Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech M75 Artillery Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
mobile_mechanized_artillery_unit_by_psypher101-d4gxgd6.jpg

Image Source: psypher101, from deviantart.
Intent: To create a Glass Cannon for Suvian Sciences to sell
Development Thread: Will happilly do if needed
Manufacturer: Original blueprints and prototype by Makkik, Produced by Suvian Sciences
Model: M75 Artillery Unit
Affiliation: Suvian Sciences' customers
Modularity: None at all
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel, various materials
Description: The JGC Artillery Unit is meant to be at the very back of a large assault, or prehaps sat up on a cliff or hill, where it can have excellent aim. It boasts a ridiculously powerful slug-based canon system, which can fire powerful explosive missiles fairly long distances. A computerized targeting system inside the cockpit of the unit makes aiming etxremely easy, and makes aim extremely accurate. Obviously, though, the canon does not move fast enough to hit things such as starfighters, cloudcars, and most vehicles. It's purpose it to destroy large groups of enemy soldiers, slow moving vehicles, and buildings. Although, the main canon takes a moderate time to reload, around three minutes, making it a great support unit, but horrible for some instances. The JGC also has three smaller automatic slugthrowers on it's front, but these cannot swivel, and are useless for hitting an enemies that are't directly in front of the device. The Unit moves with a set of three legs, which propell the unit forwards at a rather slow pace, and are useless for swamp and mountainous terrains, as the machine is prone to toppling over. However, the main gun can rotate, making moving minimally needed. It has borderline pitiful armoring where there even is armor, only capable of taking blaster and slugthrower fire from small weapons, such as pistols. Much of the legs are not armored, and are suspectible to just about everything short of sharp sticks. Since the machine is to large, heavy, and slow to be easiyl manuvered, a soldier could easily take out one of these units by moving around it's front-facing guns, and taking out the legs. Or by tossing a detonator in the large exghaust pipe in the back... Basically, this machine is made for massive firepower, but at a distance; as a skilled soldier could probably take it out with a metal pipe.
This is an exaggeration.

Role: Artillery unit
Height: 6 meters
Length: 2.4 meters, not counting legs
Width: 3 meters, not counting legs
Canon length: 4.35 m
Caliber: 130 MM
Effective Range: 6 Km
Maximum Range: 10 Km
Weight: 8 tonnes
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 1
Propulsion: Tripedal legs
Top Speed: 8 km per hour
Armaments: Artillery canon, automatic slugthrower turrets (front facing)
Passenger Capacity: 0
Cargo Capacity: None
Misc. Equipment: Advanced targeting system, in-cockpit hot chocolate maker. (Just add water and cocoa mix)

[member="Makkik"]

What is the MM size of the cannon?
What is the maximum range?
What is the effective range?
Reduce production to limited.

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]
1.) Edit made
2.) What is an appropriate range for this? I'm not exactly sure. I nkow I want it to be as long range as possible, I want these things to be on distant hills and rain fire on enemy assaults.
3.) Same as above
4.) Edit made

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"] [member=Makkik]

Not to raise a stink, but that pic's been used on an approved unit already and would kindly like it if there weren't a mix up.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/32895-ballistarius-mobile-artillery/

Edit: would have deleted this to send a quiet but where the heck is the delete option? Why is there no delete option?

I really am sorry, I didn't mean to make a post and a scene. I really would like to raise the prospect of a delete feature in the edit section.

...Oh. ... :l

Well, err.

A lot of the design revolves around the picture, so... If y'coudl archive this, i'll re-post a similer thing when and if I find a new picture, but it would probably be to far away from this to be the same thing. Thanks.

Ty for informing me.

[member="Doll Crux"] / [member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

Edits made, I s'pose.

I did barrel, ammunition, and range measurments by trippling a word war two era artillery weapon, taking into account how advanced star wars technology is. Any more edits need to be made?

[member="Makkik"]

Alright, I went ahead this one time and fixed:

• Caliber
  • Maximum Range
  • Effective Range
It didn't translate right and I understood, however, others might not have.

Approved, pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom