Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Maelibus' Heart Tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
1441d50fe80271ce65db710c7dd9b412.jpg
Other Images:
ce2f1a2428bf1d7e2f47d16267af3b32.jpg
8fb8c69384f47be3b688e4ca57505f6c.jpg

tumblr_nhh1vk17aq1tctgf7o1_500.gif

Image Source: Akame Ga Kill: Akame's Sword Murasame's Trump Card
Intent: A special Tattoo that adds flare to Akuma, as well as, a way to draw a deeper connection to the Dark Side of the Force.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Previous Sith Lord
Model: Maelibus' Heart tattoo
Affiliation: Akuma
Modularity: None
Production: Unique
Material:

• Tuk'Ata blood,
  • Hssiss Blood,
  • Devaronian Blood Poison Gem (Invested into the ink)
  • Alchemized tattoo ink,
  • Sith Runes
Classification: Other/Tattoo
Weight: N/A
Quality: 0
Special Features: The tattoo produces an effect for Akuma to tap more easily into the dark side, as well as produce the Force Rage effect to a greater degree.

Strengths:
  • Allows Akuma to draw upon the Dark side of the force very heavily. Inducing A force Rage effect. Allowing her Strength, Speed/Agility, and Stamina to exponentially become stronger for a short time. At max of five(5) continuous posts.
  • As a Tattoo, it can be hidden, or covered up. It requires no armor, or other requirements.
Weaknesses:
  • As a tool of the Dark side of the force, it can be nullified by being in a nullification field. It does not remove the tattoo, but just prevents the use of the tattoo, or strips her of the rage prematurely.
  • The Tattoo can be removed, but requires either a Master user of Force light, or her skin to literally be removed to remove the tattoo.
  • Once the Force rage is up, or when leaving the state of rage, Akuma will be exhausted. The longer she uses it, the longer she will be out. For every post she uses the rage, she must be without force powers for double the amount of posts. IE: Makes a max of five posts enraged, she cannot use any other force powers for 10 posts.
  • As when someone is enraged, adrenaline, and the mind move past the idea of pain, and fight. However, when the adrenaline is gone, and enrage is up, all the pain floods back in on the person. Should Akuma be enraged for the maximum amount of time, there will be a very short time where it's very difficult for her to move or react. IE: Should the writer have Akuma be enraged for all five max posts, The first cooldown post will require her to not be able to attack whatsoever.
  • The tattoo alone is just a simple Sith rune on her chest. For it to activate it, she must cause pain to herself to activate it. As well, the tattoo will spread across her body causing immense amounts of pain. As derived from the Devaronian blood poison gem.
  • As a Tattoo, it can fade. Its "Fade" effect is only taking place when she uses the tattoo consistently. Otherwise, if she never uses the tattoo, it doesn't fade. If she does use it, then she will have to reapply it at a later date. Which will be very painful.

5d27c09bc2d32118f6761379c45df15db2d4623c_hq.gif

Description:
Akuma is a Sith who is aspiring to become as strong as she possibly can. She wants to become stronger within the force, as well as physically so that she may accomplish her goal to rescue her friend from death. Should this be through the means of killing someone, or fighting, then she will do her best to prevail. If that means to take an edge over the battle with Sith Alchemy, then so be it.

The Tattoo is written in ink that has Blood from a Tuk'ata for its fearless, and relentless nature. The Blood of a Hssiss for the poison within them to draw a deeper connection to the Dark Side of the Force, and red tattoo ink is then invested together. Done by the means of enveloping herself within the force, and producing vile thoughts of fear, pain, hatred, and the like to burn the liquid into her skin. Once enveloped, the tattoo is not visible until it is tapped upon.

With the Tattoo burned into her, Akuma can call upon the powers within herself, and that triggers the Alchemy Tattoo to increase her connection to the force, and induce the effects of Force Fury much more profoundly than without it. The Tattoo when visible, are a series of Runes over the entirety of Akuma's body. They are of the words; Hate, Fear, Pain, Rage, Fury, Demon, And Sith'ari.

The Tattoo itself provides no armor. What the tattoo does, is ground into her a deeper connection to the Dark side of the force. This force power is only as powerful as the Emotions that Akuma uses to tap into this power, and how advanced she is in using the power. IE: If she can use the power, she has X amount of strength and speed boost, where as if she were very proficient in it's use, then she would have XXX amount of strength and speed boost.

However, with the use of Force Rage, The stronger the effects cause upon her body, and the longer she uses it, the more dramatic the "down time" or the time in which Akuma is very weak, and can, when too much energy is used all at once, become weak enough to be unable to move. In the most extremes it can force herself into fainting, or passing out.

The drawback with the tattoo is that they can fade. Over time the tattoo can and will very likely fade. Which means she needs to reapply it. As well, if she were to lose her skin, be it torn off, or her soul leave her body and be transferred to another, then it will loose the effect upon her. As the ink is in the skin. If she were to have the skin removed, then the ink would no longer be there, and neither would the ability to cloak herself.

Should somebody try and cleanse her of the Dark Side, or use a cleansing power upon the tattoo, it will null and void the effects. For a simple use, it won't be removed from her, only prevent it from happening. However, if a Master or a higher rank performs the task, and aims to completely dispel the runes, then it will literally be burned from her skin. As well, due to its force like nature, Yalsmari fields prohibit the use of Force powers, and therefore, dispelling the effect of Force Rage, and prevent the use, but do not erase it from her.

Primary Source:
N/A

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />
-----<br />
Star Wars Canon:<br />
Pending initial review<br />
------<br />
Starwars Chaos:<br />
------<br />
WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />
------<br />
WITH DEV THREADS<br />
Pending Initial review<br />
------<br />
SUGGESTIONS<br />
Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Akuma"]

Sub says tattoo provides no armor, but you have it rated as class 2. What do?

Not comfortable with those huge physical boosts. Plz to remove the double, quadruple stuff and just leave it vague.

Needs an actual combat related weakness. Needs a hard limit for how long you can use it at a time, unless I missed that, and much more detail on the exhaustion afterward, since that's your only major weakness. Take a look at a canon talisman of concentration.

Sorry to be very to the point but on mobile and thumbs are tired.

[member="Jorus Merrill"],

Thank you for judging my submission.

Took out the double stuff.

Made it so she can use it for three consecutive posts, and requires a minimum of two posts where she can't use any force powers. And depending upon "damage" that she takes, can drastically increase that time. added to the weaknesses was just that. If she takes a lot of "damage" while in her enraged state, then she will have a more significant blacklash.

I know you recommended a talisman of concentration, However that does not fit my character MO. She doesn't go "Me Hulk, Me Smash rage. More so she greatly enhances her physical combat abilities.

Let me know if there are any more weaknesses you can think of that I might be able to tack on.

[member="Akuma"]

I suggested the talisman as an example of balance. It gives loosely comparable benefits, but the exhaustion is more profound and lasts much longer. If you want 'exponential' increase in physical abilities, you'll absolutely need a longer and more serious cool down time. I arrive at that conclusion for three reasons. One, the talisman precedent. Two, the overall balance of the submission. Three, the damage clause as the main factor affecting duration may incentivize unwillingness to take significant hits in the early stages of a fight.

[member="Jorus Merrill"], After reading, and from your suggestions, I decided to come up with something.

For every post she makes while enraged, She has to have double that as a cooldown. IE 2 posts enraged=4 posts without powers. 5 posts enraged=10 post cooldown. This would make sense in my eyes.

• If I use the tattoo very early in the thread for 5 posts, and with most threads barely lasting a page or two *20 - 40 posts* 10 of my posts could very well mean she is without the force for the rest of the thread.
  • You wanted a significant drawback. I thought double was a good idea for the cooldown instead of relying on damage like you stated. "Incentive to not be hit early on in the thread"
  • As with double, I wanted to create even more drastic measures to which Akuma could "safely" use this power. Should she not use the "full extent" of the tattoo, then she will just have the normal cool down. But if she were to use all of her power possible *5 consecutive posts* then her first post of the ten post cooldown will force her to not be able to attack. Or make an offensive measure against someone. She will be required to either run, or very poorly defend herself.
  • Since Akuma will know she has very drastic drawbacks on the usage of the tattoo, then she will less likely use it IC, and reserve it for very dire situations.
Let me know if there is anything else that I could possibly do? I want to make sure I don't have a large amount of loopholes or make it overpowered. I only had the idea and didn't quite see it through. So thank you for helping me with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom