Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Lya Saleté

siff_twilik1edit.jpg
AliasN/A.
Class(es)Civilian/ Criminal (Nar Nutta); Sith Acolyte (The Sith Order).
BirthplaceNar Hutta.
Age24 galactic years old.
Personality TraitsPyromaniac
Expert Liar (Customer Service Skills)
Hard Working
Sociopathic Tendencies
Ultimately Self-Serving
MBTI Typetba
Big Five Typetba
GoalsTo make a life for herself where she feels in control, powerful, and comfortable.
Rank(s)Sith Acolyte.
Faction(s)The Sith Order.
SpeciesTwi'lik.
LanguagesGalactic Basic, Huttese, Twi'lik.
GenderFemale
Force SensitiveForce Sensitive
Character AlignmentChaotic Neutral-Evil
Height5'4
Weight106 lbs

• YOxJvgI.png

Born on Nal Hutta, within lower class conditions, Lya Saleté had two parents and a younger brother she grew up with. As a poor family, everyone worked, including Lya. Lya started out performing odd jobs, maintenance, and menial labor. Her brother was sickly, and thus proved unable to provide for the family. Lya worked for the both of them, doing everything she could to keep him healthy. At age nine. Lya's family was slaughtered by some local thugs, leaving her to be the primary provider for her and her brother.

Growing into her teen years, Lya started work in customer service. A cashier, a waitress, a desk receptionist, and more. She jumped from job to job, in multiple jobs, as she struggled to make funds for her brother's health. At age sixteen, however, she struck gold. A high end, quality restaurant was looking for a waitress. The moment she walked in, the owner smirked.

"A female twi'lik! A waitress like this will bring in customers for sure!"

Even if the pay was meager, the job proved to be far more stable. And yet, she found that the job was taxing and horrendous. Customers were rude and demanding, her bosses all took advantage of her work ethic and need for money, and she found herself being frequently yelled at, humiliated, and even struck. Hot foods were chucked at her, leaving permanent burns on her skin. Her bosses stole her own tips, and she was frequently berated for not doing a good enough job, despite playing the role of the hard working, cute waitress. She worked days and night, seldom getting enough sleep. But, it helped to keep her brother healthy and fed. So, she put up with the abuse.

But one day, when she was twenty four, everything changed.

Her brother fell victim to a serious disease and was rushed to the backyard doctor. Lya begged her boss to let her see her brother in the hospital but was threatened with being fired. Knowing that the hospital bills would require her to work harder than ever, she reluctantly stayed at her job... only to find out when she clocked out that her brother, her only family, everything she fought for... had passed away.

The night in her apartment was spent in utter despair, weeping and screaming in her lonely bedroom. She had just lost her only reason for living, her family, and it demolished her. Her wailing proceeded through the whole night, until the first rays of sunshine peaked through her drafty window. Despite her soul's drained and weary state, she habitually did what she always did... and prepared for her next shift.

She walked into the restauraunt. Circles under her teary eyes, exhausted. and grief stricken. Only to be met with the berating voice of her boss.

"Headtail! You are two minutes late for work! This will be coming out of your check; you can expect to be working your first hour off the clock-"

Something inside her snapped.

All the rage, all the anguish, from years of being mistreated and merely smiling in response caught up with her. The decorative candle fires flickered violently, as Lya realized that with nothing else to live for... she was free to do what she always had wanted to do.

She reached out, using a power within her to grip the manager.

He began to violently contort, bones cracking and muscles tearing. Lya smiled once more, but with a far more sinister glint in her eyes. Watching in terror, the customers cried out and overlooked in horror. But Lya, she never felt so liberated in her life as she lifted him into the air.

"You know... boss... You always had your hand around my neck, using my brother to keep me under your boot. But he's gone now, and I am free."

"L-let me go! Headtail! I'll call the police, and they-"

"My name is Lya. And I have no reason to live anymore. I can die after this for all I care. But I will see you suffer first... for all these years you've treated me like dirt!"

He was slowly twisted into shapes a body never should have been in, as the fires of the candles glowed so bright that they began to catch the entire building on fire. Using the strange power within her, Lya called the flames over, to him. She smirked, as he burned. And the entire restaurant burned down with him.

The entire time, one customer watched with interest, realizing that they had found something far better than a tasty bantha burger in this restaurant.

• unknown.png
    Hard Worker
    latest
    Expert Actress
    latest
    Force Sensitive
    unknown.png
    Pain Threshold

• latest
    Pyromaniac
    latest
    Lack of Self Preservation