Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Luminous Beings Are We

It is said that limitation breeds creativity. Forcing oneself to approach a problem from a perspective they would never have otherwise considered can and has led to astonishing innovation. But in Amani's case, it was the sheer freedom of peace that led her to search for new and alternative possibilities. Her efforts were still needed, in some ways more than ever, and now she found her interest piqued by the greater potential of healing as an art.

But to explore this potential, she needed direction. And it was her hope that the Jedi archives would provide. After all, few repositories in the galaxy could claim to be as robust as the one in this very temple. Amani mentally chastised herself for not finding more opportunities to delve into the vast knowledge it freely offered her. But as it was, there had already been so much to do. Now? Now there was time.

The mirialan approached the front desk, admiring the rows of texts with a sense of quiet appreciation. She looked around, finding no help in sight, and resorted to tapping a small service bell.

The desk had only recently been “moved into” by a new librarian, and it showed. A few boxes remained unopened on the floor behind the chair, and the desk itself was sparsely supplied and decorated only with a lothcat-shaped paperweight and a framed photo of a happy couple. At least, the husband looked happy; it was hard to discern what the wife was feeling, given her lack of humanoid characteristics.

At the sound of the bell, there was a lengthy pause. Then a backdoor opened, and out popped the new librarian. Well, Kassogtha Cthylla didn’t pop out so much as peek before crawling along the floor over to the desk.

Hello,” she said. Her voice was pleasant; she spoke Basic clearly with a faint accent. “Can I help you?

Amani let her eyes wander the idiosyncrasies of the desk, and found herself smiling faintly. Still she had only just begun to even comprehend what the second figure beside the man in the picture was, when the real deal stepped out from behind the backdoor. Amani blinked a few times at the sight, but had no visceral reaction to the archivist's appearance. She had actually met members of Kassogtha's species before, during her travels across the galaxy. Back then, it had come as much more of a surprise, but now she could simply appreciate the unique nature of Pylantian dimorphism. It was… oddly wholesome, in a way; Seeing the unions they formed.

"Hello," Amani chirped back, "I hope so. I'm looking for information on Mist-Weaving. Preferably some kind of treatise on medical applications, if such a thing exists?" Specifics currently eluded the Chief Healer, which was exactly why she needed such texts in the first place. But she had heard of the possibilities. She hoped to try them out for herself.

"I think we have at least one copy of the Book of Luminous Mist available..." Kassogtha moved over to a computer, deft tentacles moving across the keyboard as she searched the library catalog. "All of the copies have been checked out. Ooh, but we do have the audiobook, if you want that. As for medical applications on Mist-Weaving, it looks like there are some medical journals available for download. Do you have an external hard drive to put those on?"

"I think we have at least one copy of the Book of Luminous Mist available..."

"Ah."

"All of the copies have been checked out."

"Oh." There were at least other options. Amani fished around in her pocket for a small drive, which she had brought along for just such an occasion. She pulled it out a moment later, waving it, "I do. And I'll take the audiobook," Being pregnant was leaving a bit more idle time on her hands, what with less work on her plate. Might as well get something to listen to.

"So you're our new archivist?"
She asked conversationally, during the lull in book searching.

Kassogtha plugged the drive in, downloading the materials.

"So you're our new archivist?"

Yes. We just arrived from the Silver Rest.” No doubt many Silver Jedi were moving to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant these days, now that the balance of power had shifted so dramatically. The currents of the Force moved in mysterious ways. “Kassogtha Cthylla, Jedi Master. Pleased to meet you.

The name sounded vaguely familiar, though Kassogtha couldn't remember where she's heard of Amani before, let alone in what context. The Organa surname was well-known, certainly, but something told her that wasn't the case. Oh, well. "Chief Healer, hm? Ah, that makes sense." Why else would she be checking out medical texts?

"What brings you our way?"

"Well, I heard that your Chief Librarian recently left," she said. That was a business they probably shouldn't get too much into. "With the SJO having more or less disbanded, it seemed like I was being called here. My kids have all flown the nest, and my husband is a youngling instructor, so all the pieces just fell into place."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani nodded, frowning slightly at the mention of their former Chief Librarian, who had since went separate ways with the Order. But it seemed everything had worked out nicely for Kassogtha, at least. More and more Silvers had gradually made their way to the NJO over time, so it was no surprise to see yet another. The mirialan nodded toward the picture on the desk, at mention of her husband, "The lucky guy, then? Does he work here?" Probably something she ought to have known as Chief Healer, but with a lot of the moving around that had been happening after the war, it was hard to keep track.

"Are your children Jedi?" She also asked after a beat.

Kassogtha chuckled, her mass of tentacles wriggling with amusement. “Yes. Oukranos was transferred as well. He teaches the younglings how to wield their training sabers.

The computer finished its download just before Amani asked about their kids. “Ah, no,” Kassogtha answered. “Only one of our children was born Force Sensitive, and he wound up in the AgriCorps. But they all turned out all right.” She handed over the drive.

Amani's smiled broadened, "Well, maybe I'll have to stop by and say hello to him as well," She liked being able to teach and interact with the younglings anyway, so it was a good enough excuse on its own.

Kassogtha noted that only one of her kids was actually Force-sensitive, but Amani perked up at mention of the AgriCorps, "Well he's doing good work then," She held a lot of respect for what they did. In fact, "I'm actually opening a mobile Enclave for the Jedi soon. There's a lot of opportunity there for Service Corps members. Relief work and the like. If he's ever struck by a bit of wanderlust, he's more than welcome to get involved," She shrugged, not wanting to sound too much like a salesperson over the idea, but she was excited by the project. Amani took the flash drive and dipped her head, "I appreciate the help. That's it from me. I hope we'll see each other more in the future, Master Cthylla," Unless Kassogtha had anything else to speak on, the healer would take her leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom