Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech M58 Commenor Series II Blaster Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jx2pQ9V.gif

Intent: Updating the previous Commenor Series I Blaster Rifle

Image Source: N/a
Canon Link: N/a
Permissions: N/a

Primary Source:

KfvJl0h.gif

Manufacturer:
Affiliation:
  • Confederacy of Independent Systems
  • Order of the Silver Jedi
Model:
  • M58/CSII-Br
Modularity:
  • No
Production:
  • Mass-Produced
Material:

SsDCCRD.gif

Classification: Blaster
Size: Average
Weight: Heavy

Ammunition Type:

• Power Cell
  • Gas Canister
Ammunition Capacity:
  • Large
    • Power Cell (16 shots)
    • Gas Canister (80 shots)
Effective Range: Long-Range
Rate of Fire: Low

Stopping Power: High
Recoil: High

pvlrY3F.gif

Adjustable Sling
Flip-up Rear Sight
Padded Shoulder Stock
Ergonomic Grip

laHqeuT.gif

Ergonomic Grip - Designed to ensure that the weapon could be used in as many appendages as possible, the M58 Series II was constructed with an ergonomic grip - meaning that even a species such as the Geonosians are capable of firing the weapon.

Flip-up Rear Sight - A small metal piece with notches of additional ranges etched into it; the Flip-up Rear Sight provides a means to zero in on targets at longer ranges.

Durability - Built to last, be it dropped in mud, run over by a light vehicle or left in a storeroom for a century - the M58 Series II is more than capable of taking a beating and still be in a fully functional firing condition.

REd9L4x.gif

Cling - A holdover from the predecessor Series I; the M58 Series II retains the annoying quirk that when the last bolt as been fired, the power cell is ejected with an audible clinging noise. While this is normally difficult to hear on a wide-spread noisy battlefield, it is audible enough in close quarters to alert the enemy that the operator is reloading.

Overheating - The M58 Series II is prone to overheating at about the same rate as its predecessor Series I Blaster Rifle. This can often result in the weapon malfunctioning, misfiring, or otherwise being rendered inoperable.

Inaccurate - While the Flip-up Rear Sight offers an additional means to zero in on a target, the weapon's accuracy suffers when attempting to fire on targets further out from its effective-range. While other blasters would still be somewhat close in this attempt, the M58 Series II has seen its bolts degrade, or fly wildly off-target due to multiple environmental effects.

RJLW954.gif

The M58 Series II is an updated model of the predecessor Commenor Series I Blaster Rifle - though it retains much of what made the original successful; it is very much its own weapon. Continuing with the line of reliable weapons, the Series II is just as durable - if not more so - than the Series I. Capable of being exposed to a myriad of environmental effects, abuse, and being left alone for years. About the only thing the Series II has a problem with is the weapon's tendency to overheat with continued firing as seen in the Series I Blaster Rifle. Likewise, the Series II carries over a multitude of strengths and weaknesses of the Series I weapon - predominately the tell-tale clinging noise that the energy cell makes when it is ejected from the weapon upon firing its last bolt. Additionally, it still suffers in the area of accuracy, with its bolts becoming degraded or wildly flying off-target when aimed at the very edge of its operating range.

Boasting a larger munitions capacity and higher stopping power than its predecessor, the Series II also finds itself in a wider variety of appendages due in part to its ergonomic grip. The weapon itself is designed with the needs of the many in mind and ensures that no matter if the operator is humanoid or not, that they can utilize the weapon without much hassle. This means that even the native Geonosians can utilize the M58 Commenor Series II Blaster Rifle just as effectively as any Human could. And though it lacks the rapid cycling capability of the Series I, the M58 Series II is still a capable Blaster Rifle - favoring well placed single-fire shots over semi-automatic or even rapid-fire bursts.

Last edited:

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn

Decent sub. As you can see from below, you're presently coming in three ratings over balance, however. Please can you adjust as you see fit in order to rectify this issue.
Production: Mass-Produced (0)
Size: Average (0)
Weight: Average (0)
Ammunition Capacity: Large (+1)
Effective Range: Long-Range (+1)
Rate of Fire: Average (0)
Stopping Power: High (+1)
Recoil: Average (0)

Total: +3 Over Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread