Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech M4020 Sensor Jammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A
Intent: To create a new weapon for the One Sith, based on ideas I got from observing wookie pages, as well as tech concepts that I learned personally.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Drakos Systems
Model: M4020 Jammer
Affiliation: Closed Market.
Modularity: No
Production: Mass Production
Material: Durasteel, Duraplast, Alusteel, Electronics
Description: Description: As war increases, and the major factions continue to develop weapons, Krayzen Dratos,a leader among the One Sith military knew that the One Sith needed a new weapon to combat some of the more powerful weapons(turbolasers, hypervelocity guns, etc) that are seen among the enemies. With wars opening on multiple fronts, the Anzat decided to create a new EWAR weapon for the One Sith in order to help them in its war.

Krayzen first look at his own Starfighter design, the FE Starfighter. He then decided to basically create an upscaled version of the 4x- Phantom short range sensor jammer, and he so that it was very useful. The Anzat then remembered tales of ancient devices that were connected together, and essentially acted like a single system. Using that as the basis of his design, the M4020 Prazitus Class Sensor Jammer was born with a few…differences.

Firstly speaking, the sensor jammer features variety jammers that are used to jam the heck of out capital-based weapons. The outer design of the weapon is circular, comprising of Duraplast/Durasteel/Alusteel. The inner part of the design however consists of several big boxes(they are pretty much like clusters); each individual box(which is comprised of
Durasteel/Duraplast/Electronics) houses, eight dedicated energy receptor projects, something that was based on the Phantom sensor jammer. What makes it different however is that it also features a full spectrum distortion projector, as well as jamming projectors, both weapons being used in the FE Starfighter. This makes the weapon go to-to-toe with some of the best EWAR weapons in the galaxy, at least according to One Sith tests.

Per the mechanics of a dedicated energy receptor projector, it absorbs long range sensor pings, and transmissions from enemy ships; this will also not only protect the ship, but also the weapon if it was targeted by a capital ship’s weapon systems, as well as starfighters(depending on the case though for the latter one). The jamming beams can also flood the targeting systems of a ship with numerous false contacts, making it highly effective against weapons including, but not limited to, Heavy Long Range.This is achieved by generating false sensor data, and sending it toward the target. In terms of the full spectrum distortion projector, it also blocked the scanners of targeting computers, making it highly effective.

Like the Anzat's ground based weapons, Krayzen also had varieties of the weapon created. A capital weapon variant, a heavy weapon variant, A Long Range Weapon, and a Heavy Long Range Weapon, the latter an idea he got from one of his own turbolaser designs. There is also another heavy weapon variant, that uses over 2x the power of the heavy long range weapon. The three emitters work in tandem together, being able to jam he heck out of targeting systems, making this highly effective against other Star Destroyers, and ships close to it's class. Even then, other designs are also highly effective against SDs, and ships close to it's class.

Despite this, it is not without drawbacks, one of them being its sheer size, as well as its large power draw. Ultimately, this weapon is therefore a highly advanced jammer, and it is a must have for One Sith ships.

Turbolaser/Capital Ship Weapon Value: 1 tubolasers, 4 turbolasers, 7 turbolaser, 10 turbolasers, 20 turbolasers.

Primary Source:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/30173-mh-ew05-jamming-beam-projector/
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/30162-xr-21-sensor-jamming-array/
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Octuple_barbette_turbolaser (concept based on this) and this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_cluster
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/57902-llt-12-erebus-jamming-array/
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/4x-Phantom_short-range_sensor_jammer
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Full-spectrum_distortion_projector
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/81783-fe-starfighter/
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jamming_beam

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Krayzen Dratos said:
Manufacturer: One Sith
Please hyperlink this to the faction's main page.

Krayzen Dratos said:
Firstly speaking, the sensor jammer features variety jammers that are used to jam the heck of out capital-based weapons.

Is this more conceptually related to MH-EW05 or traditional sensor jammers?

Does the Prazitus focus jamming on one area? Or is it an indiscriminate area-of-effect?

Krayzen Dratos said:
Despite this, it is not without drawbacks, one of them being its sheer size, as well as its large power draw.

I'd like to see an amount of capital weapons that this is roughly worth to be able to gauge its jamming strength and for ship construction purposes.

Krayzen Dratos said:
Per the mechanics of a dedicated energy receptor projector, it absorbs long range sensor pings, and transmissions from enemy ships; this will also not only protect the ship, but also the weapon if it was targeted by a capital ship’s weapon systems,

The sub you linked from my understanding is pretty much the same thing as a jamming beam, but with different weapon scales; either way, I literally based most of this stuff from wiki, as exemplified in the fourth paragraph. I guess it is conceptually connected to both the sub, and wookie's page on a jamming beam. It focuses on jamming one specific area as well.

Truthfully speaking, the reason why I put that link was because of something else so I decided to put it there so that we don't have to go through OOC fights, etc.

Linked faction page as well.

Added capital gun value.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Krayzen Dratos said:
I guess it is conceptually connected to both the sub, and wookie's page on a jamming beam. It focuses on jamming one specific area as well.
So it's a focused array of effect with the jamming beam part and an indiscriminate area of effect with the other components?

Krayzen Dratos said:
The jamming beams can also flood the targeting systems of ships with numerous false contacts, making it highly effective against weapons including, but not limited to, Heavy Long Range Weapons

What is your definition of contact?

From what I've been able to find, jamming beams do not produce specific false contacts (like fake ship signatures). It's known that sensor jammers can produce a lot of signal noise.

As a sidenote, using anything but the DERP will make this extremely unstealthy if you're trying to avoid detection (since you're broadcasting a bunch of extra sensor signals that wouldn't normally be there).

That's fine; I'm not trying to be stealthy.

The sub you linked in the third post states specifically that it generates numerous false contacts in terms of jamming beams. I'll add that it generates data that is false if you want.

Also edited weapon value, to make it more akin to other subs that are similar in this design.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Krayzen Dratos said:
The sub you linked in the third post states specifically that it generates numerous false contacts in terms of jamming beams. I'll add that it generates data that is false if you want.
Please change this to sensor noise or something of that nature. While I cannot go back and change past submissions, I can give you source references about canon technology. Here and here(page 21) are links to the manuals from the game series from which this device originates. Here are the excerpts that I'm looking at:

Jamming Beam: A concentrated energy signature that can stop the targeted vessel from using energy weapons. Large vessels may need to be hit by multiple jamming beams at once in order to cease weapons function.

• Jamming Beam These prevent another craft from firing weapons at your craft. Large targets may require more than one beam to be fully neutralised
There is no mention of the canon device creating additional sensor contacts. This isn't to say that such a device isn't possible, it is, but it's not a canon jamming beam. If you want to make a separate device submission which does that, that's fine, but I'd really prefer that people do not define how canonical systems work for everyone else when it is unknown. My main sticking point with the current use of the jamming array in this submission is this:

Krayzen Dratos said:
The jamming beams can also flood the targeting systems of ships with numerous false contacts,
Jamming beams only effect one individual ship. That's why I asked you originally if this was more conceptually related to the MH EW-05, which only effects one ship at a time, or a traditional sensor jammer, which affects everyone in the jamming area (including friendly ships).

Krayzen Dratos said:
Turbolaser/Capital Ship Weapon Value: 1 tubolasers, 4 turbolasers, 7 turbolaser, 10 turbolasers, 20 turbolasers.

What is the difference between each one of these variants? I'd like to have a rough idea of its power for each one of these listings. If it's traditional sensor jammer, what is the rough area of effect and how powerful of a sensor does it jam up to. If it's more in the MH EW-05 vein, it's range and rough power.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I assumed it was similar, since it evidently has some influence from Wookie on the submission.

Also edited the oher stuff, and made it be able to target a single ship, although technically speaking, the jamming beams are already targeting one ship. One thing however to note though is per the link you posted, and your quote above, this is only required for larger ships. Ships like starfighters should be easy to jam, something that I think the EWAR weapons I posted above can also do.

In terms of the latter stuff, the range of the first variant has the range of a standard turbolaser, same goes for one variant worth 4 turbolasers. The variants worth 7 turbolasers has the range of a long range turbolasesr, and the variant worth 10 turbolasesr, as well as 20 turbolasers have a range of a "Heavy Long Range Turbolaser". I would also state like other submissions, the power is relative to the amount of turbolasers each variant is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom