Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Lux-Umbra Protector Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
5b3737ca4a7a4c12c99c0a970cbc17fc--fantasy-sword-fantasy-male.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

[*]Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Ignis Imura, Master Emberfall(NPC Master of Vur Tepe)
  • Model: Lux-Umbra Protector Armor
  • Affiliation: Ignis' Imura
  • Modularity: Yes, Limited
    Invested Components: Gloves, Boots, Kama
  • Utility Belt: Can be changed out to carry various items
  • Weather: Can be worn with a Wool/Thermoweave insert for cold environments

[*]Production: Unique
[*]Material:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: 7.8 kgs
  • Resistances
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
- Kinetic: Average
- Lightsabers: Very High
- Direct Force: Very High
- Slugs/Ballistics: Low
- Bladed weaponry: High
- Environmental: Low

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Force Resistance
  • Lightsaber resistance
  • Conduit for Force Powers
Strengths:
  • Singing Steels: Songsteel is a very lightweight metal, thus this armor is much lighter than one might expect. The steel also provides high resistances to Lightsabers, blasters, and other laser like weaponry. The main reason this is used to aid in Ignis' fighting style of MMA, and Bladework. Allowing greater mobility and movement options.
  • Skin of Terror: Taking the hide off of a Terentatek, and fashioning it into a leather provides many helpful additions to the armor. The chest, neck, arms, and legs are all covered in a series of leather clothing pieces that resist direct force action against the wearer. While it does not make the wearer immune to the force, it greatly dampens the affects upon the wearer.
  • Higher Society: The various silks, leathers, and other components of the armor are mostly for aesthetic reasons, or added on top of the more crucial parts of the armor for decoration. Allowing this armor to be worn in otherwise formal showings, or be worn as ceremonial armor just as well as it is useful in battle.
  • Magic the Gathering: Utilizing Songsteel that has been impregnated with wild force shards, The armor itself is attuned to Ignis. Much like attuning a Lightsaber crystal, this allows Ignis to draw upon the force much more easily, as well as strengthen his efforts with the force. More so, Magic based force powers, and Shaping abilities. Increasing the pool of power that he can draw upon.
Weaknesses:
  • Half as Long...: With the various silks and leathers that add to the outward appearances of the armor, the best that the clothing can do is potentially block a vibroblade strike or two. Such as the addition of Shell Spider silk. Otherwise, these silks are useless.
  • Twice as Bright: Songsteel itself is a very bright shimmering metal, as well as the various brightly colored silks makes it difficult for the wearer to attempt to sneak around in anything but a castle. The bright metal plates and the clothing would have to be covered up for any sort of sneaking operation. The plate armor itself can make various noises that increase due to movement.
  • Light Armor is Light: While the armor itself can protect against some kinetic impacts such as punching, or even hammer blows from breaking skin, it does not prevent the breaking of bones or bruising underneath. As well, a light armor is meant for dueling, or for short fighting periods. So no living through getting a building crushed on top of you or even a powerful hammer strikes.
  • Flat Note: Songsteel adds a whole lot of advantages to energy based weaponry, but piercing weapons such as slugthrowers or armor piercing rounds would do what they were built to do. While the lighter rounds from a handgun will have a harder time on the thicker armor plates, such as the chest, Armor piercing rounds or anything above a hold out slugthrower will break through.
  • Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes: The Terentatek leather is covering a major portion of the body. Mainly the chest, shoulders, arms, and legs. However, the feet, hands, wrists, ankles and head are completely open. Thus as they are not covered by the leather, those body parts can still be affected by the force. While the rest of the body is resistant to direct actions of the force taken against them.
  • Wild and Untamed: Due to the Wild Force shards that are impregnated into the armor they can provide major benefits in increasing the force potential of Ignis, but have some major downsides.
    Ease of use: They do not provide easier use of powers.While they increase Ignis' potential with said powers, it does not make it easier for Ignis to use them. The power required to pick up a 50kg rock is the same to Ignis as anyone else.
  • No Stress Balls: It does not increase Ignis' usage of the powers. Ignis' body can only withstand so much stress when using the force. The crystal does not increase the capacity to do more, it just make his abilities more powerful.
  • Elephant in the Room: As it increases Ignis' potential, it also increases his "signature" or "essence" within the force. Thus any abilities that Ignis may have to hide himself within the force, will need to be much stronger to hide his signature. Instead of trying to hide a mouse, he is trying to hide an elephant.

DESCRIPTION
Armor is a thing that the Imura family have always used and almost relied upon within the later years of Nickolas' life, and with Ignis' upcoming war with the Sith Empire, as well as any obstacles that are in his path. Ignis knows that one day he will have to face his father to right the Sins that have been committed. Ignis prepares himself for that day. Thus, using funds from himself, gear he has acquired, and gather materials from the Je'daii Order, He puts them together into a suit of armor for easier use.

Crafted with a very expensive and rare metal of Songsteel, it is very resistance to energy based weaponry and thus just about any small arms fire that he may see on the battlefield, he will have protection against. While slughthrowers are rarer than a blaster rifle, and any melee weapons other than a blade are even more so rarer, Ignis fails to see the need for massively heavy armor. Thus using a lighter metal that can be worn for longer periods of time is the way to go. The plate armor itself is impregnated with Wild Force shards that increase Ignis' potential within the force greatly. Even though he is only considered a Knight within the force, his signature when wearing the armor feels much stronger on the level of a Master ranked individual. However, this draws great attention towards himself and those around him.

Various leathers, silks and cloths are used for the rest of the garments or the outer layers as a more decorative take. Thus the armor can be worn on and off the battlefield. However, with a rather luminescent metal, and bright silks and cloths, it makes it harder to sneak around in the armor. In fact, it would be easier to sneak around in normal clothing than this armor. Added to this, With Ignis' force signature or essence being more powerful and more prominent, it is also harder to hide within the force from those who can sense him.

Ignis knows that he will be exposed much more easily to the force, and thus prepares for it. Having an underlay of Terentatek leather to prevent direct force usage against himself. It dampens the effects of the force that are used directly against him. Thus a force push that could shove someone a meter away, would hardly push him and tug at his clothing. However, more powerful abilities that affect the mind, or if the opponent focuses the force upon the hands, wrists, ankles and feet, then they can have a better and much more easier time to deal with him. As those areas are not covering him.

Ignis Imura said:
Restricted Missions: N/A

Ignis Imura said:
Magic the Gathering: Utilizing Songsteel that has been impregnated with wild force shards, The armor itself is a walking nexus of the force. Allowing Ignis to draw upon the force much more easily, as well as strengthen his efforts with the force. More so, Magic based force powers, and Shaping abilities. Increasing the pool of power that he can draw upon.
Force nexuses are a restricted material, please provide a thread which completes the objective listed in the Factory Standardized Rules or remove this feature.
Force Nexus [Locations, Planets, Items]

• Embark on a quest to locate / create and research the Nexus in question. The larger and more powerful the Nexus, the more unique writers should be involved in the process. There is no set post limit, though you should tell a complete story.

[member="Nadja"], After reading through the submission of the Wild Force Shard on the Wookipedia, It states Individual, not an area of affect.

Edited submission to remove mention of nexus as the crystal itself cannot perform such actions.

Ignis Imura said:
[member="Nadja"], After reading through the submission of the Wild Force Shard on the Wookipedia, It states Individual, not an area of affect.

Edited submission to remove mention of nexus as the crystal itself cannot perform such actions.
If an object increases the force in the same manner as a location-based nexus, individually or otherwise, it is considered a force nexus. The same is applied to sith swords which are submitted with the canonical dark side nexus benefit to the user.
Wild Force shard was a name given to crystals that were imbued with the power of the Force and, in turn, could exponentially enhance the Force powers of an individual.
The above is from the Wild Force Shard article, and is the specific aspect of a force nexus that put them on our restricted materials list.

[member="Nadja"],

I am confused.

A nexus is a place, item, or person that has an unnaturally strong presence within the force. That means the item can be felt through the force much more easily than a like item of the same make. As such with the Lightsaber -Soulsaber- where it was so dark due to it being used to kill thousands of jedi, that it created a nexus of it's own.

An item that had attracted the use of a nexus was either created with the nexus in mind, or had been saturated with the force due to seeing long periods of time. As such with some dark sided planets that had many sith lords living upon them, and over time grew dark. Or the planet of Byss where it become corrupted because of so much dark sided activity upon it. From which one, or multiple people could then draw upon it, and feel it.

This crystal is a Force crystal. Its a crystal that, when attuned, will provide a specific effect upon the one person who attuned it. Such is the case of a Permafrost crystal. Where when attuned, through the force, it would prevent the use of a lightsaber to anyone else, except for the person who attuned said crystal.

By those terms stated of you, then any crystal submitted should be properly attuned and count as a force imbued, or nexus location.

However, I digress. You are requesting me to create a nexus, when in actuality, the crystal is attuned much like a lightsaber or a force-imbued/Sith sword is. So which process will I be required to perform? As this armor only directly increases Ignis alone, instead of a nexus where anyone who has a connection to the force can draw from it.

So will I be required to attune the armor/find it/discover how to make it, or will I be required to make a nexus when that is not the purpose of the submission. That is why I am confused about this. You are requesting me to make a Nexus, when I edited the armor to not be one. As my intention was only for Ignis to be able to draw upon it.

I am sorry for the long winded response, but I am just trying to gather the thoughts that I have together and make sure we are on the same page.

Ignis Imura said:
A nexus is a place, item, or person that has an unnaturally strong presence within the force. That means the item can be felt through the force much more easily than a like item of the same make. As such with the Lightsaber -Soulsaber- where it was so dark due to it being used to kill thousands of jedi, that it created a nexus of it's own.
7fdcbd688e9b113b384800436e1f441b.png

The wild force shards resonate with the force itself, doing exactly what you're describing, and influence those using it based on its surroundings. It enhances the power of those using it exponentially. It does everything a force nexus does, with the only exception being that it has no set alignment.

Ignis Imura said:
An item that had attracted the use of a nexus was either created with the nexus in mind, or had been saturated with the force due to seeing long periods of time. As such with some dark sided planets that had many sith lords living upon them, and over time grew dark. Or the planet of Byss where it become corrupted because of so much dark sided activity upon it. From which one, or multiple people could then draw upon it, and feel it.
This shard is saturated in the force itself. As I mentioned above, the only difference here is that it has no alignment in the force - according to the actual sourcebook for it:
c732f4fbd907642881a8f85224ffcdaa.png

Ignis Imura said:
This crystal is a Force crystal. Its a crystal that, when attuned, will provide a specific effect upon the one person who attuned it. Such is the case of a Permafrost crystal. Where when attuned, through the force, it would prevent the use of a lightsaber to anyone else, except for the person who attuned said crystal.
This is incorrect. The permafrost crystal article specifically mentions that it must be attuned to the user for that to happen, the wild force shard article does not. A wild force shard is something that enhances the user's abilities in the force exponentially without drawbacks, because it, itself, resonates with the force in the same manner of a nexus. Were this a talisman of concentration, which draws on the user's own reserves, or something which stores a static amount of reserves for a limited use, this would be seen as a force imbued item with significant force benefits. However, because this functions as a nexus does, this is being judged as a force nexus.

To reiterate and emphasize, this is not related to a permafrost crystal which requires someone to attune the crystal to them for its effect to take place - a wild force shard works without such methods.

Ignis Imura said:
By those terms stated of you, then any crystal submitted should be properly attuned and count as a force imbued, or nexus location.
The terms that have been laid out for you, as noted in my original post, are that any item, object, or location which provide the same benefits and effects as a force nexus must also have a restricted mission thread fulfilling its requirements in order for it to be approved.

A permafrost crystal, per your example, has none of these and would not require that. Neither would a normal force imbued blade that is resistant to lightsaber damage. Or a sith sword without its dark side nexus benefit.

Ignis Imura said:
So will I be required to attune the armor/find it/discover how to make it, or will I be required to make a nexus when that is not the purpose of the submission. That is why I am confused about this. You are requesting me to make a Nexus, when I edited the armor to not be one. As my intention was only for Ignis to be able to draw upon it.
Your submission contains the effects of a force nexus, you must provide a restricted materials thread which fulfills the restricted material mission listed in our factory rules. You edited the submission from:
Ignis Imura said:
Magic the Gathering: Utilizing Songsteel that has been impregnated with wild force shards, The armor itself is a walking nexus of the force. Allowing Ignis to draw upon the force much more easily, as well as strengthen his efforts with the force. More so, Magic based force powers, and Shaping abilities. Increasing the pool of power that he can draw upon.
to

Ignis Imura said:
Magic the Gathering: Utilizing Songsteel that has been impregnated with wild force shards, The armor itself is attuned to Ignis. Much like attuning a Lightsaber crystal, this allows Ignis to draw upon the force much more easily, as well as strengthen his efforts with the force. More so, Magic based force powers, and Shaping abilities. Increasing the pool of power that he can draw upon.
You reworded it to remove the words "walking nexus of the force" and that was it. You do not attune wild force shards to the person using it, an individual is simply the person making use of them. You are conflating the effects of a permafrost or lightsaber crystal with a wild force shard, the two are unrelated. For all intents and purposes you have not changed the effects your submission, only removed the use of the words "force nexus" from your submission. Everything is still the same, it still enhances your character's ability to use the force to an exponential degree, and it is still a nexus of force energy.

No, it is not a nexus of the dark side, or a nexus of the light side of the force, but it is still an object which directly resonates with the force itself that is drawn on to enhance your ability to use the force exponentially.

You can remove the force shards, or you can provide the restricted materials mission for force nexuses.

Force Nexus [Locations, Planets, Items]

• Embark on a quest to locate / create and research the Nexus in question. The larger and more powerful the Nexus, the more unique writers should be involved in the process. There is no set post limit, though you should tell a complete story.

[member="Nadja Keto"],

Alright. Thank you for the clarification! I will work on a thread for the nexus.

Do you have any requirements you would like to see for this thread, or am I just to go as is, and play it by ear?

[member="Ignis Imura"]
The only requirements I have for you are those listed in the rules (it needs to be either found or created with a touch of research). I'll move this to the prefactory to give you the time you need to complete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom