Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MandalArms FZ.13 CryoBan Projector

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: MandalArms, Kaine Australis
  • Affiliation: AX-0021
  • Model: MandalArms FZ.13
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: CryoBan Components, Durasteel, Titanium, Ionite/EMP Resistant Electrical Components, CryoBan resistant Materials
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Wrist Mounted CryoBan Projector
  • Beam Velocity: 1122 m/s
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Light
  • Ammunition Type: CryoBan Cell
  • Ammunition Capacity: 25 Seconds of Continuous Discharge
  • Reload Speed: Slow (~4-5 Seconds)
  • Effective Range: Personal (25 m)
  • Rate of Fire: Average
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Ionite and EMP Hardened Construction
  • Integrated Remote HUD Uplink (Ammunition Counter, Operating Temperature, Weapon Integrity, Targeting Computer, Rangefinder, Etc.)
  • Biometric Security System (Prevents enemy/unidentified agents from firing the weapon)
  • Neural Interfacing Software
Strengths:
  • The Freeze of Death: The damage potential of the FZ.13 far exceeds that of other weapons of its class. Upon being discharged, the bluish beam is intended to deplete the energy of its target to nigh-absolute zero. As a result, inorganic materials may immediately shatter or crack upon being struck by the beam, allowing for the CryoBan particles to quickly pass through the fractures. Organic matter that comes into contact with the freezing beam may immediately sustain fourth degree frostbite. In addition, the CryoBan may freeze blood vessels and send the target into shock, especially if blood flow is halted to any vital organs. Nerve damage and amputation is also a possible injury that may be sustained from the weapon. Finally, the CryoBan beam may also freeze targets in place, especially if the lower extremities or any other anatomical structures intended for locomotion are affected.
  • Fire Fighter: Although the FZ.13 was built to function as an offensively oriented weapon, the heat neutralizing properties of CryoBan make the weapon extremely effective as a firefighting tool.
  • The Fury of Fire and Ice: The already extreme lethal potential of the FZ.13 is significantly increased when utilized in tandem with a heat or energy based weapon. In essence, the rapid cooling and subsequent reheating of a target can shatter armors and further aggravate injuries that a living being may have sustained from the weapon.
Weaknesses:
  • Low Range: The FZ.13 suffers from a typical downfall of its weapon type in that it is not a long ranged weapon. The weapon’s potency begins to suffer past twenty-five meters from the discharge point, at which point the CryoBan particles will begin to slowly disassociate from the condensed stream and eventually evaporate into the air.
  • Protracted Reload: The FZ.13 has a slow reload which is especially crippling due to the weapon’s inability to be effective at long ranges.
  • Expensive Materials: The FZ.13 utilizes rare materials which themselves are resistant to the weakening effects of CryoBan. As such, the weapon itself is expensive and difficult to replace.
DESCRIPTION
The MandalArms FZ.13 CryoBan Projector is cryogenic weapon that discharges a concentrated beam of CryoBan which freezes and absorbs heat from its targets. The weapon is a custom and unique order created by Kaine Australis, in order to help equip a discrete ally from the First Order.

[member="Immortal Cyan"],

I really like the idea of this. Its been thought out to an extent, and would love to have one of these myself. However, I have a couple questions for you.

I am not sure if you completely understand the application of "Absolute Zero" when used by this. While yes, this is a Sci-Fi site, and its really open to the extent in which one can get away with, I would like to point something out. Absolute Zero is a state in which atoms/Molecules are in the lowest form of energy consumption. Resulting in EVERY element on the table of elements to be solid. It's a form where NOTHING can move. And in order to reach this state, scientists have literal billions upon billions of dollars worth of technology to be able to create an environment that would be Absolute Zero.

To me, it makes very little sense for a very simple handheld device to be able to replicate it. When after my research shows nothing else in the Star Wars Canon to be able to do this feat. Yes, Cryoban can create Frostbite of a Stage 4 case. However, it has never mentioned to be able to reach Absolute Zero with a simple press of a button.

Secondly, I do not see the point in using cryoban when the weapon can already create a beam of Absolute Zero. There is no point in freezing people, when the attack from a beam of Absolute Zero thermal energy would freeze them instantly and kill them. For instance, If the human body's internal temperature becomes lower than its standard of 98.6 degrees F, the person literally dies due to organ failure.

Third, If a beam of Absolute Zero is introduced into an environment such as, normal living conditions, the beam would either make everything in the surrounding area to freeze within a handful of seconds, including yourself, OR cause all of the heated molecules in the air to converge upon the beam in such a fashion that would be reminiscent of an Implosion that would rival nuclear warheads.

I would like to ask for you to remove the mention of Absolute Zero from your submission, in place of words that would be more reminiscent of "Extremely cold" or other versions such as that. If you have any questions or concerns about what I have stated, please do not hesitate to ask. I am more than willing to work with you on this to make it viable.

I think it's important that we both understand that this weapon is virtually impossible under the laws of thermodynamics and is really only something that exists within the realm of fantasy . With that said, I utilized the term "Absolute Zero" because it most effectively gets across the extreme nature of this weapon in a way that "extreme cold" does not, while also driving home the fact that this submission is intended to act as a lethal weapon rather than as a nonlethal "stun" device. I admit that I've used the term very pseudo scientifically here, but it was more to enhance the technobabble.

In your second to last paragraph, you basically stated what CryoBan does. To quote Wookiepedia, "CryoBan was a chemical that absorbed heat, creating intense cold in a given area." However, since viable CryoBan weaponry exists in the Star Wars universe, the implosion of energy that you pointed out would occur in a realistic universe implicitly would not transpire in this fantastical context.

I did nullify the term "Absolute Zero" a bit and changed it to "nigh-Absolute to Zero".

[member="Immortal Cyan"], I am not blind to the site being based around fantasy/Sci Fi element. I even admitted it in my post. The first couple sentences of the first paragraph. And while yes, typically Cryoban is used as a riot/capture tool rather than a lethal usage, I am very hesitant to allow something to be handheld to generate a Absolute Zero scenario. I thank you for the changes you have made with the weapon.

Thank you for working with me, and enjoy the new shiny toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom