Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making It Up

Matreya

Damien had recently allocated an allotment of something he had once heard of, though never had a chance to work with. Voidstone. Potentially the most devastating thing a Force user could ever face, as it was so similar to Ysalamir but able to manufactured into other items. He had goals to one day synthesize a Ysalamir compound able to be implanted into a body, to basically make a human or other body into a Force negating property.

This in and of itself was a major ideal, one that could be the making of an insanely notable career move.

But until then, he had the Voidstone to work with. As said though, it was not something he had worked with. Sure, he was responsible for the Baka Bodyglove, the HF-1 Boots and so much more. These had required little effort once one had a decent imagination. Take bones, powder or fragment them, imbue them with the Force, and install each step inside of something or other.

How could he work with an item that did not allow one to imbue the Force??

[member="Harley Quyn"]

"Hello, I'm Harley. Nice to meet ya!" Approaching Damien, she held out her han,, taking his and giving a shake. "Valashu sent me. Says you've got somethin you're workin on I can help you with." Looking around, she searched for clues that might tell her what he was working on. Spotting something, she quickly formed an idea of what it might be.

"I'm sorry, darlin', but are you workin on Voidstone? I've heard a few things from Valashu about it. I'm interested in it, because I'm not a big force user, but I am a fighter. It would be nice to fight somebody and not have to worry about them using the force on me."

Matreya

Damien was surprised by the arrival of the busty woman with such pale skin as she arrived. He shook her hand, nodding when she said Valashu had sent her. The man was a close ally, and he always proved to be useful especially in times like this. Damien had contacted the man when he first got the stone, with ideas about possible applications for it. Valashu had immediately agreed, jumping on the band wagon when he heard Damien's idea. A lung would be a permanent feature, yet able to conjure a field that would effectively protect one from Force damages.

"Yes, this item would be perfect for your sort then. A being bent on combat, though afraid to be effected hard core by the Force users of the galaxy. I can say with certainty that I, myself, am a dangerous opponent. To use the Force against one with a Voidstone lung however? It would be damned more powerful." Damien said then turned toward the stone in the distance, "Watch." Instantly he hurled a massive barrage of electricity that simply died away the closer it got to the stone until it was gone entirely.

"That is the issue though. How do I apply the stone ya know?"

[member="Harley Quyn"]

"Yeah, I can see why that might cause some problems for you. Of course there has to be some other way..." Harley trailed off, thinking of what tech he might be able to use for his project." Have you talked to Val about this? I mean, there has to be some tech or something.. He might have something somewhere to help you make it.

With further thought, Harley added to what she had just said." I might be able to find something helpful as well, at my company. But that's just if you want the help, of course. If you have any ideas or plans of ways to do what you want then go with whatever works." Harley reached into her pocket and retrieved her cigarettes. "Mind if I smoke?"

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Matreya

Damien waved a hand absent mindedly, "Valashu also has that habit, just smokes wherever he feels like. I always attempt an obeisant air of approach toward it, so might as well do the same to the mother of his child, no?" He said then nodded at her words, "Of course he might have something to use, our company has access to anything necessary for manufacturing needs. Its top of the line in a thousand aspects for people like me. However, if I bring the Voidstone there, I might disrupt the makings of items, merchandise or other.

"So, no. I will not call him for assistance. Spaarti has plenty, but I doubt much to be useful in this situation." Damien continued, "Oh yes I know of our on going contracts with your company." He added. There really was little that involved him that he was not aware of. His company had merged into the one he now controlled half of, though Valashu ran. Hence he would indeed know of things like further mergers, contracts, sponsorships, all major things involving the organization was run by him quickly. Whether people meant to or not.

"At this point I am thinking that simpler methods should be taken. I can shave some of the stone using a chisel and mallet, take the shavings and work with those.. what do you think?"

[member="Harley Quyn"]

Pulling out a cigarette and her lighter, Harley thought about that idea." Yeah, that could work. Of course, you would need enough to work on, but you don't want to take too much from the stone itself. Then what are you gonna do with the shaved pieces? I thought that the idea was to place it surgically inside of someone's lungs."

Pausing, she thought about who or what they could do to make sure that the stone works the way it's supposed to. "Well, I guess we should get started on the work pretty soon, huh?"

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Matreya

Damien chuckled, shaking a hand to signal a no, "If we jump into the attempts, it would likely pose a problem. There is a majorly finite amount here, and everywhere for that matter. I must make every attempt I can to take these steps slowly. To make sure every portion is well thought out." At that he turned his gaze back toward the stone, rubbing at his chin thoughtfully. This was his most expression posing stance, the chin rub, as he didn't have much else.

"Sir? Mr. Elahad contacted just now. He said to let you know that he has some people that can come and help, cause they think they know how to work the stone best." Said one of his Vod, or brothers in the Mandalorian language.

"What!?" Damien snarled, angry at the idea that Valashu's men, the men he himself trained during his days as owner of JAC, would believe they could handle this situation better than he himself could. It was not only preposterous, but absurd, stupid, and many other incredulous words, "No. You tell him the Master Craftsman can handle this better than if he had assistance."

[member="Harley Quyn"]

Matreya

Damien finally decided upon action, whether it reached the perfection he constantly sought, as it was simply necessary now. The braggart had challenged him. He would not know this was Valashu's plan until later when they spoke. But for now, he knew it was a challenge, one he would not back down from. So he settled his resolve, took a breath, then turned and began walking toward the massive stone they had acquired.

The closer he got, the more queasy he felt. It was not that he was one of those addicted to the Force, but to begin feeling as if he was connected through a mist of fog, the light in the distance, that one so hard to see, was the energy source he had grown to love in his time. How could one whom used the Force as frequently as he not miss it when it felt gone as it did now?

There ahead of him though, sat the massive stone, more of a boulder really, that was set upon a shrine basically. It was a coveted piece, so they showed it respect. It was roughly 4 meters high, and double that wide, with about 6 back. The weight was impeccable, the color was amazing, and the power it emanated was dangerous every step one neared it.

As he did so Damien could swear he saw the stone changing before his eyes. From a distance it was shining, smooth as metal properly refined by a great metallurgist. Up close though, there were dents, rivets, even extra reflective surfaces - maybe crystals? Perhaps these were were the stone got its nature from? It was far and easily able to be believed that crystals could hold the potential, as here in this universe they possess force powers.

Hmmm, Damien thought to himself, maybe some sort of Ysalamir species poured its blood near the stones and it gathered the energy within, making a slightly weaker version..

Matreya

Whatever the cause of its power, Damien was forced to acknowledge that it would take some ingenuity to manufacture the results he wanted. Though he had already come to this conclusion, hence the nearby table of moderate size lined from end to end with numerous tools of a more archaic nature. Hammers, chisels, hand saws, other like materials as well. This caused him too pause, eyeing the tools at hand.

Namely his eyes fell to the hammer and chisel. Grabbing both, he turned and began to slowly knock off chunks as he moved. They were non unison, some large, others tiny, thick, thin, odd shaped, all in all there was a vast state of nonconformity. Yet this was the best he could do without the precision instruments of Merr-Sonn at hand.

Damien felt sweat beading as he worked, as the stone was dense. Incredibly so. Without the Forces natural rejuvenating properties, he was tiring faster than otherwise. Sure he could still hold out longer than most people, or species for that matter, but the Force was simply foggy so close to the void. He was unable to keep his power going properly as he would with full access.

Matreya

Slowly but surely a decent pile of the sticks, if you will, formed and alongside it a nicely sized stack of powder. Each would be perfect for separate steps. One could be inside the make, while the ash like powder could line the inside of the lung tissues. Maybe layers..?

Damien continued, raise the hammer, let it fall, aiming and guiding it as it slammed into the butt of the chisel's handle. Gather the debris, push it to proper piles, lifting the sticks so as not to lose any of the dust as it moved. Again, raise, guide, drop and move onto the next step. It was growing tiresome, annoying even, which he was surprised to feel. He had made many items that required a similar work, but never had he simply wanted to stop, to move onto the next step without perfection being achieved in the current.

A sigh escaped his lips as finally stepped back, his inherent skills with time letting him know what would have taken bare minutes, had taken an hour and a half. Alas though, there was a pile of both, dust and sticks. Enough to be used in - possibly - several lungs, enough to make a few people living, breathing, Ysalamir of a different class.

Harley walked over to where Damien stood, near the large stone and its debris that laid on the floor. "So, what now? I mean, do you have somebody - or something - that you can test it on? I gotta admit, I don't really know how this works.."

Harley pulled another cigarette and her lighter out of her pocket again, followed by a crystal bottle of amber liquid. "Would you like a sip?" she asked, taking a sip herself then placing the bottle on a nearby table. She looked once more at the stone, then back down at the piles of dust and sticks on the floor beneath it.

"So, I'm curious. Does it feel.. different? Being near it, I mean. I'm wondering, because I don't want it to effect my relationship with Valashu. He is a force user, and I don't want the stone to make him... uncomfortable, if you will, when he comes near me."

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Matreya

"You don't feel the change? It should.." Damien paused, then with an arched brow said, "You haven't been trained in the Force have you?" His brow arched, meaning no ill will, but knowing that this was odd in itself. Valashu was worthy of the title of Master, but this was a bad thing, knowing he was leaving his wife with zero training.

He ignored the drink, and the fact she was already onto her second cigarette, but replied to her questions, "There is already plenty of testing done here, I can feel the Force... but it is like... looking through a telescope to see the Force a hundred miles away, and trying to reach out and touch it. I can call it to me... but I might as well have zero usage of the energy for how much I can conjure at this point."

He sighed, rolling his shoulders, then he reached out to put a hand on her as he guided her away from the stone, "I am sorry, but I need distance between myself and it. I am so used to the presence of my power, that without it... well I am unable to bear that." Damien said then gestured to a nearby Manda, "Vod, get the ship. We need to seek out some professionals. Find how to properly make these lungs."

[member="Harley Quyn"]

Matreya

His subordinate was fast, bringing a small craft in a matter of moments. As Damien climbed aboard, he called over his shoulder, "Cabuor te choruk vod." Then ducked under the lip of the entrance to the craft. Finding a seat he put himself in it, folding a leg over the other as he got comfortable. Before the other could question what he said, he explained, "I told the other members of our Clan to protect the stone. I know you're of my Clan by the by, so we should get properly acquainted to that end some day."

Turning then, he began to speak with Teracks, a close ally amongst his Clansmen, "Where do you think we should go for this information? At first I thought a Bio Shop, ya know a place that sells medical procedure equipment. But after thinking about it, I don't know."

"Well, Alor, I believe a hospital might be best. They can at least show you how a proper lung works. Which could teach us all we need anyway, depending on how we play our cards." Teracks said, shrugging loosely, "But either way, we would probably end up with the techniques to make one. Even if only slightly operable, one could lead to a second generation then from there a perfected one."

Harley gave a small giggle at his reaction. "Nope, didn't want any force training. I prefer physical contact, physical combat, etc. I can feel a slight difference in the energy of the room when I get closer to the stone, but it doesn't really effect me. However, being that you clearly prefer to use the force power, I'm wondering how it effects you.. and if it will effect him."

As they started to walk out of the building, Harley realized she forgot her bottle and turned back to retrieve it. "Sorry, forgot my rum," she said, giving another giggle while turning back to grab her bottle. As she returned to walk with him, she took a gulp of rum then returned it to her cloak pocket. "Anyway, as I was saying. What do you think?"

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Matreya

Damien shrugged at Harley, "Honestly whether it will effect Valashu is entirely up to you. If you bring a piece of the stone, one of the lungs, or happen to have the dust on you, it will. Otherwise it would the same as should you come to him as normal. The stone does not leave a residue, it simply is, and it is what provides the dampening effect. So, no stone, no effect on Valashu."

Next he turned his gaze back to Teracks, "That is a proper idea, I guess. I don't want to leave it to repetition for perfection however. By now I am sure you are aware that when I do something I prefer to do it properly the first. I will work multiple examples, only if I have to though."

"Of course Alor, I know this." Teracks replied, hardly containing laughter, "Everyone of the clan does sir. You are a perfectionist through and through. It was simply an idea. Likely the simplest for information, if not the simplest for manufacturing. But it is up to you, sir. We could do either or, or both even. Go to one, then the other, and learn what we will from both, to manufacture the proper end."

"Yes, I do like the idea of that. Gathering information from all angles before continuing. That is how I work on most things anyways." Damien replied, then shouted out to his pilot, "Merossa, dear, would you please take us to the nearest biological manufacturing company. I won't pretend to know where that is though."

Matreya

"Alor, bic cuyir not chaaj'yc. Bat ibic me'suum meh Ni cuy' staabi." Came the reply from Merossa ahead of them. It meant, in their native tongue, that if they were lucky, the nearest factory that would meet their specifications would even be here on the planet. Which itself would be a major breath of luck, as Damien did not like the idea of leaving the stone behind for long if they didn't have to. It was more valuable than most things he ever believed would be, even those items he made using the most powerful of alchemys.

"Jate. Hiibir mhi ogir, iviin'yc." The Ancient called in return, than looked at Harley, "Sorry. She said that the nearest factory was close, possibly on the planet. I said good, to take us there fast." With that he leaned a bit back, reclining the seat just a tad, "So, do you know how Valashu would like to market these? Are they for a specific faction? I imagine the Mandalorians, but there could be detailed design plans in the future. I would market it simply as is, a potential for making one into a humanoid Ysalamir."

"Or just don't. I mean, keep it for the vod. Don't market it at all!" Teracks said, then held up a hand, "Sorry, Alor, it is not my place. But still, you have to see that armoring up other factions is a bad idea. Giving them a one up? When we could use it for our crusade?"

"I agree Terracks, but it isn't just my decision. I am not the sole owner of my company any longer. Nor am I the one who runs the day to day makings."

[member="Harley Quyn"]

Harley looked over at Damien as he spoke with his brothers. "Well, Valashu would like this to be sold to Mandalorians, possibly the Republic Besides that, there isn't any other set marketing plans. Basically, those who know of it can purchase it if they wish."

While listening to Damien speak to his brothers in Mandalorian, she thought about whether or not she wanted to have the stone implanted in her own lungs. Though there were a lot of reasons that she did, she couldn't get over the fact that it might effect her relationship with Valashu.

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Matreya

Damien nodded slowly, "So keep it on our hidden markets list.." He then shrugged, "Sounds like as good an idea as any." At that he went quiet, mulling over their course of actions. First they would stop at the factory, learn everything they could from them, then from then onto the nearest hospital of a refutable status, learn from them, then return back to the stone and forges. Making the lung, implanting it into vod, then testing that out, well those would be the last, and most rewarding, of the steps they had to look forward to.

"Alor, what are your thoughts?" Teracks asked, eyeing his leader, the only man he respected as much as the Manda'lor himself, "I know you are thinking of our plan, but is that it?"

"Mostly. I just am putting steps in order in my thoughts. Planning is one of the biggest steps pertaining to the craft." Damien replied then rose to head toward the cockpit, "Merossa, cuyir vi ge ogir?" He asked.

"Elek, vi cuyir olar jii." She replied and he felt the ship finally begin to descend.

Matreya

As the ship began its final descent, Damien returned to the others stating, "We're here. Let's go on in and make some investments toward being ever stronger." He was attempting to be funny, all the while giving a ridiculous pep talk. When he moved toward the hatch to leave, Teracks came forward, hand outstretched. In it was a thin silver cylinder..

"Your saber, Alor. You have not wielded it in many years, but I think this might be the perfect time." Teracks said, a smile tugging gently at his lips, "Use it for coercion if you need to." He slapped the hilt into the palm of his leader's hand.

"Huh.." Damien made a sound as he stared down at the weapon that would inevitably bear the silver hued plasma blade within. It had been the replacement for Kallig's upon it being taken then lost. The blade was nothing special, simply crafted to be a blade, nothing more. It did not even possess any of the uses some of the fancier blades did, like being used under water or the like. No, it simply was a blade.

Matreya

Strapping the hilt to his belt, Damien offered his arm to shake. When Teracks had done so, Damien murmured, "Thank you, brother. I had not expected I would ever need, or even use it again when I left it under your care." At that Teracks bowed low, then opened the hatch. After him, Damien held an arm to allow Harley the position of leaving next, calling to Merossa, "Dear, we will return soon enough. Wait for us, will you?"

"Of course, Alor!"

Ducking out, following Harley, he gestured to the massive factory. On its front chrome laden walls, was a large clear door of pristine glass. Someone maintained the appearance of the building well. It was quite beautiful honestly, for someone whom did indeed enjoy the qualities of a fine crafter. Heading for it, Damien waved a hand, which unlocked it from the inside, then activated the opening mechanisms.

"Nice, sir. We could do with that skill." Teracks murmured, meaning he and his companions in the Clan.

"I will teach it at one point, if time allows it." Damien said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom