Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech M.I.T.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
robo_bug_by_okidoci-d3epgn1.jpg
Image Source: http://okidoci.deviantart.com/art/Robo-bug-206101117
Intent: To create a tiny communications system capable of being worn, largely unnoticed, and used for communications even when network comms go down.
Development Thread: None unless requested
Manufacturer: Eshan Industrial Corporation
Model: Micro Individual Transmission Emitter or M.I.T.E.
Affiliation: The Republic
Modularity: No
Production: Mass
Material: Agrinium
Classification: Fifth Degree
Weight: 10 grams
Height: 9.7mm
Movement: Heptapedal/Winged
Armaments: None
Misc. Equipment: Basic Communications
Description: This droid is the most basic of basic droids. It is programmed to obey a few short commands, and only those commands. "Transmit" will turn on the recorder and transmitter functions. "Relay" will tell the droid to fly to another person, when coupled with that persons name, to relay a message that cannot be sent over comms. "Implant" tells the droid to latch onto the host location, just behind the ear. These three simple commands are the only ones that the droid will respond to, meaning it has only the most basic of brains, and does not require any form of network connection.

The transmission capability of the droid is a relay system. Each droid acts as a piggy back for the transmission. In this way, if the main comms system goes down due to enemy sabotage, the M.I.T.E. units are capable of maintaining communications by transmitting the sound data from one unit to another until it reaches the target host. M.I.T.E.s are encoded to react to the DNA of their host, so the droids will always belong to the first person that uses them, which is how they are able to recognize the correct recipient for the message that's being transmitted. In this way, they are not susceptible to slicer encroachment because they do not possess the technology that would allow a slicer to do what they do.

They are, however, susceptible to jamming technology, which is why the "Relay" function was included in the little droids. They are also susceptible to EMP blasts, which will render them useless, just as it would other communications systems. They have a radius of 100m transmission range. Outside of that range, they cannot reach another M.I.T.E. to get the message transmitted down the chain. Also not for use under water.
Primary Source: None

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom