destroying illegal activities was justice and no corporation could argue against that and win.

She offered a smile, "good, just been travelling around and finding what type of Jedi Knight and Witch I wish to be. I also gained a companion in the form of Grisial as well." Gesturing to the Vulptex who looked at them both and greeted Gwen telepathically. "Well, if we need to, we can have Grisial distract him to make our move." Dreidi suggested, though Grisial was not pleased about being volunteered for bait work.

"You wanted to do this mission," Dreidi pointed out which just caused the Vulptex to grumble.

00_001.doric.png
I nodded in confirmation to Dreidi that I was indeed the one the locals sent up still muttering to myself trying to work things out in my head. It was her plan that caused me to turn my head with a raised eyebrow and a mischievous smirk on my face.

"Blowing up a dam? I think I like that kind of Jedi" I stuck my tongue out at Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic . It was not the first thing I had expected to come out of the mouth of one of the guardians of Galactic order, but it matched my own plans which made me happy.

She directed my attention to her companion, a glassy white looking creature. I felt his greeting in my mind and I returned the same, apparently sentient then? "I've not seen that species before, he's beautiful."

I pulled my knees up to a squat before preparing to head in, with the droid now out of sight we had a few minutes window to approach unseen, but it would still be prudent to keep low, just in case. "The last time I did something like this was back home, the construction crews had all sorts of stuff you could make explode..." I paused "I don't want to kill anyone today, yeah?" did I need to say that because I somehow thought a Jedi would want to cause harm? or did I say that because I wanted her to know I wasn't some idiot that just wanted to hurt people.

"OK let's go" I moved forward in a low crouch before skinshifting back into the monkey form that was small enough to slip through the bars in the fence unnoticed. Immediately on the other side of the fence the long grass gave way to open dirt where machines had cleared it, I couldn't feel anyone reacting to my presence, but I wasn't sensitive enough to completely rely on it yet. I crossed the open space to the more built up areas before shifting back to my devaronian form and pressing my back against the wall. There were more buildings here with doors and ladders so I would need my hands and my wits about me. I looked back over to where my accomplice was and mentally gestured that she followed.

Dreidi chuckled. "I only suggest it because you stated this is illegal. I can destroy illegal dams, if they had done this through legal means then I would have needed another route."

"Vulptex, from Crait. Crystal fox type of deal." Dreidi explained, Grisial shook his coat and the sunlight shimmered off him in a prism like manner. "His species doesn't usually display his level of sentience but our bond seems to have developed it for him." Grisial didn't object to what Dreidi was stating since he believed it to be true as well.

Nodding her head, "I don't wish anyone to die either, workers aren't the bad guys here." Dreidi confirmed as she followed Gwen forward, where Gwen shifted into an animal to pass through the gate, Dreidi simply teleported herself through with Grisial following behind, as he was easily able to squeeze through the fence and keep up with the both of them.

Moving closer to Gwen, Dreidi smiled warmly and then leaned in and whispered, "don't stress about moving around. I can keep us from being seen, we just need to stick together." Dreidi could cast some Magick and turn them invisible if needed though she hoped it would be something she would need to do too often since she was not able to keep it up for long.

00_001.doric.png
"Vulptex huh? I might have to give that a try some time, the crystals look like they might be tricky though. I'd love to have a closer look later?" I glanced at Grisial so it was clear to him I was asking him directly, rather than asking Dreidi.

I can keep us from being seen, we just need to stick together

"That's a useful trick" I grinned, still getting used to the feeling of the teleportation next to me. I was peering round the corner at a door I wanted to access which appeared to be guarded by another security droid. In the distance was what looked like an electrical box, I had an idea. "I'm still getting use to the force so I don't have many tricks... but I can do this.." I pulled an innocuous looking smoothed stone from a pouch on my belt and rolled it between my fingers, its surface glistened as I imbued it with the force before slotting it into my wrist mounted slingshot. The stone flew fast and true impacting the electrical box with the force of a blaster pistol and sending a shower if sparks into the air. The droid reacted immediately to the commotion, turning and walking down the pathway to investigate. I looked at Dreidi and then made my move towards the door, crossing the ground and quickly trying it. The door would lead inside the dam which would be a much better place to inflict maximum damage.

It was locked from the inside and someone had left the key in so i couldnt pick it... "Chit!" I cursed to myself <<We might need one of your tricks about now>> I sent a message telepathically to my friend, pulling myself into the small alcove that protected the doorway, just in case the droid happened to glance back down the path and spot my intrusion.​

Dreidi watched as Gwen imbued the stone with the Force. It was an interesting way to go around things.

"Seems that you have a few cool tricks of your own." Dreidi whispered back to Gwen. She then followed Gwen to the door and saw that her friend was struggling with the lock on the door. Dreidi frowned since it seemed a very old school way of locking a door.

Shifting to move where Gwen was, Dreidi placed her palm against the lock and focused. She could feel the mechanisms within and the key preventing Gwen from breaking in. Dreidi focused her attention and used the Force to turn the locks into place and with a click, the door slid ajar. She had been able to break in. Grisial slid inside first as Dreidi grabbed Gwen quickly and pulled them both inside.

Doing so meant that they were very close together once they were inside and Dreidi just gave a friendly smile. It was great to be inside and Dreidi make sure to shut the door so the droid wouldn't see them.

"What's the plan now?" Dreidi asked with a smirk on her lips, ready to explode things.

00_001.doric.png
Dreidi opened the door for us, I was a little embarrassed by the ease at which the other woman did that, but telekinesis was a skill I hadn't really grasped. But my embarrassment was to be short lived as the vulptex disappeared from sight and the slender hand of my companion yanked me inward too. As I swung inwards I found myself just momentarily close and face to face with her and my fists between us against her collar bones. I skipped a breath with the sudden closeness, but I was merely able to return the smile before the embrace ended and she carried on in.

"What's the plan now?"

'Yeah... right, a plan" I replied as we made our way down a few flights of stairs into what felt like a very long and thin, triangular ceilinged room. We were inside the dam on a metal gantry between the two walls. I paused for a few seconds as a noise almost like whale song passed through the room. "Apparently that noise is metal supports inside the wall, as the dam slowly fills, the changing pressure causes the metal to flex and sing like that..." I smirked, "The last dam I visited did tours"

I walked quickly, checking crates and barrels, I knew what I was looking for. "We need industrial fuel cells, if we place them against the walls and overload them just right, they should do the trick." A little trick I had learned from the girls from Denon. Maybe I should have let them loan me some actual explosives. I looked back over my shoulder at the witch, the look on her face told me she was all in on this adventure.

"If we do this, we are going to have to get out of here fast, water will rush in and the opposite wall will collapse." I added as we walked and continued to explore.​

Last edited:

"This isn't your first time?" Dreidi cocked an eyebrow, "often go around blowing up dams?" Dreidi teased with a soft chuckle as she looked around. It was a curious noise but one that didn't mean anything good so Dreidi couldn't enjoy the noises that she was hearing. Instead she took them in her stride and just paid attention to what Gwen had to offer in terms of a plan.

Fuel cells? Seemed like a good explosive though they would need something that would set them off. Her energy bow might do the trick but she wasn't sure. And then they needed a quick way out of the place as well. "I'll send Grisial out to search for the fastest route out of here while we search for the fuel cells. That way he can guide us out of here when we are ready."

Grisial nodded his head, happy to do that as it put him the furthest away from the explosions and ensured he would be safe. He started darting away as they searched the location for fuel cells. "So, you often committing environmental vigilantism? Should I be on the look out for wanted posters of you?" Dreidi teased, striking a conversation as they searched the area.

00_001.doric.png

"often go around blowing up dams?"

I laughed and gave Dreidi a mischievous grin under my hair. "Why, Jedi? Trying to extract a confession?" I was happy to leave her guessing, I didn't feel like she was out to entrap me, but it was good to leave a little of my activity undisclosed, just in case.

The Vulptex ran off ahead and I silently wished him well and that he didn't run into anything too troublesome. "You two are bonded right? You'll know if he gets into trouble?" I asked as I attempted to prize the lid off of another crate, the look on my face disappointed when I saw rows of straw packed heavy construction bolts.

"So, you often committing environmental vigilantism? Should I be on the look out for wanted posters of you?"

I blushed a little at the question as I grabbed a pry bar to open one more crate. "As far as I am aware I'm not wanted anywhere, I try to be careful not to cause any harm or mess with anyone who might have legal recourse against me... mostly." I grunted as I struggled with the bar and gestured with my eyes that my accomplice grab one while we talk.

"So, the reason I look like this and not... well it doesn't matter... is because when I was a baby, strip miners came to Chaldea and totally decimated the lands where my tribe lived. My family gave me away... technically swapped me... with the baby of a lovely couple I call mum and dad. By the time I was old enough to find out where I came from..." I sighed and raised my eyebrows, she was smart enough to know what I was getting at. The lands of my tribe wiped out, replaced with mines.

"So now I try and fix things I was too young to deal with back then.. How about you? There must be a reason you ended up here, and if you say you were guided by the force" I poked my tongue at her before I let out a large grunt and the lid popped off the crate revealing row after row of fuel cell all marked with a yellow triangle signifying their volatile nature. "jackpot"

"Just making sure I know what I am signing up for by being your friend." Dreidi smirked, not necessarily concerned too much, it wasn't like Gwen was doing these things out of malice. Perhaps it was rash or not the Jedi way of handling things, but she wasn't a Jedi so Dreidi couldn't stop her.

Dreidi nodded her head, "he is bonded to me through the Force. Seems to have increased his intelligence, allows him to communicate to Force Users through the Force and we've been attempting to train his skills in combat but he is more suited to roaming around scouting ahead and searching for others." Dreidi commented, she wasn't upset with Grisial for where his skills laid, it was nice.

Searching through the crates, Dreidi looked around for the fuel cells. Smirking over to Gwen, "well, at least that is something. Would be awkward to hang out and suddenly got officers attempting to arrest you part way through." Dreidi pointed out with a soft chuckle.

"Well, that's tough." Dreidi was somewhat lost for words, unsure how to offer anything else to that topic. Dreidi had told Gwen already that her father had passed, so she knew that Dreidi understood those feelings. "I heard the signal for help and came. I've been travelling around since Kashyyyk to give out what kind of Jedi and Witch I want to be." Dreidi shrugged, "it can be hard switching from being a Padawan to a Jedi Knight, can feel pathless."

Dreidi grinned, "got some more over here." She lifted the cells carefully out with the Force and guided it into position. It was heavy but nothing that Dreidi couldn't handle.

00_001.doric.png

Would be awkward to hang out and suddenly got officers attempting to arrest you part way through

I laughed, then shrugged innocently "I didnt say I've never been arrested. Never for anything serious, usually just a slap on the wrists for a bit of aggravated trespass. I stunned a few construction droids on Belazura recently, that was fun but Corpsec didn't see it that way." I stopped myself when I realised the subtle implication of what the witch had actually said to me. "I like the idea of hanging out with you some more" My lips curled in a smile.

I wasn't as adept with telekinesis as Dreidi, so I had to move the tanks manually, but it wasn't exactly difficult, we ended up with them arrayed around one of the supports and against the primary wall of the dam that faced the water, I was pleased with our handiwork as I stood admiring it for a few minutes. "There's something I need to do... hang on, but make sure you are ready to leave because they are going to know we are here"

I walked over to an intercom on the wall and looked at it quizzically, it took me a few moments to work out how to make it broadcast my voice through the announcing speakers. "Hi... So, this is just a heads up, in a few minutes I am going to blow a big hole in your illegal dam. I don't want to hurt anyone, so please can all organic staff make their way to the northern bank of the river and enjoy the show." I clicked off the tannoy and looked back as Dreidi for approval. There was a short delay before klaxons started sounding to alert the staff of their impending doom. "Let's go..." I said to Dreidi as I gestured that we run south in the direction of her companion.

As we began to move the elevator at the opposite end began to make noises as something descended before the doors opened to reveal one of the security droids who leveled his blaster and opened fire at us before shouting for us to stop. I placed a one of my ministure gungan boomas into my slingshot and fired behind us as we ran. It hit the droid in the shoulder but it must have been shielded against ions as it arm only briefly dropped before it recovered and continued.​

"Of course, who else is gunna help you blow up illegal dams?" Dreidi poked her tongue at Gwen, "it would be nice to hang out and do something a little calmer."

Dreidi watched as Gwen approached the intercom and attempted to work it out, seemed that her friend was not adept at electronics which was something that was good to note for the future. While Gwen informed the workers to leave the dam before it exploded, Dreidi checked in mentally with Grisial to make sure he had gotten a way out for them and was doing okay. For a long moment there was nothing which caused Dreidi to panic a little, then Grisial finally checked in.

"Daft Vulptex." Dreidi exclaimed to herself. "Grisial has a way out but panicked a bit since it was waste pipe so he didn't want to get mucky." She informed Gwen, sure that her friend wouldn't be that bothered by escaping that way. "He'll be by the door he left through soon, he'll lead us out as soon as we're ready to go." She nodded to Gwen.

As the droid entered the room, Dreidi pulled out her energy bow and fired a shot at the droid. Then a second bolt just to be safe that the droid was going down. She then paused at the door and inhaled deeply. Calming her breathing, she looked out to where the fuel tanks were and released the energy bolt. Hitting the tanks and causing them to ignite immediately.

Turning around, "Grisial is coming but seems like two droids are chasing him..." Dreidi sighed, she knew that this was likely to happen. He never escaped trouble that one.

00_001.doric.png
I laughed at the fact that Grisial appeared to have learned vanity along with his sentience. "I don't think I'd want to have to groom all those crystals either, but, waste pipe it is." Dreidi's bow flashed three times, downing the droid and then igniting the fuel tanks that burned low for a few moments before a larger flare appeared as the containment around the fuel began to breech, we had moments to escape.

I heard Grisial's charms in front of us and I ran past him, shifting into a red furred bear-sloth form as we passed each other, and leaping on to the first of the two droids to appear. It's blaster seared my fur and I roared in pain as I smashed his chassis into the ground. It took a couple of attempts but I heard the neck connections snap and the photoreceptors on the machine winked out. Doing something calmer with the witch sounded wonderful, but this was fun and if she was attuned to that sort of thing she might even feel the exhilaration I was feeling right now.

The building shook and dust fell from the ceiling as the first blast went off behind us, there would likely be several more like that before the whole place came down and we were confronted with vast amounts of water from the lake. I hoped that the organic staff had heard and responded to my warning.

The second droid tried to level its gun at me as it rounded the same corner, but I was quick enough to get the rifle out of his hands with a strike of my claws, even if I didn't quite have the reach to do more than send the machine staggering backwards a few feet where he pulled out his side arm to try and attack me with that as an alternative. He sent a few wide blasts my way as we both recovered out footing.

"Please don't encourage his behaviour..." Dreidi groaned with a smirk on her lips, she liked that Grisial was caring about his appearance but that didn't mean she was eager to encourage his vanity when it came to working on missions. There were times and places to focus on appearance. That was what she believed either way.

Watching Gwen shift into an animal and begin attacking the droids, it was impressive, she didn't think that Gwen would be much of a fighter. Someone more suited to cause chaos and avoiding conflict, but it was nice to see that her friend could handle herself in a fight. Meant that she didn't have to stress out or worry that her friend was going to get hurt. Or at least, could handle things more than she initially thought. Dreidi wasted no time either.

She raced forward, placing the bow away and switching to her Lightsaber, she jumped forward then teleported behind the droid. As she appeared behind the droid she took her Lightsaber and stabbed downwards, destroying the second droid. "Best we don't hang around here!" Dreidi shouted out as the building rumbled more. It seemed like they needed to be shifting out of here quickly, and Dreidi knew she could do that.

"If you can shift into a fast animal, that'll be great!" She called out before getting on all fours, shifting her body into the form more naturally built for speed. Nodding to Grisial, he raced forward and like a wolf chasing prey, Dreidi launched herself forward afterwards.

00_001.doric.png

"Best we don't hang around here!"

<<I couldn't agree with you more>> I returned telepathically as I was still in bear-sloth form before nodding at her suggestion to shift again, I glanced at Grisial then shifted into something sort of resembling him. I had the right shape and muscle structure, but was covered in red and white mottled fur instead of those intricate crystals.

The other two sped off ahead of me as I felt the remaining power cells exploding behind me and felt more shaking. I ran fast to catch up seeing Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic running like this was very interesting and just made me want to find out more about her. I quickly caught up as the three of us ran, this was fun, I felt like i was part of a pack, albiet slightly mismatched. Mud in the bottom of the tunnel splattered the three of us as we ran but I didn't care. <<I hope you know where we are going>> i communicated to Grisial, not even knowing if he would understand me.

The pipe was long and ran gently down hill until we could see the light at the end of the tunnel...

Grisial went first, then Dreidi, then myself, tumbling out of the pipe and into the cold brackish waters of the draining pool. The water level had risen where the dam was emptying upstream and had backed up along the drainage channel, it was swampy and murky, but at least it was still and safe from the turbulence in the main river right now. I came to the surface first, having returned to my devaronian form. My hair had slicked to my head and a fallen leaf adorned my now clearly protruding horns. My heart pounced in my chest as a treaded water looking around trying to catch sight of my friends.

Grisial did not appreciate Gwen questioning his navigation ability but did not comment on it since he was desperate to rush out of the pipe and into the water to escape the explosion.

Dreidi felt the cold water hit her body and she struggled to keep her breath in before she swam to the surface of the water, coughing and spluttering as she gasped for air. The current wasn't very strong yet but with the dam breaking, there was going to be a massive rush of current that could sweep them all away. This was dangerous for her but Dreidi panicked more about Grisial since the water could take him away and end up drowning. Looking around, she was desperately attempting to see where he was.

She couldn't see him, "Grisial! Grisial! GRISIAL!" Dreidi shouted out with more and more frantic tones to her voice as she looked around, the connection to the Vulptex informed her that he was close and that she needed to find him since he was struggling with the water.

"I'm coming Grisial!" Dreidi called out as she swam towards where the Force Bond guided her, thankful for having the bond to locate her companion. She spotted the Vulptex paddled desperately in the water as he attempted to stay afloat and clearly not working comfortably as a strong swimmer. Dreidi wrapped an arm around the Vulptex and held him close. She prayed that she could get them both to the shore as she swam the best that she could. Grisial was feeling a little more frantic and swearing to not go swimming like that ever again since it was too scary for him.

Getting to the shoreline where Grisial could comfortable wade to the land, Dreidi looked out to where Gwen was. Waving over to her, she had felt more confident in her friend's ability to swim than Grisial's as she panted hard, slightly worn out by swimming with Grisial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom