Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad Scientists and metal workers

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Drinker, singer, smoker. All round Fun haver and C
space_station_v2_by_markascott-d5iwb3i.jpg
Zreame sat on one of the benches at the station or rather lay on it as she went over a datapad pertaining to droid creation and systems. In truth she was merely killing time waiting for her friend the free droid A.I [member="Ultimatum"] a very interesting individual to be sure but he was also the reason she had gotten so interested in A.I's and droid construction. The reason she had picked Saqqar was mostly due to its near nonexistent traffic as mostly willy old smugglers used it and there was a very rare occurrence that two or more ships were on the station at the same time. Also the reason she had made her little hidden home away from home on the frozen planet below.​
She wore her new armor with the scanners activated to look for Ultimatum, though the armor might really be what would make him walk passed her if it weren't for her horns and tail slowly moving from one side to another above her, all the while she read through the datapad to increase her knowledge of robotics.​

Ultimatum would have in fact missed her completely, had he not looked towards his right when a person slipped behind him by a few meters. From there he looked forwards and his attention was attracted to the odd armor followed by the horns and the tail. At that point he recognized the owner of the armor and he stopped. He guessed that she had already seen him, it was difficult to miss an almost eight foot droid whose steps were fairly heavy. He had thought of making another body for himself, maybe transfer his full mind over to a more subtle droid and keep this one as a backup. He had decided against it because it was going to be awhile before his company could even spend much time planning for one.

Coming here had been a bit of a problem. With the usual amount of work, suffering though the usual organic prejudices, and payments, he had been able to have a smuggler to take him here. Ultimatum was still waiting for his company to expand enough to produce a ship for him so he didn't have to rely on public transportation. The smuggler had been quite an interesting piece of work. He obviously spent a lot of timing hauling goods, as most smugglers did, however he also seemed to have occasionally failed missions and forgotten to remove the old goods. There had been some strange plants, weapons, and a caged Kowakian monkey lizard in his cargo hold. Ultimatum had avoided going in there when he could.

He took a moment to look around before speaking, "Almost missed you there. Good to see you again."

[member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"]

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Zreame nearly missed the small notification blip that appeared on her HUD to show her [member="Ultimatum"] had arrived and looked towards him as he arrived standing above her. A smile formed on her lips under the helmet and she stood up and hugged him. "Good to see you too Ultimatum, come I wan't to leave this damn place before the smell set's into my new armor." She then said as she gestured towards the rather unsanitary look of the station itself and gestured for him to follow her as she walked towards the hanger where her ship was. "How was your trip over here Ultimatum? I hope it wasn't too dreadful for you." She said as she walked with him, passed an automated janitor droid, if you could call it that since it had such simple programming it was only capable of doing what it was programmed for an nothing else. Her tail was also covered with an armorweave "sock" but it stilled moved around behind her as if it was a snake moving in the air, her horns however just stuck through unprotected through the hood covering the armored helmet.

Ultimatum returned the gesture, making sure to hug gently. "Well, no restraining bolts so I guess it was alright." He replied with a smile as he walked. Humor was a nice trait to use, though he wished he could use it more often, but he always felt insecure making jokes and what not around organics he didn't know. He wondered if he should be less strict near unknown organics, he doubted it. He thought that if someone were to meet him he should put forward the appearance of an intelligent droid, before allowing the humorous and more creative side. Not that his creative side was that special, it was little more than a set of programs that gave him the ability to think beyond normal droid capacity. He had an imagination, but it was still heavily controlled and therefore very much limited.

He followed [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] to her ship. "Your new armor was what almost threw me off. So how has life been treating you, aside from getting a new wardrobe and ship?" Again, humor on top of curiosity.

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Zreame leaned her head to look at [member="Ultimatum"], smiling under her helmet. "Well this old bird isn't new actually it's the same that got us/me off Iridonia." She said with a happy little chirp as they entered the hangar where the ship waited for them with an opening landing ramp. "But life's been pretty good actually just got done making my little home away from home and your the first I'm taking with me inside. But how about you, how have you been?" She said as she walked up the landing ramp, a pair of TA-4 battle droids stood guard at the entrance to make sure there were no unwanted visitors.
"Don't mind them they were a gift from my boss to protect my home and my ship." She said as she removed her helmet and pressed an intercom button and the landing ramp closed after Ultimatum had walked in. The ship rumbled a little afterwards but then it took off and gently flew out of the hangar, activating all of it's stealth tech, and then headed towards the planet itself.

Ultimatum was glad that Zreame was doing good for herself. She seemed to be taken care of, which had nothing to do with Ultimatum but he was glad to see it none the less. Armatech at least took care of its head engineer. The battle droids were an interesting design, they manufacturer hadn't hidden or locked away the information on them so Ultimatum did some quick reading on them. Not really reading per-say, it was more like allowing his extraneous processors go through and highlight information to be viewed at his convenience.

"I set up a home on Mustafar, got some droids working on new bodies in case this one ever gets destroyed, Iridonia was a little bit of a close call." He replied with a small smile. He didn't mention that he had basically taken over Mustafar, peacefully, and that he had set up a company that was now working hand in hand with Spaarti Corporation to supply droids to take care of the clones they were producing. "Oh, and that protocol droid from Iridonia, I picked him up. He's doing well, a little crazy still but he works." Ultimatum stated, almost forgetting that Legion, the new name for the droid, had been first turned there.

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Zreame smiled as she directed her guest to the luxury conference room which had been converted into a living room. "I have to admit I feel a little bad that I can't offer you any refreshments." She admitted before she took a seat in a large comfortable chair. "Mustafar is that volcanic planet right?" She then asked him as she placed the helmet on the chairs armrest. "But I must say I was quite scared being so tired and having to deal with an Energy vampire in the middle of that situation as well." She then said with a smile as she looked out the window and saw space transition into atmosphere outside the ship. "I hope I won't come off as a mad scientist type but would you mind if I take a look under your proverbial hood once we are landed?" She then said and her smile showed she was in an engineering mood, strange though since it seemed like [member="Ultimatum"] might be a muse to her creative juices.

Upon asking of Mustafar replied simply, "Correct."

He could understand her fear that time ago, Ultimatum had felt uncertain at points and had been glad when the vampire had stepped back. It was strange to Ultimatum still that the Sith hadn't paid him any attention beyond countering his statements. He wondered if she had even cared about his presence. He wasn't too concerned now, he assumed that [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] was safe now. She could handle herself he was certain.

"Absolutely, may want a blow torch though. Don't remember any special hinges, but then maybe my creators thought that the holes would provide enough space to work in." He didn't know why his creators had built him that way, it made no logical sense, aside from avoiding overheating within most environments. He was aware of some bolts that had been smoothed over so he assumed that there was a way to access his internal components without damaging his body that much. Though, he couldn't be certain. The man that had ordered his creation, his first and only master, had been insane. He had believed that the Jedi and Sith and all Force sensitives were part of a problem for the galaxy and must be removed. Ultimatum didn't pretend to understand that man, young yet with white hair.

He asked, "You have a safe-house or something on the surface?"

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Zreame smirked at the safe house question. "Come on I'll show you." she said as she lead [member="Ultimatum"] to the cockpit and let him watch as the ship approached a large mountain that suddenly opened up a side of it to reveal large hangar doors leading into it. Once inside it looked like an engineers paradise with all manner of labor droids and worker droids standing at attention waiting for the ship to land before they scurried around and got to work on making sure the ship was clean, refueled and in tip top shape.
"Impressive huh?" She said with a wide and proud smile as the hangar doors closed behind the ship and one could hear the side of the mountain slide into place again to hide the entrance from any would be intruders. She seemed in quite the high spirits as she waited to see what he thought of her little getaway from the Galaxy at large.
A small re purposed buzzer droid walked along the glass and instead of spraying oil it sprayed glass cleaning fluid and began to wipe the windows clean. She smiled at it and tapped the glass which made the droid seem to act like a puppy as it waved the little port on it's behind at the sight of her and pressed it's ocular face against the glass. "Cute little devils~" She half mumbled to herself.

Ultimatum smiled, this was a magnificent place. It was very impressive. He would have preferred a better word than those but he didn't know if any existed. "This is amazing. How did you get everything here? How long did it take?"

He was almost lost for words, his processors were still working through all the information. He could almost feel the lagging within his system as it attempted to keep up with the information flowing in from his receptors. He wondered what it was all used for, production was the probably answer and Armatech was supposed to be a big company so it was completely understandable. It was still so large, it couldn't have been done overnight. Maybe it was accomplished on this planet because it was off the beaten path, but then why build it into a mountain if it is already fairly well hidden? Ultimatum couldn't be sure.

Ultimatum closed his eyes for a moment, it was all too much. It was amazing, like what organics sometimes called the brightness of heaven, where one knew it was great but couldn't look for being blind. He wondered at this place. In a few moments he was able to open his eyes and the room didn't seem to cause quite as much trouble with his systems, it had worked through the majority of it and now he could think straight without being interrupted.

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

"It took around two full days of nonstop work to get the foundations and essential systems up and running but the rest was done over a week or so as the droids finished the interior better." She then explained and tapped his shoulder with a wide smile. "Come on I want to show you around since this is only the hangar it would be a waste to bring you here and not show you around at least." She then said with a wide smile and gestured for him to follow her out of the ship.

She walked out of the ship a few of the buzzer droids came and swarmed around her legs which caused her to laugh a little as she petted a few of them and then pointed at the ship and spoke in childish gibberish which made them run towards the ship and around it's hull. She was clearly enjoying the programming of these buzzers droids. [member="Ultimatum"] Would even get a pair of Buzzers curiously buzzing around his legs as one began to wipe his leg making it shiny.

Ultimatum nodded in response. "I would appreciate that. It seems like there was much work accomplished." He followed her off the ship, once more looking around and finding himself at awe with all that had been accomplished in such a short time. He wondered what else was hidden in the mountain. He assumed there was a repair facility to keep the droids in good shape. Probably also a communication station and a production facility. He wondered about that last one though, was this a production area or a hidden base in case of danger to the main company's leaders? He didn't know.

When the droid curiously began cleaning his legs Ultimatum smiled. "Your little friends appear to want to take care of me as well." He said to [member="Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha"] and then spoke to the droids, uncertain if they would understand, "Thank you little ones, but that is unnecessary."

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Zreame smiled as the droid looked up at [member="Ultimatum"] and then let out a "woooo" sound before it joined the others on the ships hull. "Well they are a little adorable." She said with a wide smile as she waited for him to come off the landing ramp as she then gestured to a foreman droid that stood at a control console which nodded to her. The ship was then placed in a grip of docking clamps and brought down a floor below that looked to be a small dry dock below the Hangar, once the ship was below in the dry dock the hangar closed around then and most of the droids walked away into small repulsor lifts to continue their work below, leaving them alone with only the foreman droid left as it walked towards them slowly.
"I put a dry dock under the hangar so I can make a ship up to Corvette size in case I ever want to try my hand at ship building." She then explained with a wide smile.

"Guess that would save on ship costs, or at least repairing them." Ultimatum responded as he followed her. He wondered if it would be possible to replicate such a monument of a feat. He wondered, would it be possible to build facilities like this on Mustafar. The planet certainly had the ability to hide things, however the proximity to lava would require much more heat resistant materials than here. At least he assumed such. If he were to build a place like this what would he have within? No need for bunking areas, droid stations were fine. Well maybe he would have bunks for visiting organics. He would require large reactors, maybe those ones that were used in large starships. He would need repair facilities, manufacturing areas, and probably a mess for organics. Maybe some other things like shield generators in case of orbital bombardment, which organics seemed to love.

He asked, "So this place, what is its purpose, if you don't mind me asking? I assume that it doesn't get much in the way of visitors, or commerce." The location didn't strike him as good for selling goods.

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Zreame took a datapad from the foreman droid and tapped it a few times before she handed it back and the droid nodded and walked to a repulsor lift. "Well this place has a few levels. At the top floor is my personal living space with a few guest quarters as well, along with some luxury amendments well and a Jacuzzi." She said with a smile as she gestured for him to follow her. "Then we have a small Lab were I can develop different things as well as make designs and the like. Then there is a four split floor that has a garage, Fabrication station, crafting station and an old fashioned forge. Then we have a storage space and ship building space which is below us. Then there is another storage place which houses food, water and necessities. Then there is a droid servicing, repairing and maintenance level and at the bottom we have a large generator to power the entire place along with a shield generator you know just in case." She said with pride though she became a little winded after talking so much for a short amount of time, leaning against the main repulsor lift which could access the entire facility.

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum looked around. It was still so much! It was amazing. He wished that he could have such a base built at the moment, but that was an impossibility, what with his resources being spread fairly thin and his droids working hard to reach the necessary quota of droids produced for the clones. He didn't mind, it gave him time to mentally construct an exact replica of what he would build. For Ultimatum it was practically a necessity to have buildings and other such endeavors predesigned and understood before beginning work. He didn't like the organic concept of on the moment thinking.

"Always got to be prepared, this galaxy isn't safe enough to trust the hidden nature of a planet." He spoke from what he was thinking about Mustafar, it was a planet that had been fought over many times. It was a concern, a fairly deep one at that. He might have seemed preoccupied, he couldn't tell, he wasn't even certain what he looked like. He had visual images in his mind but it didn't connect in his mind that that was what he looked like. He had thought it over hundreds of times, looking over the image, looking into mirrors; every time his mind didn't click. He knew it was what he looked like, but at the same time his mind didn't seem to accept it. It was an infuriating conundrum that he wondered if it would ever leave him. Would it pass onto other bodies that he took over? Did all droids have this problem? Did Legion have that problem? He would have to ask...

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Zreame nodded to him and pressed the button on the repulsor lift to call it to them. "Of course one can never be too careful." She said with a smile before she leaned in and looked at his face, it seemed like he had something on his mind. "Hey are you ok?" she said as she gently tapped the middle of his face, she knew it was rude and she showed her expression she was sorry. Behind her, her tail moved slowly from side to side behind her before the elevator stopped next to them and the doors opened up. With a slight tug on his arm she pulled him into the elevator and then gestured towards a panel with writing for each floor, her posture suggesting he pick a floor to visit.

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum shook himself slightly as he stepped into the lift. "Sorry, have other thoughts, trying to work through them all. How do you organics deal with so many thoughts and emotions?" He smiled at the end of the sentence. He then clicked the fourth button. It had been chosen at random, he was pulling his systems out of thought and into interaction. His question was a real query. Ultimatum had yet to comprehend organics to that degree. He had spent much time on the way trying to figure out the organic's ability to control their thoughts without a droid's simple closing switches. He had theorized that because organics had chemical based brains that instead of fully closing off a thought it simply fell into the background.

Zreame Ithrac Zeibitha

Zreame thought a little and giggled a little as he pressed the button for the floor they were on. "That reminds me how old are you? because we learn to do that when we are children so in a sense you might be one." She then said as she tried to explain it to [member="Ultimatum"] . With her tail she pressed button number two to go up to the lab, hoping he might find it interesting. She looked him over as she leaned against the wall of the elevator as it moved up to the second floor of her base. As the doors opened there was a large lab before them with all manner of instruments and scanners along with a few materials and a few hunks of ore on a large scanning table. "So what do you think?"

Ultimatum responded quietly, not out of shame so much as thoughtfulness, "I'm an about half a year old now." He wondered if this was actually a possible answer. If it was, then maybe it would come with time. He was about to ask whether most organics learned it sooner or later when he noted that the laboratory was outside. He turned his attention to the large room. It was fantastic!

"It's amazing! What sort of work is being done at the moment?" He asked as he looked at the scanners and the ore. He wondered what the metals were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom