Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle M.I. 'Badger' Main Battle Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
rswzAJQ.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a tank
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: AT-TE
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Sealed and pressurized crew compartment
  • High quality cameras with glasteel covers instead of traditional viewports
  • Thermal and night vision modes for each crew member
  • Secure, high-powered comms suite
  • Independent life support and artificial gravity
  • High-powered reactor and secondary generator
  • Secure scanner and sensor suite with an ECM system
  • Magnetized road wheels and tracks, with deployable claws for extra grip
  • Laminanium layer in composite armour to seal any breaches in the fighting compartment
  • Guided missiles, grenades and main gun capable of using various types of ammunition or warheads.
  • Internal isolated storage space for rations, crew effects, and a drinking water tank.
  • Sophisticated targeting system for missiles and main gun.
STRENGTHS
  • Go anywhere: With plenty of systems to keep the crew safe inside, the tank is capable of operating in and out of the atmosphere.
  • Fury time: The various weapons can utilize a variety of ordinance for any situation. The main gun is also capable of damaging smaller capital ships or act as a form of anti-air artillery.
  • Clamp down: Electromagnets keep the wheels and track links tied together, allowing for a smoother and more quiet driving experience on top of easier track maintenance. The links also sport deployable claws to give it more grip in loose terrain or even grip it down in areas with no gravity or atmosphere.
  • I know my ride: The reactor is very efficient despite the vehicle’s size. The tank also has space for rations to sustain the crew for a few days.
  • Isolated: The tank is insulated against EMP/ion/electronic attacks, features no openings in the pressurized compartment, and has a secure comms system to keep in touch. The independent life support and artificial gravity also gives excellent protection against biological, nuclear or chemical attacks.
  • Convenient: The main gun, coaxial and top-mounted repeaters clear the tank’s shields, allowing them to be used without having to turn off the shields
WEAKNESSES
  • Who goes there: The triprismatic polymer coating, sensor scramblers and quiet operating noise might fool basic scanners and help to keep a relatively low profile, but any proper high-quality scanners will still see the tank without any effort. Weapons with sufficient enough targeting systems will also be able to still pick it up
  • Accidental atomic annihilation: If the tank is destroyed, the reactor and sheer amount of ordinance and ammunition could cause a catastrophic explosion that could prove inconvenient for anyone close to it.
  • I’m broke: The tank is very expensive to maintain and operate, especially in lengthy engagements.
  • The long walk: In order to load different payloads for the missile and grenade launchers, or to simply reload them, the systems need to be loaded externally. Likewise, the tank can also only carry 2 salvos for either systems
  • Running hot: Ideally the tank needs to be on the move or else the reactor might start overheating. When idling, it is advised to use the secondary generator to power the primary and critical systems and turn the main reactor off.
  • We’re smarter than this: In order to fire anything else other than the main gun and repeaters, the shields need to be turned off otherwise the tank can risk blowing itself up.
DESCRIPTION
"Badger don't give a kriff." A monster built to go anywhere and fight anything. The Badger main battle tank features a plethora of systems, weapons and features to keep its crew safe, operate in just about any condition, and fight just about anyone. With a trademark whine to its engine and imposing figure, the tank is meant to make an impression on anyone who sees it. It might be costly to use as a general purpose combat vehicle, but for specialized roles and strategic strikes it should serve as a reliable and dependable vehicle to its crews and commanders.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Shai Maji Shai Maji

Very nicely made and detailed submission! I found only one problem.
  • Despite the mention of weakness, the Reflec is a stealth/cloaking technology, i.e. restricted material. If you want to use it, please modify the production scale to Unique or Semi-Unique, otherwise please delete it. However, if you want similar, but imperfect method, where you don't need to change the production scale, I recommend the Stygian-triprismatic polymer.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Very nicely made and detailed submission! I found only one problem.
  • Despite the mention of weakness, the Reflec is a stealth/cloaking technology, i.e. restricted material. If you want to use it, please modify the production scale to Unique or Semi-Unique, otherwise please delete it. However, if you want similar, but imperfect method, where you don't need to change the production scale, I recommend the Stygian-triprismatic polymer.
MANIAC MANIAC there we go, edits made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom