Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LSR-3 Ravager

uoHArME.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Lightsaber Rifle/Cannon
  • Size: Extremely Large
  • Weight: Extremely Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Lightsaber-compatible Crystals, Synth Crystals
  • Ammunition Capacity: Extremely Large - 157 Crystals per minute
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Very High - 1575 RPM
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Triple-Barrel Design: The LSR-3 Ravager features three barrels, allowing for increased firepower and sustained combat capabilities.
  • Unlimited Crystal Capacity: Each crystal within the LSR-3 Ravager can produce 10 plasma bolts before requiring replacement, ensuring continuous firing without the need for frequent reloading.
  • Rapid Cycling Mechanism: The weapon's cycling mechanism operates at an impressive rate, enabling a high cyclic rate of fire, resulting in devastating firepower output.
  • Adaptive Energy Management: The LSR-3 Ravager incorporates advanced energy management systems to optimize power distribution and prevent overheating during prolonged engagements.
  • Enhanced Stability and Recoil Dampening: Despite its formidable firepower, the LSR-3 Ravager is designed with advanced recoil dampening systems and structural stability enhancements, ensuring accuracy and control even during sustained firing sequences.
  • Integrated Targeting Systems: The LSR-3 Ravager is equipped with sophisticated targeting systems, including advanced sensors and targeting reticles, enhancing accuracy and precision in various combat environments.
  • Iconic Design Aesthetics: The LSR-3 Ravager features distinctive design elements that reflect the technological prowess and aesthetic appeal of lightsaber weaponry, making it a symbol of power and authority on the battlefield.
STRENGTHS
  • High Damage Potential: The LSR-3 Ravager's ability to deliver powerful plasma bolts with precision targeting makes it effective against both small craft and capital class vessels, enabling users to inflict significant damage and neutralize threats.
  • Intimidating Presence: The LSR-3 Ravager's reputation for devastating firepower and melting capabilities instills fear in adversaries, whether its infantry on the ground or vessels in the air, potentially influencing their behavior and decision-making during combat encounters.
WEAKNESSES
  • Limited Effectiveness: Despite its formidable firepower, the LSR-3 Ravager may struggle against nimble and evasive opponents, such as small fighter ships or skilled adversaries employing agile maneuvering tactics, diminishing its overall combat effectiveness.
  • Weakness to Shields: Shielded enemy vessels or vessels employing effective countermeasures can neutralize or mitigate the impact of the LSR-3 Ravager's attacks, posing a significant challenge to users in combat engagements.
  • Barrel Overheating & Maintenance: The necessity to preserve Beskar-made barrels and manage thermal buildup limits the sustained firing capabilities of the LSR-3 Ravager. Users must carefully monitor weapon temperature and conduct regular maintenance to prevent barrel overheating and ensure operational integrity.
  • Ammo Shortage: Because of the ammunition type used, it severely limits the overall use of the weapon.
DESCRIPTION
The LSR-3 Ravager represents a pinnacle of lightsaber rifle technology within the Galaxy, embodying a fusion of ancient Jedi craftsmanship and cutting-edge military innovation. Crafted by master artisans and weapon engineers, the LSR-3 Ravager is a testament to the ingenuity and resourcefulness of its creators, designed to fulfill a specific combat niche: penetrating enemy defenses and wreaking havoc on enemy ground troops, small fighter ships and capital-grade vessels alike.

At its core, the LSR-3 Ravager harnesses the raw power of plasma, channeled through precision-crafted crystals to produce devastating plasma bolts capable of piercing through some of the most resilient armor plating. Its triple-barrel design enables rapid-fire bursts of energy, delivering a relentless barrage of plasma projectiles that can overwhelm enemy defenses and devastate entire squadrons with ease. Each crystal loaded within the weapon's core possesses the capacity to produce ten plasma bolts at a time, allowing for sustained combat without the need for frequent reloads.

The LSR-3 Ravager excels in engagements where pinpoint accuracy and overwhelming firepower are paramount. Against enemy vessels, it can disable engines, shut down power systems, or snipe personnel with lethal precision. Its plasma bolts, while initially needle-like, gain immense destructive power with increased output, making it capable of melting through even the thickest armor plating of capital ships. However, despite its formidable capabilities, the LSR-3 Ravager has its limitations.

Against small, agile targets, such as nimble fighter ships or adept pilots, the weapon's needle-point plasma bolts may struggle to find their mark, requiring skilled marksmanship and strategic foresight to overcome. Additionally, the reliance on Beskar barrels necessitates careful resource management and periodic maintenance to prevent overheating and structural degradation during prolonged engagements.

The LSR-3 Ravager's deployment on the battlefield introduces new tactical considerations for both allies and adversaries alike. Its presence can turn the tide of battle, instilling fear in enemy ranks and forcing them to rethink their strategies. However, its formidable power also makes it a coveted prize for those seeking to wield its might for their own purposes. In the hands of skilled pilots and warriors, the LSR-3 Ravager becomes a symbol of dominance and destruction, reshaping the very fabric of galactic conflict with each plasma-infused volley. Yet, its true potential lies not in the weapon itself, but in the hands of those bold enough to wield its power and cunning enough to outmaneuver its limitations.

The LSR-3 Ravager's ability to fire 10 plasma bolts per crystal represents a significant advancement over its predecessors, underscoring its status as a capital-grade weapon of immense power and sophistication. The decision to increase the output of plasma bolts per crystal stems from a combination of technological advancements and meticulous engineering.

One of the key factors behind this enhancement lies in the weapon's state-of-the-art heat management system. Through innovative design and precise calibration, the LSR-3 Ravager's heat management system efficiently dissipates excess thermal energy generated during plasma bolt production. This allows the crystals to sustain higher levels of energy output without risking overheating or structural damage to the weapon's components. The result is a more efficient utilization of energy resources, enabling each crystal to produce twice as many plasma bolts compared to its predecessors.

Furthermore, the LSR-3 Ravager boasts an upgraded power generation system capable of supplying the necessary energy to sustain the increased plasma bolt output. Enhanced power generation technologies, coupled with advancements in crystal refinement and energy conversion efficiency, ensure that the weapon operates at peak performance levels without compromising reliability or stability.

As a capital-grade weapon designed for frontline combat engagements, the LSR-3 Ravager embodies the pinnacle of lightsaber rifle technology, pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the realm of energy-based weaponry. Its ability to unleash a relentless torrent of plasma bolts symbolizes the culmination of years of research, development, and innovation, solidifying its reputation as a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

Technically this cannon should fire slower however as its belt fed, it is able to keep the incredible reload speeds that have been seen of the cannon in testing.

kjf6PkS.png

Last edited:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Hi there, I will be reviewing this submission today.

So as the first lightsabre rifle in factory so far I'm going to be going through this submission fairly thoroughly.

Lets start with do you have permissions to use mandaltech or browncoat arms & industrial as manufacturers? These can either be personally permissions for you the writer to use them or for the Mandalorian protectors having permissions to use them for manufacturing.

Technical Specifications, I understand the want to have the technical ratings present but unless they are counted as their own form of mode for this weapon please remove them and just make a mention of these things in your description instead as for example

"Technically this cannon should fire slower however as its belt fed, it is able to keep the incredible reload speeds that have been seen of the cannon in testing."

Weakness to shields? Talk me through this one, to me from the damage output being extreme it should easily be able to overrun shields within seconds. So how does shielding manage to weaken the plasma bolts? Ray shielding could still be used as a weakness, as ray shielding is particularly good against plasma based weapons.

Hi there, I will be reviewing this submission today.

So as the first lightsabre rifle in factory so far I'm going to be going through this submission fairly thoroughly.

Lets start with do you have permissions to use mandaltech or browncoat arms & industrial as manufacturers? These can either be personally permissions for you the writer to use them or for the Mandalorian protectors having permissions to use them for manufacturing.

Technical Specifications, I understand the want to have the technical ratings present but unless they are counted as their own form of mode for this weapon please remove them and just make a mention of these things in your description instead as for example

"Technically this cannon should fire slower however as its belt fed, it is able to keep the incredible reload speeds that have been seen of the cannon in testing."

Weakness to shields? Talk me through this one, to me from the damage output being extreme it should easily be able to overrun shields within seconds. So how does shielding manage to weaken the plasma bolts? Ray shielding could still be used as a weakness, as ray shielding is particularly good against plasma based weapons.

1. Yes, I have permission. Here is permission for MandalTech, and here is permission for Browncoat

2. Fixed, added.

3. I just typed a bunch of stuff out, but I think I misremembered the shows hard. I thought the Jedi had trouble with Droideka shields, then when I searched it up, the Jedi were captured specifically in a Ray shield. I think they lost their lightsabers, so that's why they didn't try getting out? Jeeze I need to rewatch.

I'm willing to remove the weakness, my brain thought lightsabers weren't super effective against shields.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Treoff Kellak Treoff Kellak

Awesome that you have permissions, if you could add those links in your last post to the permissions section of the template that would be great.

Fair point, obi-wan and qui-gon do run from the droidekas in episode one and other sources show the jedi luring droidekas into rolling turning off their shields before engaging them. I was thinking in terms of ratings and not canonical examples.

Otherwise everything else on this seems alright. So just get the permissions down and I should be able to pass it.

Awesome that you have permissions, if you could add those links in your last post to the permissions section of the template that would be great.

Fair point, obi-wan and qui-gon do run from the droidekas in episode one and other sources show the jedi luring droidekas into rolling turning off their shields before engaging them. I was thinking in terms of ratings and not canonical examples.

Otherwise everything else on this seems alright. So just get the permissions down and I should be able to pass it.

Thank you very much. Please let me know if there's anything further you need.

Permissions added.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins

After having spoke with some of the other factory folks I realized that traditionally the lightsabre rifle uses lightsabres as its ammunition which tends to burn out the lightsabre after a time. As such I will need you to knock down the rate of fire. I know that your only using the crystals however as it is I could see someone pointing to a superweapon that using kyber crystals and then to this, asking us how its different.

After having spoke with some of the other factory folks I realized that traditionally the lightsabre rifle uses lightsabres as its ammunition which tends to burn out the lightsabre after a time. As such I will need you to knock down the rate of fire. I know that your only using the crystals however as it is I could see someone pointing to a superweapon that using kyber crystals and then to this, asking us how its different.

Honestly, it was just going to be some cool Mandalorian experimental weapon, I wasn't even going to pull it out often. Just wanted to do some A-10 Thunderbolt shenanigans. If it's too overpowered, I don't mind abandoning it. It was only for fun.

You are correct about lightsabers, I did not anticipate this. It would have to physically launch the lightsabers to maintain the projectile. This is an oversight on me, and it would significantly reduce the ammo from the shortage it would already have. There is no factory mass producing lightsabers for me to load into the weapon.

I appreciate your willingness to work with me on this, I admire it, but it really can not be feasible due to an oversight on my part. Thank you. Please archive this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom