Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luck Be A Lady

@[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

Judah hated Coruscant. It reminded him too much of the nanodroid invasion he had to endure. Yet business did not stop at the borders he chose not to cross. Many influential people chose to make the planet city their home. Why, he had zero idea. Yet while on planet, Judah had heard of another opportunity, possibly one in the making. A smuggler turned bar owner. Apparently she only smuggled the best, for the best of credits. If she was as good as she claimed, then the woman would have zero problems getting to where he needed to be.

Coming upon the bar, Judah noted it wasn't the typical Coruscant design. Perhaps more of a Mid-Rim leaning. It looked as if it belonged on a quaint little street on a quiet planet. Maybe it was the feel the owner was going for. Judah avoided bars like a plague so he didn't know what was normal and what wasn't. He would just assume it was similar to restaurants that catered to a minority on certain planets. Trying to recreate a feeling of a home long lost.

Stepping inside, his eyes slowly adjusted to the crowded place. He took a seat at the bar, ordering a drink he wasn't going to touch. Just seemed the proper thing to do when calling upon the owner of such an establishment. When the bartender brought his drink back, Judah decided to go ahead and ask. No sense waiting til closing, time was valuable.

"Excuse me, I'd like to speak to the owner. I have a business proposition for her, one that would pay decently if she agrees..."

Rekha was leaning over the bar talking with a young woman. Seems the girl was down on her luck and looking for a job, she had pleaded with Rekha to hire her that she'd do anything. It was that hint in her voice that told Rekha the girl was on the edge of doing just that, anything. She'd hate to see someone take to that kind of life if they truly did not want to, so Rekha leaning on her elbows looking down the bar noticing the man who stood there.

Rekha looked back at the girl, "Ok...you can start now. Go put your stuff away see Jarrod" Rekha looked back to see Jarrod already standing there, he gave her the look of not another stray. She smiled at him "What you want her on the lower levels, she'd be dead in a week either from drugs, or someone just because. Find her an apron let's teach her how to wait on tables" Rekha would have to turn one of the droids off or repurpose them to do something else. yea probably that.

Rekha walked down the bar to stand in front of the newcomer, "So you want to see the owner" Her green eyes looked him over from head to foot as Rekha leaned to her left to be able to see what she could of him. She did not know him, and she wasn't entirely sure someone had sent him, "what are you drinking?"

Let's size him up she thought.

@[member="Judah Dashiell"]

@[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

Judah looked down at the drink. He hadn't given a thought to what he order. Just a blind pick in a sea of random choices. Frowning, he tried to remember anything specific about it. To him it just looked like amber liquid with cubes of thick ice. So there were choices in the matter. Lie and hope his guess was correct. Or merely tell the truth. There were many smugglers in the galaxy, if this woman rejected him he would pick back up and find another one to do the task.

"No idea. I don't drink. I just picked one."

Rekha laughed, she looked into the glass, "Well I hope you drink it slow cause not being a drinker one will put you to dancing on the tables" She tilted her head and looked at him again, "And you know you don't look like the normal customer you look like a man looking for something"

Rekha reached under the bar for her glass, ice tea, plain ice tea though anyone who didn't drink wouldn't know, all they saw was color and cubes. She took a drink, "so....I'm Rekha, what are you looking for?" She smiled this time, always smile well least a humans it helps them, at others it means a fight.

@[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

"Don't worry Miss Kaarde, I'm not drinking the liquid."

Judah shifted in the barstool once again. His proposal was a bit crazy. Hell, it sounded crazy to his own ears. Yet he was still going to voice his idea. There was something to be said for trying and the like. It was for a cause greater than himself.

"I need you to take me to a slave market on Gala. I'll be posing as a wealthy businessman. Details aren't important right at this moment. Your ship will need to be extremely fast and unregistered in order to make this work."

Green eyes flashed in angry Rekha looked at him, his not drinking good whiskey wasn't an issue, however her taking him to a slave market...she growled. She hated slavers. This time when she spoke her voice was very low, very harsh and direct. She was now that woman who risked her life more than once doing things for others for pay. He had said he was posing as a business man, so was he a slaver...

"I don't like slavers, or people who deal in slaves." She didn't know what he was up to, but if he was buying slaves, his image had just moved into her top five. "So you might want to share a detail or two with me" Rekha put both hands on the bar now, if he said the wrong thing she'd be yanking his skinny arse over the bar. Her ship was unregistered, well it would be for another month, but then she had promised to make it legal.

@[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

"Nor do I deal in slaves."

Pausing, he wasn't quite sure what to share. It was better to stick to the details of this little adventure rather than the personal reasons behind it. The smuggler didn't need to know. Probably didn't care to know at all.

"I need to be taken to Gala because the slave market also includes an artifact market. Selling off exotic local art and historic pieces. They do it in the slave market I think to humiliate the slaves even more. Not quite sure...Either way, it just happens to be located there. A person I know, her family has ties to the planet. Former and current slaves. I'd like to get something back for them, otherwise we may never have the chance."

Rekha stepped back, "So you want a piece of art" Rekha took the drink from in front of her guest, and knocked it back. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, "fine. I don't need to know what you're planning or how your planning it. I get paid to transport you and your purchase, unless we get entanglements, and then the price goes up. Any damage to my ship, you pay to get it fixed. " Rekha thought a few moments.

Gala. Fuel. Her time. "20,000 credits, 10 now, 10 when we get back. Plus damages if any" Rekha wasn't shrewd or hard to get along with, she just had some standards that she had to live by. Slavery was one of the things she couldn't. But it bothered here they'd be at a slave market, and not do anything. "What do you think?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom