Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MAKE COMPANIES GREAT AGAIN PART 1

Alban Roble Alban Roble - I understand that you're giving suggestions off the cuff of your sleeve, but all that's doing is proving what I said earlier about these rewards and perks being arbitrary. Like I said before, you can add 20km onto a station, or double its size - but that doesn't feel like a reward or a perk in the grand scheme of things. Adding numbers onto something that I'd be making myself doesn't feel rewarding to me, especially after busting out a string of submissions to be allowed to increase the station's size in the first place.

Normally, I'd have suggestions of my own to counter the criticisms, as give and take are ideal for the growth of ideas, but there really isn't anything that could be done with the system we have now - since it has everything we could ever conceivably need already in play.

I’ve always held the belief that attempting to shove more mechanical complexity into a form of media that works best as free form narrative gains normally sours the freedom players can have in what they write.

I can only see this causing a new layer of headaches for some folks, I don’t see why one space of roleplay (companies/economic) needs anymore special attention than what anyone else can achieve.

It feels a bit like introducing Star Wars: Armada rules to space combat for the fun of it, despite the fact it’d add another layer of unneeded complexity

I don’t really have a dog in this race though, just talking to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom