OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a personal high-power blaster pistol line for Errreembuhr and select allies
Image Source: peterku
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A
Model: Madclaw PX
Material: Duranium, Alusteel barrels, Microrepulsor, Miniaturized magnetic coils, Cushioned grip
- Classification: Heavy Blaster/Shattergun Hybrid Handgun
- Size: Large
- Weight: Heavy
- Ammunition Type: Gas, Power Cell, 11.5x20mm Slugs
- Ammunition Capacity: Gas - 150 shots, Power Cell - 30 shots, Slugs - 5
- Reload Speed: Average
- Effective Range: Average
- Rate of Fire: Average
- Stopping Power: Very High
- Recoil: Low
- Reload Speed: Slow
- Effective Range: Long Range
- Rate of Fire: Average
- Stopping Power: Extreme
- Recoil: High
Can switch between blaster and shattergun firing modes
Digital Diagnostic Display
Dual Load Cylinders
- Fire Modes: With two barrels, allowing for two separate internal mechanics to support this, the Madclaw PX can switch between its standard blaster mode and a shattergun mode, allowing for users to take on even heavily armored individuals and, to an extent, lightly armored vehicles.
- Power: Both modes carry quite a bit of power behind them, capable of stopping most individual unarmored or even armored enemies.
- Dual Load Cylinder: The Madclaw PX’s loading cylinder pops out of the side of the weapon to allow for reloading, though the cells developed for it contain both the power cell for the blaster mode and the five slug chambers. This allows for both to be replaced at the same time should the slugs and cell be depleted altogether, or for the slugs to be reloaded individually.
- Switch Time: While the switch between firing methods can be switched, it takes time to do so. A 5-second charge time is required when switching, to allow for the magnetic field to charge for the shattergun mode and for the XCiter to charge for the blaster mode.
- Size: For a pistol-type weapon the Madclaw PX is quite large and heavy, requiring a two-handed grip for all but those with massive amounts of physical strength.
- Limited Slug Ammunition: The Madclaw PX can only carry five slugs at a time, forcing the user to reload often if they plan to use the fire mode extensively. In addition reloading the slugs would require removing the power cell for the blaster mode and either replacing them one by one or swapping out the entire cylinder.
After some experimentation with blaster pistols rather than the traditional Wookiee bowcaster, Errreembuhr decided that single-handed weapons were far superior in most situations, and decided to develop a superior design to most common items. The result was the Madclaw PX, a highly powerful dual-phase handheld weapon. Carrying the title given shamefully to Wookiees on Kashyyyk who utilize their claws for combat rather than climbing, the Madclaw PX blends two types of weaponry into one to allow the user an expanded offensive option.
Heavy in weight and large in size, the Madclaw PX does this by including two separate chambers in its significant design. The upper receiver is a standard blaster, though tuned to provide extra damage against foes in combat. Its Heter valve is adjusted to supply more gas to the bolt with each shot, allowing for a significantly powerful energy projectile to be fired, though it burns through gas faster than a typical blaster pistol would. In addition, a microrepulsor is equipped in the receiver, which uses forces to mitigate recoil despite the power contained in each bolt.
The lower receiver carries a series of small electromagnets, and loads in an 11.5x20mm slug. Firing each slug at approximately 2km/s it’s designed to carry enough force to penetrate most infantry armors and, to a limited extent, light vehicle armor. Five slugs are carried in individual chambers on the power cell used to load the blaster portion of the weapon, limiting it in ammunition, though it would also provide the user five extra shots to use in a firefight before needing to reload.
Switching modes requires pressing a button on the digital display above the grip, and requires a five second charge time for each mode, whether the weapon is charging the magnets or the XCiter, which runs the risk of putting the user at a potentially lethal disadvantage in a one-on-one. This however was of little concern to the design team, who decided that the versatility of the weapon outweighed the cost. Speaking of costs, because of the complex microtechnology used in the weapon, only a precious few were made.