Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Mandalorian crash-arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghed Saya

G
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Making bows viable without energy weapons involved.
  • Image Source: None
  • Canon Link: None
  • Primary Source: Density projector; another small, portable version of mass modification tech is referenced in The Wine in Dreams.

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Some traditional Mandalorian armorers
  • Affiliation: Can be used by Mandalorians without asking
  • Model: Crash-arrow
  • Modularity: Crash-arrow heads can be fitted to any kind of arrow/bolt shaft/fletching.
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Durasteel, electronics

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Arrowhead
  • Size: Average for an arrowhead
  • Weight: Average for an arrowhead, shifting to Extreme after the arrow is fired
  • Ammunition Type: N/A (is an arrow)
  • Ammunition Capacity: N/A (is an arrow)
  • Reload Speed: N/A (is an arrow)
  • Effective Range: Long Range (with a good bow and a strong archer)
  • Rate of Fire: Depending on the archer, probably Low (is an arrow)
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average (is an arrow)

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Arrowhead increases in simulated mass (due to miniature density projector) immediately after launch.

STRENGTHS
  • Immense increase in simulated mass radically impacts the arrow's momentum after it has been fired.
  • Like any arrow, pretty much silent compared to a blaster or slugthrower.

WEAKNESSES
  • Quite difficult to craft; it's unlikely that a Mandalorian archer would have more than two or three of these on hand.
  • Will go through many targets, risking damage to whatever's on the other side.
  • Electromagnetic pulse weapons will disable the crash-arrow's head, requiring repairs.
  • Absolutely not reusable. The arrow's technology is irrevocably destroyed on impact.

DESCRIPTION

I drew the arrow to my cheek like any other shaft and let fly. It sped along like any other arrow, arcing down the battlefield. The battle walker's commander must have laughed to see me standing there with a hardwood longbow. Presumably he was still laughing when my arrowhead gained the mass of a sledgehammer and punched through his glasteel viewport.
- Ghed Saya, Mandalorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom