Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Madine-class Light Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardini-X1A-museu-militar-conde-de-linhares.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z93/ssalex/BRASILIANISCHE%20ARMEE/X1A/X1A1.jpg
Intent: To develop a light tank for anti-APC, anti-infantry, and anti-bunker warfare.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing
Model: Madine-class Light Tank
Affiliation: Independent
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Cast Duranium(most of the hull), Durasteel(for non-cast pieces)
Description: A smaller vehicle, the Madine-class Light Tank was designed by Subach-Innes and named after the famous Rebel general who strategized using fast, light armor such as the T2B hovertank for quick strikes on Imperial territory. Armed with a high-velocity 90mm mass driver cannon, a smaller, similar weapon to that used on the famed AT-TE, and a few types of rounds, the Madine is fervently capable of engaging light armored vehicles with its main gun(using the AP ammunition), as well as pillboxes(with HESH ammunition) and infantry(with HE ammunition, ion ammunition in the case of droids, and sonic ammunition in the case of Selkath). The AP rounds are somewhat useful against medium tanks or armored vehicles, but are ineffective against heavier vehicles, such at the AT-AT or even the venerable AT-HE. Like the AT-TE's main gun, the cannon can fire energy burst when out of ammunition, though this is hardly an effective tactic against medium armored vehicles. Heavier weapons could be installed in the turret.

A tracked and turreted vehicle, the Madine has a 120 degree per second rotational angle for its turret, meaning the main gun can do a circle in three seconds. The vehicle itself has the capability to turn its chassis in a zero turning circle in four seconds. The turret is gyroscopicly stabilitized horizontally and vertically, preventing bumps over rough terrain from impacting the angle of the gun and letting the vehicle shoot accurately on the move. Energy shield generators have been mounted to protect the tracks and suspension from a blaster shot. They do not however protect the rest of the tank, whose armor is good enough to stand up to any standard infantry fire or light armored vehicle weapons, but not medium vehicle weapons or AT cannons.

Being tracked means that the vehicle has a slower speed than comparable repulsorlift craft, not to mention less mobile. It does have an advantage on planets where repulsorlift craft can't be used, though. The same goes for planets whose terrain is unsuitable for repulsorlift vehicles to fight on. Ultimately, it fulfills its role quite well.
Role: Light Tank
Height: 2.5m
Length: 4.5m
Width: 2.5m
Weight: 30 metric tons
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 3
Propulsion: Tracks
Top Speed: 75km/h
Armaments: 1 mass driver cannon(90mm, variety of ammo types), 1 medium repeating blaster(hull-mounted), 1 heavy repeating blaster(mounted next to main gun in turret), 1 light repeating blaster(can be mounted to commander's cupola, optional),
Passenger Capacity: 2(with minimum crew)
Cargo Capacity: 150kg of external stowage
Misc. Equipment: Track deflector shield generators, sensors, infrared and night-vision optics, smokescreen generators (2, one on each side of the turret)
Original Section(s):

Manufacturer: Subach-Innes
Affiliation: Independent

New Section(s):

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Circe Savan"]
Alright, just a few things.

First, please provide a link to the photo given.

Next, I see an issue between armament and tonnage here. You have a 90mm gun at 15 tonnes. This conflicts with two things, 1) physics 2) role. What you have right now is a tank hunting tankette that will knock itself over when it fires. What I'm gonna ask is either to up the tonnage or drop the gun to a 50mm or maybe a dual 20mm.

@ me when done and we'll go from there

The vehicle as listed roughly is the equivalent of the Bernardini X1A, an M3 Stuart variation that was equipped with a 90mm gun - the picbase of the Madine, a light tank. If you really feel the gun should be decreased in caliber, I'll reduce it to a 57mm.

@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Circe Savan"]
The Bernardino X1A1 didn't have a 90mm gun. There was a Brazilian variant called the MB-3 Tamayo that did have a 90mm gun equipped but never saw production

I'll accept 57mm but if you want the 90mm just up the tonnage to 30 or so (the weight of the RL MB-3 Tamayo). I'm easy Lol

@ me when done and we'll go from there.

I respectfully disagree. Janes Armored Fighting Vehicles 1982, as well as Wikipedia, state that the X1A has a 90mm gun.

"X1A.
Based on M3A1, this design had new engine (280 hp (210 kW) Saab-Scania diesel), improved suspension, new upper hull armor, fire controls and DEFA 90 mm gun in a new turret. 80 vehicles were produced."

Regardless as to your final say on the gun, the weight has been upped to thirty tons.

@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Circe Savan"]
I have that book as well as well as a few other texts that feature the Stuart and its variants. Wikipedia is a bit off, though I can understand where you're coming from. Honestly, just upping the tonnage would have been fine for me entirely, but that's neither here nor there as you've done so.

Alright. Moving on. Are the shields ray, particle, or deflector shields?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom