Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lowe Family Values

Elena Lowe

E

The Lowe Family Estate,
Balmorra,
Before the Battle of Adrathorpe

TTTKelm.png

“The GADF? Why?”

Elena’s Aunt Madelyn sat across the broad wooden desk, framed by the heavy set of curtains that filtered out the last of the evening light, leaving the space of the office lit by a solitary lamp in the corner which cast its golden glow across the rich carpeting, but left the fringes of the room in shadow.

A bead of sweat rolled down Elena’s brow, and she focused on a spot on the desk in front of her, unable to meet the woman’s eye. Madelyn struck an imposing figure in Elena’s life. They had met only a handful of times that she could remember, at reunions and special occasions. Her mother, Karina, did not speak very fondly of the woman.

She opened her mouth to respond, but Madelyn went on.

“Your mother has provided you with a stable life, humble though it is. You have a future. When she and I were young we had no choice but to serve.”

Elena sat up straight. She could hear the dismissal in the woman’s voice, that she thought Elena was just a petulant child who wanted to run away and play soldier. She wasn’t.

“I want something more.” She said firmly, her plain grey eyes meeting the startling green of her aunt’s. “I want to be someone, and do something great in the Alliance, and I’m ready now.”

“Not when you’re eighteen?” Madelyn replied with a pointed look.

“I’m sick of pulling up vegetables while the Maw ransack Alliance worlds!” said Elena heatedly. “That’s why I need your help.”

“And, I assume Karina has no idea about this."

“She wouldn’t approve.” Elena replied tersely.

“Hmm. I can’t imagine she would.” Madelyn rummaged through her desk, retrieving a small piece of card. “You’re lucky in that you were born in the Sith Empire, so I have access to some contacts that could arrange records that would prove you are of age to serve. You’re quite sure about this? There will be no going back after its done.”

“Nothing's gonna stop me, I'm more sure than I’ve ever been about anything."

"Very well then." replied her Aunt.

TTTKelm.png

“You can stay in the guest room while I arrange for your documents but please, do not be a pest.”

Madelyn waited for the girl to leave, sitting back as the door closed and left the office silent. She let out a breath, leaning back in her chair.

Elena was foolish, to be sure, but Madelyn had to admire her spirit. Her sister- Elena's mother- was a long-suffering soldier, reluctant to rise above her station. She was much better suited to the humble, quiet life she had chosen since coming to Balmorra. Elena though, well, Madelyn saw some of herself in the girl. That desire, that will to succeed, to be something even when the people around you say you aren't ready.

With her help, Elena could be something special.

She tapped a manicured nail on the screen in front of her, and a moment later a man appeared, clad in a simple black uniform.

"Talyn, I need you to arrange a favour with Mr Hargrove. I'll send through the details, just please set up the meeting."

"Of course ma'am." Replied Talyn with a nod, sweeping out of the room without another word. This was what she liked, her house in order, everyone doing things right. It was such a shame she was about to reintroduce the discourse of the outside back into her life.

Ah well, in many ways she was like young Elena, always striving to rise above.

The door opened and Madelyn looked up, a smile sneaking across her face as she recognised her wife in the doorway.

"I just saw a young woman in the hall." remarked Yves, her voice neutral, but with that certain warmth that made Madelyn smile despite herself.

"Yes Octavia, just my niece, Elena. Apparently I'm not the only Lowe with aspirations in the Alliance."

"She takes after her aunt." replied Yves with a chuckle.

Madelyn rose from her chair and followed Yves out. This affair with Elena was a welcome distraction from her work. The time was coming where Madelyn would have to step out from the shadows and into the Alliance itself. The task of setting up a life, a career for herself, was proving more taxing than she'd anticipated. It turned out the legacy of a Sith-Imperial Moff was difficult to shake.

"I guess so, let's get her packed, hmm?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom