Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Made in Atrisia

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Somewhere In Fringe Space
Fringe space was, to say the least, a long way from home. It had taken him more than a couple hyperspace jumps to get there due to it before he realized he could have taken the Hydian Way and up the Sanctuary Pipeline. Regardless the old man had made it into the Fringe Confederation. Someone by the last name Merill had sent a rather peculiar set of packages, including one Leviathan, of which they had no way to control, or put back to sleep. Luckily the beast had been sleeping for several days, peacefully in an undisclosed location until they...desired to send a message. He also heard that the Atrisians had made a rather interesting troop insertion pod, which he was very keen on obtaining for his own forces. He had been told that should he enter Fringe Space this person would find him. He currently wore no armor, instead opting for a beskar weave vest under his own civilian clothes for protection. The Fringe wasn't the "safest" place to be, and many had protested rather strongly that he shouldn't go unprepared, but he didn't want to scream to the entire galaxy that the Mand'alor was visiting the Fringe.

And so he waited, the Lazy Stril humming just outside in the tapcaf's minor starport. Siting in the rickety chair in the rather run down tapcaf he raised the glass of whiskey to his lips, taking a sip before frowning. Why he spent money on this watered down osik was beyond him with his signature beskar flask sitting within reach, just inside his button up shirt, filled with his favorite ne'tra gal. Taking another sip he sighed, his dull, brown eyes scanning the dark room for anyone he thought fit his image of the person he would be dealing with.
@[member="Rave Merrill"]

@[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

In most venues and most times, your average observer would call Rave Merrill's demeanor collected. In this place and today, intent might have been closer. She'd considered wearing her armor, the sort even a Mandalorian might respect; instead, she just wore a leather longcoat, Entropy sheathed at her hip. For once, she'd scrubbed away all the forge soot. She also wore a little makeup, enough to accentuate her face and conceal a few of the Nightsister bruises she'd begun to show in the last half decade or so. The only hot Nightsister was a weak Nightsister, after all. Also, at some point, her purple eyes had started warping toward yellow.

She resisted the temptation to overcompensate with fancy clothes and cosmetics. There was such a thing as trying too hard.

The chair across from him was equally rickety, but her wiry frame didn't weigh much, so the first sound she made was the clink of her tumbler on the tabletop. "Welcome to Fringe," she said, suddenly at a loss for all but the plainest words. "I'm Rave Merrill. If people seem on edge, it's because we had to lure a Lotek'k off this rock last week so we could put it down safely." She took a sip, unblinking, eyes riveted to his.

"So you got my gifts."

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
A half grunt, half chuckle came from the old man as he set the glass down on the wooden bar top. "If you call that giant blue heap of trouble a gift...Then yes, we got your gifts." Raising the glass again, he drained the contents, setting it back down on the bar. With a sigh he turned to face the woman known as Rave, his old, brown eyes meeting hers. She was much younger than he had thought, to have so much pull in the Fringe as to send all of that gear. "Sorry, long trip," he muttered, leaning back slightly in the chair. "Gilamar Skirata, though I'm sure you already knew that." Somehow. Then again, getting his name was a simple task, however...the package he received at his personal address...Well, that had put him on edge, despite it being a simple thank you note.

"So tell me...uh, Rave, any relation to Jorus?"
@[member="Rave Merrill"]

@[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

"My brother. We don't see each other much, but we keep in touch. He mentioned something to me, a business opportunity of sorts. Seems he was taking a look at Mando drop pods. Well, he happened to be near Omega Tower when some top-secret Atrisian drop pods went screaming through the planetary shield. That's technology that the Fringe has now.

"My personal interests aside, Gil -- can I call you Gil? -- the Fringe is very interested in staying friendly with the Mandalorians. To the point where some drop pods have just fallen off the back of a truck near Concordia. I'm wondering what MandalMotors can do with that technology -- and wouldn't mind being cut in on the result. But consider that, and the Akure Leviathan, and the trench knives...and the cuffs...a gift. I'm about as serious as I can be right now."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom