Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Mal Tevrak

Status
Not open for further replies.
0sphurS.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: I need a base of operations on Redshift. He owns it.
  • ​Image Credit: Pinterest. It had no source link. I'll gladly add one in if I find it.
  • Role: Tea shop owner, contact, and buddy
  • Links: Untamed Legends from about post 16 on; The Deychin Krayt
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Force Sensitivity: Non-Force User
  • Species: Shistavanen
  • Appearance: Mal is a huge wolfman, over two meters tall and easily over 120 kilograms. His two-tone brown and cream fur has a few scratches and scars, including a nasty one over his left eye. His musculature is impressive, but the fur on his arms is beginning to get a bit saggy from age. Not patchy, just...loose. Mal frequently wears traditional clothes despite the gritty station he lives in, and adorns himself with beaded jewelry from his homeworld.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Mal Tevrak
  • Loyalties: Affiliated by proxy with the Outer Rim Coalition
  • Wealth: Entrepreneur; keeping his head above water
  • Notable Possessions: The Deychin Krayt
  • Skills: Small arms, brawling, prospecting, leading expert in all forms of tea
  • Personality: Mal is getting on in years, and he's seen a lot. As a result, he's calm and level-headed most of the time, but also distinctly curmudgeonly and a bit ill-tempered at times. He takes two things very seriously: commentary on his tea, and threats against his customers. He isn't afraid to pull out a scattergun or his claws to answer those, either. Like a great many on Redshift, he has a soft spot for kids.
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Weapon of Choice: Scattergun, or his bare claws
  • Combat Function: Mal is an ex-mercenary and a pretty effective fighter. He tends towards pragmatism, making ample use of cover and his environment. Being a Shistavanen, he's faster and stronger than most baseline humans, and he heals quickly from injuries. That said, while he was a mercenary, he hasn't been for some years, and most of what he deals with now is space trash looking for a scuffle. His combat skills are only really better than the average tavern bouncer, about on-par with a professional civilian bodyguard.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Mal Tevrak was born on Uvena Secundus. The youngest of three brothers, his parents owned a hydroponics farm...meaning life was horrifically boring for a hot-blooded youth. Mal quickly attempted to leave the planet and seek his fortune among the stars as a mercenary, trusting in his natural abilities to succeed in a field filled with squishy, clawless humans.

It was quickly made apparent to the young wolfman that one needed more than claws and fangs to make a good run of paramilitary work. Through several early rough patches, he eventually learned how to actually fight, how to follow orders, market his abilities, and most importantly, survive. Through all of this, he made a decent career out of fighting for money. Not enough to retire, but enough to keep afloat.

Eventually, Tevrak realized his prime had passed. In his thirties, he decided to stop wagering his life for credits and instead saved up enough to buy a ship and go prospecting on the Outer Rim. He hoped to strike it rich...and failed miserably at it. Bankrupt and out the very same ship he'd squandered his savings on, Tevrak was forced to sign on for whatever jobs he could get.

Eventually he lucked out, and one of those jobs was as a pair of hands working to build a massive space station in the middle of nowhere. When Redshift was finished, he claimed a spot of land and started selling tea to wandering Force-users...which is a surprisingly good business, actually.

Fabula Caromed said:
​Image Credit: Pinterest. It had no source link. I'll gladly add one in if I find it.

Yes please! A source to the original artist is very important!

I'm just curious but why is 'prospecting' crossed out? Is it a skill he had that he lost?

Other than that, we should be good to go here!

It's a skill he never had. He failed at prospecting so hard he went bankrupt. :p

There's no image link on that Pinterest entry. It was uploaded from their computer, rather than saved from a different url, and reverse image searching has no other results. If I come across it, I'll gladly put in an edit request to add it in. Right now, there are no answers to that question. No idea where it came from, so I provided where I got it. Pinterest. Sorry.

Fabula Caromed said:
It's a skill he never had. He failed at prospecting so hard he went bankrupt.
Ha gotcha! :p

As for the link, I had a look myself but got no results either. Pinterest isn't ideal but in the absence of any other source material, it'll do. It says where you found the image at least.

Approved Pending Secondary

[member="Mahet"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom