Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Luna Troop Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
oshanin-dmitriy-1.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Creating a troop transport for production and sale by Locke and Key Mechanics[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Image Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Artstation[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Canon Link: N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Restricted Missions: N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Primary Source: N/A[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Manufacturer: Locke and Key Mechanics[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Model: Luna Troop Transport[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Affiliation: Silver Jedi Order and Other Customers (Closed Market)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Production: Minor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Material: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Reflec coating[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Quandanium[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Electronics Parts[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Transparisteel[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Classification: Dropship[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Length: 30m[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Width: 22m[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Height: 8m[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Armament: High[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]1 x Tractor Beam (mounted above cockpit)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]2 x Laser Cannons (2 mounted on either side of the cockpit, 2 mounted above and below the tail) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]12 x Missile Rails each mounting one missile.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]2 x [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Tenjin Ion Torpedo Launcher[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]2 x [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Vespa Auto Ripper[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Defenses: High[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Reflec Coating[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Quandanium Steel Hull[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Deflector Shield[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Casper Active Protection System[/SIZE]
Phantom Short Range sensor jammer

Squadron Count: Very Low: 4
Maneuverability Rating: Low
[SIZE=11pt]Speed Rating: Low[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Hyperdrive Class: 5[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]STANDARD FEATURES[/SIZE]

Modifiable Troop Bay: The Troop Bay can be modified to hold armour troops, unarmoured troops or canisters containing weapons/food or light armoured vehicles.

[SIZE=11pt]Sealed Troop Bay: The Luna is capable of both atmospheric and space flight, and the troop bay can be pressurized and sealed to allow troops to be transported through the vacuum of space to their target.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Heavy Weapon's Package: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]The Luna carries a heavy loadout of weaponry. The designers knew that when landing in a contested landing zone the transport would need to be able to handle and enemy activity to clear a landing zone and then provide support for a team that might be far away from any allied support.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Hyperdrive[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Communication Systems [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]ADVANCED FEATURES[/SIZE]

Low Sensor Signature: The Reflec coating, while not a stealth device the Reflec coating mutes the sensor signature of the Luna making it more difficult to detect of passive sensors which would allow them to avoid trouble where possible. The Reflec coating Is only effective at long ranges muting the sensor return of the Luna making it seem like a ghost return. A powerful enough sensor can burn through the protection provided by the reflec in addition as the Luna gets closer to the sensors they will be able to resolve the reading. While the Reflec is ineffective at short ranges the Luna is equipped with a Phantom Short Range Sensor Jammer providing it with some measure of protection, although the Phantom suite doesn't make the Luna invisible, it just acts as a jammer making it harder to get a weapons lock on it. Again a powerful sensor system can burn through the protection provided by the jammer, or an ECCM suite can counter it's protections, in addition a pilot can always line up a manual shot making the jamming ineffective.

[SIZE=11pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Low Sensor Signature: The Reflec coating, while not a stealth device the Reflec coating mutes the sensor signature of the Luna making it more difficult to detect of passive sensors which would allow them to avoid trouble where possible.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Weaknesses: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Extremely Slow Hyperdrive: The Luna is designed simply as a troop transport and close support ship. It was designed to move troops from a ship or base to a combat zone safely and efficiently. While it is capable of hypering away if needed the hyperdrive is very slow and is generally only intended for use as an emergency measure.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]A flying brick: The Luna is not manoeuvrable transport, pilots comparing it to a flying brick. However, it is the backbone of the fleet transport because of its ability to fly into a variety of drop zones with a varied transport package. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Description: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]In keeping with his strategy of looking outside of the standard military production while setting up his operations during the Great Galactic War John Locke came to the realisation that there was a key market niche that wasn’t being fully exploited. The number of boarding actions that occurred during the battle at I-49 revealed the importance of being able to move troops back and forth, both between capital ships and the planets they’re assaulting. Yet, the transport needed teeth, not all deployments were uncontested, in fact, many of them could be in the face of heavy opposition, so any transport needed to have teeth to back up its troopers and provide close-in air support.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]To this end, Locke and Key Mechanics designed the Luna Troop Transport to provide a safe and effective way to transport troops/ The Luna is designed to be operated by a crew of 4, a pilot, co-pilot, gunner/crew chief and an engineer. Aside from the flight crew, it can transport 30 unarmoured troopers or 20 armoured troopers in its default configuration.[/SIZE]

[member="John Locke"], it looks like this is missing the "Squadron Count" and "Maneuverability Rating" headings. Once we have those in, I'll be able to continue forward with checking the balance on this.

I'd like a bit more detail about the use of the reflec's effectiveness. Typically, with its use on anything other than semi-unique ships, this is a very minor buff that only works at a long distance. I'd like to see something like that (or some other major limitation) on its use.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Thank you for review the submission :)

I have added the missing ratings, though if possible I would like some advice on the squadron count. I'm not sure what level to balance it at, none or low and would appreciate some guidance in that matter. I have also expanded on the low sensor signature section of the special features adding weaknesses such as the short range and powerful sensors to the Reflec, I also realised I forgot to mention the Phantom so have added that to the section noting it's weaknesses too.

John Locke said:
I have added the missing ratings, though if possible I would like some advice on the squadron count. I'm not sure what level to balance it at, none or low and would appreciate some guidance in that matter
No problem. At none (or 1 ship per squadron), this is actually underpowered. A rating of "Low: 8" would get you perfectly balanced.

John Locke said:
I have also expanded on the low sensor signature section of the special features adding weaknesses such as the short range and powerful sensors to the Reflec, I also realised I forgot to mention the Phantom so have added that to the section noting it's weaknesses too.
This section looks good now.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Gir Quee said:
No problem. At none (or 1 ship per squadron), this is actually underpowered. A rating of "Low: 8" would get you perfectly balanced.

This section looks good now.
Excellent, thank you very much. Modified the sub to reflect the Squadron Count as low.

[member="John Locke"], I do apologize.

I was going over the submission once more and noticed the troop complement. Because its pretty significant in terms of passengers, the squadron count should be lower (the closest comparison would be the "light freighter" example). If you'll change the squadron size to " Very Low: 4 ", we will be all set to go.

[member="John Locke"]
We've updated the starship template after reopening for 5.0, we now have an Advanced Systems field and Standard Features field in place of a Special Feature field. Please replace your special features field with a Standard Feature and Advanced Systems field, with any special technology in the Advanced Systems field and anything that would be common or doesn't impact the balance of the submission in the Standard Features field. Your reflec, for example, would be in the advanced systems field, while the sealed troop bay would be a standard feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom